•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Who does Breathitt go after now?
I don't see why anybody in Wolfe Co.would be worried about Breathitt hiring a bad coach looks like it be in thier favor.They are in same district Personally think he's a grade guy and knows the game You can't expect a trainer to win KY Derby when all he has is a mule It ain't like some to to derby and take a mule and leave a thurougbred in the barn just because somebody owns the mule that's in the click
Turnover… as usual form I get migraines reading your post. Pls re-read your post before you post, or have someone fix it…..
Don't read it mailman grow up before you give any orders

I ain't from Turners Creek
[-] The following 1 user Likes Turnover's post:
  • Bobcatking
Just stick to one or two sentences and the entire forum will thank you for it
(04-28-2022, 05:02 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: I’ve heard Matthew Perry is a front runner. All I can say is if that’s true the Bobcats have hit a new low. Running off a coach that took you to a state championship game to hire a coach that won 3 games all season playing a weak schedule. His hometown school which he has coached at for 20 years didn’t even try to get him to come back. What does that tell you about him?
Its pretty obvious with you constantly posting about Wolfe County softball and you bashing Coach Perry that you're indeed a Wolfe County homer. I completely understand though because your anxiety level is probably through the roof with the prospects of Coach Perry being hired by Breathitt and  Skyler Ritchie following him.

I ask myself does a Wolfe guy want whats best for Breathitt and the answer is always no on that one. So why are you so adamant in trying to convince Breathitt that Coach Perry is a bad coach? I think everyone knows the answer now
[-] The following 2 users Like Night Train's post:
  • Bobcatking, Mountain Monster
Skyler would be a heck of a 6th man next year for the bobcats.
(04-29-2022, 01:51 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Skyler would be a heck of a 6th man next year for the bobcats.

He'll start after Collins and/or Hoskins rolls out.
[-] The following 2 users Like BelieveInTheHorn's post:
  • Bobcatking, Mountainparkway
Ritchie ain’t leaving the Wolves Den. Especially not for Breathitt.
Parkway this ain't the news paper I can't draw you a picture just because you can't read.

They hire parkway already got the starters picked next season Noble must not started the ones he like reason he ran him off
(04-29-2022, 12:11 PM)Turnover Wrote: Parkway this ain't the news paper I can't draw you a picture just because you can't read.

They hire parkway already got the starters picked next season Noble must not started the ones he like reason he ran him off

This ain't no poker room, no one knows all the cards.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BelieveInTheHorn's post:
  • Mountainparkway
Collins may leave but I don’t think Hoskins is going anywhere. If skyler came down he would get some minutes. Ritchie could be a good ball player with a big man coach working one on one with him and shooting a bunch of free throws everyday. Free throws is a lot of muscle memory and kids these days don’t practice it enough.
Ritchie may be the best fit for breathitt of the three

How does a guy like keathely coach 20 years. Just to have a record of 209 wins an 103 losses to put that in prospective for you BB king had over 300 wins in 11/12 years at knott. I would really have to take a deeper look at how much truth keathley was telling if I am the Breathitt administration
(04-29-2022, 02:46 PM)Bobcatking Wrote: Ritchie may be the best fit for breathitt of the three

How does a guy like keathely coach 20 years. Just to have a record of 209 wins an 103 losses to put that in prospective for you BB king had over 300 wins in 11/12 years at knott. I would really have to take a deeper look at how much truth keathley was telling if I am the Breathitt administration
I think the answer may be, as an assistant coach you don't count the wins and losses as yours? Looks to me like he's been head coach 10-11 years. Who's your pick new person?
They a bunch at Breathitt Skylar have hard time heating out parkway leading scorer and rebounder in a game set him down next days Why don't you teach yours how to make a layup he might get a minute
(04-29-2022, 03:36 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(04-29-2022, 02:46 PM)Bobcatking Wrote: Ritchie may be the best fit for breathitt of the three

I think the answer may be, as an assistant coach you don't count the wins and losses as yours? Looks to me like he's been head coach 10-11 years. Who's your pick new person?

(04-29-2022, 04:25 PM)Bobcatking Wrote:
(04-29-2022, 03:36 PM)Slim one Wrote:

I am for the best man for the job not the best man for my kid I want to win a region title I know my son can’t make it to the NBA I’m a realist
Not sure John wooden could coach breathitt to win the 14th next year. Parents think their kids are all stars and get butt hurt if they don’t get the minutes. I’ve been watching this crop of kids play since the 4th grade at LBJ and followed them up on the hill at Jackson city. They all came back to breathitt high and the talk all through the county was this is the best breathitt team ever. If you go back and look at my old post I’ve always said this crop of kids just don’t have that winning mentality. They have always quit when another team punched them in the mouth. These kids parents have always told them they are special and I don’t think some of them have got any better since middle school. Just my 2 cents.

They won’t win it this year either.
(04-29-2022, 05:21 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Not sure John wooden could coach breathitt to win the 14th next year. Parents think their kids are all stars and get butt hurt if they don’t get the minutes. I’ve been watching this crop of kids play since the 4th grade at LBJ and followed them up on the hill at Jackson city. They all came back to breathitt high and the talk all through the county was this is the best breathitt team ever. If you go back and look at my old post I’ve always said this crop of kids just don’t have that winning mentality. They have always quit when another team punched them in the mouth. These kids parents have always told them they are special and I don’t think some of them have got any better since middle school. Just my 2 cents.

They won’t win it this year either.

Some of them thinks they can make the NBA!!!!!
I really like John and think he does things the right way. It’s a hard sell to say that Coach Perry will get you over the top. If he was a great coach why did he struggle at Morgan most years. Coach Noble is a great role model and top notch coach. I really like some of the players at Breathitt but parents can’t control the program. As far as kids transferring to Breathitt, I don’t think many kids are going to want come into that environment and take minutes from kids/parents that have been there. The sad thing is “Breathitt supporters” are not only trying to hire the new coach but also push some of the very kids out that make the job a top job out the door. Breathitt has a lot of top level talent but a coach can’t make players/parents want to play team first basketball. When individual stats are more important than winning you can only go so far. Finger pointing usually pulls teams apart more than bringing them together.
Let’s be real about John he is a great guy!! Solid coach!! But was he really ready for a job like Breathitt??? Can you name one player that got better under John ??? Breathitt had major issues offensively. They never improved defensively. Most of all no team discipline….

Reds fan my question to you would be what kind of grade do you give Robert Scott like night train said it’s pretty obvious your a wolfe fan you seem to be awfully worried that this Perry guy will get the job you would think if you didn’t think he was the guy for the job you would be hoping they hire him Breathitt needs to consider all applicants an hire the best coach for the long term the sky is the limit for the bobcats if they get the right coach wolfe will no longer be a threat to breathitt
Refs Fan knows all this and won't give it out at his own school what it takes to be a team.Oil and water won't mix neither will politics and basketball .You right King
Heard Steve Wright was in Jackson today. Wonder if he wore that state championship ring to his interview?
I’ve heard Wright has a better chance than people are leading on. Wouldn’t shock me to see him be the choice.
As a fan from another reason I don’t know the specifics of what goes on at BCHS. I played when Coach Nobel was a Buckhorn and he seemed like a great guy. When he took the BC job it seemed like he loved it and was putting all the effort he could into the program. I saw them play during the summer last year and they looked like a well oiled machine. It surprised me Nobel was out after a pretty good season!
Steve Wright is A proven winner. May have some age on him now but he’s probably more physically fit than most 30 year old men in eastern Kentucky. Be a great hire for BHS.
You guys are giving the parents way too much credit. Every program has disgruntled parents every season, this is nothing new. John had a lot of support here and had 100% backing from the administration. He chose to leave on his own, I hate because he is gone but its time to move on. I can promise you, things are not as bad in Breathitt County as some of you would like to believe.
Breathitt will hire a top notch coach and no its not Kevin Keathley. lol
Don’t lie wildcat, parents tan John off.
(04-30-2022, 05:30 PM)Wildcat100 Wrote: You guys are giving the parents way too much credit. Every program has disgruntled parents every season, this is nothing new. John had a lot of support here and had 100% backing from the administration. He chose to leave on his own, I hate because he is gone but its time to move on. I can promise you, things are not as bad in Breathitt County as some of you would like to believe.
Breathitt will hire a  top notch coach and no its not Kevin Keathley. lol

I’ve already got my room reserved for the NBA draft it’s got to be Keathley!!!!!
(04-29-2022, 05:59 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: I really like John and think he does things the right way. It’s a hard sell to say that Coach Perry will get you over the top. If he was a great coach why did he struggle at Morgan most years. Coach Noble is a great role model and top notch coach. I really like some of the players at Breathitt but parents can’t control the program. As far as kids transferring to Breathitt, I don’t think many kids are going to want come into that environment and take minutes from kids/parents that have been there. The sad thing is “Breathitt supporters” are not only trying to hire the new coach but also push some of the very kids out that make the job a top job out the door. Breathitt has a lot of top level talent but a coach can’t make players/parents want to play team first basketball. When individual stats are more important than winning you can only go so far. Finger pointing usually pulls teams apart more than bringing them together.

In 23 seasons under Perry, the Cougars went 347-271. Perry directed Morgan County to the 2004 region tournament title, 2015 region runner-up status, seven district tournament crowns, the 2016 All "A" Classic region championship and a trip to the 2019 Kentucky 2A state tournament.

The first of those district championships came in 2000, in Perry's first season. He took over early in the season for Myron Huey. The Cougars were 7-13 that February before winning five of seven down the stretch, culminating in a 64-59 win over Menifee County in the 61st District Tournament final.

Four years later, Perry's Morgan County won a school-record 28 games, the last of which was a 54-42 defeat of Ashland in the region tournament final. That was the Cougars' first victory in three region championship games and sent Morgan County to its first and still only Sweet Sixteen.

Morgan County won three Eastern Kentucky Conference Tournament titles and four EKC regular-season championships under Perry's lead. He was a four-time EKC Coach of the Year and the 2004 All-Area Coach of the Year.
So M Perry averaged 15 wins a year over 23 years at Morgan. The last 3 years he averaged 6 wins a year. Sounds like Breathitt better act fast before someone else grabs up this guy!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slim one's post:
  • wannacat
Well it is Morgan County you know.. Realistically you can only expect to have a decent team there about every 5yrs. Winning the region was a huge accomplishment. Coach Perry has 1 more regional title than Breathitt does in the last 25yrs. He also has 1 more than Keathley
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blue Lips's post:
  • Bobcatking
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next