Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Corbin
46.43%
Franklin County
53.57%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Corbin @ Franklin County 9/02
Be careful with Malones. Lexington traffic is hell that time of day on a Friday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16 special's post:
  • TD Hounds
(08-29-2022, 11:50 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 10:06 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: This one could end up being a classic, Corbin doesn’t have the talent overall like last year when hardly anyone played both sides of the ball and kids still rotated but there is still plenty of talent on the Redhound sideline.  I’ve never been to Franklin Co.’s stadium and would like a pit stop at Malones, may have to make the trip…I’m gonna one up toolaidback and save my prediction till about 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter…

I'd like to go to Malone's I've never been there.

It’s very nice, absurd prices but the food is first rate by far the best steak you’ll eat anywhere close but you’ll pay for it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • pjdoug
Might see some famous Kentucky people while your there too......
(08-29-2022, 11:59 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 11:51 PM)pjdoug Wrote: If I win pick em this week I'm gonna pin my ears back and not look back. lol

I've been pinning my ears back and now I got holes in the bottom of them....... Smile 

I can only make up 2 points on you......But the way the last 2 weeks has went, I cant bank on it lol....

I’m gonna pin my ears back, play pick ‘em and smoke some Dougie hind end… Smile
  • Bull got out!
(08-30-2022, 09:36 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Might see some famous Kentucky people while your there too......

Such as you?
(08-30-2022, 12:33 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 09:36 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Might see some famous Kentucky people while your there too......

Such as you?

I went in there during Covid and they had the tents outside setup and it was nice for the time at hand.... I did see that ADKINS guy who ran for governor. But PJ, No one recognized me.... I was 12 time Nerf Basketball Champion in grade school.... Smile Funny thing is I worked on about everything down there and never paid much attention to that place but was invited to go and like TD said its high.... Im more of the fix it on my grill type dude....Eat cheap but good....
(08-30-2022, 12:42 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Such as you?

I went in there during Covid and they had the tents outside setup and it was nice for the time at hand.... I did see that ADKINS guy who ran for governor. But PJ, No one recognized me.... I was 12 time Nerf Basketball Champion in grade school.... Smile Funny thing is I worked on about everything down there and never paid much attention to that place but was invited to go and like TD said its high.... Im more of the fix it on my grill type dude....Eat cheap but good....

I like quality food and like trying different foods, and wouldn't mind eating there one time, but I don't care about famous. Home cooking and ghriolling is good too. I wouldn't mind having some Monroe County Style Pork Chops cooked over hot coals with some cornbread and mustard greens.
[-] The following 3 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, Jack Lambert, TD Hounds
(08-30-2022, 09:34 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 10:06 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: This one could end up being a classic, Corbin doesn’t have the talent overall like last year when hardly anyone played both sides of the ball and kids still rotated but there is still plenty of talent on the Redhound sideline.  I’ve never been to Franklin Co.’s stadium and would like a pit stop at Malones, may have to make the trip…I’m gonna one up toolaidback and save my prediction till about 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter…

It’s very nice, absurd prices but the food is first rate by far the best steak you’ll eat anywhere close but you’ll pay for it.
Did you ever eat at Shades Cafe & Steakhouse in Middlesboro?
(08-30-2022, 09:36 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 11:51 PM)pjdoug Wrote: If I win pick em this week I'm gonna pin my ears back and not look back. lol

I've been pinning my ears back and now I got holes in the bottom of them....... Smile 

I can only make up 2 points on you......But the way the last 2 weeks has went, I cant bank on it lol....

You better get tuned in, because my eyes are on the finish line. lol
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
(08-30-2022, 01:33 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Such as you?

I like quality food and like trying different foods, and wouldn't mind eating there one time, but I don't care about famous. Home cooking and ghriolling is good too. I wouldn't mind having some Monroe County Style Pork Chops cooked over hot coals with some cornbread and mustard greens.
Grilling. I frogot how to splel.
(08-30-2022, 01:35 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 09:34 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Did you ever eat at Shades Cafe & Steakhouse in Middlesboro?

Not that I can ever remember but the name does sound familiar

(08-30-2022, 01:37 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 09:36 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:

You better get tuned in, because my eyes are on the finish line. lol

Big Grin cowboy

Such as you?

Sorry for helping turn this into a food show, but we all gotta eat. lol. It isn't likely, but if you ever happen to see a cheap food truck or trailer that needs a little work, please let me know.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-30-2022, 03:20 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Such as you?

Sorry for helping turn this into a food show, but we all gotta eat. lol. It isn't likely, but if you ever happen to see a cheap food truck or trailer that needs a little work, please let me know.

I’m always up to talking food, rather eat it but I can talk about it also…I like Malones occasionally not at all crazy about their prices but you at least know walking in the door the food is gonna be edible.  I’ve paid high prices before and food was some of the worst I’d ever put in my mouth….Imo it’s hard to beat good ole country cookin, I’d eat salmon patties, soup beans, fried taters, corn bread, etc every meal and never get sick of it

Right now is some of the best eating you’ll find around my house, new potatoes and greens beans, fried corn, garden fresh maters, fried corn bread, and a couple extra bottles of cholesterol medicine…
  • Bull got out!
You got me hungry now PJ..... Now back to Franklin County QB, I just broke down the film and man other than a kickoff return, Franklin only scored 10 points in 4 quarters against Scott Countys defense..... Mainly threw the short pass in the flast a couple of times and threw a couple of long balls and then QB ran alot of keepers......Then the rest was Moorman..... QB to me for Franklin looked the best on the last drive in the game when they had a chance to win the game against Scott County when the QB had the quad recivers and sent them down field and that gave the QB a chance to run or pass...... Franklin ran the wildcat about 5 or 6 times......

Hurst, Gavin 7 for 11 108 yards passing....

Hurst, Gavin         11 rushes 53 yards 1 TD
Moorman, Kaden 15 rushes 46 yards 0 TD
If I could get some of Granny’s COVID killing chicken and dumplings I don’t think I’d share

(08-30-2022, 03:57 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: You got me hungry now PJ..... Now back to Franklin County QB, I just broke down the film and man other than a kickoff return, Franklin only scored 10 points in 4 quarters against Scott Countys defense..... Mainly threw the short pass in the flast a couple of times and threw a couple of long balls and then QB ran alot of keepers......Then the rest was Moorman..... QB to me for Franklin looked the best on the last drive in the game when they had a chance to win the game against Scott County when the QB had the quad recivers and sent them down field and that gave the QB a chance to run or pass...... Franklin ran the wildcat about 5 or 6 times......

Hurst, Gavin 7 for 11 108 yards passing....

Hurst, Gavin         11 rushes 53 1
Moorman, Kaden 15  rushes         46    0

Sorry Bull I’ve sat here and forgot about lunch today, no wonder food was on my mind so much
  • Bull got out!
Very interested in this matchup hope both teams have a safe healthy game
(08-30-2022, 03:49 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Such as you?

I’m always up to talking food, rather eat it but I can talk about it also…I like Malones occasionally not at all crazy about their prices but you at least know walking in the door the food is gonna be edible.  I’ve paid high prices before and food was some of the worst I’d ever put in my mouth….Imo it’s hard to beat good ole country cookin, I’d eat salmon patties, soup beans, fried taters, corn bread, etc every meal and never get sick of it

Right now is some of the best eating you’ll find around my house, new potatoes and greens beans, fried corn, garden fresh maters, fried corn bread, and a couple extra bottles of cholesterol medicine…

Try Marcella's at Mt. Vernon or Crowley's at Pine Knot.. I like salmon patties with biscuits and gravy.Remember I couildn't find a garden spot.  I finally got a small plot plowed on June 20th. My old heirloom corn is about 10 feet tall and getting ears on it already. I have a few beans and squashes, A couple watermelons and muskmelon vines are  loaded with blooms but no melons yet. I'm Grateful.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, Corbin
(08-30-2022, 10:18 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 12:33 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Such as you?

Try Marcella's at Mt. Vernon or Crowley's at Pine Knot.. I like salmon patties with biscuits and gravy.Remember I couildn't find a garden spot.  I finally got a small plot plowed on June 20th. My old heirloom corn is about 10 feet tall and getting ears on it already. I have a few beans and squashes, A couple watermelons and muskmelon vines are  loaded with blooms but no melons yet. I'm Grateful.

Yes sir I remember I hate you had so many problems trying to find a place…I don’t actually have a garden but I got a debit card and it tastes just as good when I don’t have to fool with it, I hope you have good luck with yours and the lord blesses it for you…
  • Bull got out!
Franklin county-28
Corbin-20
(08-31-2022, 10:11 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 12:42 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I went in there during Covid and they had the tents outside setup and it was nice for the time at hand.... I did see that ADKINS guy who ran for governor. But PJ, No one recognized me.... I was 12 time Nerf Basketball Champion in grade school.... Smile Funny thing is I worked on about everything down there and never paid much attention to that place but was invited to go and like TD said its high.... Im more of the fix it on my grill type dude....Eat cheap but good....

Yes sir I remember I hate you had so many problems trying to find a place…I don’t actually have a garden but I got a debit card and it tastes just as good when I don’t have to fool with it, I hope you have good luck with yours and the lord blesses it for you…

I don't think most of the stuff you buy with a debit card tastes as good as the heirlooms I grow, but definitely easier. I'm not able to grow all I want to grow  Smile . Have you been to Sergeant York's home place at Pall Mall,TN? They shared seeds of their old Tennessee heirloom corn called Looney Corn with me. I cant wait to harvest some and grind into cornmeal Smile
  • Bull got out!
(08-31-2022, 10:51 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 03:20 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Sorry for helping turn this into a food show, but we all gotta eat. lol. It isn't likely, but if you ever happen to see a cheap food truck or trailer that needs a little work, please let me know.

I don't think most of the stuff you buy with a debit card tastes as good as the heirlooms I grow, but definitely easier. I'm not able to grow all I want to grow  Smile . Have you been to Sergeant York's home place at Pall Mall,TN? They shared seeds of their old Tennessee heirloom corn called Looney Corn with me. I cant wait to harvest some and grind into cornmeal Smile

I’m hungry now…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • TD Hounds
(08-31-2022, 10:57 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 03:49 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: I’m always up to talking food, rather eat it but I can talk about it also…I like Malones occasionally not at all crazy about their prices but you at least know walking in the door the food is gonna be edible.  I’ve paid high prices before and food was some of the worst I’d ever put in my mouth….Imo it’s hard to beat good ole country cookin, I’d eat salmon patties, soup beans, fried taters, corn bread, etc every meal and never get sick of it

I’m hungry now…
When you go to Sergeant York's place be sure to go out the road to Albany, and eat at Hunter's Bar-b-q, or Farmhouse Restaurant at Byrdstown,TN. lol
Dang PJ... I eat alot when I do eat.....I don't know if I can eat 3 times in a roll.....Thats like getting Corbin not to run 3 run plays in a roll....
I can put away some Barbecue.... Old FCSPY fan will have to fill us in on some food in Franklin County area...Im sure he knows some good spots...
(08-31-2022, 10:57 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 03:49 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: I’m always up to talking food, rather eat it but I can talk about it also…I like Malones occasionally not at all crazy about their prices but you at least know walking in the door the food is gonna be edible.  I’ve paid high prices before and food was some of the worst I’d ever put in my mouth….Imo it’s hard to beat good ole country cookin, I’d eat salmon patties, soup beans, fried taters, corn bread, etc every meal and never get sick of it

I’m hungry now…

Big Grin  It took two days….

(08-30-2022, 03:20 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Sorry for helping turn this into a food show, but we all gotta eat. lol. It isn't likely, but if you ever happen to see a cheap food truck or trailer that needs a little work, please let me know.

Your making me hungry too and I actually remembered lunch today…
To me this team seems different than last year. You always lose talent , but replace with either more talent or more heart or none of the above.  I liked what I seen in the pikeville game , Whitley game was what it is. This team really plays together and is having fun. I’m hoping we come ready to play against Franklin. From what my son tells me , they are. It’s just my opinion though. Either way I look for the hounds to come out and be physical and come out with the win 24-14
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Bull got out!
To me this team seems different than last year. You always lose talent , but replace with either more talent or more heart or none of the above.  I liked what I seen in the pikeville game , Whitley game was what it is. This team really plays together and is having fun. I’m hoping we come ready to play against Franklin. From what my son tells me , they are. It’s just my opinion though. Either way I look for the hounds to come out and be physical and come out with the win 24-14
Corbin by a field goal, or XP...I think it will be a nail biter. If Franklin proves to be 2 or 3 scores better than Corbin then they are a real contender. I just feel Corbin is the real deal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes smoke1015's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(08-31-2022, 06:25 PM)smoke1015 Wrote: Corbin by a field goal, or XP...I think it will be a nail biter. If Franklin proves to be 2 or 3 scores better than Corbin then they are a real contender. I just feel Corbin is the real deal.

I think Corbin will cause Franklin County fans to bite their nails.
  • smoke1015
(08-31-2022, 09:59 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-31-2022, 06:25 PM)smoke1015 Wrote: Corbin by a field goal, or XP...I think it will be a nail biter. If Franklin proves to be 2 or 3 scores better than Corbin then they are a real contender. I just feel Corbin is the real deal.

I think Corbin will cause Franklin County fans to bite their nails.
Me too. So far Corbin is the best team I've saw in person. I don't even feel that was the best they will be at the Pikeville game. I know a few Corbin fans aren't sold yet, but man...that was a top notch team I watched.
I think this will be one of the top 5 games in the state this weekend. I had friends that went to the Corbin/Pikeville game and really talked the Redhounds up. My gut is just telling me Franklin for whatever reason. I just hope it's a great game and everyone comes out of this injury free.