Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Lawrence County
This game was highly competitive last year with the Rams winning at home 21-20. I expect another dog fight this Friday in Louisa, no pun intended.
Will be a tough game. RAMS by two scores.
If this is a game we should just drop football!
(10-22-2022, 03:22 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: If this is a game we should just drop football!

State title or bust for the Rams.

I expect Raceland to win this game easily. The Greenup County loss earlier this season tells me something is severely flawed about this Lawrence County team. That just doesn’t happen to a legitimate quality team. I think Lawrence will fold when faced with the step up in competition.
Raceland wins this one comfortably
Lawrence County is a dangerous team and this is a game that the Rams could lose if we don’t play focused. I think this will be a close game either way and I would be surprised if either team won by more than 2 scores.
That Greenup game was a fluke and you will see. This was a game last year, don’t be surprised to see a good game again.

Nothing severely flawed, didn’t execute and put the ball on the ground. When you do those things, you will get beat.
It’s gonna be interesting how this RPI lines out. If Hazard beats Shelby Valley next week teams are gonna be traveling to Hazard.
(10-22-2022, 06:07 PM)Hambley Wrote: It’s gonna be interesting how this RPI lines out. If Hazard beats Shelby Valley next week teams are gonna be traveling to Hazard.
Hambley, do you feel like Hazard is the better team by a lot, or do you feel like this will be a close game?
This game is a must win for Raceland in the RPI. The Hazard loss to Pikeville didnt do what any of us thought it would. Truth be told, we need to win, Hazard to lose, amd KCD lose as well
I think Shelby valley hammers hazard
With both teams eyeing bigger prizes, how important is this game? Do both teams play starters throughout the entire game?
(10-22-2022, 10:10 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: With both teams eyeing bigger prizes, how important is this game? Do both teams play starters throughout the entire game?
As other posters have said, this is a huge RPI game for Raceland and I can’t see them not bringing their best effort. Also we had a month of playing weak teams and this is a game the Rams needs to prep for the playoffs.
Rams will most definitely play to win next Friday
(10-22-2022, 03:22 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: If this is a game we should just drop football!

Can we get this in writing?  LOL!!!!  

I admire the orange confidence.  RPI or this game or not anything else matters this year- though!  Pikeville state champs; others are playing for the runner up team pic to hang in the locker room.
This is a huge RPI opportunity for Lawrence County as well. If you think this is going to be a blowout for Raceland based on one Lawrence County loss to Greenup than you’re going to be in for a rude awakening.

RPI

Raceland .71924, OWP .49862, OOWP .56668

Lawrence .62724, OWP .41439, OOWP .53147

Racelands RPI is #3 in 1A behind Pikeville and Hazard.

Lawrence is #6 in 3A behind Bardstown, CAL, Union County, Mason County, and E-town.
RPI is another fallacy! Coaches who have class and reward 2nd and 3rd string guys for their contribution against inferior opponents don’t get “rewarded” by RPI. Stats and numbers don’t suit up and play on Friday night!
If the Rams wanna win state they need RAMDAD50 to coach. His philosophy of bashing his own players would go extremely well with high school kids.
Rams will beat Louwheezy like a Cherokee drum!
And if it is competitive even….Raceland will drop football- right?
Like me dropping an American rebel.
Lawrence county's D is going to surprise alot of people in this game. Yes they can beat lawrence in the air but they are going to have to prove it this game!! Longstreth and Strickland on the line is gonna give Raceland a run for their money!! Should be a barn burner for sure
(10-23-2022, 01:47 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Like me dropping an American Rebel.

I can safely guess how you vote.  Let’s see:  makes bold statement; tries to walk it back or run from it; becomes defensive against those who follow up on it……

You couldn’t drop me RAD; I’m not a cheeseburger!
Going to beat Louwheezy like a drum? Like they did last year? See you on Friday!
Don’t understand everybody calling for Raceland rout.
Raceland doesn’t have one win vs a good team. I watched these two teams last year and Lawrence should have won. One thing Lawrence has to fix is they kept letting the QB take off and he beat them with his feet.

Fix that and
Lawrence Co 28
Raceland 21
(10-23-2022, 12:31 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Don’t understand everybody calling for Raceland rout.
Raceland doesn’t have one win vs a good team. I watched these two teams last year and Lawrence should have won. One thing Lawrence has to fix is they kept letting the QB take off and he beat them with his feet.

Fix that and
Lawrence Co 28
Raceland 21
I'm one of the few who didn't call for a rout, but come on JP, the RAMS aren't giving up 28 Points to the Dawgs. Anything is possible, but highly unlikely.
(10-23-2022, 12:31 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Don’t understand everybody calling for Raceland rout.

Fix that and
Lawrence Co 28
Raceland 21
Wishful thinking
Serious question
Watch the Pikeville highlight reel from semis last year and tell me how many of those guys still start on Raceland defense.
(10-23-2022, 01:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Serious question
Watch the Pikeville highlight reel from semis last year and tell me how many of those guys still start on Raceland defense.
You keep looking over your shoulder talking about last year…..be careful you don’t run into a big orange wall that breaks that nose of yours! Just friendly advice
^^^I knew I wouldn’t get a straight answer.
And people with 6 championships don’t take advice from people with none.
My points:
Raceland is by no means an elite defensive unit.
Lawrence is more than capable of beating Raceland, especially at home.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • SolidRock75