•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ashland self-reports possible recruiting violation to the KHSAA
(06-13-2022, 07:44 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 10:43 AM)plantmanky Wrote: KHSAA should suspend the player in questions HS eligibility (all 4 years) if its true the parent baited the coach.
Sure let’s punish the kid. It’s all that 8th graders fault. Get real

I would love to see Assland get caught up in everything they’ve done illegally. In this case it seems the parent went looking for trouble. The people on here crying about Assland cheating probably has kids playing at Boyd and can’t handle the fact that they will never win the district

You mean as long as Coach Mays is at Ashland?
0-12 the last 3 years and that number will grow this year also.
(06-11-2022, 10:43 AM)plantmanky Wrote: KHSAA should suspend the player in questions HS eligibility (all 4 years) if its true the parent baited the coach.

Absolutely punish the kid, you cant punish the parent.  Do it one time, I bet this stupid stuff stops real quick.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • Ky1976

I would love to see Assland get caught up in everything they’ve done illegally. In this case it seems the parent went looking for trouble. The people on here crying about Assland cheating probably has kids playing at Boyd and can’t handle the fact that they will never win the district
I prefer that everyone play by the rules and wished no team be forced to basically shutdown because they do things the right way.  That being said there are consequences for cheating and if true then the penalty should be very, very harsh.
(06-13-2022, 11:50 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:

I prefer that everyone play by the rules and wished no team be forced to basically shutdown because they do things the right way.  That being said there are consequences for cheating and if true then the penalty should be very, very harsh.
Does this apply to the Boyd boys and girls teams as well?   Boys with illegal players on the roster and girls for recruiting.  Penalty should be very very harsh!  Right?
(06-14-2022, 01:09 AM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:

Does this apply to the Boyd boys and girls teams as well?   Boys with illegal players on the roster and girls for recruiting.  Penalty should be very very harsh!  Right?
Absolutely.

(06-14-2022, 07:54 AM)SocratesKy Wrote:

Absolutely.
If recruiting is not legal then it’s not legal, regardless if another team is perceived to do it.  When caught the punishment in this case I believe will be very severe given success resulting from this activity.  All schools either will be able to recruit or no they can’t.  The varying extent teams go to recruit (based on risk appetite) unbalanced the equality of the playing field.  The more resulting success and higher degree of recruiting will result in much harsher penalty.

Absolutely.

(06-13-2022, 07:44 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Sure let’s punish the kid. It’s all that 8th graders fault. Get real

Absolutely.
If recruiting is not legal then it’s not legal, regardless if another team is perceived to do it.  When caught the punishment in this case I believe will be very severe given success resulting from this activity.  All schools either will be able to recruit or no they can’t.  The varying extent teams go to recruit (based on risk appetite) unbalanced the equality of the playing field.  The more resulting success and higher degree of recruiting will result in much harsher penalty.
I agree with you except for the highlighted above.  The amount of success absolutely has nothing to do with it.  You did it or you didn’t.  Just because a recruit or illegal player doesn’t work out like they hoped, doesn’t lessen the violation.  
The fact that Boyd has done it for the last 3 years (that I know of) and continue to sling stones over the fence blows my mind.  It must just be really hitting home that they can’t even break the rules and win.  

Recording a conversation of another man and trying to trap him is an all time low.  Shows that guy’s character. 
If he only done it to “protect his son” then why did he release it. There is no attack or question about his boy. Keep it on his phone if something were to be said. Ashland did not say anything about the player involved.  That is why it was a deliberate attempt to try and take a shot at Mays and Ashland. 

Where are the Boyd Co. Supporters now trying to prove me wrong on these allegations?  They can’t say anything to prove this is not correct because I know the 3 parties that I mentioned in my previous post.  Boyd broke the rules and and continue to point the finger at Ashland… Hypocrisy at its finest.  Smh!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Appalachian Cat's post:
  • Ky1976
(06-14-2022, 09:08 AM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:
(06-13-2022, 07:44 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Sure let’s punish the kid. It’s all that 8th graders fault. Get real

Absolutely.

(06-13-2022, 11:50 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: I prefer that everyone play by the rules and wished no team be forced to basically shutdown because they do things the right way.  That being said there are consequences for cheating and if true then the penalty should be very, very harsh.
Absolutely.
I agree with you except for the highlighted above.  The amount of success absolutely has nothing to do with it.  You did it or you didn’t.  Just because a recruit or illegal player doesn’t work out like they hoped, doesn’t lessen the violation.  
The fact that Boyd has done it for the last 3 years (that I know of) and continue to sling stones over the fence blows my mind.  It must just be really hitting home that they can’t even break the rules and win.  

Recording a conversation of another man and trying to trap him is an all time low.  Shows that guy’s character. 
If he only done it to “protect his son” then why did he release it. There is no attack or question about his boy. Keep it on his phone if something were to be said. Ashland did not say anything about the player involved.  That is why it was a deliberate attempt to try and take a shot at Mays and Ashland. 

Where are the Boyd Co. Supporters now trying to prove me wrong on these allegations?  They can’t say anything to prove this is not correct because I know the 3 parties that I mentioned in my previous post.  Boyd broke the rules and and continue to point the finger at Ashland… Hypocrisy at its finest.  Smh!
Whether or not you or I agree, the amount of success achieved by breaking the rules greatly impacts the severity of the punishment by KHSAA enforcement.
(06-14-2022, 09:18 AM)SocratesKy Wrote:
(06-13-2022, 11:50 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: I prefer that everyone play by the rules and wished no team be forced to basically shutdown because they do things the right way.  That being said there are consequences for cheating and if true then the penalty should be very, very harsh.
Absolutely.

(06-14-2022, 01:09 AM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: Does this apply to the Boyd boys and girls teams as well?   Boys with illegal players on the roster and girls for recruiting.  Penalty should be very very harsh!  Right?
Absolutely.

Whether or not you or I agree, the amount of success achieved by breaking the rules greatly impacts the severity of the punishment by KHSAA enforcement.
Your thoughts on Boyd?  You seem to be close to them and know my statements (facts) are true.  Should they go unnoticed or harshly punished? Maybe someone should try and record them!  Lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Appalachian Cat's post:
  • Ky1976
(06-14-2022, 10:23 AM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:
(06-14-2022, 01:09 AM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: Does this apply to the Boyd boys and girls teams as well?   Boys with illegal players on the roster and girls for recruiting.  Penalty should be very very harsh!  Right?
Absolutely.

(06-14-2022, 07:54 AM)SocratesKy Wrote: Absolutely.

Your thoughts on Boyd?  You seem to be close to them and know my statements (facts) are true.  Should they go unnoticed or harshly punished? Maybe someone should try and record them!  Lol
If Boyd is cheating then they should be punished appropriately as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SocratesKy's post:
  • Appalachian Cat
All coaches will answer the phone when it rings. All coaches will listen to a dad when they call regardless if player plays for an opponent especially the 2 teams mentioned because they live in same county and try to be friends to a degree. What don’t happen and this is the first for me to hear is a dad from Boyd recording a phone conversation with Coach in same district whom has beaten Boyd the last 12x they have played. I promise you this the said child that’s father has done this will have a very hard time playing after hs because of said father. No college coach will want this in the program they represent.
(06-14-2022, 01:39 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: All coaches will answer the phone when it rings.  All coaches will listen to a dad when they call regardless if player plays for an opponent especially the 2 teams mentioned because they live in same county and try to be friends to a degree.  What don’t happen and this is the first for me to hear is a dad from Boyd recording a phone conversation with Coach in same district whom has beaten Boyd the last 12x they have played.  I promise you this the said child that’s  father has done this will have a very hard time playing after hs because of said father.  No college coach will want this in the program they represent.

Who called who or how the coach arraigned or had the call scheduled is irrelevant.  It does not happen with many programs as much as you try to water down the issue.
It does happen. If you think that Coach A hasn’t taken a phone call from a 8th grade players dad that does not go to Boyd you are some kinda idiot. This is water under the bridge and nothing is going to come out of it.
(06-14-2022, 03:50 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: It does happen.  If you think that Coach A hasn’t taken a phone call from a 8th grade players dad that does not go to Boyd you are some kinda idiot.  This is water under the bridge and nothing is going to come out of it.
Not to the extent Ashland does.
So is Ashland the only school that should be punished by doing this according to your post above. I’m telling you first hand coach Randy Anderson has spoken on the phone with an 8th grader before, but the difference is dad didn’t record conversation.
Is there an Ashland insider that would want to hop on a podcast and talk this over with me for folks?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(06-14-2022, 10:58 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: So is Ashland the only school that should be punished by doing this according to your post above.  I’m telling you first hand coach Randy Anderson has spoken on the phone with an 8th grader before, but the difference is dad didn’t record conversation.
The difference is you are a random Ashland dude on the internet making an accusation in a post in an internet forum while Ashland is on a recording that can be played over and over.  Which is more believable?
Ok. You are entitled to believe that this is some random Ashland dude. That’s wrong though. Both are believable if you would get your head out of the sand. This happens more so than not. If you are so close to Coach Randy Anderson just ask him. He is a believer he wouldn’t LIE.
Absolutely.

Absolutely.

(06-14-2022, 10:39 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:
(06-14-2022, 03:50 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: It does happen.  If you think that Coach A hasn’t taken a phone call from a 8th grade players dad that does not go to Boyd you are some kinda idiot.  This is water under the bridge and nothing is going to come out of it.
Not to the extent Ashland does.
You keep repeating this same comment in many of your post but facts don’t prove your accusations. In Mays’ four completed years at Ashland he has had 4 transfers total, an average of one per year. Your comment makes it appear that he is rolling in multiple transfers every year. That’s simply not true. I don’t know the statewide statistics on it but I would imagine that for many programs 1 transfer average per year is not out of the normal. And by far the majority of all transfers into any school district are not “recruited” but come on their own for what they and their parents may deem as better opportunities for academics and athletics, or possibly job opportunities for parents. In other words, the success of a program, school and community does the so called “recruiting” for them. These situations are not always as nefarious as some want to make it sound. 
As for the phone call to the coach from the parent, it was probably not the best decision by Mays to have a conversation with the guy, but he was a parent of an 8th grader who was interested in transferring somewhere and I doubt if there’s many coaches in the state that wouldn’t have spoken to the fellow, particularly when the KHSAA at the time did not have any rule or bylaw for anyone below 9th grade with its transfer policies. I suppose the issue for which Ashland has suspended him a few games is mainly to drive a point to not do the same thing again, if a parent calls refer them to see the principal or main office personnel, which it’s my understanding that he did do that very thing, but then also had the over 30 minute conversation. 
The Ashland administrators didn’t have to do anything but they chose to self-report the call and suspend the coach a few games. However,  that is an in-house decision and was their option. In my opinion this is over and done with. Mays is coaching camps and has just finished a weekend as an assistant coach for the Kentucky All Star team. He and Ashland are moving forward.
[-] The following 2 users Like LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • Appalachian Cat, Ky1976
The dad called and recorded ashland.
The dad called GRC and to my knowledge I believe they had like 5-7 transfers on the team that was state champions. This is nothing more than a father, or someone very close to the kid and he is butt hurt at ashland.
(06-15-2022, 10:54 AM)Ky1976 Wrote: The dad called and recorded ashland.
The dad called GRC and to my knowledge I believe they had like 5-7 transfers on the  team that was state champions.  This is nothing more than a father, or someone very close to the kid and he is butt hurt at ashland.

insert ^ "back after Coach Mays called him initially" 

Wonder what Coach Mays wanted?
Obviously not this kid,  or we wouldn’t have a disgruntled parent.  ?
(06-16-2022, 06:33 AM)Ky1976 Wrote: Obviously not this kid,  or we wouldn’t have a disgruntled parent.  ?
Wait till you hear the tape  Smile
(06-15-2022, 11:34 PM)Fanman Wrote:
The dad called GRC and to my knowledge I believe they had like 5-7 transfers on the  team that was state champions.  This is nothing more than a father, or someone very close to the kid and he is butt hurt at ashland.

That is not true FanMan. Mays was on vacation with family and received a phone call from the guy.
(06-16-2022, 09:19 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:

That is not true FanMan. Mays was on vacation with family and received a phone call from the guy.

A call back
(06-16-2022, 10:20 AM)Fanman Wrote:

A call back

And now the details are starting to spill out…hopefully not long now before recording is available to hear

A call back

(06-16-2022, 04:54 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:

A call back

And now the details are starting to spill out…hopefully not long now before recording is available to hear
Lol.
Whatever dude! Believe what you want it to be instead of how it is .This story has ran its course on here imo and is basically history. Time to get on with the rest of the summer and prepare for the upcoming season.
Have a good one. I’m finished with this topic. To continue to go back and forth with you fellows is giving you a false feeling of legitimacy and keeps a nonsense story active. It’s time to deactivate and get back to reality.
(06-16-2022, 05:57 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:

A call back

(06-15-2022, 11:34 PM)Fanman Wrote: insert ^ "back after Coach Mays called him initially" 

A call back

Lol.
Whatever dude! Believe what you want it to be instead of how it is .This story has ran its course on here imo and is basically history. Time to get on with the rest of the summer and prepare for the upcoming season.
Have a good one. I’m finished with this topic. To continue to go back and forth with you fellows is giving you a false feeling of legitimacy and keeps a nonsense story active. It’s time to deactivate and get back to reality.

See ya.

A call back

(06-15-2022, 11:34 PM)Fanman Wrote: insert ^ "back after Coach Mays called him initially" 

A call back

Lol.

I believe this is far from over.  You can’t have the level of success Ashland has had over the last few years that has depended on what appears to be disregard for rules and “just move on”.  That would never happen, as it would change the landscape of Kentucky high school basketball - Ramped recruiting, even recruiting coordinators, etc.  In addition, it won’t be over until the recording hasn’t been released, KHSAA hasn’t rules on enforcement, and the enforcement has been applied (all three).  Outside of the one implicated, I’m curious to see if the school administration has any recourse?
(06-18-2022, 10:32 AM)SocratesKy Wrote:

A call back

(06-16-2022, 09:19 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: That is not true FanMan. Mays was on vacation with family and received a phone call from the guy.

A call back

Lol.

I believe this is far from over.  You can’t have the level of success Ashland has had over the last few years that has depended on what appears to be disregard for rules and “just move on”.  That would never happen, as it would change the landscape of Kentucky high school basketball - Ramped recruiting, even recruiting coordinators, etc.  In addition, it won’t be over until the recording hasn’t been released, KHSAA hasn’t rules on enforcement, and the enforcement has been applied (all three).  Outside of the one implicated, I’m curious to see if the school administration has any recourse?

Also, curious to know if it was a call back?  Not that it matters is ho called who but it sounds like those Ashlanders use that as an excuse as lame as that is.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next