Lou. Central-21
Congratulations to Belfry
Tonight’s Menu Special:

Hot Crow!

Pirates with a Statement Win!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes BelfryPride's post:
  • Westside
Huge step tor this young Belfry team. Still a lot of growing to do, but this one will put some bounce in your step next week.

Congrats Pirates!
Congratulations Belfry!
Big win!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Congrats Belfry I picked them to win must have been a great game.
Heck of back and forth game. Glad the Pirates pulled this one out. Big time win to get back on track for another big rivalry game next week. Very impressed with central’s defense. Fast and hard hitting. As always they love to try and strip the ball. Great game on pond creek tonight.
Congrats!!!!! I thought you guys would get it. How did central look?
I'm very happy to see Belfry get the win tonight.
How did this one play out?
Central looked like Central. Good size and great speed.

Difference was Haywood and staff. Central played a four four defense. Belfry kept it close then went to a two tight end set, from then on it opened up the ground and pound. Fullback from Belfry rushed 18 times for 81 yards on the final drive.

Great move by the Belfry coaching staff. Haywood playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.
[-] The following 3 users Like VELVET CLOSER's post:
  • BelfryPride, Hurricane Storm, Westside
This is still not a Central team that has anything for the 4A playoffs. They are a great 3A team though. Boyle would destroy them, and I think Corbin would get them too. It's a great win for Belfry who I know is young, and beating a rival is always awesome. Central with Scroggins had the coaching and the players. Maybe their new coaching staff is starting to get better.
nice win
As for Central, I heard a interview with the coach and they are playing some young guns and he said he knew they would take there losses but they are gearing up for the next couple of years. I did not realize that this was the same head coach that was there when they beat Corbin in 2018. He mentioned his son getting ready to start playing maybe next year I think..I think this coach coached in Oklahoma and is from Louisiana if I'm not mistaken..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • bucslover68
Nice win for this young Pirate bunch. They’ll get better and better and be a contender in 3A in the end. Mark it down. But the CAL win over LCA really looked impressive, even knowing the LCA qb went down. But I sure wouldn’t bet against Pond Creek Nation.
(09-12-2022, 04:17 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Nice win for this young Pirate bunch. They’ll get better and better and be a contender in 3A in the end. Mark it down. But the CAL win over LCA really looked impressive, even knowing the LCA qb went down. But I sure wouldn’t bet against Pond Creek Nation.
CAL planted their flag as the team everyone in 3A is chasing.

Tilghman is a very clear cut #2 after how they battled with Mayfield and probably should have won.

Belfry is solid but a work in progress. Right now I wouldn't expect Belfry to play within 3 TD's of CAL or Tilghman. Come November.. we will see how far they have come.

Glasgow & Bardstown we have a pretty good idea of what they are. Solid, capable of a deep run, but nothing that makes you say "wow".

The team who has my curiosity though is Union County. They were very good last year and returned a ton, but still hard to quantify how good they were. Their win over Owensboro Catholic looks huge now after OCath upset Owensboro. Murray is a solid team they just beat as well. That Tilghman game could be a huge game. Trigg County is no slouch either. District 1 is absolutely stacked with those three teams.
Nice win for the Pirates.