Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lexington Catholic
17.86%
Boyle County
82.14%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic @ Boyle 11/18 Dreaded 3rd Round
Lexington Catholic will travel to Boyle County this Friday. 

Lexington Catholic (10-2)
Aug 19, 22 Ryle home (W) 27 - 21 
Aug 26, 22 Henry Clay home (W) 48 - 6 
Sep 2, 22 Covington Catholic home (L) 6 - 7 
Sep 9, 22 Pleasure Ridge Park home (W) 42 - 19 
Sep 16, 22 Lexington Christian home (W) 42 - 6 
Sep 23, 22 Tates Creek away (W) 41 - 0 
Oct 7, 22 Boyle County home (W) 28 - 27 
Oct 14, 22 Bourbon County home (W) 49 - 0 
Oct 21, 22 Anderson County away (W) 63 - 8 
Oct 28, 22 Scott County away (L) 21 - 28 
Nov 4, 22 Scott home (W) 50 - 6  Class 4A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 11, 22 Bourbon County home (W) 14 - 0 Class 4A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Boyle County (10-2)
Aug 20, 22 Madison Consolidated, IN at Mercer County (W) 50 - 2 Little Caesars Ft. Harrod Bowl
Aug 27, 22 Bryan Station home (W) 36 - 12 Rebel Bowl Sponsored by Whitaker Bank 
Sep 2, 22 Danville home (W) 41 - 7 
Sep 9, 22 Henderson County home (W) 31 - 17 
Sep 16, 22 Bowling Green away (W) 35 - 21 
Sep 23, 22 North Hardin home (W) 65 - 14 
Oct 7, 22 Lexington Catholic away (L) 27 - 28 
Oct 14, 22 Anderson County home (W) 36 - 0
Oct 21, 22 Bourbon County away (W) 55 - 12 
Oct 28, 22 Frederick Douglass home (L) 6 - 37 
Nov 4, 22 Rowan County home (W) 49 - 0  Class 4A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 11, 22 Boyd County away (W) 43 - 21 Class 4A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Thoughts?
Boyle wins and I don't think it will be in doubt.

Boyle 35
Lexington Cath 21
Boyle was the better team in the first meeting(better teams don't always win) and they are still the better team. Boyle by multiple scores.

I'm okay with using the RPI. However, there should be an exception if two district foes meet in the third round. A district winner should never go on the road to a team it has already beaten.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • papagrit, Patriot1
Payback is the name of the game…….right

Boyle County 42
Lexington Catholic 07
If Boyle gets up early I don’t think the Coaching staff will let Catholic back in it this time I’ll take Boyle for the win.
Boyle County no doubt the better team.....

Boyle County 35
Lexington Catholic 14
Boyle
Pulling for the underdog LC by 3
I think Catholic picks up where it left off in the 1st meeting. No slow start this time around.

Catholic 38

Boyle 21
(11-12-2022, 10:01 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: I think Catholic picks up where it left off in the 1st meeting. No slow start this time around.

Catholic 38

Boyle 21

I guess the Bourbon game was a slow start as well...
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunninReb's post:
  • Jack Lambert
What happened in the Bourbon game with Lexington Catholic, they just play the JV?
Boyle and Lex cath have had a weird playoff. Both at home 1ST round. Boyle on the road in the 2nd because of a higher district seed, then plays at home vs the team that beat them to claim their district haha.

But I believe boyle wins this. But they have to bring their “A” game. The knights have already shown they can score on boyle and I guess beat them too. I do think a lot of last game was mentality. Boyle got up fast and kinda had that cruise control effort on. Coaches too. I might be wrong to, that’s just kinda what I watched, but I missed the 1st and a lot of the 2nd qtr. Now if I’m wrong, and that’s just boyles team that I saw out there, it would be 50/50 to me. I think boyle will go for the knockout and then this time slit the throat so there’s no chance of a game later on.
Why is this game being played at Boyd Co

(11-12-2022, 11:09 PM)Never mind they changed it Wrote: Why is this game being played at Boyd Co
It’s not. It’s being played at boyle. Boyle played at Boyd This week because of district seeds. This round is seeded by RPI which boyle is 2 and Lex 3
This is the round where the RPI comes into play. Boyle has the better RPI.. 

Coach00Why is this game being played at Boyd Co

(11-12-2022, 11:09 PM)Never mind they changed it Wrote: Why is this game being played at Boyd Co

I don’t think Boyle will let what happened at LC happen at home. I say they put the pedal to the floor and never let up.. 56-14 Boyle..
In any football game, when the momentum switches sides, it is very difficult to get it back. This is exactly what happened when these two teams played in their regular season game. Boyle got ahead by 21-points and put it on cruise control. This won't happen in this game (especially with the game being played at Boyle). I do feel somewhat bad for Lexington Catholic for winning the first game and still having to play the playoff game on the road. But look for Boyle County to get ahead early and stay ahead in this game and win by two touchdowns.
If Boyles corners don't cover the receivers better than the last game they could be in for a long night. You can't disguise a weak player. Lexington catholic found him everything and exposed him. This one is a toss up but still cheering on the Rebels.
[-] The following 2 users Like True pioneer's post:
  • Hatz, SlantZ
Lex Cath will give Boyle a good fight but Haddix will go into his old playbook and use some things that will for sure work this time. I’d say didn’t show all his cards the first time around. I’m sure LC layed all there’s down just to get the whammie of their back.
Boyle 35
LC. 21
To beat Boyle, a defense needs to limit Quisenberry's big plays but no one has done that all year. Advantage Boyle. Boyle has some other kids on offense that can hurt you but no one else that can dominate a game.

I don't see Catholic kicking / punting the ball to Quisenberry. Kick offs will go through the end zone; punts will be directed out of bounds.

Catholic got Dawahare and Hall back last week. Hall did not play until late 3rd qtr / early 4th Qtr and even then his opportunities were limited. If either of those 2 were not playing, it would be significant.

Boyle had a vanilla offensive and defensive scheme in the 1st match up; Catholic will not come out with the same offense or defensive scheme they used in regular season.

With Coach Smith on the sideline the previous 4 years, huge advantage to Boyle. Coach B closes that gap.
[-] The following 2 users Like Iggyfan's post:
  • Hatz, Rebel55
Boyle wins by a couple of touchdowns, unless LC plays like they did against Bourbon, if thats the case than it will be a beatdown and LC will be on the receiving end.
Boyle will put Lexington Catholic on a running clock in this one.
(11-13-2022, 11:05 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: To beat Boyle, a defense needs to limit Quisenberry's big plays but no one has done that all year. Advantage Boyle.  Boyle has some other kids on offense that can hurt you but no one else that can dominate a game.

I don't see Catholic kicking / punting the ball to Quisenberry. Kick offs will go through the end zone; punts will be directed out of bounds.

Catholic got Dawahare and Hall back last week. Hall did not play until late 3rd qtr / early 4th Qtr and even then his opportunities were limited. If either of those 2 were not playing, it would be significant.

Boyle had a vanilla offensive and defensive scheme in the 1st match up; Catholic will not come out with the same offense or defensive scheme they used in regular season. 

With Coach Smith on the sideline the previous 4 years, huge advantage to Boyle. Coach B closes that gap.
I like LC’s coach. Like him a lot! But you’re underestimating coach haddix. Agree with your other statements though. I think they were more “vanilla” on D than on O
Boyle 5-2 vs top 7000
Lex Cath 6-2
Coach Haddix and Rebels are not going let this game slip away like last time they met!!!
Boyle Co will control this game from start to finish!!! I think they win big in this game.

Boyle Co - 35

Lex Cath-13
How long is the Qb Dawson out for? I haven’t seen anywhere if he would be back this season?
Someone said he suited up last week maybe and was throwing on the sidelines. I’d say they are keeping it close to them. I would. Make teams prepare for both. And the more time they are preparing for one the less the other haha
(11-15-2022, 12:32 AM)fansville Wrote: How long is the Qb Dawson out for? I haven’t seen anywhere if he would be back this season?
I believe Dawson will be back this week, is what someone told me. Boyle also has Hardwick back who didn’t play against Catholic along with Bodner who didn’t play second half against Catholic. Boyle’s oline totally changes with Hardwick.
[-] The following 2 users Like Football Man 23's post:
  • Bull got out!, Jack Lambert
(11-15-2022, 12:53 AM)Football Man 23 Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 12:32 AM)fansville Wrote: How long is the Qb Dawson out for? I haven’t seen anywhere if he would be back this season?
I believe Dawson will be back this week, is what someone told me. Boyle also has Hardwick back who didn’t play against Catholic along with Bodner who didn’t play second half against Catholic. Boyle’s oline totally changes with Hardwick.

Boyle’s O-line is definitely on another level with Hardwick playing.
(11-15-2022, 08:29 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 12:53 AM)Football Man 23 Wrote:

What PoS does hardwick play?
(11-15-2022, 08:57 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 08:29 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 12:53 AM)Football Man 23 Wrote:

What PoS does hardwick play?
Center.  Missed the first 6 games due to a stress fracture with offers to Navy and Army.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!