Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 42 Campbell County 0
Final.

Congratulations Red Hounds
Cameltoes kept it about as close as the could with some early clock chewing work. At least they were better than Corbin's previous few opponents. Corbin 193 Opponents 0 in last four games.

Good luck at Trinity , Camels. Behave in the back of the bus on the way home.
[-] The following 3 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Corbin, Hound05, TheStickyBandit
Redhound defense is peaking. Campbell County had a nice little playbook and some good playmakers. Lots of deception in their play calling early but the Hounds locked in and pitched their 4th straight shut out. Harlan County has their hands full next week.

With Catholic and Boyle losing and Simon Kenton up 9 with a minute left on woodford, and Whitley beating Danville, Corbin likely just locked up the 1 seed.
(10-28-2022, 10:54 PM)Corbin Wrote: Redhound defense is peaking. Campbell County had a nice little playbook and some good playmakers. Lots of deception in their play calling early but the Hounds locked in and pitched their 4th straight shut out. Harlan County has their hands full next week.

With Catholic and Boyle losing and Simon Kenton up 9 with a minute left on woodford, and Whitley beating Danville, Corbin likely just locked up the 1 seed.

Scott County -Catholic score???
Congratulations to the Hounds and I heard the barking from here
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
Congrats Corbin on the win and a great season!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Hound05
Congratulations Corbin the #1 rpi is yours great season so far. Best of luck
[-] The following 1 user Likes True pioneer's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
Congratulations to the #1 team in 4A!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(10-28-2022, 11:07 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-28-2022, 10:54 PM)Corbin Wrote: Redhound defense is peaking. Campbell County had a nice little playbook and some good playmakers. Lots of deception in their play calling early but the Hounds locked in and pitched their 4th straight shut out. Harlan County has their hands full next week.

Scott County won 28-21
(10-28-2022, 11:30 PM)Corbin Wrote:
(10-28-2022, 11:07 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Scott County won 28-21

HUGE RPI night for the Hounds!!!!!
Way to go Hounds!
Wayne beat north too.
[-] The following 2 users Like Corbin's post:
  • Hound05, Sgt Slaughter
(10-28-2022, 11:47 PM)Corbin Wrote: Wayne beat north too.
Even better Friday now! 

CC had a good game plan for the most part. T try to confuse the D, and chew up and swallow the clock. It felt like the regurgitated and chew up again in the first half. They kept our O off the field for the most part. They just couldn’t stop them when they were on it. 

bull, OSH, slaughter, one of you talked
about last year saying they had talent all over the place. I didn’t get to see them last year. But this year, it looked like the same thing to me. Pretty big, fast QB, had a decent arm, decision making was questionable. RB looked pretty good too. It was hard to tell because of our d line. Very tall and fast WRs who could catch. Big line. One would think they’d have a decent team. Looking at their schedule nothing stands out. They kept it close with cooper I guess. Which I guess they are decent, their schedule isn’t an easy one. I don’t know, they just seemed like they should compete with some solid teams. Coaching maybe?? But it don’t get any easier for them, they visit the ‘rocks of trinity. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
Old School Hound real nice class. Why don’t you get on that bus. Typical redneck

Come to Fort Thomas. You’ll get the same treatment Raceland got
(10-29-2022, 12:48 AM)bo67 Wrote: Old School Hound real nice class. Why don’t you get on that bus. Typical redneck

Or….. we’ll give you the same treatment you got from Simon Kenton ?‍♂️
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter

Wonder how those State Championship aspirations are fairing now….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(10-29-2022, 12:48 AM)bo67 Wrote: Old School Hound real nice class. Why don’t you get on that bus. Typical redneck

Too bad your little Blue Birds couldn't have made a trip to Corbin and got reamed. Tell the little birdies towork a little harder and maybe try to beat  SK  next time before worrying about tackling Corbin.
(10-29-2022, 01:37 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Honestly, Corbin will have the best shot to win 4A based on what I have seen over the last few weeks. Injuries has taken Boyle down to a tuff but beatable team.  Lexington Catholic is still dangerous. But Corbin has the best QB of the 4 remaining teams and is playing inspired football. Corbins offense is a machine right now and the defense is pitching shutouts making it 4 shutouts in a row. I said a few weeks back Corbin will be on Kroger field in 2022. I will be there in Lexington to see them play for a Championship.  All I can say to the field at this point, you have work to do to catch the Hounds based on how they are playing currently barring any injuries or unforeseen happenings... 

Proud of the these players for a second straight undefeated season!! Go Hounds!!

I get asked all the time in private and out in public about Corbin. They are for real Miss Jackson!!

[Video: http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYxAiK6VnXw]
I refuse to sleep on Johnson Central though. I know they aren’t what they were but they flat out whipped Belfry last night. Also a round 2 matchup with Letcher Central could be interesting and a major trap game. They aren’t as good as Corbin but their offense can put up points in bunches. Whip or shut out Harlan County and start looking towards round 3 and you could end up with a Madison Southern game like in 1996. It’s playoff time. Nobody is to be overlooked because it’s one and done.
(10-29-2022, 09:19 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Honestly, Corbin will have the best shot to win 4A based on what I have seen over the last few weeks. Injuries has taken Boyle down to a tuff but beatable team.  Lexington Catholic is still dangerous. But Corbin has the best QB of the 4 remaining teams and is playing inspired football. Corbins offense is a machine right now and the defense is pitching shutouts making it 4 shutouts in a row. I said a few weeks back Corbin will be on Kroger field in 2022. I will be there in Lexington to see them play for a Championship.  All I can say to the field at this point, you have work to do to catch the Hounds based on how they are playing currently barring any injuries or unforeseen happenings... 

Proud of the these players for a second straight undefeated season!! Go Hounds!!

I get asked all the time in private and out in public about Corbin. They are for real Miss Jackson!!

...and just like that, Corbin is in the 4A finals again.  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-29-2022, 10:47 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(10-29-2022, 09:19 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

...and just like that, Corbin is in the 4A finals again.  Big Grin

It’s a new year Hooty! Get Ready!    Smile
(10-29-2022, 10:25 AM)Corbin Wrote: I refuse to sleep on Johnson Central though. I know they aren’t what they were but they flat out whipped Belfry last night. Also a round 2 matchup with Letcher Central could be interesting and a major trap game. They aren’t as good as Corbin but their offense can put up points in bunches. Whip or shut out Harlan County and start looking towards round 3 and you could end up with a Madison Southern game like in 1996. It’s playoff time. Nobody is to be overlooked because it’s one and done.
Why did you have to bring that game up?!!!!!! ?. That was a state championship team if I’ve ever seen one. HUGE on the line. In the backfield. Fast Wr’s and a good Qb. Beat that team silly 2 weeks before and then boom!!! 

I don’t think this team will be overlooking anyone this year. I don’t think this is that kind of team. I don’t think you do either, JS. JC looked good against belfry. Couple years ago that would have scared me. But belfry still is a decent team. Def not a pushover. They kept it close for a while, but having your QB and coach had to hurt. Glad they’ll both be ok. Jc still benefited from the game.
(10-29-2022, 01:17 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(10-29-2022, 10:25 AM)Corbin Wrote: I refuse to sleep on Johnson Central though. I know they aren’t what they were but they flat out whipped Belfry last night. Also a round 2 matchup with Letcher Central could be interesting and a major trap game. They aren’t as good as Corbin but their offense can put up points in bunches. Whip or shut out Harlan County and start looking towards round 3 and you could end up with a Madison Southern game like in 1996. It’s playoff time. Nobody is to be overlooked because it’s one and done.
Why did you have to bring that game up?!!!!!! ?. That was a state championship team if I’ve ever seen one. HUGE on the line. In the backfield. Fast Wr’s and a good Qb. Beat that team silly 2 weeks before and then boom!!! 

I don’t think this team will be overlooking anyone this year. I don’t think this is that kind of team. I don’t think you do either, JS. JC looked good against belfry. Couple years ago that would have scared me. But belfry still is a decent team. Def not a pushover. They kept it close for a while, but having your QB and coach had to hurt. Glad they’ll both be ok. Jc still benefited from the game.
I was on that team. Started at CB. Still baffles me how in the world we lost to a team we beat 49-27 on senior night. Lol. We should’ve won it. I’d like to see my boy bring the ship home back to Corbin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Bull got out!

Here's a handkerchief for you, squall bag. Typical A$$ talker buckeye.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Old School Hound

If you watch the game, the outcome never seemed to be in doubt and was played mostly on Belfry's end of the field. I have not seen the stats yet, but Belfry seemed to have passed the ball much more than a typical Pirates team, which is a pretty good indication of how much JC's defense dominated the game. Belfry is a young team with an outstanding coaching staff and they will not see another rushing defense better than JC's in the 3A playoffs. If you think that injuries played a part in the loss, then you are mistaken.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Bull got out!
3 more weeks.....
We shall see.....
(10-29-2022, 01:57 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:

I was on that team. Started at CB. Still baffles me how in the world we lost to a team we beat 49-27 on senior night. Lol. We should’ve won it. I’d like to see my boy bring the ship home back to Corbin

I would love for our boys to bring one home. It’s time!
Let us know when Corbin plays someone.
(10-29-2022, 02:32 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Let us know when Corbin plays someone.

Simon Kenton ,  a  very good 6 A  team ;   Pulaski County,  a very good  5A team   ;  Pikeville , a very good team that could beat most 5A and 6A teams.

Next...