Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Johnson Central 34 Corbin 13
I hate to say I told you so, but....
[-] The following 2 users Like jamesclay's post:
  • Diogenes, WhomTheBellTolls
Way to go Johnson Central! Pass me some crow.
Until you play a team that gets off the ball fast and hits you in the mouth, sometimes you’re just not prepared for it. Corbin had out athleted teams all year but hadn’t played a team like JC all year and it showed tonight. Corbin should’ve scheduled a team like Belfry to prepare them for JC. Congrats to JC, keep playing hard, physical, mountain football and who knows how the season may play out.
[-] The following 2 users Like Micro-Brew's post:
  • Diogenes, VELVET CLOSER
All Corbin players are welcome to come to Goldbug where you'll be appreciated.
WOW !!
Central is a great team and was the better team tonight. I think Corbin beat themselves but you have to give credit where it was due. From the stands, you can slow down the defense. Every 3rd play goes to the first back. The other goes to the second. Corbin failed to realize this and it cost them.

Corbin moved the ball at will but didn’t know what to do with it when it counted. You have the best running back in the state of Kentucky (and he is) who gets a first down dang near every time he touches the ball and fail to give it to him inside the 10 on two separate occasions. You have two 4 star receivers and rarely use them. Dakota had a great catch tonight but the post to Longmire is the moneymaker. Nobody on that field can keep with him stride for stride. You should take the top off with him no less than 3 times per game. Hell, the best receiver rarely played offense this year and maybe your best overall player wasn’t in on offense tonight. Total choke job by the staff tonight. I’ve not seen such horrendous coaching in my 47 years.

Corbin’s “good ol boys” just cannot stand when someone not from their precious little bubble has success. Whitaker? Haddix? Both were ran out on a rail. Haddix would have won it all this year and probably even last year. I don’t know who these good ol boys are, maybe the varsity club but they need gone.
[-] The following 2 users Like Corbin's post:
  • Old School Hound, OldJacket
(11-20-2021, 12:07 AM)HOFER Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 12:02 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Same **** different year. Corbin can't win the big game. I thought yall said Coach Greer was a defensive guru. Lol...This is all Karma coming back for the way they did Justin Haddix...he's still winning and Corbin season ends. Absolutely DOMINATED!!!
I try to understand the whole Tommy Greer defensive mastermind thing. I get roasted any time I bring it up on here. If I had to pick one word to describe what I just watched its Outcoached. Both sides of the ball.
You're 1000% correct. I mentioned that they need Cotton or Dudley. All the talent was definitely not utilized.
All that said, go win state Eagles! Best of luck and I’m pulling for you.
(11-20-2021, 12:08 AM)maximus73 Wrote: Ground and pound baby, controlled the clock and the game, Defense really stepped up. Super job Eagles

Definitely a great effort from your team.
(11-20-2021, 12:19 AM)BackinBlack Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 12:11 AM)Hound05 Wrote: I love talking to everyone of you all. But until the Corbin administration realizes how dämn stupid they were letting haddix go, then gets rid of the Greer, Mills, and probably Elam. I’m
Done. Greer made no adjustments at the half. None. Elam ran his first half offense with 10’min left to go. Mills breeded toxic atmosphere with his kid. TELL ME THATS NOT TRUE! We just kept it under our breath all year. These kids were robbed, by these men. Plain and simple. The old guard got exactly what they deserved. Taken back 10 years. I’ll save my time and my donations.

It’ll be the same thing next year too if the same coaching staff are on. Talent galore with a district championship and a season full of cupcakes

CONGRATS JOHNSON CENTRAL. YOU ALL DESERVED TO WIN WITH THE CRAP WE CALLED. and probably by more

3 months ago after that Franklin Co win you all were praising these same ppl. Give it a couple days before wanting to clean house. Maybe that’s was the same knee jerk reaction that run Haddix outta town!

You're wrong on that. Several of their fans have been complaining all year while they were winning. They are close to the program and knew what some of the coaches were up to.
(11-20-2021, 12:19 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: JC is a very fundamentally sound football team. They deserve the accolades. If anything was underestimated it was the ineptitude of Corbin's coaches. Poor decision-making, zero adjustments, and woeful playcalling.  I was  fresh out of high school the last time Corbin won a state title and now I'm soon to be drawing social security.

Johnson Central definitely took control and earned this win, but the play calling from Corbin coaches was lackluster.
(11-20-2021, 01:02 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 12:07 AM)HOFER Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 12:02 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Same **** different year. Corbin can't win the big game. I thought yall said Coach Greer was a defensive guru. Lol...This is all Karma coming back for the way they did Justin Haddix...he's still winning and Corbin season ends. Absolutely DOMINATED!!!
I try to understand the whole Tommy Greer defensive mastermind thing. I get roasted any time I bring it up on here. If I had to pick one word to describe what I just watched its Outcoached. Both sides of the ball.
You're 1000% correct. I mentioned that they need Cotton or Dudley. All the talent was definitely not utilized.

No doubt, Cousin pjd .  As poor a job of utilizing talent that I have witnessed in fifty years of watching HS football.
(11-20-2021, 12:37 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 12:19 AM)BackinBlack Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 12:11 AM)Hound05 Wrote: I love talking to everyone of you all. But until the Corbin administration realizes how dämn stupid they were letting haddix go, then gets rid of the Greer, Mills, and probably Elam. I’m
Done. Greer made no adjustments at the half. None. Elam ran his first half offense with 10’min left to go. Mills breeded toxic atmosphere with his kid. TELL ME THATS NOT TRUE! We just kept it under our breath all year. These kids were robbed, by these men. Plain and simple. The old guard got exactly what they deserved. Taken back 10 years. I’ll save my time and my donations.

It’ll be the same thing next year too if the same coaching staff are on. Talent galore with a district championship and a season full of cupcakes

CONGRATS JOHNSON CENTRAL. YOU ALL DESERVED TO WIN WITH THE CRAP WE CALLED. and probably by more

3 months ago after that Franklin Co win you all were praising these same ppl. Give it a couple days before wanting to clean house. Maybe that’s was the same knee jerk reaction that run Haddix outta town!
No. Don’t include me in that. Find a post. Please. And no, I was haddixntrain from the get go
Knew it from the start that “having” Haddix leave this program was going down here
(11-20-2021, 01:10 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 12:19 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: JC is a very fundamentally sound football team. They deserve the accolades. If anything was underestimated it was the ineptitude of Corbin's coaches. Poor decision-making, zero adjustments, and woeful playcalling.  I was  fresh out of high school the last time Corbin won a state title and now I'm soon to be drawing social security.

Johnson Central definitely took control and earned this win, but the play calling from Corbin coaches was lackluster.

Lackluster???  You are being very kind, Dougie.  It was abyssmal.
Congratulations to Johnson Central. As a poster on BGR that puts alot of stuff on here. I cant put sometimes my true feelings on here because the kids read it. I had to maintain that we would win the game last week on my post and threads to keep them pumped up. Theres alot of us who knew that this could most likely be our last game due to the lack of adjustments and especially on defense. Johnson Central is a championship program and has been for a while now. I knew this would be a tight game. I heard all week we were making adjustments on defense. So I was hoping we would see it tonight. Johnson is loaded with talent and they play very well. I saw lots of big runs and nice defensive plays and I will give credit to there defensive coaches because they truly held Corbin to 13 points. Offensively we knew how good they were, no secret there. But you just cant play a team like Johnson with the defensive scheme that was presented. No doubt, it was better than weeks past but we who talk about the adjustments that should have been made and they wasn't. Johnson Central did a awesome job on offense and they played hard. They just have a plan that works and stuck to there plan. Corbin tonight was doing stuff that was just not Corbin. We had for instance Mills one of the best offensive threats in the state not playing offense tonight and on the sideline. But he was playing defense only. Mills should have been on the offensive side of the ball the whole night. But this is just the start of ranting. Good luck Johnson Central!!!! Keep playing for Mr. Matney!! Keep the faith!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Granny Bear
FC coach didn’t want you all either, seen through that mess quickly!
(11-20-2021, 12:33 AM)Ogre Wrote: It is my understanding that the hiring committee wanted the FC coach, it was the Good Ole Boys that didn’t listen to the committee and made the decision.

The committee picked Greer, not anyone else.
Congrats JC on the win, IMO Corbin’s schedule finally caught up with them.
(11-20-2021, 12:52 AM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote: Really no surprise here for me. JC was the far superior team all year and Corbin as always was untested throughout the year.

Corbin hasn’t won a thing since Moby Dick was a minnow and every year they dominate this message board. Maybe next year Redhounds … Until then enjoy watching Haddix at Commonwealth … again.

PS Dougie Boy told ya so ???

Corbin untested throughout the year As Always is one of the most idiotic  comments I've seen or heard in my life. lol.. P.S I'm not a Corbin fan.
(11-20-2021, 01:16 AM)The Outsider Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 12:33 AM)Ogre Wrote: It is my understanding that the hiring committee wanted the FC coach, it was the Good Ole Boys that didn’t listen to the committee and made the decision.

The committee picked Greer, not anyone else.

Eff the committee ,  eff the VC .  Almost forty freaking years!!!      1982 .....   Madonna was Like a Virgin back then.
[-] The following 3 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Rebel55, TD Hounds
WOW! Way to go JC
Corbin had a really good team, but let's be honest, they struggled in several games being able to stop the other teams' offensively. Those teams were not of the caliber of Johnson Central, so it shouldn't be too much of a surprise that they lost to a team that was much more physical, who were fundamentally sound, extremely motivated, very talented and prepared. You just have to tip your hat and say that the better TEAM won.
Jc O-line has to be a top 5 all time line in the state. They made work with corbins front and they are no joke. I’m sure going forward we don’t get respect it’s been that way since 2015, more than likely Boyle or heck even Franklin will be the “favorite” but I just find it hard to believe there’s a defense that can slow us down. Someone stated earlier this week Dylan Preston was %75 of their problem last year and he was gone…. Well like I said we have 4-5 backs including the qb that has the ability to go off at any given time. #6,#20,#48,#1,#11, yardage don’t lie.
(11-20-2021, 01:15 AM)FCSPY Wrote: FC coach didn’t want you all either, seen through that mess quickly!

He apparantly didnt want that mess there either..........
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Diogenes, Gold River
(11-20-2021, 01:15 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Congratulations to Johnson Central. As a poster on BGR that puts alot of stuff on here. I cant put sometimes my true feelings on here because the kids read it. I had to maintain that we would win the game last week on my post and threads to keep them pumped up. Theres alot of us who knew that this could most likely be our last game due to the lack of adjustments and especially on defense. Johnson Central is a championship program and has been for a while now. I knew this would be a tight game. I heard all week we were making adjustments on defense. So I was hoping we would see it tonight. Johnson is loaded with talent and they play very well. I saw lots of big runs and nice defensive plays and I will give credit to there defensive coaches because they truly held Corbin to 13 points. Offensively we knew how good they were, no secret there. But you just cant play a team like Johnson with the defensive scheme that was presented. No doubt, it was better than weeks past but we who talk about the adjustments that should have been made and they wasn't. Johnson Central did a awesome job on offense and they played hard. They just have a plan that works and stuck to there plan. Corbin tonight was doing stuff that was just not Corbin. We had for instance Mills one of the best offensive threats in the state not playing offense tonight and on the sideline. But he was playing defense only. Mills should have been on the offensive side of the ball the whole night. But this is just the start of ranting. Good luck Johnson Central!!!! Keep playing for Mr. Matney!! Keep the faith!!!

I thought that Mills must have been hurt since he wasn't involved offensively.  He has been Corbin's biggest offensive threat the last 2 seasons and has to get 10-12 touches a game because he is liable to score anytime he touches the ball.
(11-20-2021, 01:25 AM)Gold River Wrote: Jc O-line has to be a top 5 all time line in the state. They made work with corbins front and they are no joke. I’m sure going forward we don’t get respect it’s been that way since 2015, more than likely Boyle or heck even Franklin will be the “favorite” but I just find it hard to believe there’s a defense that can slow us down. Someone stated earlier this week Dylan Preston was %75 of their problem last year and he was gone…. Well like I said we have 4-5 backs including the qb that has the ability to go off at any given time. #6,#20,#48,#1,#11, yardage don’t lie.

Corbin doesn't have a defensive coach that can watch film and see how to stop JC. Franklin and Boyle does and thats why they make closer games with Johnson Central.
Congrats Corbin on a great season.
As I mentioned on the pre game thread. Central needed to dominate TOP and they did. I was doubting this JC team and they proved me wrong and I’m glad they did. JC plays a different brand of football and it shows. Football games are won in the trenches and those big hogs on both sides of the ball is really the big factor in JC’s Dominant 6-7 past years.
Good luck Golden Eagles. Make Johnson County proud! #BackInBlack
This is the result of playing a weak schedule and not being challenged when it doesn't matter. Also, Corbin probably wins this game with Haddix at the helm.
Well the Reedy’s, Taylor’s, Hart’s, Foley’s, Horvaths, Gilbert’s , Jones, Birds, chandlers, Jewells, Hoover’s, and the rest of the gang are happy. This is what you wanted. To me, there as much to blame and man with the headset on. But hey! At least we got one our own in there, right?

Better start buying middle school season tickets because that’s the only titles we’ll be bringing home. Unless they wanna give their input on that coaching staff too.

The 80’s music tonight was fitting, given they’ve took us back another 20 years. If I were EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU, I’D DRIVE TO EVERY PLAYERS HOUSE AND APOLOGIZE!

See ya guys after our next coaching change! It’s been fun.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • HOFER
(11-20-2021, 12:34 AM)THOMCAT Wrote: To all the Corbin fans that ran their pieholes and wanted Central fans to comment last week we were busy practicing. You run your mouth better than you run the ball. Full basketball practice starts Monday.

A little harsh, but Central was focused all week for this game. Most of the week’s comments were just confidence from fans. We were concerned with Corbin’s speed, and how to contain.
Very few teams can replicate in practice Central’s physically, especially our O line. Although our offense seems simple and easy to defend, it’s a potent and requires discipline and timing… these kids know this offense and have practiced it basically from grade school.
I posted this week about how our offense line with, Grant Bingham anchoring it, would give the Hounds big problems, and our QB that doesn’t make mistakes, doesn’t get rattled, and makes the right reads.

Central will have to replace a coaching legend, and it will be crucial for us to make the right coaching hire. Reading Corbin fans posts it really is concerning.
[-] The following 1 user Likes German Eye's post:
  • Diogenes