Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 2022
Does clay county return #22? The kid was small but packed a hell of a punch from the film i seen.
How many players went from to Clay to North Laurel or other schools and were they guys that may have contributed this coming year on Friday night?
(07-08-2022, 12:32 AM)fansville Wrote: How many players went from to Clay to North Laurel or other schools and were they guys that may have contributed this coming year on Friday night?

To the best of my knowledge only one that saw the field or would see the field in varsity action. He's a good kid and a really good player when healthy. Solid pickup for north! I'm not sure if he ever played on the defensive side of the ball though and that's where clay needs to improve.
(07-08-2022, 08:43 AM)FallRock Wrote:
(07-08-2022, 12:32 AM)fansville Wrote: How many players went from to Clay to North Laurel or other schools and were they guys that may have contributed this coming year on Friday night?

To the best of my knowledge only one that saw the field or would see the field in varsity action. He's a good kid and a really good player when healthy. Solid pickup for north! I'm not sure if he ever played on the defensive side of the ball though and that's where clay needs to improve.

Andrew who transferred to North Laurel is probably one of the best linemen in the state for his position. He played defense but wasn’t used on defense last year. He can play anywhere on both sides of the ball. I’d like to have 6 or 7 more like him. Watching his film, he dominated his side of the ball. He is only a JR.
(07-08-2022, 10:32 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(07-08-2022, 08:43 AM)FallRock Wrote:

Andrew who transferred to North Laurel is probably one of the best linemen in the state for his position. He played defense but wasn’t used on defense last year. He can play anywhere on both sides of the ball. I’d like to have 6 or 7 more like him. Watching his film, he dominated his side of the ball. He is only a JR.
That sounds like a bigger loss than explained earlier. Clay had athletes all over the field last year and i always hate the idea a kid would move for political reasons or anything close to that. Was this a move for his better interest in sports due to an Ahole coach or?
Family moved. No issues. They just relocated, that’s all.
Major blow to Clay's offensive line. Clay will be 3A or 2A in the very near future IMO. Not many jobs other than the school system or prison so the decline will probably continue. Not sure what the answer is at Clay but sports are on a steady decline and there's really nothing that can be done.
(07-11-2022, 11:02 AM)nedreader Wrote: Major blow to Clay's offensive line.  Clay will be 3A or 2A in the very near future IMO.  Not many jobs other than the school system or prison so the decline will probably continue.  Not sure what the answer is at Clay but sports are on a steady decline and there's really nothing that can be done.

I'm going to have to disagree with nothing can be done, but thats another topic. I do hope for Clay Countys sake that in this new alignment they get moved to a 3A or 2A. But Boyle has less kids than Clay County. Boyle can drop as well. Sad but true.
(07-11-2022, 12:28 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I'm going to have to disagree with nothing can be done, but thats another topic. I do hope for Clay Countys sake that in this new alignment they get moved to a 3A or 2A. But Boyle has less kids than Clay County. Boyle can drop as well. Sad but true.

You speak as if football in Clay hasn’t been as good as anybody in that district not named Johnson Central the past couple seasons. They have wins over every other team in that district the past few seasons. All factual evidence points to them holding their own, even with a much smaller enrollment number. Been one of the winningest teams in that area also the past couple years.
(07-11-2022, 01:43 PM)Hogsnot Wrote:
(07-11-2022, 12:28 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I'm going to have to disagree with nothing can be done, but thats another topic. I do hope for Clay Countys sake that in this new alignment they get moved to a 3A or 2A. But Boyle has less kids than Clay County. Boyle can drop as well. Sad but true.

You speak as if football in Clay hasn’t been as good as anybody in that district not named Johnson Central the past couple seasons. They have wins over every other team in that district the past few seasons. All factual evidence points to them holding their own, even with a much smaller enrollment number. Been one of the winningest teams in that area also the past couple years.

Snap back to reality. Clay County is mediocre at best.
(07-11-2022, 02:16 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

That safely describes between 95 and 99% of the teams in SEKY. Lol
Football in Clay County has turned around for the better in recent years with no sign of slowing down. Anybody that chooses to argue anything different simply hasn’t paid attention or has something personal against the program/system.

2011-2018 (8 seasons)  - 14 - 72
2019-2021 (>3 seasons)  - 16 - 13
It sucks to suck unfortunately.

Don't put words in my mouth..... I wish nothing but the best for Clay County and yes, they need to drop to 3A where they should be based on there enrollment decline. Anyone who knows football would agree.

I didn’t take Bull’s comment as any kind of negativity against Clay, what he’s saying is true…In a 3A district Clay has the potential to possibly compete for a district title, maybe make it to a regional finals eventually.  4A is a loaded class even to make it to the region championship would take some vast improvements for Clay.  Clay in 3A could bring them the success they need to strengthen the program, keep kids interested and keep building.  I like what Coach Sizemore has been doing but I’d say even he would agree dropping to 3A does nothing but help.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
Clay County definitely needs to drop to 3A, as long as they don’t get another juggernaut like Johnson Central (not sure what you do with teams like that. The others just can’t compete). As someone mentioned above, there’s a group of 3A teams in the area that could make the Tigers very competitive with and it would pay dividends on positivity with the program and community down the road. As more and more people decide that moving to Laurel County is the cool thing to do (from all surrounding counties) [not a shot at any specific kid, it’s just reality for SEKY], places like Clay have to maximize what they have.
Just remember that when you talk about getting better your opponents are listening. Teams will no longer overlook you and teams who are usually down will no longer schedule you. You can just talk so much, eventually you have to PLAY.
(07-11-2022, 02:20 PM)Hogsnot Wrote:
(07-11-2022, 02:16 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

That safely describes between 95 and 99% of the teams in SEKY. Lol

You know I can't disagree. lol
Does anyone know what Clay’s 10th game will be? Unless I’m looking at it wrong, I only see 9.
(07-11-2022, 11:31 PM)BUFFALO Wrote: Just remember that when you talk about getting better your opponents are listening. Teams will no longer overlook you and teams who are usually down will no longer schedule you. You can just talk so much, eventually you have to PLAY.

Who do you want them to play so bad? Besides maybe one team, who are they playing that they shouldn’t be?
I don't think anyone would disagree that clay dropping to 3A would be a good thing. its people like the whitley county fans calling clay mediocre that's funny, if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black. Whitley would be dead last in clays district and the fact that clay won more football games than basketball games last year tells you their headed in a good direction. You do have to PLAY the games and clay was won more than they've lost recently. Their as good as knox, bell, perry c, harlan co, and some other "football schools" and that's something that has never been said in the past. As far as schedule I'd like to see Bell and Rockcastle back on there as a measuring stick for the tigers.
(07-12-2022, 08:03 AM)FallRock Wrote: I don't think anyone would disagree that clay dropping to 3A would be a good thing. its people like the whitley county fans calling clay mediocre that's funny, if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black. Whitley would be dead last in clays district and the fact that clay won more football games than basketball games last year tells you their headed in a good direction. You do have to PLAY the games and clay was won more than they've lost recently. Their as good as knox, bell, perry c, harlan co, and some other "football schools" and that's something that has never been said in the past. As far as schedule I'd like to see Bell and Rockcastle back on there as a measuring stick for the tigers.

I would take Bell County out, because Dudley wont show any mercy on Clay. I do remember Sizemores introduction to Log Mountain, Dudley put 72 on the board. 

Oct 30, 2003 Bell County 67 Clay County 14
Oct 29, 2004 Bell County 63 Clay County 14
Oct 28, 2005 Bell County 48 Clay County 20
Oct 27, 2006 Bell County 35 Clay County 7
Oct 7, 2011 Bell County 41 Clay County 0
Oct 5, 2012 Bell County 39 Clay County 0
Oct 6, 2017 Bell County 41 Clay County 21
Oct 5, 2018 Bell County 72 Clay County 14

I wouldn't dare say I was as good as Bell County untill I at least had 1 win.
I don't understand how games from 4 + years ago have anything to do with now. Or how kids that weren't even playing on either team has anything to do with then. London Stephney ain't walking through that door, bell is very beatable. This is very simple, look all you got to do is look at what each team returns from last year, and then in your mind pit each team against each other based on the players that ACUALLY are going to play in this hypothetical game and then base that on who you would think would win this year. (Time machines/24 year old adults are illegal and cannot participate using this method)

Johnson Central 28 Corbin 14 in 2020
Johnson Central 34 Corbin 13 in 2021
But I remember you all predicting big Corbin wins in both, I guess Corbin needs to beat them once.
(07-12-2022, 09:48 AM)FallRock Wrote: I don't understand how games from 4 + years ago have anything to do with now. Or how kids that weren't even playing on either team has anything to do with then. London Stephney ain't walking through that door, bell is very beatable. This is very simple, look all you got to do is look at what each team returns from last year, and then in your mind pit each team against each other based on the players that ACUALLY are going to play in this hypothetical game and then base that on who you would think would win this year. (Time machines/24 year old adults are illegal and cannot participate using this method)

I don't see the current Clay County team playing within 4 touchdowns of any of the last 2 or 3 years Bell County teams after London Stephaney. But I definately would like to see Bell on that schedule. More of a mountain football type feeling.
(07-12-2022, 08:52 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I wouldn't dare say I was as good as Bell County untill I at least had 1 win.

You say you guys are better than Johnson Central and don’t have at least 1 win… no difference.
(07-12-2022, 10:14 AM)Hogsnot Wrote:
(07-12-2022, 08:52 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I wouldn't dare say I was as good as Bell County untill I at least had 1 win.

You say you guys are better than Johnson Central and don’t have at least 1 win… no difference.

We played, you guys replaced Bell with Lynn Camp, big difference too.
(07-12-2022, 10:13 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I don't see the current Clay County team playing within 4 touchdowns of any of the last 2 or 3 years Bell County teams after London Stephaney. But I definately would like to see Bell on that schedule. More of a mountain football type feeling.

How did Whitley, Knox, and Garrard play them closer than 4 scores last year? Clay was 100% on par with those schools last year and they all played Bell within 14 points.
No one is saying Clay County is going to go out and win a state championship but to get on here and act like they haven't improved or been on par with surrounding schools is just foolish or someone harboring a personal vendetta. Scheduling Lynn camp when they did was a common sense move at the time both schools were similar and Lynn Camp was actually playing pretty good football a couple of seasons ago, it really isn't Clays fault that another school has fell on hard times. It wasn't that long ago Clay was in the same boat. Going forward I'm sure that game wont happen. In high school sports there are these things called contracts that have to be honored and you cant just drop a team every year. Corbin has never scheduled JC they've had to play them through the playoffs and that didn't fair too well for the redhounds. Corbin Should pick up Letcher Central or Johnson Central and drop easy wins like Somerset and Whitley Co.
(07-12-2022, 10:26 AM)Hogsnot Wrote:
(07-12-2022, 10:13 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I don't see the current Clay County team playing within 4 touchdowns of any of the last 2 or 3 years Bell County teams after London Stephaney. But I definately would like to see Bell on that schedule. More of a mountain football type feeling.

How did Whitley, Knox, and Garrard play them closer than 4 scores last year? Clay was 100% on par with those schools last year and they all played Bell within 14 points.

I looked at it briefly, and surprisingly Garrard did play Bell closer than I would have expected after Bell came off the key win over Rock and probably was on a high, which is a good time to overlook a opponent. I will agree they might have in the first part of the season played a little closer than 4 tds but not any close than 2 IMO. But later in the season, I don't see it any closer than what I said which is 4 TDs.
so you're saying it would have been like 34-13? Smile