Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MR FOOTBALL 2021
Well with all the games played this weekend and all the big perfomances, who will be Mr. Football?

Thoughts?
Absolutely should be Sivori.
(12-05-2021, 11:28 AM)Diogenes Wrote: Absolutely should be Sivori.

Man, he is for real!
(12-05-2021, 11:28 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Man, he is for real!
Isaac Dixon from Belfry..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Playcaller66's post:
  • rookie57
Jagger Gillis
Cam Hergot
Issac Dixon
Sivori

Hard to choose.
(12-05-2021, 11:44 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 11:28 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Man, he is for real!
Isaac Dixon from Belfry..

I like Dixon too!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • rookie57
Dixon Belfry 41 Carries, 376yds, 5 TD’s that’s just crazy stats for one player in a game…….WOW

Congrats Belfry………
[-] The following 3 users Like PirateNation71's post:
  • rookie57, SlantZ, Sportsdadof2
(12-05-2021, 02:16 PM)PirateNation71 Wrote: Dixon Belfry 41 Carries, 376yds, 5 TD’s  that’s just crazy stats for one player in a game…….WOW

Congrats Belfry………

Man, I made the drive to watch this performance! I have been a fan of Dixon after I watched the Bell/Belfry title game 3 years ago. I was sitting on the Belfry side pregame and it was just to cold for me where the sun wasn't shining and I said well heck I'll go over to the 50 yard line on the Tilghman side so I could warm up because the sun was shining over there.  I was slightly underdressed. So it was kind of funny, there was a bunch of Rockastle fans I could hear sitting close to me and they was saying they were pulling for Belfry, I definately was too. I could hear the fans of Tilghman saying gosh, that Dixon LOL. Over and Over...... Very good game! I am now a fan of Paducah Tilghman too, they are good!
  • PirateNation71
Dixon should win Sr. Football for sure.
Cam Hergot and Isaac Dixon are the two best I’ve watched play. Haven’t seen far past eastern ky thought besides Beechwood
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
If I had one vote. Boyle County Cole Lanter
With 0 D1 offers! 

67% completions, 2319 yards, 28 TD’s passing. 1277 yards, 23 rushing TD’s. 9 wins over Top 25 KY teams (max preps).

Jack Sivori is the only right answer IMO.
(12-05-2021, 05:44 PM)Gold River Wrote: With 0 D1 offers! 

67% completions, 2319 yards, 28 TD’s passing. 1277 yards, 23 rushing TD’s. 9 wins over Top 25 KY teams (max preps).

How does he have 0 offers?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(12-03-2021, 08:47 PM)ROTC Wrote: Just can’t feel sorry for any private playing a public and losing. The city schools have some advantages over much of the rural state- “county” schools; especially, the ones that openly “receive” out-of-district players. BUT- it’s just blind deference or total ignorance to contend that public schools should be able to compete with the privates. Congrats Beechwood.

(12-05-2021, 06:03 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 05:44 PM)Gold River Wrote: With 0 D1 offers! 

How does he have 0 offers?

Size maybe? He's listed at 5'11" 193 lbs.
I thought I heard them say Western Kentucky was getting a good QB? Did I hear wrong?

(12-05-2021, 04:51 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Cam Hergot and Isaac Dixon are the two best I’ve watched play. Haven’t seen far past eastern ky thought besides Beechwood

Cam Hergot needs no introduction! Watched this guy win 2 rings! He's the man! 

Isaac Dixon (G.O.A.T.) I know its debatable but dang he put on a show, Watched him twice in the finals get 2 rings and I would have to guess he would have 1 more, did't he win 3 titles in 5 years at Belfry?

(12-05-2021, 05:40 PM)64SUR Wrote: If I had one vote.  Boyle County Cole Lanter

Very worthy. Game changer. Another 2 Title Holder I watched! I like Mr. Lanter!
  • nemo
Several worthy players this year. Could see different winners named by the two groups (coaches and media) that present a "Mr. Football" award. The Gatorade KY POY could make it three. Be surprised if one player swept them all.

Thumbnail(s)

Jack Sivori should win both of them hands down. Pretty good performance for a QB who couldn't pass, playing against the #1 team in the state.
(12-05-2021, 06:46 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I thought I heard them say Western Kentucky was getting a good QB? Did I hear wrong?

Yes veltkamp from South Warren is committed to WKU
Mr. Football - Associated Press (writers and broadcasters) previous winners can be found  here >

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Foot...(Kentucky)
Here's a controversial question someone proposed.

"Is it fair that 5 year COVID super seniors are included in 2021 year awards?"

Not sure where I stand, after all some games were canceled last year because of COVID, same this year, but some of athletes were held back maximum times. I think any award ought to include an asterisk.....*Mr Football 2021.
*Participated 5 years in a 4 years sport due to COVID cancellation policy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spoozer12's post:
  • BoondockSaint
(12-05-2021, 07:10 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote: Here's a controversial question someone proposed.

Not sure where I stand, after all some games were canceled last year because of COVID, same this year, but some of athletes were held back maximum times.  I think any award ought to include an asterisk.....*Mr Football 2021.
Then you’d have to put an asterisk beside all the 2021 titles as well. I could see an argument that Hergott shouldn’t be eligible due to receiving the honors last year, but the rest should be good to go no question.
(12-05-2021, 03:19 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Dixon should win Sr. Football for sure.

Get over it man, be a grown-up not a child about things for a change……

If he played on the team you pull for you would love him then …….?
Stats should not count for anyone in this repeated year, nor should the reigning Mr. Football be eligible for Mr. Football.

(12-05-2021, 07:19 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 07:10 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote: Here's a controversial question someone proposed.

Not sure where I stand, after all some games were canceled last year because of COVID, same this year, but some of athletes were held back maximum times.  I think any award ought to include an asterisk.....*Mr Football 2021.
Then you’d have to put an asterisk beside all the 2021 titles as well. I could see an argument that Hergott shouldn’t be eligible due to receiving the honors last year, but the rest should be good to go no question.

I completely disagree.
Without regard to the whole extra year boondoggle, it would be hard to make a case that Dixon isn’t the most important player on any of the state finalists to his team.
Sivori is terrific, as is Lanter, Hergott, and on.
But without Dixon, the Belfry kids and coaches would all have been deer hunting this weekend.
In fact, they’ve been led by this guy’s prowess his whole career. That and some pretty good numbers over a career and in the clutch should count for something.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brutus's post:
  • BoondockSaint, PHSFOREVER1
(12-05-2021, 08:25 PM)Brutus Wrote: Without regard to the whole extra year boondoggle, it would be hard to make a case that Dixon isn’t the most important player on any of the state finalists to his team.
Sivori is terrific, as is Lanter, Hergott, and on.
But without Dixon, the Belfry kids and coaches would all have been deer hunting this weekend.
In fact, they’ve been led by this guy’s prowess his whole career. That and some pretty good numbers over a career and in the clutch should count for something.
That is not debatable either, I agree completely.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoondockSaint's post:
  • Brutus
Didn’t matter if you get held back in middle school or get a extra year for Covid. He has to meet age requirements. If he can do that then he should be able to count stats and win awards which Dixion should do. There wasn’t a player that meant for to a team than him and he showed out. If Haywood would have played him the entire game all year his stats would be crazy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belfry fan 75's post:
  • PirateNation71
Where is Dixon playing college ball next year?
(12-06-2021, 12:37 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Where is Dixon playing college ball next year?
Still headed to WVU?

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes nemo's post:
  • Bull got out!
My six put them in any order. Just throwing these out there.

Dixon
Lanter
Sivori
Hergott
Key
Gillis

I think stats should be honored with the caveat that they are 5 year stats.