Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Would You Rank The Six State Champions
How would you rank the six state champions in 2021?
St Xavier/Boyle tie

South Warren
Beechwood
Pikeville
Belfry
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Jack Lambert
1. St Xavier
2. Boyle Co.
3. Beechwood
4. South Warren
5. Pikeville
6. Belfry
(12-07-2021, 09:53 AM)RoShamBo Wrote: 1. St Xavier
2. Boyle Co.
3. Beechwood
4. South Warren
5. Pikeville
6. Belfry

This is my list as well
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
St. Xavier
Boyle Co.
South Warren
Beechwood
Belfry
Pikeville
(12-07-2021, 10:24 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 09:53 AM)RoShamBo Wrote: 1. St Xavier
2. Boyle Co.
3. Beechwood
4. South Warren
5. Pikeville
6. Belfry

This is my list as well

Kind of torn between Boyle Co. and Beechwood because Beechwood beat the only team to beat Boyle this season, but I think at season's end Boyle was probably the 3rd best team in the state behind St. X and Male.

(12-07-2021, 10:26 AM)Real Badman Wrote: St. Xavier
Boyle Co.
South Warren
Beechwood
Belfry
Pikeville

Buckle up, folks!  Big Grin
1. St X
2. South Warren
3. Beechwood
4. Boyle County
5. Pikeville
6. Belfry
1. Boyle
2. St. X
3. South Warren
4. Beechwood
5. Pikeville
6. Belfry
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • Jack Lambert
St. X
Boyle County
Beechwood
Belfry
Pikeville
South Warren
1. St X
2. Boyle County
3. South Warren
4. Beechwood
5. Pikeville
6. Belfry
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Hatz
1. Saint X
2. South Warren
3. Boyle
4. Beechwood
5. Belfry
6. Pikeville
(12-07-2021, 08:54 AM)Westside Wrote: How would you rank the six state champions in 2021?
St X
Boyle Co.
South Warren
Beechwood
Pikeville
Belfry
1. St X
2. Boyle County
3. South Warren
4. Beechwood
5. Pikeville
6. Belfry
1. X
2a. Boyle Co
2b. SW
3. Beechwood
4. Pikeville
5. Belfry
Some of you guys are under estimating South Warren.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wolfcat's post:
  • Westside
(12-07-2021, 03:38 PM)wolfcat Wrote: Some of you guys are under estimating South Warren.

I think it's more a case of not being able to draw clear lines between 2-4 here. I know comparing scores will get you in trouble, but it's hard not to acknowledge some of the common opponents. 

LCA beat Boyle County at Boyle without their starting QB. Beechwood beat LCA at full strength (granted, a gimpy Xavier Brown in the 2nd half) in the finals.

Boyle County beat the brakes off of Douglass while it was a close contest between South Warren and FD in the finals.

That said, I did put Boyle County above Beechwood just based on what I saw in the finals, but I think for me I would be more inclined to put them 2a, 2b, and 2c than 2-4.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • Hatz
1. Saint X
2. South Warren
3. Boyle
4. Beechwood
5. Pikeville
6. Belfry
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Westside

1. St. Xavier
  2. South Warren
  3. Boyle
  4. Beechwood
  5. Pikeville
  6. Belfry
1. Boyle
2. Beechwood
3. St. X
4. South Warren
5. Belfry
6. Pikeville
I was able to watch every game this year for the first time in a while.

St. X
South Warren
Boyle
Beechwood
Pikeville
Belfry

Hypothetically speaking, I would love to have seen Pikeville and Belfry play again at the end of the year. I think it woulda been a good one. Pikeville won 28-0 I think in the regular season but Belfry was a much better team at the end of November. I think I would still give the edge to Pikeville though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoR_58's post:
  • Westside
5-6 6-5, I’m not sure it matters where you would rank PHS and Belfry. Head to Head was way long ago. Belfry played better than Pikeville did at state, but it’s all a wash in my book. 5. Belfry 5. Pikeville
^^^Someday I hope to wash away 6 losses and a 0-29 shutout on my home field, just not there yet.
5. Pikeville
6. Belfry

Find Pikeville here and scroll way down to find Belfry
http://calpreps.com/2021/ratings/Kentucky_all.htm
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • BoondockSaint
The Belfry team they beat 29-0 was a shell of the team that ended the season. Like I said it’s a wash to me. Congrats to PHS on another title. BTW rankings don’t mean jack.
(12-08-2021, 12:52 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: The Belfry team they beat 29-0 was a shell of the team that ended the season.  Like I said it’s a wash to me.  Congrats to PHS on another title.  BTW rankings don’t mean jack.
People forget Isaac Dixon didn't play that game too.
It does not matter. Pikeville won when they strapped it up, both won state championships, so Pikeville gets the nod. Opinions are like those things we all have.

The good thing is a Pike county champ usually ends up being a state champ. That means we play some pretty good football here. Win that battle and the odds are in you’re favor, as well as bragging rights.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoondockSaint's post:
  • jetpilot
^^^ Agreed. They both had great ends to the season. Congrats to both.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bucslover68's post:
  • BoondockSaint
(12-08-2021, 12:52 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: The Belfry team they beat 29-0 was a shell of the team that ended the season.  Like I said it’s a wash to me.  Congrats to PHS on another title.  BTW rankings don’t mean jack.
29-0 don't mean jack, 6 losses don't mean jack, all the ratings don't mean jack, only opinions mean jack. Go with that.
Not exactly sure why Jet has a sore rear. Anyway I congratulated his team twice oh well. Merry Christmas.
(12-08-2021, 01:23 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: Not exactly sure why Jet has a sore rear.  Anyway I congratulated his team twice oh well. Merry Christmas.
By all means congrats to Belfry. Listened to the game coming back from Lexington Saturday and rooted for Belfry all the way.
(12-08-2021, 01:26 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 01:23 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: Not exactly sure why Jet has a sore rear.  Anyway I congratulated his team twice oh well. Merry Christmas.
By all means congrats to Belfry. Listened to the game coming back from Lexington Saturday and rooted for Belfry all the way.
Good deal Jet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bucslover68's post:
  • jetpilot