Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stoops visits Belfry
Any info on other offers he's got? There has to be a coach that wants him . What is the hold up? He's too good
I am hearing that UK did offer him a PWO but he politely declined for now and that a rep from Auburn would be on Pond Creek today to offer him a PWO as well. I have also been told that Murray State gave him an offer yesterday. 

This is second-hand info with the original source being a current assistant coach, so take it with a grain of salt.
I would like to see him go to a smaller school such as EKU or Murray so he can be the guy instead of sitting on the bench at an SEC/ACC school. If he excels at that level with the new transfer rules he could always transfer up.
Good luck to him either way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wolfcat's post:
  • Gitback Coach
Just seen where Mark Perry is at Beechwood today. It sounds like UK is going around the state congratuling all the state champions. Nothing to do with recruiting
(12-07-2021, 01:32 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 11:52 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 02:34 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 02:05 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 01:59 PM)Redneck Wrote: But Matt Jones from KSR said Stopps was there. He knows everything ?
Don't believe that that dude Matt say lol. Coach Perry took it to Twitter and post a picture of him and Coach Haywood ONLY, NO coach Stoop. Also coach Perry stopped by Pikeville to congratulate Coach McNamee. Picture is in the proof.
I was being sarcastic. I can’t stand Matt Jones. That was supposed to be a rolling eyes emoji instead of a question mark.
He might be my cousin, but I don't claim him.
That explains a lot LOL

Explains nothing. I'm nothing like that guy Smile
(12-07-2021, 06:54 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 02:34 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 02:05 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: Don't believe that that dude Matt say lol. Coach Perry took it to Twitter and post a picture of him and Coach Haywood ONLY, NO coach Stoop. Also coach Perry stopped by Pikeville to congratulate Coach McNamee. Picture is in the proof.
I was being sarcastic. I can’t stand Matt Jones. That was supposed to be a rolling eyes emoji instead of a question mark.
That explains a lot LOL

Agree to disagree lmao 
You are the man doug
(12-07-2021, 08:40 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 02:34 PM)Redneck Wrote: I was being sarcastic. I can’t stand Matt Jones. That was supposed to be a rolling eyes emoji instead of a question mark.
That explains a lot LOL

Agree to disagree lmao 
You are the man doug

I'm really not. He leans far to the left. lol. Merry Christmas!
(12-07-2021, 09:25 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 11:52 PM)pjdoug Wrote: He might be my cousin, but I don't claim him.
That explains a lot LOL

Agree to disagree lmao 
You are the man doug

Same to you and your family from our mountain momma the great state of WV
[-] The following 1 user Likes irishcard16's post:
  • pjdoug
(12-07-2021, 09:29 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 01:32 AM)irishcard16 Wrote: That explains a lot LOL

Agree to disagree lmao 
You are the man doug

I've never mentioned this, and always forget to search, but I probably have some cousins not far from Belfry. lol. My great grandparents siblings are buried at Madison, West Virginia.
Great player. Have watched him diverse times the last few years. The guy can play football simple as that!
Dixon-rb-belfry since his state championship performance has got offers from kentucky, west Virginia, Marshall, western Kentucky, Murray state, miami,Ohio, auburn, eku, ohio University, etc............!!!!
How many of those offer are PWO warrior hawk?? Think the kid deserves a full offer at least from the FCS schools.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panthers Dominate's post:
  • BoondockSaint
(12-08-2021, 07:50 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Dixon-rb-belfry since his state championship performance has got offers from kentucky, west Virginia, Marshall, western Kentucky, Murray state, miami,Ohio, auburn, eku, ohio University, etc............!!!!
Nice!
(12-08-2021, 07:50 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Dixon-rb-belfry since his state championship performance has got offers from kentucky, west Virginia, Marshall, western Kentucky, Murray state, miami,Ohio, auburn, eku, ohio University, etc............!!!!
I’m pretty close to the program. I’m calling BS

(12-07-2021, 09:44 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 06:54 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Explains nothing. I'm nothing like that guy Smile
Agree to disagree lmao 
You are the man doug

I've never mentioned this, and always forget to search, but I probably have some cousins not far from Belfry. lol. My great grandparents siblings are buried at Madison, West Virginia.
Yeah about 30 miles from here lol 

I’ll send you a shirt since you’re one of us now lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes irishcard16's post:
  • #55PirateFan
(12-08-2021, 03:21 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
I’m pretty close to the program. I’m calling BS

(12-07-2021, 09:44 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 08:40 PM)irishcard16 Wrote: Agree to disagree lmao 
You are the man doug

Yeah about 30 miles from here lol 

I’ll send you a shirt since you’re one of us now lol
I might cry if I find out I had cousins that were Pirates. lol
With all due respect, Dixon would never see the field in any type of meaningful minutes at an SEC school. Maybe senior day. A MAC team or triple option program would be a possible fit. If he wants to play in college he will respectfully decline PWO’s from those programs. He’s looking for a job not an internship.
(12-08-2021, 10:25 PM)Tigerallamerican Wrote: With all due respect, Dixon would never see the field in any type of meaningful minutes at an SEC school. Maybe senior day. A MAC team or triple option program would be a possible fit. If he wants to play in college he will respectfully decline PWO’s from those programs. He’s looking for a job not an internship.
I agree.
How many very talented Eastern Kentucky boys have went to UK simply because it's UK and be buried on the bench?
I would not take a PWO regardless of any promises the coach might have made. It he covets him so much he would offer a full ride.
I think the ceiling he has as far as being a primary ball carrier would be somewhere like Marshall or possibly WKU. I don't see him as a Power 5 conference back.

Good luck to him regardless.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wolfcat's post:
  • Tigerallamerican
(12-08-2021, 10:25 PM)Tigerallamerican Wrote: With all due respect, Dixon would never see the field in any type of meaningful minutes at an SEC school. Maybe senior day. A MAC team or triple option program would be a possible fit. If he wants to play in college he will respectfully decline PWO’s from those programs. He’s looking for a job not an internship.
I'm surprised one of the military schools hasn't offered him just bc they run the exact offense Belfry does. That would give him a big advantage. Of course the admission requirements are a lot more strict at those schools than others.
(12-09-2021, 01:34 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
I'm surprised one of the military schools hasn't offered him just bc they run the exact offense Belfry does. That would give him a big advantage. Of course the admission requirements are a lot more strict at those schools than others.

Wofford has been a triple option team, but I think they spread it out and throw the ball just a little more now. That might be a good fit for him.
I seen today where Dixon was offered by UPIKE and University of Charleston. I think the PWO option at UK could have to do with number of scholarships UK has available with all the players who gained an extra year of NCAA. There's serious talks of Rodriguez returning for another year which would take up a scholarship spot so he may be able to go to UK and earn a scholarship in his 2nd year if his chooses UK. That was what Neal Brown was telling him last year when they offered him the PWO at WVU. They didn't have enough scholarships avaliable due to seniors who chose to come back for a 5th or 6th year.
I was hoping UK might reward him with a scholarship offer, but since these college coaches have to deal with the transfer portal now, you have to keep options open because you never know what big fish might transfer.

Would Dixon ever see much time at UK? Probably not, but I could see him playing a Zach Johnson type role and being a special teams guy that eventually earns a scholarship.

Hopefully he can land a offer from someone.
In terms of heart and effort he gets an A+ from me. But college level lateral speed would be waiting on him in the way that high schools were not. I think he will get a shot somewhere and it will be better than the preferred walk-on that Ky offered. Best of luck to him at the next level wherever he decides to go.
Even though Dixon offer is just PWO, he may be better off taking that offer with the new NIL deals they can make. I'm sure someone from EKY would love to sponsor him through an NIL deal and he could make a lot of money from it since most fans around here cheer for UK. It has been reported that the walk ons for the UK basketball team have made nearly 6 figures in NIL deals. It is definitely a factor he needs to consider.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • ProudPirate
(12-12-2021, 01:34 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Even though Dixon offer is just PWO, he may be better off taking that offer with the new NIL deals they can make. I'm sure someone from EKY would love to sponsor him through an NIL deal and he could make a lot of money from it since most fans around here cheer for UK. It has been reported that the walk ons for the UK basketball team have made nearly 6 figures in NIL deals. It is definitely a factor he needs to consider.

Can you name one PWO in the country that has an NIL deal?  I can’t.
(12-12-2021, 02:50 PM)BoondockSaint Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 01:34 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Even though Dixon offer is just PWO, he may be better off taking that offer with the new NIL deals they can make. I'm sure someone from EKY would love to sponsor him through an NIL deal and he could make a lot of money from it since most fans around here cheer for UK. It has been reported that the walk ons for the UK basketball team have made nearly 6 figures in NIL deals. It is definitely a factor he needs to consider.

There are several. I seen where BYU football walks had an NIL deal where it would pay them enough to cover their tuition. The UK basketball team walk ons have been paid several thousand dollars through NIL deals. I know he isn't a walk on but Austin Dotson has an NIL deal with D&D but not sure how much he makes. The camp that him and Cole Bentley put on would not have been allowed prior to the NIL deals being allowed by NCAA. They could have done it but couldn't have made any money off it.
It's gonna be hard to get a FBS offer for any 5th year guy as they will be ineligible.
(12-12-2021, 04:45 PM)Real Badman Wrote: It's gonna be hard to get a FBS offer for any 5th year guy as they will be ineligible.
I didn't know that. Why are they not eligible? Hopefully Dixon was made aware of this.

(12-12-2021, 05:10 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 04:45 PM)Real Badman Wrote: It's gonna be hard to get a FBS offer for any 5th year guy as they will be ineligible.
I didn't know that. Why are they not eligible? Hopefully Dixon was made aware of this.
https://www.kentuckytoday.com/kentucky-s...8ebac.html

I didn't know this was the rule.

https://www.kentuckytoday.com/kentucky-s...8ebac.html

I didn't know this was the rule.

5th year kids are not "Ineligible".  The article was simply stating that kids should be aware of potential issues if they don't cross their "Ts" and dot their "Is" through the process.  If any kid who took advantage of the bill worked with their school, counselor's and NCAA Eligibility Center to make sure they were/are doing everything necessary, they should be good.  This includes all kids in all grades at the high school level.
Big schools all chasing the Portal right now, mid majors, waiting til they are done.. then finally they may recruit some highschool players that are not 4 and 5 stars
(12-12-2021, 04:24 PM)Hi pirateforlife Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 02:50 PM)BoondockSaint Wrote:

There are several. I seen where BYU football walks had an NIL deal where it would pay them enough to cover their tuition. The UK basketball team walk ons have been paid several thousand dollars through NIL deals. I know he isn't a walk on but Austin Dotson has an NIL deal with D&D but not sure how much he makes. The camp that him and Cole Bentley put on would not have been allowed prior to the NIL deals being allowed by NCAA. They could have done it but couldn't have made any money off it.
I’m still waiting on you to name some PWOs with NIL contracts, and no, receiving money for conducting a football camp doesn’t count.