Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 28 Paintsville 14
Final
Way to go Rams!
Congratulations to the Rams.
Tigers had their chances.

Hope the Raceland QB is okay.
Fumble on the goal line was a heart breaker. Get that TD and it’s a 7pt game with six minutes left.

Raceland has a 1A championship caliber defense.

Good luck Rams. For my money there’s one team left that can keep you from your dreams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • Redneck
Thanks for the memories Tiger Seniors:

Baker, Davis, Preece, Sexton, Taylor and Hardin. Been a pleasure. Hold your heads up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • jetpilot
(11-13-2021, 12:05 AM)2000PHS Wrote: Fumble on the goal line was a heart breaker. Get that TD and it’s a 7pt game with six minutes left.

Good luck Rams. For my money there’s one team left that can keep you from your dreams.
Agreed.

Pikeville is the only team left that can beat Raceland. The top 3-4 teams in Class A are all in Eastern Kentucky IMO. Pikeville, Raceland, Paintsville & Hazard.
Tigers had alot of opportunities in this game but shot themselves in the foot with penalties. Seems like half the times they converted a 1st on 3rd&5 it would get called back. That Rams defense is tough. They really owned the LoS tonight. I don't think they've got what it takes to beat Pikeville, but that's why they play the game. Good season, Tigers. Keep your heads up.
(11-13-2021, 12:08 AM)Redneck Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 12:05 AM)2000PHS Wrote: Fumble on the goal line was a heart breaker. Get that TD and it’s a 7pt game with six minutes left.

Agreed.

Pikeville is the only team left that can beat Raceland. The top 3-4 teams in Class A are all in Eastern Kentucky IMO. Pikeville, Raceland, Paintsville & Hazard.

(11-13-2021, 12:17 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote:

Agreed.

Agree with this. Hate that 2 of quite possibly the better 4 teams remaining have to go home tonight. Congrats to Raceland and a big tip of the hat to the Paintsville seniors, you guys have had an awesome career. One runner up and one state title. That can never be taken away from you guys.
[-] The following 3 users Like Micro-Brew's post:
  • jetpilot, Patriot1, Redneck

Agreed.

Agreed.

Agree with this. Hate that 2 of quite possibly the better 4 teams remaining have to go home tonight. Congrats to Raceland and a big tip of the hat to the Paintsville seniors, you guys have had an awesome career. One runner up and one state title. That can never be taken away from you guys.

I agree. I’m alright seeing those matchups in round 3. The cross district matchups is the only way to go.
(11-13-2021, 12:55 AM)bac2369 Wrote:

Agreed.

Agreed.

I agree. I’m alright seeing those matchups in round 3. The cross district matchups is the only way to go.
Are changes coming next year to the playoffs format?
(11-13-2021, 12:57 AM)2000PHS Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 12:55 AM)bac2369 Wrote:

Agreed.

(11-13-2021, 12:08 AM)Redneck Wrote: Agreed.

Are changes coming next year to the playoffs format?

I can’t remember if it’s next year or next re alignment. Maybe someone else knows.
Congratulations Raceland!!!
All i know is there is likely going to be a Blow out in the state title game and what the regional championships used to be, were played tonight. No matter the alignment, no matter the classifications, no matter what, its like this every year. For years there was Beechwood and NCC dominating the East and Mayfield/Danville out of the west. 3 teams. Then it was Beechwood/Pikeville/Hazard out of the east and Mayfield out of the west. 4 teams. This year its Pikeville/Raceland/Hazard/Paintsville. 4 teams. Its just the parody of KYHS football. Using the RPI to seed atleast gives us an option of seeing some new match ups here and there. But its always feeble no matter how they draw it up. To ke, 5 classes and taking the district champ and runner up, then play cross districts fixes alot of things.
Nice win Rams.
Way to go Rams!!! RRR
Raceland QB is fine. Starting RB didn’t play tonight. He didn’t make it through warmups. There are some guys banged up but this time of year who isn’t.
Congrats Raceland. So did Ram A Devil whip everybody from Paintsville?
Apparently they couldn’t find me. I told them I was wearing orange and black.

I would assess the game this way. I felt like we played as bad as we could possibly play and our defense pulled us through. We cannot play that way offensively against a Pikeville and hope to win. Also we will have to throw the ball down the field to beat Pikeville. We will not be able to impose or will on them with just the run game. IMO
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • Westside
(11-13-2021, 02:04 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Apparently they couldn’t find me. I told them I was wearing orange and black.

I would assess the game this way. I felt like we played as bad as we could possibly play and our defense pulled us through. We cannot play that way offensively against a Pikeville and hope to win. Also we will have to throw the ball down the field to beat Pikeville. We will not be able to impose or will on them with just the run game. IMO
The good news for the Rams is Pikeville play calling is more vanilla than Raceland. Never thought I would live to see that.

Bad news is:

1. Pikeville has Birchfield who is as good as anyone in at least 1A through 3A and maybe even better than that. Plus he has a very good OL.
2. Game would be at Pikeville where Raceland has never won.
3. Raceland has played a historically weak schedule and hasn't lined up against a good team.

Not to mention Pikeville's defense which is lights out.
(11-13-2021, 01:58 AM)Westside Wrote: Congrats Raceland.  So did Ram A Devil whip everybody from Paintsville?
The only thing he “whipped” was his pet goat when he got home.
[-] The following 2 users Like Redneck's post:
  • jetpilot, Westside
(11-13-2021, 05:10 AM)Redneck Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 01:58 AM)Westside Wrote: Congrats Raceland.  So did Ram A Devil whip everybody from Paintsville?
The only thing he “whipped” was his pet goat when he got home.

I literally laughed out loud when I read this.
[-] The following 2 users Like Westside's post:
  • jetpilot, Patriot1
(11-13-2021, 11:18 AM)Slic Ric Wrote: https://www.dailyindependent.com/sports/...af84a.html
Dang I didn’t realize Paintsville threw the ball 145 times haha. Raceland was to much for the Tiggers this year. Most Class A teams fall way off after winning a state championship. Paintsville was down a little this year when it came to team talent but not a whole lot. Paintsvilles seniors have accomplished a lot and have nothing to be ashamed of. It’s been fun watching those young men play. I like the Tiggers new coach and I believe he has a bright future. We will see you guys next year! 
  GO Tigers
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Congrats to the Rams on the win and Paintsville has nothing to hang their heads about. You guys had a scrappy team and I was very impressed with the grit and determination from their players. Enjoy the win Rams but not for too long we have an undefeated team coming to town next week that we need to prepare for.
Congratulations to the Rams
Congrats to the Rams on a big win over their rival!!

Congrats to the Tigers on another solid season. The seniors at Paintsville definitely left their mark on the program!!
Rams one step closer to making a trip to Pikeville.
Congrats to The Rams! It was their year! Our Defense just couldn’t quite find the answer for Raceland’s run game! We’ll be back! Go Tigers!
[-] The following 2 users Like Blue_Bird96's post:
  • Orange Blaze, Redneck