•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central Loading Up
(03-10-2022, 02:57 PM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: A “few” of the Perry Central transfers since 2011.  I’m sure I’m missing a “few”.  Can’t wait to see who they bring in this summer to compliment Beverly and Day for next season.

Jaysean Paige  2011-12
Justin Johnson  2012-13
Damon Tobler  2013-14
Nahim Lee 2013-2014
John Toomer  2013-14
James Blair  2014-15
Idris Akenyemi  2016-17
Princewill Anosike  2016-17
Camron Turner  2017-18
Marquis Frazier  2018-19
DeAndre Reed  2018-19
Landon Napier  2021-22

Wow! That’s a long list! I’m sure they all had a legitimate excuse for transferring. Lol
Them all look like Perry County names. Lol

What about Jaylin Williams? If that’s his name. He was a human highlight reel.
(03-10-2022, 02:57 PM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: A “few” of the Perry Central transfers since 2011.  I’m sure I’m missing a “few”.  Can’t wait to see who they bring in this summer to compliment Beverly and Day for next season.

Jaysean Paige  2011-12
Justin Johnson  2012-13
Damon Tobler  2013-14
Nahim Lee 2013-2014
John Toomer  2013-14
James Blair  2014-15
Idris Akenyemi  2016-17
Camron Turner  2017-18
Marquis Frazier  2018-19
DeAndre Reed  2018-19
Landon Napier  2021-22
Jalyn Williams  2018-19

Thank you DukeBoy for the kind reminder

Jaysean Paige  2011-12
Justin Johnson  2012-13
Damon Tobler  2013-14
Nahim Lee 2013-2014
John Toomer  2013-14
James Blair  2014-15
Idris Akenyemi  2016-17
Camron Turner  2017-18
Marquis Frazier  2018-19
DeAndre Reed  2018-19
Landon Napier  2021-22
Kyle Huff, Josh Salyers
Do they lose McKenzie, Brock and Napier? I have a feeling they will reload and be in the mix again next year. I think next year will basically be a repeat of this year. Bobcats only lose turner which I think combs will feel in nicely. Turner only shot the ball one time against Perry in the tournament, I think combs will shoot way more and score more points than that. Combs also plays good defense too. Only negative about combs is he has a slow shot and has to be wide open to get it off. He still pushes it from the chest too. He needs to work on his release and starting point of his shot. That’s just my opinion though and I’m no shooting coach or coach in any fashion. The bobcats will not win the region next year because this team is lacking something that I can’t put my finger on. Hope they get it taken care of cause this is the last go around. After next year bhs will be one of the weakest teams in the region unless they get the pipeline to run through bhs before is makes it up the road 30 miles lol
(03-11-2022, 01:57 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Do they lose McKenzie, Brock and Napier? I have a feeling they will reload and be in the mix again next year. I think next year will basically be a repeat of this year. Bobcats only lose turner which I think combs will feel in nicely. Turner only shot the ball one time against Perry in the tournament, I think combs will shoot way more and score more points than that. Combs also plays good defense too. Only negative about combs is he has a slow shot and has to be wide open to get it off. He still pushes it from the chest too. He needs to work on his release and starting point of his shot. That’s just my opinion though and I’m no shooting coach or coach in any fashion. The bobcats will not win the region next year because this team is lacking something that I can’t put my finger on. Hope they get it taken care of cause this is the last go around. After next year bhs will be one of the weakest teams in the region unless they get the pipeline to run through bhs before is makes it up the road 30 miles lol
Yea. They return, Beverly, Day, and Dylan knight , they will have to rely on their young guys unless they do get some transfers in..
Hear Keiser Slone is coming from Knott.
If PCC is going to bring in some recruits they need to go after some guards. The ones they have returning play weak from what I’ve seen. They shouldn’t worry about recruiting bigs because they could have Shaq down low and they wouldn’t hit him
[-] The following 1 user Likes HollerRat's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
(03-11-2022, 03:29 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Hear Keiser Slone is coming from Knott.

heard he’s going to Letcher. Letcher has an opening at QB.
(03-24-2022, 04:57 PM)TakeOver12 Wrote:
(03-11-2022, 03:29 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Hear Keiser Slone is coming from Knott.

heard he’s going to Letcher. Letcher has an opening at QB.
I heard he’s coming to Perry also, but I think he will help the football team a lot more then the basketball. Just my opinion
[-] The following 1 user Likes Show-stopper's post:
  • wannacat
Heard today that Keiser is enrolled at Perry
Perry not the only one loading up evidently.
(03-24-2022, 09:20 PM)RBlackAndYellow Wrote: Perry not the only one loading up evidently.
Who else getting kids?
The usual suspect. It’s going to be a long summer. In the end, it really doesn’t matter. Whether it’s Al going to Rupp or whether it’s Shannon or whoever else, the 14th region will always be 1 and done in the state tournament. Let them get that 14th region mountain glory though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackAndYellow's post:
  • TakeOver12
Holler Rat, I watched every game at the state tournament and I agree somewhat. Not sure our guards could of started on any of the teams there. But I will say them two are more than likely the best 2 in the 14th Region. Maybe if the 1 had a little more help things would of been different. Looked like the 2,3, and 4 hid from the ball. But we are taking about a game vs the State Champs. Playing anyone else things may been different. Felt the little kid they called Poppi could helped them.
Yes it will be a long summer for the kittens. I don’t see them getting any better. Hazard, knott, and Perry will be at the top of the region next season. Wolfe won’t be a factor without tolson. Where is the region played at next year?

Cordia will reload with same ol outcome as always.
Region is played at Perry. Funny how Hoskins gets so much credit for being a good coach. He’s basically a Calipari 2.0… they both recruit good but can’t coach a lick. Anyways, it will come down to who gets illegally eligible by the time the season starts.
(03-25-2022, 05:27 PM)BiscuitNGravy Wrote: Region is played at Perry. Funny how Hoskins gets so much credit for being a good coach. He’s basically a Calipari 2.0… they both recruit good but can’t coach a lick. Anyways, it will come down to who gets illegally eligible by the time the season starts.

Well. Here we go again. Can't decide whether Perry is recruiting the best talent from all over the country or if the 14th is the weakest its ever been and there is no clear cut favorite.
I don't really have the answer.
Perry ran the table in the region beating everyone except Lee and Owsley. That sounds like they may have been a clear favorite.
Perry won the ymt tournament.
Beating Paintsville, Harlan independent and Knox along the way. Not sure you can make a case for a weak 14th region either.
As far as recruiting goes. I'm sure if it benefited you and yours then it's a non factor.
Huck I’d say Landon Napier was all they needed this season to secure the region. Mission accomplished.
(03-30-2022, 09:12 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Huck I’d say Landon Napier was all they needed this season to secure the region. Mission accomplished.

Just gets old the same people that say perry had no talent also saying that the coach can't coach a lick,lol.
You can't have it both ways. A bad coach doesn't do with this team what he done but more than that is that they played together and for each other. That was the key to the success they had this year. They defended and worked the ball to take good shots. That forced opposing teams to have to be more efficient than them on offense.
Season is over. Its in the books. Why do people still feel the need to smear the Commodores?Probably more to the disgruntled posts than it appears.
(03-28-2022, 10:08 PM)Huck Fin Wrote:
(03-25-2022, 05:27 PM)BiscuitNGravy Wrote: Region is played at Perry. Funny how Hoskins gets so much credit for being a good coach. He’s basically a Calipari 2.0… they both recruit good but can’t coach a lick. Anyways, it will come down to who gets illegally eligible by the time the season starts.

Well. Here we go again.  Can't decide whether Perry is recruiting the best talent from all over the country or if the 14th is the weakest its ever been and there is no clear cut favorite.
I don't really have the answer.
Perry ran the table in the region beating everyone except Lee and Owsley. That sounds like they may have been a clear favorite.
Perry won the ymt tournament.
Beating Paintsville, Harlan independent and Knox along the way. Not sure you can make a case for a weak 14th region either.
As far as recruiting goes. I'm sure if it benefited you and yours then it's a non factor.

Until the winner of the 14th region starts winning games at Rupp instead of getting blew out by double digits then yes the 14th is weak.
I'll give you that King but that isn't the context of their comment. People are butt hurt. Thats all.
I'm over it. Great year Commodores.
Historic actually.
I’m with you Huck. Perry did have a great season. Would they done it without Lando Napier? Very questionable.
(03-30-2022, 03:10 PM)Huck Fin Wrote: I'll give you that King but that isn't the context of their comment.  People are butt hurt. Thats all.
I'm over it. Great year Commodores.
Historic actually.
With all the respect, it isn’t being butt hurt, just annoyed. Long story short… recruiting in Perry and Hazard has been going on for as long as time has existed. Almost every year they do illegal stuff to get people eligible and it is no surprise. With that being said though, I still respect every 14th region team. If you are from Perry you won’t realize how it demoralizes other counties, but if you are from others you will feel the constant annoyance every year.
Very well said BG.
Enough about BREATHITT COUNTY. PEOPLE ON HERE BLOW THEM UP EVERY YEAR. THEY COULDNT EVEN WIN THE REGIONAL TOURNAMENT THAT WAS PLAYED PN THIER JOME COURT. SO STOP WITH ALL THIS UNTIL THEY WIN SOMETHING. YOU CAN START BY HIRING A COACH.
In Breathitts defense, this post originated close to a year ago so most (if not all on this thread)Breathitt comments were talking about this past season.
Is there any talk about PCC coach going to Clay Co. ?
Ain’t no way Hollywood Hoskins is leaving Perry.
Hollywood Hoskins?
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next