Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WYMT Mountain Preseason Top 10
(09-03-2022, 11:33 AM)We mr yellow jacket Wrote:
(08-18-2022, 09:28 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: disrespectful to Johnson central

still feel that way a very bad nl team beat them
NL isn’t a bad team so I don’t know why you would say that. A bad team wouldn’t beat JC even if every player on JC has an off night. If you feel that way then JC shouldn’t even be in the top 10 which would be a ridiculous statement to make. Let’s not forget everyone was throwing a fit when the original polls came out few weeks ago and WYMT didn’t put JC 1st now those statements are aging very well and all of a sudden it’s still NL isn’t any good. Yet to be the man you must beat the man and they did. Just give NL credit they played there tail off and won. I’m not even a jaguar faithful or anything just a fan of good high school football.
[-] The following 3 users Like SmashMouth17's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hoot Gibson, North laurel Fan
I love WYMT and have watched it all my life but Steve Hensley and Brandon Robinson are the only 2 that know the mountains and neither one do sports.

They rest are just passing thru and hoping to get out of Hazard as fast as possible, their rankings are the most meaningless of all and as someone who used to love Sports Overtime in my childhood it's hard to admit but their sports department is currently terrible and has been for several years now.

Nobody should put any credibility in their rankings whatsoever unfortunately.
(09-03-2022, 11:33 AM)mr yellow jacket Wrote:
(08-18-2022, 09:28 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: disrespectful to Johnson central

still feel that way a very bad nl team beat them
I predict that this post is not going to age very well. North Laurel is not only no a very bad team, they are, in fact a good team playing for a school that obviously made a great hire.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • TD Hounds
This is how I think after week #3.

1. Corbin
1. North Laurel
3. Pikeville
4. Johnson Central
5. Southwestern
6. Pulaski
7. Belfry
8.Knox Central
9. Breathitt
10. Hazard
1. Corbin
2. Southwestern
3. Pulaski
4. North Laurel
5. Johnson Central
6. Pikeville
7. Bell County
8. Belfry
9.Knox Central
10. Breathitt

I would drop Southwestern below Pikeville if they lose to Simon Kenton today. My guess is that there is not much difference from 1 through 6 at this point. Belfry can always be counted on to finish strong. The same was true for JC under Matney and I hope that Coach Peck will lead the Golden Eagles back to the top of the heap but every coach has to prove himself under fire.
This is how I would rank the top 10. As of today. NL has a chance to beat both the 2 seed and the 4 seed but that’s something they haven’t proved to be able to in the past. I’m not sure they beat both but I could see them maybe beating one. Both those games should be better showings then before. Corbin should be 1 until proven other wise at this point but Southwestern with a win today could have an argument to be on the same line
In my opinion
1. Corbin
2. Southwestern
3. North Laurel
4. Pulaski
5. Johnson Central
6. Pikeville
7. Knox Central
8. Belfry
9. Breathitt
10. Hazard
[-] The following 1 user Likes SmashMouth17's post:
  • wolfcat
Just my two cents, it’s the 3rd game of the season…Johnson Central is still Johnson Central and NL just showed maybe they’re better than some of us thought. At this point in the season no one is winning playoff games just yet and should only be trying to get better for those days in the near future, that’s what sets the good and great teams / coaches apart. Boyle lost to LCA last year about this same time and never lost again the rest of the season, games like this are about getting better….
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, SmashMouth17
Updated 9-5-22

1. Corbin
2. Southwestern
3. Pulaski County
4. Pikeville
5. Johnson Central
6. Knox Central
7. Breathitt County
8. Belfry
9. Hazard
10. Williamsburg
^
I love seeing 1A teams in top 10 but how can Wymt not have North Laurel in top 10.
We need a description of what’s considered mountains.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Labor Day Weekend Updated Mountain Top 10

1. Corbin
2. Southwestern
3. Pulaski County
4. Pikeville
5. Johnson Central
6. Knox Central
7. Breathitt County
8. Belfry
9. Hazard
10. Williamsburg
(09-05-2022, 08:55 PM)Spud6 Wrote: We need a description of what’s considered mountains.
I always considered the mountains east of 75 and south of 64.Im not sure what wymt considers it though
(09-06-2022, 11:04 AM)wolfcat Wrote:
(09-05-2022, 08:55 PM)Spud6 Wrote: We need a description of what’s considered mountains.
I always considered the mountains east of 75 and south of 64.Im not sure what wymt considers it though
That would include Mt. Sterling, Winchester, Richmond, and Berea.

I would say all area including and East of the Daniel Boone National Forest and South of 64. That still brings schools like East and West Carter into question but if you're wanting clearly drawn lines that's about as close as you can get.
JC not very good this year
North Laurel has been included in the WYMT Mountain Top 10 in the past, in both football and basketball. The football program has been down for awhile and maybe the current WYMT staff just doesn't realize that North Laurel falls in its viewing area. NL was ranked 8th when the 2015 season opened and the geography hasn't changed.
Every time North Laurel farts, WYMT is right there to smell it. Come on Hoot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • BobcatForever
(09-06-2022, 12:34 PM)mr yellow jacket Wrote: JC not very good this year
Things could be worse. The Golden Eagles will finish among the top four teams in 4A and probably in the top 3 of the Mountain Top 10. Where do you think Middlesboro will finish?
(09-06-2022, 03:47 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Every time North Laurel farts, WYMT is right there to smell it.  Come on Hoot.

The Reed Sheppard affect
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
If you got North Laurel in the top 10 where do u put them and then do you have Bell above them since Bell beat NL just 2 weeks ago? Both Bell and North Laurel above JC?
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • BobcatForever
9/12 Updated Mountain Top 10

1. Corbin

2. Southwestern

3. Pulaski County

4. Pikeville

5. Johnson Central

6. Belfry

7. Hazard

8. Perry Central

9. North Laurel

10. Breathitt County
(09-06-2022, 03:47 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Every time North Laurel farts, WYMT is right there to smell it.  Come on Hoot.
I Agree
1. Corbin
2. Pulaski County
3. Pikeville
4. Belfry
5. Johnson central
6. Hazard
7. Perry county central
8. Bell County
9. Pulaski southwestern
10. Knox central
(08-18-2022, 10:05 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: You know thinking back to last year, Johnson Central didn’t get much respect in this poll either. Johnson Central is the top dog till someone knocks them off the roost.

They may not be as good as years past, but they are still the best team on that list... IMO
1. Corbin
2. Pulaski
3 Southwestern
4. Pikeville
5. North Laurel
6.Johnson Central
7 Belfry
8 Knox Central
9 Bell
10 Perry Central

Honorable mention
Breathitt, Hazard, Letcher
(09-13-2022, 08:48 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote:
(08-18-2022, 10:05 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: You know thinking back to last year, Johnson Central didn’t get much respect in this poll either. Johnson Central is the top dog till someone knocks them off the roost.

They may not be as good as years past, but they are still the best team on that list... IMO
Well it’s a good thing north laurel isn’t on that list…..
(09-13-2022, 10:10 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-13-2022, 08:48 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote:
Smile
Well it’s a good thing north laurel isn’t on that list…..
Really don’t get how Pikeville is number 1 they’ve only won one game so far and one of the teams that beat them this year already is ranked number 4 and hasn’t lost a game so far.
Anyone of these lists that leave off hazard and letcher and perry are lost. Knox central got dog stomped in barbourville against harlan county by 27 points who has won 7 games in the last 24 outings. Bell has beat one decent opponent and since has not shown much. Williamsburg played leslie down to the wire, and barely beat middlesboro and oneida. Mountain top ten needs to keep the big dogs in order of how they did head to head and nobody else pass them. Like nobody should pass the top 6 teams unless they get beat by someone outside the top 6
(09-13-2022, 10:00 AM)wolfcat Wrote: 1. Corbin
2. Pulaski
3 Southwestern
4. Pikeville
5. North Laurel
6.Johnson Central
7  Belfry
8 Knox Central
9 Bell
10 Perry Central

Honorable mention
Hard to argue with this one. Southwestern above Pulaski until they lose or Pulaski proves they can beat them.
I think Hazard is probably #10, but the transitive property of who beat who I think having Perry Central #10 is fine.

Throw Williamsburg and Lawrence County a bone as honorable mention as well. I think I would take Lawrence over Perry Central and the others, but they do have that Greenup loss weighing them down.
(09-13-2022, 10:00 AM)wolfcat Wrote: 1. Corbin
2. Pulaski
3 Southwestern
4. Pikeville
5. North Laurel
6.Johnson Central
7  Belfry
8 Knox Central
9 Bell
10 Perry Central

Honorable mention

I would switch 2 and 3.  Otherwise, I agree with your list.