Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
7 on 7 eku
anyone know the teams coming to Richmond this Saturday.   One of the football coaches told me today from EKU he thought it was like 83 teams and expecting like 20 thousand to attend
BALLARD
BARDSTOWN
BEREA
BOURBON CO
BOYLE
BREATHITT
BRYAN STATION
BULLIT EAST 1
BULLIT EAST 2
CABEL MIDLAND
CLAY CO
COLLINS
CORBIN
COV HOLMES
DANVILLE
EAST JESSAMINE
EMINENCE
ESTILL CO
EVANSVILLE NORTH
FERN CREK
FRED DOUGLASS
FRED DOUGLASS 2
GRC
GREAT CROSSING
HARLAN COUNTY
HARLAN IND
HARRISON
HAZARD
HENRY CLAY
HIGHLANDS 1
HIGHLANDS 2
HOPKINS CENTRAL
LAFAYETTE
LCA
LESLIE COUNTY
MAD CENTRAL 1
MAD CENTRAL 2
MAD SOUTHERN
MADISONVILLE N HOPKINS
MAGOFFIN CO
MALE 1
MALE 2
MASON 1
MASON 2
MIDDLESBORO
NEWPORT CATHOLIC
NORTH LAUREL
PADAUCAH
PIKEVILLE
PLD
PRP
PULASKI SW
RACELAND 1
RACELAND 2
ROCKCASTLE
ROWAN
RYLE 1
RYLE 2
SHELBY COUNTY
SHELBY VALLEY
SIMON KENTON
SOMERSET
SOUTH LAUREL
ST X 1
ST X 2
TATES CREEK
TRIGG COUNTY
WARREN EAST
WEST CARTER
WEST JESSAMINE
WESTERN HIGH (JEFFERSON)
WHITLEY COUNTY
Depending how they split their rosters, St.X and Male should be the championship game
I will be there to work it for the coaching staff at EKU should be some good action. Looking forward to it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Bull got out!
I thought it was a fun atmosphere when I was down there last year. Tons of people everywhere and football everywhere you look. Hardly any shade though, and take your chair.
Should see some unbelievable athletes here this weekend, following this event all these teams will go home and be in shells next week. Football is upon us ladies and gentleman. Really looking forward to see some improvement out of the the returning junior and senior QBs across the state.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
It’s going to be brutally hot that day.

Someone keep us updated on results.
I will be there late in the day. I understand that Paris is supposed to be there as well. At least that is what I was told. So if they show great if not ok too.
Did StX withdraw?
Go Colonels!
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(07-21-2022, 04:55 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: Did StX withdraw?

Saint Xavier withdrew because of the extreme heat in the forecast.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Real Badman's post:
  • GOREDDEVILS
(07-21-2022, 06:34 PM)Real Badman Wrote:
(07-21-2022, 04:55 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: Did StX withdraw?

Saint Xavier withdrew because of the extreme heat in the forecast.
I thought St X had kids that went one way and it shouldn’t have been a problem for them.
St. X = soft
Gonna be some good games. I enjoyed it last year. A lot of great competition.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mountain Monster's post:
  • Bull got out!
The place to be this weekend for football!
They are replacing roads here on campus.
Now that last years champion ST. X has withdrawn. Who is the favorite this year?
(07-22-2022, 01:23 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: St. X = soft

Mediocre at best
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • FootballFan1999, Gridiron_Raid
ST X has enough kids to field 2 full 7v7 teams without a single kid going both ways, but is worried about the heat. Soft environment to me. Some of the 1, 2, and 3As going are gonna have most guys going both ways. Most of the 4As too. I guess it’s just a different mentality for the prep kids than the public kids.

Is there any update on the colleges that will attend, I know the UT camp had multiple smaller level D1 and NAIA schools in attendance and kids were offered. I’ve never been to this but I was curious about if that happens in KY?
St X is not going to drive to Richmond and sit around waiting on heat index and games getting canceled. Waste of time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iam4thecats's post:
  • FCSPY
(07-22-2022, 02:14 PM)Iam4thecats Wrote: St X is not going to drive to Richmond and sit around waiting on heat index and games getting canceled. Waste of time.

Sounds kind of soft to me.
(07-22-2022, 02:39 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(07-22-2022, 02:14 PM)Iam4thecats Wrote: St X is not going to drive to Richmond and sit around waiting on heat index and games getting canceled. Waste of time.

Just proves you have no idea what it takes to win 6a, and no idea what soft is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iam4thecats's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
(07-22-2022, 12:35 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: ST X has enough kids to field 2 full 7v7 teams without a single kid going both ways, but is worried about the heat. Soft environment to me. Some of the 1, 2, and 3As going are gonna have most guys going both ways. Most of the 4As too. I guess it’s just a different mentality for the prep kids than the public kids.

Is there any update on the colleges that will attend, I know the UT camp had multiple smaller level D1 and NAIA schools in attendance and kids were offered. I’ve never been to this but I was curious about if that happens in KY?
Serious question- College Coaches really attend a two hand touch tournament?
(07-22-2022, 06:24 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(07-22-2022, 12:35 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: ST X has enough kids to field 2 full 7v7 teams without a single kid going both ways, but is worried about the heat. Soft environment to me. Some of the 1, 2, and 3As going are gonna have most guys going both ways. Most of the 4As too. I guess it’s just a different mentality for the prep kids than the public kids.

Serious question- College Coaches really attend a two hand touch tournament?
I seen multiple kids offered across the state line at things like this. Yes i agree it’s a two hand touch thing, but it’s an opportunity to see speed and quickness for these skill positions that maybe don’t get as many touches in games. Then the lineman challenge part will be just like a camp setting i heard. Recruiters in TN used it as a  recruiting camp just like any other since it’s not a “direct contact at home visit”. Plus when else would they see so many of the states best athletes all at one place. If i was in Naia, i would attend.
(07-22-2022, 06:10 PM)Iam4thecats Wrote:

It’s hard to read your reply over your mountain of charmin.
(07-22-2022, 10:43 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: The place to be this weekend for football!
Always lots of great athletes and good to get to see so many top teams at one place.
(07-22-2022, 07:29 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:

Always makes me laugh when teams duck competition and then play the “heat index” or the “7 on 7 doesn’t matter” cards
(07-23-2022, 08:11 AM)Ned Gremlin Wrote:

Always makes me laugh when teams duck competition and then play the “heat index” or the “7 on 7 doesn’t matter” cards
It might be hard to comprehend for people who have never done anything.  St.X won 6a last year. Wallace now has 6 rings. He knows what hes doing. Reading comprehension can be tough too. I never said 7-7 doesn't matter. THIS one doesn't matter.
Pikeville tied Warren East then beat Holmes and a good Bardstown squad to win their pool.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(07-23-2022, 12:01 PM)Iam4thecats Wrote:
(07-23-2022, 08:11 AM)Ned Gremlin Wrote:
(07-22-2022, 02:39 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Sounds kind of soft to me.

It might be hard to comprehend for people who have never done anything.  St.X won 6a last year. Wallace now has 6 rings. He knows what hes doing. Reading comprehension can be tough too. I never said 7-7 doesn't matter. THIS one doesn't matter.

Has St X won the 2022 championship?? Sounds like a pretty soft reply to me.