Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10/16 Belfry @ Lawrence County
(10-08-2022, 11:57 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:
(10-08-2022, 02:16 PM)irishcard16 Wrote: Lawrence by eleventy billion
Get your own material. That’s copy write infringement.
It’s their year. For the 12th year in a row.
It should be a good game. Field position and turnovers will more than likely be the key for either team. Belfry having the week off should help the Pirates in the sense that all players should be good to go.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bucslover68's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
For Lawrence County…if not now, then when?
Going with the Pirates by a score in OT.
As to answer the question “if not now, then when?” I think this year and years to come with the talent coming up.
Belfry is loaded with freshmen and sophomore talent which will likely result in a few more state titles in the upcoming years but I'm not sure this is the year, though I definitely hope too see the Pirates end the season at Kroger Field again and it wouldn't surprise me.

Lawrence County appears to have their program on a trajectory to the good ole days, which is great for Mountain Football.

This should be a battle, I'll take Belfry 20-18.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Humpty Dumpty's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
October = Belfry………..Hmmm!!!!!!!!

Belfry 28
Lawrence County 21
I could see this game going either way around those same scores 28-21 or 21-14, something like that.
Not sure about the years to come for LC. Belfry is starting numerous freshman and sophomore’s. Belfry’s freshman class is coming off two back to back middle school state championships and is loaded with talent. This has to be the year for LC and I just don’t see it happening this Friday.
This years LC team is really good as well, they have some really good underclassmen as well. The 8th grade team is loaded and youth programs are all doing great as well. The future looks good for the Bulldogs.
Apparently some Lawrence county fan doesn't know what Belfry has coming up and they play alot of freshman now.

Belfry-24
Lawrence county-12

Be awhile before Lawrence county ever gets close. Keep dreaming bulldogs
I know what Belfry has coming up but I also know what Lawrence has coming up. As far as dreaming it will ever be close, do you not remember the playoff game last year? Anyone who has seen these two teams play this year know this is going to be a battle.

Lawrence County 24, Belfry 22
Death, Taxes, and "This is Lawrence County's Year".

Streaks have to end eventually though.

I think some of Lawrence County's issue over the years has been they have been too concerned with Belfry instead of worrying about themselves.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
(10-10-2022, 12:52 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: Death, Taxes, and "This is Lawrence County's Year".

Streaks have to end eventually though.

I think some of Lawrence County's issue over the years has been they have been too concerned with Belfry instead of worrying about themselves.
I think another reason for the streak is because Belfry has a legendary, all-time great head coach leading them. For LC, we've went through several coaches during the streak. Some haven't been good. The two coaches that would've made us much more competitive, Gary McPeek (now at EKU) and Luke Salmons (now at Cabell Midland), we didn't try or couldn't keep. When we won four in a row, from '99 - '02, we were led by some great coaches (Chuke Williams and McPeek). The jury is still out on our current coach, in my opinion. He's shown some coaching ability but, has yet to lead us to a big win. Coaching matters more than anything at this level.
2027 might be the year. It may happen before then but this is when it could become a real possibility for the streak to end.
It would be funny if the Belfry cheerleaders make one off those banners to run through to look like a calendar and the wording says

"2022.... still not your year. Sorry."
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
(10-10-2022, 03:11 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: It would be funny if the Belfry cheerleaders make one off those banners to run through to look like a calendar and the wording says

"2022.... still not your year. Sorry."
Maybe somebody that knows somebody could make this happen. ?
You all know this is going to be a battle, quit fooling yourselves. Best of luck to both teams!
I can't believe some of you have the gall to get on the internet and suggest that Lawrence County *might* keep it close with the Tug Valley All Stars on Friday night. Some folks in red and white might get their feelings hurt.
(10-10-2022, 02:41 PM)irishcard16 Wrote: 2027 might be the year. It may happen before then but this is when it could become a real possibility for the streak to end.
Will Belfry the Lawrence even be in the same district then? I keep hearing Belfry could very well move to 2A soon? That’d put them in that Valley, Martin County, East Ridge, Prestonsburg district.
I watched some of the LC vs Boyd co game. I did like what the LC coach is doing offensively. Runs a very similar style as Belfry, just different scheme or philosophy. Everyone knows Belfry will establish the fullback then everything follows. LC seemed to run a lot of sweeps mixed with the option some. They have a couple nice backs that run hard and are not afraid of contact. They will mix in the pass some also, so Belfry better stay disciplined.

After watching both teams, number 5 for Belfry is going to be a problem, along with the hogs upfront. Belfry has good size upfront, they are young upfront but as the year has progressed they are starting to gel, which could be a real problem for LC. Haywood will 4 yard ya to death for four quarters, just waiting to break the big ones around the edge.

Could be a close game if Belfry makes mistake on defense. If the LC coach has never coached against Haywood this could be a valuable learning experience. If you haven’t seen it, If could be very frustrating for a coach. Belfry knows it’s time to start hitting full stride. LC going to have to keep waiting for another this is our year.
Short has coached against Belfry for several years now so I can assure you that’s not a problem. young is a good full back and so is Ferguson on Lawrence side, they both play defense too so that will be a battle.
I do believe this is Lawrence County's best opportunity to get over the Belfry hump and they better do it this year, because it ain't happening for the next 3 years.

I'll go out on a limb and take LC to win, 26-21.
It will be a very close game either way. Wish I could watch this one, but I’ll be in London getting ready to watch Pikeville Saturday.
(10-10-2022, 07:41 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: Short has coached against Belfry for several years now so I can assure you that’s not a problem. young is a good full back and so is Ferguson on Lawrence side, they both play defense too so that will be a battle.
Exactly…Ferguson is tough and he will come to play, they better believe he has been anxiously awaiting this game all year!
That’s right!
I predict at the start of the season that LC would be 7-3 and I am sticking with it although I have been wrong a lot and I do believe this will be a good game
I don’t think LC takes the crown. Going to be a good game though.

LC - 12
Belfry - 18
With this game being in Louisa, I like the Bulldogs in a close one.
(10-11-2022, 06:31 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: With this game being in Louisa, I like the Bulldogs in a close one.
Whaaaaaat????? I’m so surprised!!!! 

Im just kidding please don’t get mad.