Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Johnson Central 34 Corbin 13
well well well … gonna have to hit the recruiting trail a little harder
(11-20-2021, 12:34 AM)fansville Wrote: Corbin is exactly what everyone outside of Corbin thought, a team loaded with talent who is led by a subpar coaching staff playing a very weak season schedule. Defense got steam rolled and made zero halftime adjustments while the offense sputtered behind terrible play calling. They ran off the best coach in a the state due to politics and brought in an unqualified head coach and an OC that lost a game 100-0. If Corbin can’t win a championship with that talent pool, I’m not sure they ever will.

In the DC defense he had to make sure his son had a bottle of water and a banana. Maybe some pickle juice

(11-20-2021, 02:04 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: well well well … gonna have to hit the recruiting trail a little harder

Shit we turned off the salary caps this year and couldn’t win region.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • WhomTheBellTolls
im shocked because all season ive heard how no one could play with corbin and their athletes .. also that corbin could beat college teams … just help it make sense
(11-20-2021, 02:04 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: well well well … gonna have to hit the recruiting trail a little harder

This should show, you can have all the talent in the world but you have to know what to do with it.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • #55PirateFan, Bossdaddy 4115, Iggyfan, WhomTheBellTolls
(11-20-2021, 02:15 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

This should show, you can have all the talent in the world but you have to know what to do with it.

you are not wrong bull
(11-20-2021, 02:13 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: im shocked because all season ive heard how no one could play with corbin and their athletes .. also that corbin could beat college teams … just help it make sense

And we should have walked through 4a kentucky high school football with our roster if we would have had Ray Charles coaching.
PJ. You are a great smack talker, a comedian, and witty fellow. I’ve watched you for years write on here. But anyone, and I mean anyone on here that’s thinks you know football, is as dumb as the Corbin good ol boys. But anyways. No sleight at all. You are a funny fellow and always looking for a pot big enuf for your spoon. Hahaha Every message board needs it!
[-] The following 2 users Like HighViz's post:
  • jamesclay, WhomTheBellTolls
I’ve read A LOT of posts from Corbin fans who think that their coaches cost them the game. I think that they were not used to being punched in the mouth. JC won the game …Corbin did not lose it.

Class…it’s not just something that the Redhounds skip on a regular basis.
[-] The following 1 user Likes khsgamenight's post:
  • German Eye
(11-20-2021, 02:20 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 02:13 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: im shocked because all season ive heard how no one could play with corbin and their athletes .. also that corbin could beat college teams … just help it make sense

And we should have walked through 4a kentucky high school football with our roster if we would have had Ray Charles coaching.

Hell, no way Ray Charles calls a pass from near the goal line.  Ray would have handed the ball to Huff.

(11-20-2021, 03:29 AM)khsgamenight Wrote: I’ve read A LOT of posts from Corbin fans who think that their coaches cost them the game. I think that they were not used to being punched in the mouth. JC won the game …Corbin did not lose it.

Class…it’s not just something that the Redhounds skip on a regular basis.

After last year in Paintsville...  Oh, the irony in that statement.
This was just domination by JCs offensive line from start to finish. They get a rematch with a very solid and very tough Franklin County team next week.
JC is playing for more than a state title, I think it showed last night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • Rebel55
(11-20-2021, 10:56 AM)plantmanky Wrote: JC is playing for more than a state title, I think it showed last night.
I agree.  If my team can not win it, I would happy for the young men from Johnson Central after all that they have been through this season.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Diogenes, Hatz, plantmanky
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the powers that be in Corbin for letting Coach Haddix get away and come to Boyle county he was a God send!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • plantmanky, TD Hounds
Never seen such babies. Really. It just High School Football. Get over it if you lost and Get on with it if you won. AND REMEMBER this===> You did not win or lose anything. The kids did!
If Corbin's former coach is the best coach in the state I'll eat a bowl of dog crap out of a Corbin Redhound helmet. A blind gorilla could coach at Boyle county the past 2 years. But anyways, Corbin lost, JC has beat a lot of folks the past few years they weren't "supposed" to beat. It's over, we move on to the next round.
(11-20-2021, 12:42 PM)smoke1015 Wrote: If Corbin's former coach is the best coach in the state I'll eat a bowl of dog crap out of a Corbin Redhound helmet. A blind gorilla could coach at Boyle county the past 2 years. But anyways, Corbin lost, JC has beat a lot of folks the past few years they weren't "supposed" to beat. It's over, we move on to the next round.

You want a spoon or fork?  When you go from playing high level programs and expecting to win to worrying whether you can beat teams with losing records, well it’s not something he was putting in the water here.  At some point you have to look at results, you don’t leave one program after coaching them at a high level and go to another program and have continued success without knowing how to use a clip board.  If talent was all it took then Corbin would be eating Thanksgiving dinner early for an evening football practice next week.  Labeling him the States best is arguable, Haywood imo is the gold standard of current coaches, but Haddix is top 5 whether can be objective about it or not.
(11-20-2021, 01:21 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 12:42 PM)smoke1015 Wrote: If Corbin's former coach is the best coach in the state I'll eat a bowl of dog crap out of a Corbin Redhound helmet. A blind gorilla could coach at Boyle county the past 2 years. But anyways, Corbin lost, JC has beat a lot of folks the past few years they weren't "supposed" to beat. It's over, we move on to the next round.

You want a spoon or fork?  When you go from playing high level programs and expecting to win to worrying whether you can beat teams with losing records, well it’s not something he was putting in the water here.  At some point you have to look at results, you don’t leave one program after coaching them at a high level and go to another program and have continued success without knowing how to use a clip board.  If talent was all it took then Corbin would be eating Thanksgiving dinner early for an evening football practice next week.  Labeling him the States best is arguable, Haywood imo is the gold standard of current coaches, but Haddix is top 5 whether can be objective about it or not.
Give me a fork so I can poke it in the brains of people that think this dude is the best coach in the state where I can peer into that empty darkness. You finished my statement by saying who is the best coach in this state (Haywood, hands down), so, again, my belly is empty of dog turds for the 47th year running. Dude didn't say top 5. And Corbin ain't as talented as Boyle, and I didn't see anyone catching Johnson Central's running back from behind on his 2 or 3 bigger runs. And I also so the best talent on the field, in a Johnson Central jersey, with a #65 on it. Haddix had more talent at Corbin than this guy has. Estep is the best player I've seen at Corbin the last 15 years. This guy don't have him. He don't have the giant Sizemore who was a brute of a QB. In all honesty, JC had the best prospect on the field to play college ball, and a ton of other kids who would be starts at winning programs. I don't think they can beat BOyle, or maybe not even Franklin (I think they will), but I didn't think they'd beat Boyle 2 years ago. Boyle is head and shoulders above most anyone I've seen, and they are bigger than they have been in awhile as well. If they lose, somehow, this type of conversation is put to bed.
(11-20-2021, 01:50 PM)smoke1015 Wrote:

Give me a fork so I can poke it in the brains of people that think this dude is the best coach in the state where I can peer into that empty darkness. You finished my statement by saying who is the best coach in this state (Haywood, hands down), so, again, my belly is empty of dog turds for the 47th year running. Dude didn't say top 5. And Corbin ain't as talented as Boyle, and I didn't see anyone catching Johnson Central's running back from behind on his 2 or 3 bigger runs. And I also so the best talent on the field, in a Johnson Central jersey, with a #65 on it. Haddix had more talent at Corbin than this guy has. Estep is the best player I've seen at Corbin the last 15 years. This guy don't have him. He don't have the giant Sizemore who was a brute of a QB. In all honesty, JC had the best prospect on the field to play college ball, and a ton of other kids who would be starts at winning programs. I don't think they can beat BOyle, or maybe not even Franklin (I think they will), but I didn't think they'd beat Boyle 2 years ago. Boyle is head and shoulders above most anyone I've seen, and they are bigger than they have been in awhile as well. If they lose, somehow, this type of conversation is put to bed.

I’m not saying Haddix doesn’t have talent but did he have Belfry type talent, three or four of their lineman went on to play high major college football.  He didn’t have the talent on the line Boyle had in 17 either… You’ll never hear me argue that JC isn’t a very talented team but you don’t catch that RB with your 4.3 corner, that’s only this game playing WR and never getting thrown the ball standing on the sideline.  Maybe if you blitzed, especially on 4 and 2 plugged some holes he wouldn’t be streaking up the middle of the field.  Could Corbin have beat JC maybe, probably not but it shouldn’t have been a complete domination like Corbin didn’t have any dudes of it’s own and be at least competitive.  We agree on more than you think, should Corbin have won in 18 absolutely, who’s fault was it?  Well there’s only one man who gets to wear that headset, but do you really run him off, and expect anything better than what you’ve now got?  Corbin is a lot more talented than people realize you just didnt see it because the kids weren’t utilized to show what they had.  You see it at Boyle cause Haddix uses his talent, he may lean on a certain kid a little more but you can’t always key on him.  Something else Haddix is like 34 / 35 years old Haywood is in his 70’s and it took him 18 years at Belfry to win his first championship.  What will your opinion be of Haddix in another 20 years?  You don’t think time and experience is gonna make him even better?  Will his career be as good as Haywood’s?  He’s gotta lot of years ahead of him to make some believers out of people.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Haddix has done an awesome job following an all time legend like Chuck Smith. People forget how much great talent BC lost off the ‘19 team and really didn’t miss a beat last year.

FC had more skill talent last year but the Rebel kids took advantage and hung tough having been there.

This year he was lucky Gillis came back but who saw Lanter developing this far as a premier WR?

Lost McDaniel but is developing Bodner well.

Haddix two state losses at Corbin come down to trenches. Couldn’t win LOS in either game. Boyle was the better team in 17 and Central wins by 1 so that means it’s anybody’s game.

Just can’t get over some of the talk on here.
I didn't get to make the trip.... this was the first playoff game, home or away, that I've missed since before the 2012 season.

I didn't get to follow the game until late in the 3rd qtr.... but when I turned on WSIP 98.9, Scott was in award-winning form form the time I was able to tune in until the game was over. You could feel his emotion coming through the speakers.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed

Haddix is an outstanding coach. Yes Haywood as top is hard to argue. We lost another great one in Matney. Look also at McNamee At Pikeville. East Kentucky is loaded with top notch coaching that is why so many titles have came back to the mountains
(11-20-2021, 04:47 PM)Truewords Wrote:

Haddix is an outstanding coach. Yes Haywood as top is hard to argue. We lost another great one in Matney. Look also at McNamee At Pikeville. East Kentucky is loaded with top notch coaching that is why so many titles have came back to the mountains
I agree with everything you said except eastern Kentucky being loaded with top notch coaching. If that were true, then a handful of teams would not be dominating play in that part of the state. There are way too many first half running clocks among EKY teams in the same class for that to be an accurate statement.
(11-20-2021, 01:50 PM)smoke1015 Wrote:

Elam would be the best athlete at Corbin if they’d put him in at QB. Kid is smart and athletic
(11-20-2021, 01:48 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Well the Reedy’s, Taylor’s, Hart’s, Foley’s, Horvaths, Gilbert’s , Jones, Birds, chandlers, Jewells, Hoover’s, and the rest of the gang are happy. This is what you wanted. To me, there as much to blame and man with the headset on. But hey! At least we got one our own in there, right?

Better start buying middle school season tickets because that’s the only titles we’ll be bringing home. Unless they wanna give their input on that coaching staff too.

The 80’s music tonight was fitting, given they’ve took us back another 20 years. If I were EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU, I’D DRIVE TO EVERY PLAYERS HOUSE AND APOLOGIZE!

See ya guys after our next coaching change! It’s been fun.

I usually agree with most of your post and some of this one. Their is on name you mentioned that I disagree with. I will not list it here out of my respect for him and the fact he doesn’t do it for the praise. The passion the guy I am talking about for this program is undeniable, he gives with his heart, the emotions he displayed to my son left a mark that is everlasting today. I know first hand he didn’t want Haddix to leave, through conversation I had with Haddix on that Sunday morning he took the Boyle job this man also had conversations with him trying to help him to stay. This man also was at Justins press release at Boyle, so you are wrong about the programs biggest fan. He loves this program and every kid on it and wants nothing more but for the kids to succeed . I will defend him until the day I die for what he has done and gave to this program, and more importantly for the impression he left on my son. That is what its about to be a REDHOUND, I will discuss more with you through message or over a beer to let you in on what all he has done.
I thought the game would be a little closer but I expected Johnson Central to win the game....they just have a better program and I've thought all season that Johnson Central and Boyle County were on another level than the rest of 4A.

Also pretty shocking to read all the negative comments about the Corbin coaching staff...Im sure they have a lot of great fans but as always the vocal ones get all the attention and as happens all too often at so many places the vocal unhappy fans can make an entire fanbase look bad...if that is not a minority then not sure why anyone would want to coach there lol.
Everyone outside of Corbin expected Johnson to dominate the line of scrimmage and win this game comfortably. Like I previously stated and was laughed at, Johnson is just way to physical for Corbin. Corbin is a great team in this area but its the same thing every year. Not ready to compete with Boyle and Johnson.
“Shit we turned off the salary caps this year and couldn’t win region.”
But you did beat Whitley, Knox and were better than the 2 Laurels.
This was a great game, there’s a bright future for huff and longmire. I was very impressed with Binghams performance on Johnson central.
(11-20-2021, 06:58 PM)footballfever Wrote: “Shit we turned off the salary caps this year and couldn’t win region.”
But you did beat Whitley, Knox and were better than the 2 Laurels.

Goals buddy, goals. It’s not about being the best, its about being the best in the tri counties.

(11-20-2021, 06:32 PM)PHSFAN Wrote: I thought the game would be a little closer but I expected Johnson Central to win the game....they just have a better program and I've thought all season that Johnson Central and Boyle County were on another level than the rest of 4A.

Also pretty shocking to read all the negative comments about the Corbin coaching staff...Im sure they have a lot of great fans but as always the vocal ones get all the attention and as happens all too often at so many places the vocal unhappy fans can make an entire fanbase look bad...if that is not a minority then not sure why anyone would want to coach there lol.

If being a passionate fan base means we are running off good coaches then they should stay away. We are passionate fans that have expectations and if you don’t think the shoe fits then stay in the kiddie isle. Men’s isle is to the left, we will pay top dollar for a coach that will hold there ground, not a coach that wont look you in the eyes at the depot, because they know they screwed your child over.

(11-20-2021, 06:32 PM)PHSFAN Wrote: I thought the game would be a little closer but I expected Johnson Central to win the game....they just have a better program and I've thought all season that Johnson Central and Boyle County were on another level than the rest of 4A.

If being a passionate fan base means we are running off good coaches then they should stay away. We are passionate fans that have expectations and if you don’t think the shoe fits then stay in the kiddie isle. Men’s isle is to the left, we will pay top dollar for a coach that will hold there ground, not a coach that wont look you in the eyes at the depot, because they know they don’t have the balls to look you in the eyes.

Trade ya?????
Seriously, no disrespect just some fodder for thought.......I wondered what brining in players from rival schools does to team chemistry, football is a brotherhood, I've often wondered how much good/damage it does to team chemistry when an athlete arrives from another school and bumps your brother out of playing time.  Is winning at all cost more important than the lifelong relationships and building a tradition within your community and winning together, you know a quote that I think I saw here in this forum last week applies, "dance with the one who brought you"