Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County vs. Perry County Central 3/7 (14th Region Championship)
14th Region Championship Tuesday night from Jackson.

Estill County has made two huge upsets, can they make it a third?

Can Perry lay claim to being the top team in the region like they were ranked all year long?

IMO, If and that's a big IF, Benton (the game against Wolfe) and Isfort (the game against Cordia) play and have the same game against Perry as they both had in the two games thus far, then anything is possible. 

At this time, I'm still sticking with Perry Central to win it all like I have all season.

Gonna be hard to take Perry Central down especially when an old former teammate from Estill is leading the Commodores in Landon Napier. Man what IF he would have stayed at Estill.

Good luck to both teams, hopefully it's a fun, nail biting, injury free game.

Whoever wins this game will have they're hands full in Rupp with likely being.. George..Rogers..Clark.. In the opening round game. Sheesh.
It's gonna be hard for Estill to overcome Landon and Perry Central but hey they've had two upsets so far and are hot, why not 3? I'm sure Estill would love to get revenge on Perry after Perry knocked them out of the tournament last season on the same court.
Dores big. Perry shows why they have been and are the best all year in the region.
I’m going with Perry just because they play team ball, defend and rebound. They also limit their turnovers. Each player on that team knows their roles and they play them wells. Shannon has developed into a top notch coach and has learned how to get the most out of his players and their ability. Estill has over achieved this year and my hat goes off to them.
Congratulations to Perry for representing the 14th this year. Good luck against grc cause you guys will need it
Gonna say Perry by 14. GRC will need some luck to. Even GRCs will shrivel up at the show.
Grc will beat Perry by 12 or more
Not knocking the 14th region because I'm a die hard 14th region fanatic but neither of these two teams will come close to GRC. GRC would win by 30 or more. They're just too talented.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Strikeout King's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
And what's even scarier is GRC returns all of they're scorers from this year so they gonna be even better next season.
GRC?
The next game is between Perry and Estill.
Nobody in the Perry program is thinking about GRC right now. There was no sigh of relief to think that its Estill next. They will be not be overlooked.
Estill has earned that much. Kudos to them.
Congratulations to Coach Hall and his Engineers. Respect is earned, not given.
Estills average scoring is 86.5 in the regional tournament.
PCC is holding their opponents to an average of 43 in the regional tournament.

What gives?
Thoughts and predictions?
People just glossing over the fact that Estill will be very motivated because one of their former players went to Perry chasing a region title? Don’t count count this team out. Benton with 36 in the first round and Isfort with 43 in a regulation game in which the team had 93 points in a high school regulation game! Estill can score in bunches. Perry is very good and been the best team in the region all season, but don’t hand them the trophy yet. The game has to be played.
Perry will rollem.
I'm pulling for Estill, but I don't think they have the horses to complete with Perry.
(03-06-2022, 11:11 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: It's gonna be hard for Estill to overcome Landon and Perry Central but hey they've had two upsets so far and are hot, why not 3? I'm sure Estill would love to get revenge on Perry after Perry knocked them out of the tournament last season on the same court.

Good match up with isfort on Ole Buddy, 2 lefties forcing each to right hands could be difference.  I swear with this lineup EC has and picking each other up I pick EC by 3 and Benton/ Beeler carry Estill and Isfort and friends  holds down Napier to 12pts or so.   The Crazy Train fans/ band are 6th man and Engineer's win 67-64
If this was any other regular season game I say Perry wins by 10+ all day long but it’s region championship anything can happen I think it’s gonna be who gets there nerves under control and keeps them in check wins this one imma take Perry in a close one 66-70
A few stats going into this one.

If we're being honest, Estill was probably the last team people thought was going to the championship game from this side of the bracket.
Wolfe basically had the game won. 2 point lead, ball out of bounds with 5 seconds on the clock. They committed a technical foul and Estill gutted one out in triple overtime.
Cordia was up 12 in the third quarter, had a spectacular collapse (also involving a technical foul) in the fourth and Estill took care of business again.
These wins weren't pretty, but the Engineers did what it took to win while the other team didn't.
They did score 93 against Cordia in regulation. That was Cordia's 8th time giving up 80 or more points this season. They were 1-7 in those games, beating Jenkins 86-85 on the road on Feb 1. Cordia has given up 100+ three times this season, with the most points given up in a 128-105 loss to Harlan County on January 22.
Estill is 12-3 in the region, only losing to Wolfe, Letcher, and Hazard. They have region wins over Owsley (x3), Powell (x3), Lee (x2), Wolfe (x2), Leslie and Cordia.

Perry is undefeated in the region at 15-0 with wins over every team in the tournament EXCEPT Estill County.
They've been tested by Knott, Breathitt and Hazard, but came out on top each time.
Perry has Shannon Hoskins, the 14th Region Coach of the Year, and Landon Napier, the 14th Region Player of the Year (and former Engineer).
Perry's RPI is .66917 and Estill's is .48780.
Cantrall ratings at the close of the regular season had Perry a 24 point favorite against Estill.
We should note that Estill trailed Wolfe and Cordia in the RPI and were double-digit underdogs to them according to Cantrall, but they still won.

This isn't a contest to see who has been the better team all season, it's a contest to see who is the best team tonight.
Best of luck to the Engineers and Commodores and they fight for the 14th Region crown tonight.
If I had to pick, it would be hard to pick against Perry. But I have a feeling we are in for a special one tonight in Jackson.
Landon Napier will go off and get a double double tonight. PCC by 20.
Estill is playing with some confidence and that is what you want right now. Hope Estill can pull off the win and roll down the tracks to Rupp.
Perry will roll
If estill can slow it down and make some shots they can win.. with that being said I’ll still probably take Perry. Hope I’m wrong
5 minutes and counting til tip
Lineups being announced.
Perry wins tip and hits a 3

PCC 3-0

Rose fouled for two. good. good.

PCC 3-2
Beverly fouled for two. good. good.

PCC 5-2
ISfort banks in a three from the corner.

5 all

McKenise for two.

PCC 7-5

Steal layup for PCC and1. no good

PCC 9-5
Put back by McKenzie.

PCC 11-5
Brock layup after PCC player shoves an Estill player down and takes the ball, no call.

PCC 14-5. Timeout Estill
13-5*
Willis for two.

PCC 13-7
Wills for two.

PCC 13-9