Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future stars of the 13th, 14th, and 15th
Who are some underclassmen we’ll be hearing about in years to come?
Beverly and Sperry from the 14th.
The Sperry kid from Breathitt was very impressive in the All A Tournament for a freshman...I look for him to be one of the top players in the mountains the next few years.
The Ritchie kid at Wolfe if he get somewhere where they ain't Villanova crazy.
(02-16-2022, 01:19 PM)Turnover Wrote: The Ritchie kid at Wolfe if he get somewhere where they ain't Villanova crazy.
Jimmy he air balls more free throws than he makes. Needs to work on shot past two feet to become a factor. Height is all he has going for him rt now.
Prickway did your cats get beat last night You up coming expert.
Haha truth hurts
13th South Laurel Freshman Jordan Mabe 6’7” and North Laurel Freshman Kole Jervis stars on the rise in 13th
Prickway that's why you crying Good thing commodores felt sorry for your cats last night

Turnover cats??Rising stars
Agree Jimmy dores should have won by 15.

Although we agree on something Jimmy that still doesn’t negate the facts I stated earlier
13th- South freshman Mabe
Harlan County- Maddox Huff
Bell co 8th grader Blake Burnett/ Freshman Noah Brock
Rydge Beverly. PCC
Carter Castle. PCC
Trayton Woods. PCC
Evan Eversole PCC
Seth Caudill - Hazard
Andrew Sewell Breathitt
Skyler Ritchie Wolfe
McCoy - Buckhorn

This is just a few that come to mind to me. Some really good young talent coming up in the 14th Region. Sorry if I left someone off. Not familiar with all the teams in the region.
Andrew Sewell breathitt. Few years off aren’t u
13thRegion top freshman in my opinion but in no particular order. Although I do believe the first 3 of these kids are quite a bit better than the others. I know a couple of these kids start varsity and play a lot of minutes.
Jordan Mabe=South Laurel
Colton Rawlings=North Laurel
Maddox Huff=Harlan Co
Kade Elam=Corbin
Sawyer Thompson=Pineville
Tydus Summers=Jackson Co
Jerrod Roark= OBI
Remember the 14th region tournament is at breathitt county
(02-16-2022, 10:17 PM)BallAlcoholic Wrote: 13thRegion top freshman in my opinion but in no particular order. Although I do believe the first 3 of these kids are quite a bit better than the others. I know a couple of these kids start varsity and play a lot of minutes. 
Jordan Mabe=South Laurel
Colton Rawlings=North Laurel
Maddox Huff=Harlan Co
Kade Elam=Corbin
Sawyer Thompson=Pineville
Tydus Summers=Jackson Co
Jerrod Roark= OBI
I see thompson putting up numbers that will be unmatched in the coming years. I’m not saying he’s a beast i’m just saying he’s gonna put up 40 shots a night and will make 20 when he gets stronger. If he stays at pineville where the offense is get him the ball.

Maddox Huff is the top of the list in my opinion, he takes over varsity games when noah is hurting, in foul trouble, or not hitting his stride. The upside with the kids body, shot, and ability to drive is what’s holding HC together.
Stop the childishness!!
Thompson from Pineville is the best freshman in the 13th region. Gets double and triple team every single night. Still manages some how to get 23 a game while shooting a high percentage from the floor.
Mabe from South and Huff from Harlan County are the top two in my opinion. I also like Burnett (8th) at Bell County.
(02-17-2022, 12:19 PM)momentoftruth Wrote: Thompson from Pineville is the best freshman in the 13th region. Gets double and triple team every single night. Still manages some how to get 23 a game while shooting a high percentage from the floor.
47 percent is crazy for the amount of shots he puts up through double teams and lack of pieces around him. Kid is talented fr. But Huff and Mabe are slightly better but aren’t in the role of primary scorer. They don’t put up 23 a game but play on much better teams against much better competition.
(02-17-2022, 02:29 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 12:19 PM)momentoftruth Wrote: Thompson from Pineville is the best freshman in the 13th region. Gets double and triple team every single night. Still manages some how to get 23 a game while shooting a high percentage from the floor.
47 percent is crazy for the amount of shots he puts up through double teams and lack of pieces around him. Kid is talented fr. But Huff and Mabe are slightly better but aren’t in the role of primary scorer. They don’t put up 23 a game but play on much better teams against much better competition.

Great point about schedules and level of competition. You put Mabe or Huff on that Pineville team and play that schedule, they both probably score 25+.

Taking nothing away from the Thompson kid, he’s a great player.
(02-17-2022, 02:33 PM)TheProfessor33 Wrote:

Great point about schedules and level of competition.  You put Mabe or Huff on that Pineville team and play that schedule, they both probably score 25+.

Nothing against Huff ( good player) I just think Thompson has more upsize. But to let you two tell it, he’s HC best player. Must of forgotten about that Noah kid.
No love for young Pietrowski?
(02-17-2022, 04:50 PM)momentoftruth Wrote:

Great point about schedules and level of competition.  You put Mabe or Huff on that Pineville team and play that schedule, they both probably score 25+.

Nothing against Huff ( good player) I just think Thompson has more upsize. But to let you two tell it, he’s HC best player. Must of forgotten about that Noah kid.

I don’t think anyone is saying he’s better than Noah at this point. The question was who are some underclassmen up and comers, basically. Noah is already established as a top 3 player in the region now. I’m talking about freshmen players and younger, I guess.
(02-17-2022, 05:28 PM)TheProfessor33 Wrote:

I don’t think anyone is saying he’s better than Noah at this point.  The question was who are some underclassmen up and comers, basically.  Noah is already established as a top 3 player in the region now.  I’m talking about freshmen players and younger, I guess.
I agree that Huff is one of the top freshman in the region. I just think Thompson is better at this point. But to make statements like, he is holding HC together is false. I’ve had several opportunities to watch HC play. Huff is the 3rd best player on the team behind Noah and Swanner. Which ain’t bad for a freshman. He has a bright future.
(02-17-2022, 05:47 PM)momentoftruth Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 02:29 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: 47 percent is crazy for the amount of shots he puts up through double teams and lack of pieces around him. Kid is talented fr. But Huff and Mabe are slightly better but aren’t in the role of primary scorer. They don’t put up 23 a game but play on much better teams against much better competition.

I don’t think anyone is saying he’s better than Noah at this point.  The question was who are some underclassmen up and comers, basically.  Noah is already established as a top 3 player in the region now.  I’m talking about freshmen players and younger, I guess.
I agree that Huff is one of the top freshman in the region. I just think Thompson is better at this point. But to make statements like, he is holding HC together is false. I’ve had several opportunities to watch HC play. Huff is the 3rd best player on the team behind Noah and Swanner. Which ain’t bad for a freshman. He has a bright future.

I didn’t say he was holding them together, but I can see that point. He is their PG. A good point guard can hold things together for tough stretches in a season, and he has done that. You just said you’ve watched Harlan County “several” times. How would you know what kind of impact he has had? Also, I like Swanner, but people that follow the 13th region have had Huff in and out of the top 10 all season. With that said, I think he is clearly HC’s #2 at this point.
(02-17-2022, 05:55 PM)TheProfessor33 Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 02:33 PM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: Great point about schedules and level of competition.  You put Mabe or Huff on that Pineville team and play that schedule, they both probably score 25+.

I didn’t say he was holding them together, but I can see that point.  He is their PG.  a good point guard can hold things together for tough stretches in a season, and he has done that.  You just said you’ve watched Harlan County “several” times.  How would you know what kind of impact he has had?
Several as in MULTIPLE times Ive seen them play. Let’s me honest, when the game is on the line, Noah is the pg. Like I’ve said multiple times, he can play but I’m taking Thompson. He must be your family or something. No way you’re getting this upset over it lol
(02-17-2022, 06:01 PM)momentoftruth Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 04:50 PM)momentoftruth Wrote: Nothing against Huff ( good player) I just think Thompson has more upsize. But to let you two tell it, he’s HC best player. Must of forgotten about that Noah kid.

I didn’t say he was holding them together, but I can see that point.  He is their PG.  a good point guard can hold things together for tough stretches in a season, and he has done that.  You just said you’ve watched Harlan County “several” times.  How would you know what kind of impact he has had?
Several as in MULTIPLE times Ive seen them play. Let’s me honest, when the game is on the line, Noah is the pg. Like I’ve said multiple times, he can play but I’m taking Thompson. He must be your family or something. No way you’re getting this upset over it lol

I’ve watched every HC game this season, and I haven’t seen Noah take over the point in crunch time. Clearly, you don’t know what you’re talking about. And, you can take Thompson, I’m not criticizing your opinion of a player. But, you’re entitled to your opinion, not your own facts. Some of the things you are saying aren’t factual.
(02-17-2022, 06:05 PM)TheProfessor33 Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 05:28 PM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: I don’t think anyone is saying he’s better than Noah at this point.  The question was who are some underclassmen up and comers, basically.  Noah is already established as a top 3 player in the region now.  I’m talking about freshmen players and younger, I guess.

I’ve watched every HC game this season, and I haven’t seen Noah take over the point in crunch time.  Clearly, you don’t know 
Why you so mad for? lol
(02-17-2022, 06:10 PM)momentoftruth Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 06:05 PM)TheProfessor33 Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 05:47 PM)momentoftruth Wrote: I agree that Huff is one of the top freshman in the region. I just think Thompson is better at this point. But to make statements like, he is holding HC together is false. I’ve had several opportunities to watch HC play. Huff is the 3rd best player on the team behind Noah and Swanner. Which ain’t bad for a freshman. He has a bright future.

I’ve watched every HC game this season, and I haven’t seen Noah take over the point in crunch time.  Clearly, you don’t know 
Why you so mad for? lol

No one was as mad as you were when about 10-11 people left the Akal kid off their top 5…lol. You joined this message board very recently and you’ve came in really hot. It’s obvious that you have an axe to grind.