Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
West Carter
20.00%
Raceland
80.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Carter @ Raceland 9/16
I’m not buying the travel issue for not scheduling NKY or LEX teams. If your baseball team and basketball teams can travel all over to find cupcakes to play then you can afford to have three away games for football. It’s a excuse Raceland has used to schedule cupcakes for years
If Raceland is really itching for some competition, I'm sure Nathan McPeek would be glad to bring Frederick Douglass down 64 to play the Rams. Probably would even schedule home-and-home.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16thregioner's post:
  • SolidRock75
I would think with Belfry schedule some of their 2 game commitments maybe ending this year so I am sure Belfry would schedule a home and home game with the Rams it might be worth checking into.
Would love to have Pikeville back on the schedule.
Of course people will say, "well we see them in the playoffs." That's a lame excuse. So what? You can get film on anyone regardless so it's not like you're going to hide something from a team you may play. I'd rather play & see what I have to deal with possibly down the road. Only makes you better in the long run. it's hard to beat a good team regardless of how many times you play them, & you'll have to beat a good team to win the championship (or get to the championship game) anyway.
Tonights game was a waste. JV won 20-7 vs their varisty in the 2nd half.

Pikeville
Freddie Doug
LCA and LCA
Cov Cath
Belfry
Huntington High, WV
Capitol WV
George Washington
Ironton
Wheelersburg
NKY
CKY

Go get em. If it is really #differenthere. Next year is the time to start really showing it. Its the next step.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • 16thregioner
Guys. Calls are made every year to get good teams on the schedule. We had to fight to get highlands on the schedule. They actually turned us down the first time we made the call. They were supposed to play Cincinnati mcnicholas who bailed on them. They turned us down and then realized they weren’t going to get another game and gave in and played us. Ironton and Wheelersburg are called all the time. West carters best players all transferred to east. Nothing we can do about that. Scheduling is definitely not due to lack of effort by the coaches.
It’s a shame we’ve reached the point of Raceland’s season where the only thing to discuss is future schedules, but it is what it is. If Raceland is going to step up their scheduling, they’ve got to make sure they keep strong classes coming along with a couple of meaningful transfers each year in order to compete with some of those teams on your list.

Personally for the area, I’d love to see the Nathan McPeek return to Ram Stadium with his Broncos after he was humiliated there in his last trip with a decimated Fairview squad. The story lines for a high school game don’t get any better than that.
Theres soooo much more to scheduling ghan meets the eye. I know we are working hard to improve it. Going to be tough.
(09-16-2022, 11:47 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Guys. Calls are made every year to get good teams on the schedule. We had to fight to get highlands on the schedule. They actually turned us down the first time we made the call. They were supposed to play Cincinnati mcnicholas who bailed on them. They turned us down and then realized they weren’t going to get another game and gave in and played us. Ironton and Wheelersburg are called all the time. West carters best players all transferred to east. Nothing we can do about that. Scheduling is definitely not due to lack of effort by the coaches.
West Carter had one player transfer to East Carter. If Raceland looks at Highlands as playing a good team then they need to look at the slate Pikeville is playing this year. Apples to oranges between the top two in the class. Another reason why the Panthers will handle the Lambs in the post season!
(09-17-2022, 10:39 AM)WestCarterComet Wrote:
(09-16-2022, 11:47 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Guys. Calls are made every year to get good teams on the schedule. We had to fight to get highlands on the schedule. They actually turned us down the first time we made the call. They were supposed to play Cincinnati mcnicholas who bailed on them. They turned us down and then realized they weren’t going to get another game and gave in and played us. Ironton and Wheelersburg are called all the time. West carters best players all transferred to east. Nothing we can do about that. Scheduling is definitely not due to lack of effort by the coaches.
West Carter had one player transfer to East Carter. If Raceland looks at Highlands as playing a good team then they need to look at the slate Pikeville is playing this year. Apples to oranges between the top two in the class. Another reason why the Panthers will handle the Lambs in the post season!
Take your A$$ whoopin and move on.
Go figure. A comet promoting an anti-ram agenda lol
(09-17-2022, 10:48 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 10:39 AM)WestCarterComet Wrote:
Take your A$$ whoopin and move on.
Congratulations on beating a team you’re better than! You’ve played one “good” team all year and took an A$$ whoppin! That’s not something a contender would do

(09-17-2022, 10:51 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Go figure. A comet promoting an anti-ram agenda lol
No anti ram agenda, just calling a spade a spade. Raceland schedules soft and Pikeville gets it on with anyone who wants it!
And west wants no more of it.
Your definition of an ass whoopin is far different than mine. But it means nothing in the long run. Ive stated time and time again we need to beef up the schedule. Said for years we needed to drop the NEKY schools, not named Russell and Ashland. No point. Not consistent enough year in and out. You are likely the same comet poster than got butthurt bc i said West wasnt a quality program. If theres a consolidation in Carter Co, you will likely be one of the people crying foul when you lose 50% of your atheletes to Rowan Co and Raceland.. bc thats where they are going if the consolidation happens. Just calling a spade a spade....
(09-17-2022, 11:07 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: And west wants no more of it.
Raceland shouldn’t want to play anyone around the area if they’re really an elite team. How are you getting better from beating teams you’re much better than? These schools don’t have the resources Raceland has. Give Beechwood a call! What about Belfry? Johnson Central?They have those resources! Go compete with high quality teams if you want a title!

(09-17-2022, 11:10 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Your definition of an ass whoopin is far different than mine. But it means nothing in the long run. Ive stated time and time again we need to beef up the schedule. Said for years we needed to drop the NEKY schools, not named Russell and Ashland. No point. Not consistent enough year in and out. You are likely the same comet poster than got butthurt bc i said West wasnt a quality program. If theres a consolidation in Carter Co, you will likely be one of the people crying foul when you lose 50% of your atheletes to Rowan Co and Raceland.. bc thats where they are going if the consolidation happens. Just calling a spade a spade....
Consolidation is a horrible idea and West Carter is not a quality program historically… I would be delusional to say otherwise. When have I ever?
Calls are made every year. We can’t force people to play us. That’s how we end up with the west carters of the world. Would love to have played this game a few years back.
(09-17-2022, 11:16 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Calls are made every year. We can’t force people to play us. That’s how we end up with the west carters of the world. Would love to have played this game a few years back.
JC, Pikeville, and Belfry manage to fill out a quality 10 game schedule every year while being a much better program than Raceland. I promise nobody on either of those 3 teams schedules are dodging Raceland. Neither would those 3 schools.
Pikeville only has nine games. So I think they have scheduling trouble as well. We try to get Ironton and Wheelersburg every year. The only thing we’ve gotten from belfry is a scrimmage. Once again we can’t force people to play us. I actually think it’s pathetic that local teams drop us. As of right now besides the 3 district games we only have Ashland on the schedule for next year. We have 6 games we need to find for next year. Should be interesting
(09-17-2022, 11:26 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Pikeville only has nine games. So I think they have scheduling trouble as well. We try to get Ironton and Wheelersburg every year. The only thing we’ve gotten from belfry is a scrimmage. Once again we can’t force people to play us. I actually think it’s pathetic that local teams drop us. As of right now besides the 3 district games we only have Ashland on the schedule for next year. We have 6 games we need to find for next year. Should be interesting
How is it pathetic that teams who can’t compete with your resources won’t play you? What’s really pathetic is racelands refusal to play teams with equal resources! Continue to beat up on teams around here that you should hammer and you’ll continue to get hammered in the playoffs by teams who play high quality competition.
What resources are you talking about? We don’t have an indoor practice facility. Our weight room is straight from the flint stones. We don’t make Jersey reveal movies. We ride the big yellow dog to all our games. What refusal to play are you referring to? Examples please. I can tell you right now when you are good people don’t call you. When you are down everybody calls you. And if playing really good teams makes you a lot better…..how much better did The comets get last night?

(09-16-2022, 03:23 AM)jetpilot Wrote: But seriously this game is yet another huge test for Raceland in their very tough schedule.

Not!!!! LOL
You beat a pitiful paintsville and belfry team. Lost to the teams with a pulse. Go lay down somewhere.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • Nygfan106wins
Thats my thing. Id love to know who we are declining to play. Enlighten me please! I onow for a fact that games with Beechwood, Ironton, Wheelersburg, LCA, Collins and a handful more over the years that were just about all but finalized, but for some reason or another fell through. NONE of the teams mentioned, nor did Raceland, decline to play. There is a shit ton more to acheduling than meets the eye. Especially now with the RPI. The Racelands, Pikeville, even Paintsville, will have trouble finding home and homes with bigger schools. Especially if those schools are top 10 teams in their classes. We will end up having to go to OH and WV most likely. And this isnt because thw Rams are world beaters either. It just is what it is. "PLAY TEAMS WITH THE SAME RECOURCES" might be the most petty argument I have ever heard.
(09-17-2022, 11:38 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: What resources are you talking about? We don’t have an indoor practice facility. Our weight room is straight from the flint stones. We don’t make Jersey reveal movies. We ride the big yellow dog to all our games. What refusal to play are you referring to? Examples please. I can tell you right now when you are good people don’t call you. When you are down everybody calls you. And if playing really good teams makes you a lot better…..how much better did The comets get last night?

(09-16-2022, 03:23 AM)jetpilot Wrote: But seriously this game is yet another huge test for Raceland in their very tough schedule.

Not!!!! LOL
You beat a pitiful paintsville and belfry team. Lost to the teams with a pulse. Go lay down somewhere.
You don’t get better from getting beat 67-7. You get better by playing teams you’re competitive with. Raceland has much better facilities than the majority of teams they play and more guys on their roster from other schools. Not making a recruiting allegation so don’t get your feelings hurt. Just saying it’s a very big competitive advantage to have kids transfer in, especially from rival schools and play for you. Every program in the state would take a quality transfer so I’m not saying Raceland is in the wrong for doing that at all. However, I am saying they should play schools that have that same advantage.

(09-17-2022, 12:12 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Thats my thing. Id love to know who we are declining to play. Enlighten me please! I onow for a fact that games with Beechwood, Ironton, Wheelersburg, LCA, Collins and a handful more over the years that were just about all but finalized, but for some reason or another fell through. NONE of the teams mentioned, nor did Raceland, decline to play. There is a shit ton more to acheduling than meets the eye. Especially now with the RPI. The Racelands, Pikeville, even Paintsville, will have trouble finding home and homes with bigger schools. Especially if those schools are top 10 teams in their classes. We will end up having to go to OH and WV most likely. And this isnt because thw Rams are world beaters either. It just is what it is. "PLAY TEAMS WITH THE SAME RECOURCES" might be the most petty argument I have ever heard.
Nothing petty about it, it’s just the truth. You’re declining to play good teams. I’ve stated this over and over again. I’m sure the reason those games fell through was because Raceland didn’t want any of those programs.
(09-17-2022, 12:23 PM)WestCarterComet Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 11:38 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: What resources are you talking about? We don’t have an indoor practice facility. Our weight room is straight from the flint stones. We don’t make Jersey reveal movies. We ride the big yellow dog to all our games. What refusal to play are you referring to? Examples please. I can tell you right now when you are good people don’t call you. When you are down everybody calls you. And if playing really good teams makes you a lot better…..how much better did The comets get last night?

Not!!!! LOL
You don’t get better from getting beat 67-7. You get better by playing teams you’re competitive with. Raceland has much better facilities than the majority of teams they play and more guys on their roster from other schools. Not making a recruiting allegation so don’t get your feelings hurt. Just saying it’s a very big competitive advantage to have kids transfer in, especially from rival schools and play for you. Every program in the state would take a quality transfer so I’m not saying Raceland is in the wrong for doing that at all. However, I am saying they should play schools that have that same advantage.

(09-17-2022, 12:12 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Thats my thing. Id love to know who we are declining to play. Enlighten me please! I onow for a fact that games with Beechwood, Ironton, Wheelersburg, LCA, Collins and a handful more over the years that were just about all but finalized, but for some reason or another fell through. NONE of the teams mentioned, nor did Raceland, decline to play. There is a shit ton more to acheduling than meets the eye. Especially now with the RPI. The Racelands, Pikeville, even Paintsville, will have trouble finding home and homes with bigger schools. Especially if those schools are top 10 teams in their classes. We will end up having to go to OH and WV most likely. And this isnt because thw Rams are world beaters either. It just is what it is. "PLAY TEAMS WITH THE SAME RECOURCES" might be the most petty argument I have ever heard.
Nothing petty about it, it’s just the truth. You’re declining to play good teams. I’ve stated this over and over again. I’m sure the reason those games fell through was because Raceland didn’t want any of those programs.
Someone come get their mom. Poor comets got beat bad last night and she can’t handle it.
Typical Raceland fans on here. It’s sad, you bring in transfers and have multiple year holdbacks and you still won’t beat Pikeville.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kentuckysfinest's post:
  • WestCarterComet
(09-17-2022, 12:31 PM)FootballGuy Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 12:23 PM)WestCarterComet Wrote:

Not!!!! LOL

Someone come get their mom. Poor comets got beat bad last night and she can’t handle it.
No issue with the comets getting beaten. Don’t have a good football team and just played the best one in our area. Look forward to getting on this site in December to see all the upset Lambs after Pikeville clocks them again!
(09-17-2022, 12:34 PM)Kentuckysfinest Wrote: Typical Raceland fans on here. It’s sad, you bring in transfers and have multiple year holdbacks and you still won’t beat Pikeville.
Mommy #2 is mad. Probably a Russell mom.
I agree with Comet that some schools in the region have an inherent advantage thanks first to location. Not many Huntington, Ironton, or Ashland kids are transferring to Olive Hill, Vanceburg, Owingsville, or even Grayson. The football “arms race” as Ram-a-Devil put it is contended between the schools right on the Ohio River.

As an aside, I think any kid with football talent would be insane to not go to Ironton right now. They have tangible results of producing scholarships for their players with ability.

I understand that it would be tough to schedule bigger and better teams because playing Raceland doesn’t benefit the RPI for the larger schools. That’s why I suggested calling Nathan McPeek and Frederick Douglass. Lexington teams are starting to not want to play them, so he may be willing to bring his squad up to Ram Stadium and give Raceland some competition, particularly since he has a unique history with the Rams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16thregioner's post:
  • WestCarterComet
(09-17-2022, 12:38 PM)FootballGuy Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 12:34 PM)Kentuckysfinest Wrote: Typical Raceland fans on here. It’s sad, you bring in transfers and have multiple year holdbacks and you still won’t beat Pikeville.
I saw plenty of Russell JFL players in uniform last night watching this game. Think all the Russell moms are to busy listening to recruiting pitches to comment on this thread! Lambs getting them young!
[-] The following 1 user Likes WestCarterComet's post:
  • 16thregioner
(09-17-2022, 12:43 PM)WestCarterComet Wrote:
I saw plenty of Russell JFL players in uniform last night watching this game. Think all the Russell moms are to busy listening to recruiting pitches to comment on this thread! Lambs getting them young!

Now that one made me laugh.  Was it Russell JFL night last night at the game?  Hopefully the next home game is Rock Hill JFL night.  I hear they’re pretty good.
(09-17-2022, 12:45 PM)16thregioner Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 12:43 PM)WestCarterComet Wrote:

Now that one made me laugh.  Was it Russell JFL night last night at the game?  Hopefully the next home game is Rock Hill JFL night.  I hear they’re pretty good.
Must have been! Not even a joke, I saw several kids in Russell jerseys at the game last night.