Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lawrence County 50 Russell 10
Final.
Congratulations to LC on the win.
Dawgs played like the team we know they are!
Lawrence County dominated this game.
I know we always say it, but is this the year they beat Belfry?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Congratulations to Lc
We won’t know if they can beat Belfry until it’s over but they have to keep improving each week. I like this team though!
Wow. Impressive win.
I just want to say, Hopefully #5 Austin Pike is Okay after being injured for Russell and can finish out his senior season.
Russell is worse then Harrison Co.
Congrats Bulldogs!

This could be the year they get the Pirate off their back!
(09-09-2022, 11:34 PM)VELVET CLOSER Wrote: Congrats Bulldogs!

This could be the year they get the Pirate off their back!
The boys on Pond Creek just beat Louisville Central and LC beats a subpar Russell team, be careful what you wish for  Sleepy
So…. Now Russell cancels the series with LC ??
[-] The following 2 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • Orange Blaze, RamsFan
I heard Lawrence had one player originally from West Virginia. Russell is running out of teams to play. I think Fairview is all Westwood boys these days. Maybe they can pick them up.

I just saw the Daily Independent coverage of this game. The Russell coach indicated the team quit, much like they did in the Raceland game. The next 2 weeks, Russell plays Montgomery and Dunbar, 2 other teams that have been on the losing end of colossal defeats. Anything could happen in those games depending on which teams have quit on their seasons the most. When you get running clocks put on you multiple times, it’s clear your season isn’t going as planned and football is a tough sport to keep literally getting your brains beat in. It’s an unforgiving sport when you get on a bad roll like this because there’s always a next team up who sees you as easy prey to make their season go better.

At this point, the Russell season comes down to district games that all appear as if they’ll be closely contested. What will the morale of each team be heading into those games? Lots of interesting storylines coming up in those district games in a few weeks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16thregioner's post:
  • RamsFan
(09-10-2022, 07:51 AM)16thregioner Wrote: I heard Lawrence had one player originally from West Virginia.  Russell is running out of teams to play.  I think Fairview is all Westwood boys these days.  Maybe they can pick them up.

I just saw the Daily Independent coverage of this game.  The Russell coach indicated the team quit, much like they did in the Raceland game.  The next 2 weeks, Russell plays Montgomery and Dunbar, 2 other teams that have been on the losing end of colossal defeats.  Anything could happen in those games depending on which teams have quit on their seasons the most.  When you get running clocks put on you multiple times, it’s clear your season isn’t going as planned and football is a tough sport to keep literally getting your brains beat in.  It’s an unforgiving sport when you get on a bad roll like this because there’s always a next team up who sees you as easy prey to make their season go better.

At this point, the Russell season comes down to district games that all appear as if they’ll be closely contested.  What will the morale of each team be heading into those games?  Lots of interesting storylines coming up in those district games in a few weeks.
In the prediction thread I said this could possibly be an 0-10 season if things don’t turn around for Russell.  Last night’s loss is making that seem more and more possible.  The most concerning thing with this team is they have given up twice this season against teams that played them tough.  I’m not sure what is going on at Red Devil Hill but I have never looked at Russell as being soft or quitters until now. On their remaining schedule the only team I see being an “easy” win is West Carter and that could still be a loss especially after having 2 games in which the team quit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • 16thregioner
It’s interesting to me that many people picked Russell to win, some even predicted a Russell blowout because Lawrence lost to Greenup. I think Lawrence is better than some think, and Russell is not as good as others think. Nevertheless, the Bulldogs put on a show on both sides of the ball.
(09-10-2022, 09:37 AM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: It’s interesting to me that many people picked Russell to win, some even predicted a Russell blowout because Lawrence lost to Greenup. I think Lawrence is better than some think, and Russell is not as good as others think. Nevertheless, the Bulldogs put on a show on both sides of the ball.

I think you’re correct.  I was one of those who predicted this completely wrong after Russell competed with Wheelersburg and Lawrence lost to Greenup.  I think it’s time for me to give up predictions.  Lawrence was clearly the superior team.  Not even close.
Alot of people was dissing LC last week!! Talking about they aren't no good because greenup beat them by 3 points!! Listen people alot of good teams have got beat this year (Belfry,raceland,Pike county, Paducah tilghman)
Heck belfry was 0-5 last year and turned it around and spanked some really good teams!
Lc is a good team if they can hold it together!! I like a team that gets beat in a nailbitter then goes back to the drawing board and answers with such a win as this one against russel!!
If lawrence can hold the ball and learn from mistakes early on just mark my word!! They will be hard to beat come regional time!!
Lawrence County and Belfry will be a battle this season, I'll still take the Pirates when it really matter but the Bulldogs are legit.
In wait and see mode with LC. Thoroughly dominated both sides of the LOS last night. Ran to the football and tackled much better on D. Showed some willingness to sling it around and do some different things on O. LC overlooked Greenup and got a wake up call. Russell obviously isn't great, but they've got some talent and they *look* like they should be a good football team. After the first series last night they looked like the Washington Generals to LC's Globetrotters.

LC has 5-6 guys that can make plays on offense. The QB made huge strides last night. As he continues to improve, I think LC will have a good mix of power football and the ability to make athletic plays on the outside and in space. They need their stud tackle back to compete for the region, but the O line was solid last night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gabby Johnson's post:
  • 16thregioner
(09-10-2022, 11:04 AM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: Lawrence County and Belfry will be a battle this season, I'll still take the Pirates when it really matter but the Bulldogs are legit.
I just don’t see it. You get beat by Greenup one week and nobody is talking about LC football. The next week you put 50 on a Russell team that might not win a game this year and magical you are competing with Belfry? Belfry will beat LC like they stole something.
Glad you think so and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Looking forward to playing Raceland as well.:)
(09-10-2022, 01:01 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 11:04 AM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: Lawrence County and Belfry will be a battle this season, I'll still take the Pirates when it really matter but the Bulldogs are legit.
I just don’t see it. You get beat by Greenup one week and nobody is talking about LC football. The next week you put 50 on a Russell team that might not win a game this year and magical you are competing with Belfry? Belfry will beat LC like they stole something.

Like Pikeville will beat Raceland?
Have to admit I was surprised by the lopsided score. Not surprised by the win though.
I just can't wrap my mind around the loss to Greenup, although if LC doesn't fumble they win the game.
Guess I'm just not sold on Greenup being legit.
Definitely can't figure out what's up with Russell not being competitive, especially after the way they played against Wheelersburg, who in turn crushed Ashland.
It Looks like Russell’s Austin Pike has a Broken ankle and dislocated knee cap per the daily Independent. Prayers for a speedy recovery for #5.
Is the quote floating around on social media from TJ legit? "We are soft and weak. Physically and mentally. We just arent very good"...im paraphrasing of course. He may be right, but that sounds like a coach thats on his way out, and idk if its the best look for him even if he is. Thats his alma matre
(09-10-2022, 04:43 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Is the quote floating around on social media from TJ legit? "We are soft and weak. Physically and mentally. We just arent very good"...im paraphrasing of course. He may be right, but that sounds like a coach thats on his way out, and idk if its the best look for him even if he is. Thats his alma matre

You should be able to read the article, I think you get so many free articles a month if you haven't used them. He definitely could have chose better words. He was very brutally honest in the paper. He said both sides of the ball are soft among other things. He's about ready to go with the young pups and take his lumps if he doesn't see a more consistent effort.

https://www.dailyindependent.com/news/da...a7ba5.html
(09-10-2022, 05:10 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 04:43 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Is the quote floating around on social media from TJ legit? "We are soft and weak. Physically and mentally. We just arent very good"...im paraphrasing of course. He may be right, but that sounds like a coach thats on his way out, and idk if its the best look for him even if he is. Thats his alma matre

You should be able to read the article, I think you get so many free articles a month if you haven't used them.  He definitely could have chose better words. He was very brutally honest in the paper. He said both sides of the ball are soft among other things. He's about ready to go with the young pups and take his lumps if he doesn't see a more consistent effort.

https://www.dailyindependent.com/news/da...a7ba5.html
I think this is a statement you make at the next level! You don’t make this statement about kids in high school. A coach will lose the respect from young players by saying something like this publicly. Even if he’s right….and he is….you don’t say that in the paper.
[-] The following 2 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • GOREDDEVILS, Runrunrun
Even with the loss to Greenup, the Bulldog defense has impressed this season.
I don’t see any team throttling them this season. The question each week will be what offense the Dawgs will put forward.
You go 66 yards eat up 7 minutes and move the ball at will at the end of 1 you’re up 7-0. Something went south in a hurry to be out scored 50-3 in the final 3 quarters. Just like others have said you don’t say that in the paper behind closed doors yes publicly never. You adjust your scheme to your talent not your talent to your scheme