Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
50.00%
Corbin
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/19 4A 3rd Round Playoffs
(11-17-2021, 12:45 PM)GroundNPound Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 12:42 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 09:32 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Well NOW I'm hungry!!  Thank you!!

I will repeat my prediction made earlier in this thread.  This will be the best game of the entire season, and there's no way anyone can predict what will happen.  It shouldn't surprise anyone, who wins or by the margin.  I love this so much!!!  Children, it's why we play the game!!

I just hope and pray for an injury free game and that each player gives 100% and play their very best game!!  Because by the end of the game, some great players won't be playing anymore.

Oh and Bull.....10 pounds???  Your son's hands weighs more than 10 pounds!!!

Safe travels everyone!  The fans need to do their best too.  These kids deserve no less!!

Last year was definitely not A+ in that regard.   Corbin hasn't forgotten.

What happened last year?

As a Johnson Central fan, you shouldn’t have to put on the act like you don’t know…..
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, Hound05, Old School Hound
why is everyone avoiding the question about what happened last year .. if it’s that obvious just say what happened
(11-17-2021, 01:06 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 11:16 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 11:07 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 09:56 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 09:24 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: And I am just ruffling Running Wild's feathers. Smile 

I will say this to those, including Running Wild, who say that Corbin has too many athletes for Johnson Central to match up with - my opinion of athletes must not be the same as yours. IMO, outstanding wrestlers are outstanding athletes because there are few sports that require the agility, strength, endurance, and quickness that wrestling does. Johnson Central's football roster is loaded with wrestlers who are considered legitimate contenders for individual state wrestling titles. 

I was a member of Johnson Central's first wrestling team and I can tell you from first-hand experience that if you are matched against a superior athlete, the six minutes of a wrestling match are the longest six minutes in sports. If you have ever spent two minutes on a wrestling mat bridging to avoid getting pinned, then you have probably experienced the longest two minutes in sports.

I believe that those who assume that Corbin has a big edge in athleticism are underestimating next week's opponent. There is more to athleticism than raw speed, although raw speed is definitely an important component of what it means to be an athlete. Wrestling, weight lifting, and physical conditioning have formed the foundation of Johnson Central's football program since Jim Matney arrived at the school, and hopefully, his legacy will continue in both sports in the future.

I think what Matney has done is hard to put into words. But the hearts of many from years to come will be thankful for what he has built there. I can appreciate it as a fan of the game. I shed my fair share of tears..... I got a big heart and it still bothers me. The Corbin faithful I talk to knows how good Johnson Central is and by no means are we underestimating them. We surely have not forgotten the game just a year ago.... I wouldn't underestimate Corbins athleticism either, just because we don't have a wrestling team, but I'm hearing its coming, doesnt mean we couldnt compete. We got some dudes that I would put up against anyone.
I'm not trying to make the case that Johnson Central has a more athletic team than Corbin and I haven't read posts by any JC fan making that argument. I'm also not sure if any of the posters who have claimed that Corbin has too many athletes for Johnson Central to compete with are actually Corbin fans. I just wanted to point out what should be obvious and that is that JC is a very athletic team. For some reason, every year there are a few people who make the same claim about the alleged lack of athleticism of the Golden Eagles' players.

I hope that the Redhounds' fans, players, and coaching staff believe that Corbin is a three-touchdown favorite Friday night. It would also be helpful if the Corbin principal, superintendent, and/or mayor would publically disparage Johnson Countians' math skills before the game.  Smile
Coming from true Corbin fans, I assure you our team , coaches and hell even the mayor isn’t overlooking JC. This is a heavy weight bout  Shame this isn’t a state championship game.

You need a new mayor.
I kinda like our new mayor. Lol. Better than the last
(11-17-2021, 02:23 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 01:06 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 11:16 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 09:56 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I think what Matney has done is hard to put into words. But the hearts of many from years to come will be thankful for what he has built there. I can appreciate it as a fan of the game. I shed my fair share of tears..... I got a big heart and it still bothers me. The Corbin faithful I talk to knows how good Johnson Central is and by no means are we underestimating them. We surely have not forgotten the game just a year ago.... I wouldn't underestimate Corbins athleticism either, just because we don't have a wrestling team, but I'm hearing its coming, doesnt mean we couldnt compete. We got some dudes that I would put up against anyone.
I'm not trying to make the case that Johnson Central has a more athletic team than Corbin and I haven't read posts by any JC fan making that argument. I'm also not sure if any of the posters who have claimed that Corbin has too many athletes for Johnson Central to compete with are actually Corbin fans. I just wanted to point out what should be obvious and that is that JC is a very athletic team. For some reason, every year there are a few people who make the same claim about the alleged lack of athleticism of the Golden Eagles' players.

I hope that the Redhounds' fans, players, and coaching staff believe that Corbin is a three-touchdown favorite Friday night. It would also be helpful if the Corbin principal, superintendent, and/or mayor would publically disparage Johnson Countians' math skills before the game.  Smile
Coming from true Corbin fans, I assure you our team , coaches and hell even the mayor isn’t overlooking JC. This is a heavy weight bout  Shame this isn’t a state championship game.

You need a new mayor.
I kinda like our new mayor. Lol. Better than the last

I wouldn't give a nickel for either one Smile
(11-17-2021, 12:25 PM)jamesclay Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 12:21 AM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 09:56 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 09:24 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: And I am just ruffling Running Wild's feathers. Smile 

I will say this to those, including Running Wild, who say that Corbin has too many athletes for Johnson Central to match up with - my opinion of athletes must not be the same as yours. IMO, outstanding wrestlers are outstanding athletes because there are few sports that require the agility, strength, endurance, and quickness that wrestling does. Johnson Central's football roster is loaded with wrestlers who are considered legitimate contenders for individual state wrestling titles. 

I was a member of Johnson Central's first wrestling team and I can tell you from first-hand experience that if you are matched against a superior athlete, the six minutes of a wrestling match are the longest six minutes in sports. If you have ever spent two minutes on a wrestling mat bridging to avoid getting pinned, then you have probably experienced the longest two minutes in sports.

I believe that those who assume that Corbin has a big edge in athleticism are underestimating next week's opponent. There is more to athleticism than raw speed, although raw speed is definitely an important component of what it means to be an athlete. Wrestling, weight lifting, and physical conditioning have formed the foundation of Johnson Central's football program since Jim Matney arrived at the school, and hopefully, his legacy will continue in both sports in the future.

I think what Matney has done is hard to put into words. But the hearts of many from years to come will be thankful for what he has built there. I can appreciate it as a fan of the game. I shed my fair share of tears..... I got a big heart and it still bothers me. The Corbin faithful I talk to knows how good Johnson Central is and by no means are we underestimating them. We surely have not forgotten the game just a year ago.... I wouldn't underestimate Corbins athleticism either, just because we don't have a wrestling team, but I'm hearing its coming, doesnt mean we couldnt compete. We got some dudes that I would put up against anyone.

What about the staff at King Buffett off exit 25?

(11-17-2021, 01:14 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 11:25 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: This game could be the best game in the mountains Friday night, if you consider Corbin in the mountains. I’d love to be at this game. Good luck to both teams but pulling hard for the Golden Eagles. Would love to see them make this is a special season due to the circumstances. But Corbin may be too much this year, but hey I bet Johnson Central will show up Friday night ready to throw down.

Corbin is definitely in the mountains more than Paintsville is in the mountains.

This is your worst take yet  Huh

I stated facts. if I kept getting dumber with each comment like you do I'd remain silent to appear smarter.
Please stop bickering about things and post on the subject matter: the game!!

I don't want to have to close this thread but one more personal insult, and we're gonna have some trouble.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Hound05
(11-17-2021, 03:27 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Please stop bickering about things and post on the subject matter:  the game!!

I don't want to have to close this thread but one more personal insult, and we're gonna have some trouble.

I wasn’t involved this time  Angel

(11-17-2021, 03:23 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 12:25 PM)jamesclay Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 12:21 AM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 09:56 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I think what Matney has done is hard to put into words. But the hearts of many from years to come will be thankful for what he has built there. I can appreciate it as a fan of the game. I shed my fair share of tears..... I got a big heart and it still bothers me. The Corbin faithful I talk to knows how good Johnson Central is and by no means are we underestimating them. We surely have not forgotten the game just a year ago.... I wouldn't underestimate Corbins athleticism either, just because we don't have a wrestling team, but I'm hearing its coming, doesnt mean we couldnt compete. We got some dudes that I would put up against anyone.

What about the staff at King Buffett off exit 25?

(11-17-2021, 01:14 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 11:25 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: This game could be the best game in the mountains Friday night, if you consider Corbin in the mountains. I’d love to be at this game. Good luck to both teams but pulling hard for the Golden Eagles. Would love to see them make this is a special season due to the circumstances. But Corbin may be too much this year, but hey I bet Johnson Central will show up Friday night ready to throw down.

Corbin is definitely in the mountains more than Paintsville is in the mountains.

This is your worst take yet  Huh

I stated facts. if I kept getting dumber with each comment like you do I'd remain silent to appear smarter.

Big Grin Did you just say something about remaining silent?
Johnson central won last year 28-14. Every year is different. This one is a toss up. I picked jc earlier but after looking at stats I have a hard time picking either team. The only thing that matters is the players play with alot of heart and represent their schooling with honor and both teams come out injury free. Good luck to both teams Friday night
(11-17-2021, 12:17 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 03:02 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 01:58 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Places to eat that are close. Walking distance.

The depot on main. Steaks, chicken, hamburgers, appetizers. Some bar food.

Austin city (personal favorite). BBQ, chicken, steaks, hamburgers, more bar food

The wrigley. Look online at their menu.

Sweeties. Dessert, ice cream. Really good!

Si senior. Mexican food.

Further out off exit 25.

Brooklyn brothers. Really got pizza. Italian food.

Bubbys BBQ. Buffet as well.

Applebee’s. If you’re to lazy to cook your own frozen stuff! Haha.

Off exit 29.

David’s steak house. Has buffet as well

Sonnys BBQ.

Cracker Barrel

Smokey bears. BBQ.

Parking wise. Good luck. But you can always park in depot st. Next street over from
Main st. A lot of parking there. And only about a 5-10 min walk to stadium.

Smokey Bear's has the best barbecue in Corbin, but Bubby's has barbecue, catfish, fried chicken along with other meats and great sides on the all you can eat buffet. I think their dessert is mediocre.  David's Steakhouse is another good buffet with fried chicken and steak on the bar.    Wrigley Taproom has one of the best chefs in the state. She has great burgers , craft beers and other farm to fork creations. I wish Si Senor was a little closer to the game , I'd visit Imer then walk on over to the game. Santa Fe is another good Mexican restaurant that brings you bean dip and salsa and chips  before your meal. if you like Chinese. Wah Weng is one of the best. I've never tried Austin City, The Depot or Shep's Place.

Never really understood why Bubby's has never upgraded their dessert choices. They have really good catfish but just not much in the way of quality desserts. You are right; it is extremely mediocre. If they would hire a lady like Hillbilly's in B'Ville had to make homemade cakes and pies they would be able to charge another 3 or 4 dollars for their buffet and would do exceptional.
Before my wife started her little side business, she kept saying that. Somewhere right there close to the post office and have a deck built up so people can see the action and have a beer. Bad thing is. All the angles there, wherever you put it, you would constantly be blocked at one point by the bleachers.
Last years game not as close as score indicated.. JC was very sound on them.. This year I think its a truly close game.
(11-17-2021, 03:27 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Please stop bickering about things and post on the subject matter:  the game!!

But I 100% agree with him!!!

bubbys dessert is mediocre at best… hahah
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Granny Bear
(11-17-2021, 04:45 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Last years game not as close as score indicated.. JC was very sound on them.. This year I think its a truly close game.
Yea I’m sorry. But that’s just not true. Please explain?
https://www.wsipfm.com/the-coach-jim-matney-show/

If any of the fans want to listen, It was prerecorded I think for last night but pushed to tonight because of the U.K. Ballgame that was aired last night. I think it starts at 7:00. Appreciate my JC friends. I enjoy talking to you all and at the end of the day we are all Kentucky boys who love our football teams and our boys!!! I think we all have been classy on here and I thank all of you for being good sports about ruffling each others feathers a little. Just shows you how much we support our teams.

More coffee please. ?
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Granny Bear, pjdoug
https://www.google.com/maps/@36.9489528,...!1e3?hl=en

Old guy directed me in Johnson Central last year and I appreciated that and all the hospitality they gave me pregame!!! Here is the map. Hope this helps.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Old guy
If Johnson Central can keep Corbin’s Defense on the field and control at least 65% of the TOP they will win this game. Saying it’s one thing and going and doing it’s another… as bad as I hate to say it I think Corbin might be a the true 2nd best team in 4A (Behind Boyle) and will probably win this game with their high potent offense.

JC - 21
Corbin - 35
(11-17-2021, 07:53 PM)MountainMamba Wrote: If Johnson Central can keep Corbin’s Defense on the field and control at least 65% of the TOP they will win this game. Saying it’s one thing and going and doing it’s another… as bad as I hate to say it I think Corbin might be a the true 2nd best team in 4A (Behind Boyle) and will probably win this game with their high potent offense.

JC - 21
Corbin - 35
Thats the way I see it too, if Greer allows Johnson Central to do what they did last year, we are in for a long day. If our offense gets going, Johnson Central is in for a long day. Maybe we are both in for a long night Woah. Going to be fun Smile
(11-17-2021, 07:23 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: https://www.google.com/maps/@36.9489528,...!1e3?hl=en

Old guy directed me in Johnson Central last year and I appreciated that and all the hospitality they gave me pregame!!! Here is the map. Hope this helps.

I am just a football fan. I like the games the crowd and the competition. After this season, I know that it truly is just a game. Hope for a good hard fought game with no injuries. See you all in Hound Town.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old guy's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
We will determine how good Boyle is when we figure out who plays them if they dont get upset and this side of the bracket is all worked out. I really hope its Corbin and Boyle. I want to see the matchups.

(11-17-2021, 05:25 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: https://www.wsipfm.com/the-coach-jim-matney-show/

If any of the fans want to listen, It was prerecorded I think for last night but pushed to tonight because of the U.K. Ballgame that was aired last night. I think it starts at 7:00. Appreciate my JC friends. I enjoy talking to you all and at the end of the day we are all Kentucky boys who love our football teams and our boys!!! I think we all have been classy on here and I thank all of you for being good sports about ruffling each others feathers a little. Just shows you how much we support our teams.

More coffee please. ?

Its on at 6:00, right now.
(11-17-2021, 08:00 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 07:53 PM)MountainMamba Wrote: If Johnson Central can keep Corbin’s Defense on the field and control at least 65% of the TOP they will win this game. Saying it’s one thing and going and doing it’s another… as bad as I hate to say it I think Corbin might be a the true 2nd best team in 4A (Behind Boyle) and will probably win this game with their high potent offense.

JC - 21
Corbin - 35
Thats the way I see it too, if Greer allows Johnson Central to do what they did last year, we are in for a long day. If our offense gets going, Johnson Central is in for a long day. Maybe we are both in for a long night Woah. Going to be fun Smile
I’m just not sure JC has the Secondary to matchup with Corbin. Hope I’m wrong but a man can wish.
(11-17-2021, 05:25 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: https://www.wsipfm.com/the-coach-jim-matney-show/

More coffee please. ?
I tried to listen live. But it’s just music. Maybe I’m doing it wrong?
I apologize, it was actually at 6 pm instead of 7, I caught half of it myself. I would like to listen to it if anyone has it, post it on here.
  • Hound05
Me as
Well
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
Moodsetter.

[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hoot Gibson, Sgt Slaughter
I listened to JC coaches interview. Absolute class act. Very humble guy. Complemented Corbin often. Don’t know your coach , but he’s earned my respect.

(11-17-2021, 10:21 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Moodsetter.

Heck yea !
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-17-2021, 08:41 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Sheps closed. I loved their pizza. They had really good food. It surprised me when they closed. Austin city has those 1 lb potatoes with either chicken, steak, or pork in it with cheese ans some other stuff that’s awesome.  Their Philly is good too. Haven’t ate depot in a while, but got a steak there last time and it was very good. But you’re right Si senior is the best Mexican restaurant. Doug you ever had sweeties? They’ve got homemade donuts and ice cream that’s killer.

I didn't even know that. I like a big baked potato. The Brick Oven in Williamsburg has good pizza. I've not been to Sweetie's yet. is the Puerto Rican place called El Placer still in business? or Travis Cafe?
(11-17-2021, 04:23 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 12:17 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 03:02 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 01:58 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Places to eat that are close. Walking distance.

The depot on main. Steaks, chicken, hamburgers, appetizers. Some bar food.

Austin city (personal favorite). BBQ, chicken, steaks, hamburgers, more bar food

The wrigley. Look online at their menu.

Sweeties. Dessert, ice cream. Really good!

Si senior. Mexican food.

Further out off exit 25.

Brooklyn brothers. Really got pizza. Italian food.

Bubbys BBQ. Buffet as well.

Applebee’s. If you’re to lazy to cook your own frozen stuff! Haha.

Off exit 29.

David’s steak house. Has buffet as well

Sonnys BBQ.

Cracker Barrel

Smokey bears. BBQ.

Parking wise. Good luck. But you can always park in depot st. Next street over from
Main st. A lot of parking there. And only about a 5-10 min walk to stadium.

Smokey Bear's has the best barbecue in Corbin, but Bubby's has barbecue, catfish, fried chicken along with other meats and great sides on the all you can eat buffet. I think their dessert is mediocre.  David's Steakhouse is another good buffet with fried chicken and steak on the bar.    Wrigley Taproom has one of the best chefs in the state. She has great burgers , craft beers and other farm to fork creations. I wish Si Senor was a little closer to the game , I'd visit Imer then walk on over to the game. Santa Fe is another good Mexican restaurant that brings you bean dip and salsa and chips  before your meal. if you like Chinese. Wah Weng is one of the best. I've never tried Austin City, The Depot or Shep's Place.

Never really understood why Bubby's has never upgraded their dessert choices. They have really good catfish but just not much in the way of quality desserts. You are right; it is extremely mediocre. If they would hire a lady like Hillbilly's in B'Ville had to make homemade cakes and pies they would be able to charge another 3 or 4 dollars for their buffet and would do exceptional.
Before my wife started her little side business, she kept saying that. Somewhere right there close to the post office and have a deck built up so people can see the action and have a beer. Bad thing is. All the angles there, wherever you put it, you would constantly be blocked at one point by the bleachers.

build a tower and have coin operated telescopes. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Hound05
(11-17-2021, 04:48 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

But I 100% agree with him!!!

bubbys dessert is mediocre at best… hahah

Smile
Hows parking in Corbin, if I decide to come to the game is their plenty or should I plan on getting there early, I know this will be a packed house.
(11-17-2021, 11:24 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote: Hows parking in Corbin, if I decide to come to the game is their plenty or should I plan on getting there early, I know this will be a packed house.

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.9489528,...!1e3?hl=en
  • pjdoug
(11-17-2021, 08:08 PM)Old guy Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 07:23 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: https://www.google.com/maps/@36.9489528,...!1e3?hl=en

I am just a football fan. I like the games the crowd and the competition. After this season, I know that it truly is just a game. Hope for a good hard fought game with no injuries. See you all in Hound Town.

You're like me ,and some people are too serious. if you take the fun out of it, then it just ain't worth it. I can't think right now. Has Johnson Central played at Corbin? I remember my Colonels used to play Johnson Central when Matney took over as head coach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next