Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Perry Co Central beat Letcher Co Central this season?
Can Perry get over the speed bump and beat the Cougars next season?
I doubt it but I don’t know what each team lost last year
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I think both teams lost some ver my important pieces , but I think perry has done a better job replacing those kids, I think this will be the year Perry will have a shot at beating them, but still gonna be tough!
Both teams are mediocre at best.
I watched film on both these teams during last season. The Perry game for a half vs Jc was impressive. Letcher definitely was able to move the ball on JC and did it in two games. I saw bright spots for both these teams. I haven't studied up enough to make a prediction but just under an assumption that the Perry program is just now with the coaching change getting its footing under them and should start to bloom a little more season by season.  Letcher was better than what I gave them credit for as well and like a comment above said, replacing players is the key and whomever can do that will be more efficient. At least it is going to make for a good game sounds like.
Mark has a good thing going, got to give him props. Him and all his coaches work hard every day. They have a massive Oline. Slone has 2 or 3 years QB experience. Will they ever find a true North to South RB to run behind that Oline? Finesse and great vision will only get you so far. McKenzie gone and so is Eldridge. Maybe the Combs kid has power.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Bull got out!
(05-18-2022, 10:16 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Mark has a good thing going, got to give him props.  Him and all his coaches work hard every day.  They have a massive Oline.  Slone has 2 or 3 years QB experience.  Will they ever find a true North to South RB to run behind that Oline?  Finesse and great vision will only get you so far.  McKenzie gone and so is Eldridge.  Maybe the Combs kid has power.
I for one am excited to just watch some football.  And I agree Dixon has it going on the right direction, adding Slone and combs from knott is gonna be interesting, yea I know they were both top 10 in state last season passing and recieving, but remember it was at Knott, so it’ll be interesting to see how they perform on a higher level..
(05-18-2022, 10:21 AM)Show-stopper Wrote:
(05-18-2022, 10:16 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Mark has a good thing going, got to give him props.  Him and all his coaches work hard every day.  They have a massive Oline.  Slone has 2 or 3 years QB experience.  Will they ever find a true North to South RB to run behind that Oline?  Finesse and great vision will only get you so far.  McKenzie gone and so is Eldridge.  Maybe the Combs kid has power.
I for one am excited to just watch some football.  And I agree Dixon has it going on the right direction, adding Slone and combs from knott is gonna be interesting, yea I know they were both top 10 in state last season passing and recieving, but remember it was at Knott, so it’ll be interesting to see how they perform on a higher level..

I thought the receiver went to Hazard?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
A Mark Dixon coached team always has a shot to beat anyone.
(05-18-2022, 10:49 AM)king360 Wrote: A Mark Dixon coached team always has a shot to beat anyone.
True story.
(05-18-2022, 10:39 AM)Spud6 Wrote:

Smith went to hazard.  Combs went to Perry
(05-18-2022, 11:04 AM)Show-stopper Wrote:
(05-18-2022, 10:39 AM)Spud6 Wrote:

Smith went to hazard.  Combs went to Perry

Got it. Thanks
#BBFL
(05-18-2022, 10:49 AM)king360 Wrote: A Mark Dixon coached team always has a shot to beat anyone.
The questions are,  did they upgrade at QB, is Slone better then McKenzie, can combs come in and take over where Cade  Miller left off, who will step up in kobee Eldridge spot? Will the Offensive line allow Slone time to see the field, and make the right reads, will Elijah hold up at RB, those are some big question marks.   If the answer to those questions are no, then coach Dixon or no one else is beating letcher with this roster lol.  Guess we will see!
(05-17-2022, 07:07 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Can Perry get over the speed bump and beat the Cougars next season?
No
(05-18-2022, 09:45 PM)Show-stopper Wrote:
The questions are,  did they upgrade at QB, is Slone better then McKenzie, can combs come in and take over where Cade  Miller left off, who will step up in kobee Eldridge spot? Will the Offensive line allow Slone time to see the field, and make the right reads, will Elijah hold up at RB, those are some big question marks.   If the answer to those questions are no, then coach Dixon or no one else is beating letcher with this roster lol.  Guess we will see!

it doesn't take much to beat a weak Letcher team Smile
(05-19-2022, 07:08 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

They not weak lol
After losing Carson Adams, I think Perry puts running clock on them.
(05-19-2022, 07:54 PM)Show-stopper Wrote:

They not weak lol
Just trying to talk about your lowly Cougars to wind you up a little. lol
(05-20-2022, 02:09 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

They not weak lol
Lol I know what you mean. But I’m not a letcher guy, actually hoping this is the year they can really get going, possibly beat Letcher and maybe score on Johnson central? Lol may ne wishful thinking but I really think coach Dixon has the pieces to surprise some people.
(05-20-2022, 12:10 PM)Show-stopper Wrote:
(05-18-2022, 09:45 PM)Show-stopper Wrote: The questions are,  did they upgrade at QB, is Slone better then McKenzie, can combs come in and take over where Cade  Miller left off, who will step up in kobee Eldridge spot? Will the Offensive line allow Slone time to see the field, and make the right reads, will Elijah hold up at RB, those are some big question marks.   If the answer to those questions are no, then coach Dixon or no one else is beating letcher with this roster lol.  Guess we will see!

They not weak lol
Lol I know what you mean. But I’m not a letcher guy, actually hoping this is the year they can really get going, possibly beat Letcher and maybe score on Johnson central? Lol may ne wishful thinking but I really think coach Dixon has the pieces to surprise some people.
He's a good coach for sure
(05-20-2022, 12:32 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(05-20-2022, 12:10 PM)Show-stopper Wrote:
(05-19-2022, 07:08 AM)pjdoug Wrote: it doesn't take much to beat a weak Letcher team Smile
They not weak lol
He's a good coach for sure
Yea he’s one of the best around.  I just worry that losing McKenzie, Miller and Eldridge might be too much to replace .. I’ve heard good things about those transfers, but I am going to wait and see how it plays out before I say too much about it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Show-stopper's post:
  • pjdoug
With Dixon at the helm, Perry is only going to get better. Hopefully, the administration will invest more in the football program, because Perry has always had the potential to be a very good football program. I don't know how the QB from Knott will fit in with the offense, but he has talent. I think Perry takes a step in the right direction this year, and if they don't challenge Letcher this year, they will in the near future.
(05-23-2022, 07:39 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote: With Dixon at the helm, Perry is only going to get better. Hopefully, the administration will invest more in the football program, because Perry has always had the potential to be a very good football program. I don't know how the QB from Knott will fit in with the offense, but he has talent. I think Perry takes a step in the right direction this year, and if they don't challenge Letcher this year, they will in the near future.
Coach Dixon is a good coach for sure. Kids seem to respect him very well and he seems to run a good program. The biggest take away from them that I saw last year was their offensive play calling. Coach Fugate’s offensive scheme was so predictable last year and years past. Don’t know how the transfers will fit in but I think for them to take a big step forward their offensive strategy and coaching has to change some.
(05-23-2022, 10:27 AM)Rookieoftheyear Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 07:39 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote: With Dixon at the helm, Perry is only going to get better. Hopefully, the administration will invest more in the football program, because Perry has always had the potential to be a very good football program. I don't know how the QB from Knott will fit in with the offense, but he has talent. I think Perry takes a step in the right direction this year, and if they don't challenge Letcher this year, they will in the near future.
Coach Dixon is a good coach for sure. Kids seem to respect him very well and he seems to run a good program. The biggest take away from them that I saw last year was their offensive play calling. Coach Fugate’s offensive scheme was so predictable last year and years past. Don’t know how the transfers will fit in but I think for them to take a big step forward their offensive strategy and coaching has to change some.
I agree. Play calling is gonna be the key, and then obviously having the players that can execute, it will all start at QB, like I said before if Slone can control the game with his arm and also be a threat to run the football , they can be good, but if he struggles at QB, it will be a long long season for the Dores.
Perry gonna have to find them a bigger more athletic QB if they gonna take McKenzies place at the table. 6’2-180 just don’t cut it. Need 6’1-270 guy to make that O roll.
(05-23-2022, 04:12 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Perry gonna have to find them a bigger more athletic QB if they gonna take McKenzies place at the table. 6’2-180 just don’t cut it.  Need 6’1-270 guy to make that O roll.
6’2 180?
Sarcasm Show.
it feels like no matter the year there’s a lot of talk out of perry county to be good. This year sounds promising with the knott transfers but i watched knott win 2 games last year against east ridge, horrendous, and bath county, also not very good, and get ran off the field everywhere else. Letcher brings tough dudes on the field year after year and finds ways to win games. I don’t see this worthy of a thread really. Letcher wins.
(05-24-2022, 01:58 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: it feels like no matter the year there’s a lot of talk out of perry county to be good. This year sounds promising with the knott transfers but i watched knott win 2 games last year against east ridge, horrendous, and bath county, also not very good, and get ran off the field everywhere else. Letcher brings tough dudes on the field year after year and finds ways to win games. I don’t see this worthy of a thread really. Letcher wins.
Yea that’s  kinda what I’ve been saying, it’s up in the air how those 2 will perform at the class 4A level, but I will say Knott wouldn’t have won a game or probably scored a point without those 2, they won 2 games and 3 of their losses was like 6-7 point games, and they put up those passing numbers with the other teams all knowing they were gonna pass,because Knott had no line and no run game,  so their is hope..  Im just ready to watch some football!!
(05-23-2022, 04:12 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Perry gonna have to find them a bigger more athletic QB if they gonna take McKenzies place at the table. 6’2-180 just don’t cut it.  Need 6’1-270 guy to make that O roll.
if we’re talking athleticism slone to me is far more athletic than McKenzie. His size is fine as long as his line holds their blocks. McKenzie to me was in the wrong position last year. He wasn’t mobile enough to get himself out of trouble when the pocket broke down and he didn’t have a very good arm. Wanted to hold on to the ball way to long at times then take a loss. 6’1-270 should’ve put him on the line instead of under center. Just my opinion.