Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Tom Allen is the new Head Coach at Paintsville
My "sources" came straight from the mouth of Daniels at a baseball game a few weeks ago. So I wouldn't really call that a source, I would call that a fact. Thats who was at the meeting, as far as Coach Runyon being there in the summer is still up in the air. But sometime this week I will mosey on over to the football field and talk to Coach Allen.
PHSCARD Wrote:My "sources" came straight from the mouth of Daniels at a baseball game a few weeks ago. So I wouldn't really call that a source, I would call that a fact. Thats who was at the meeting, as far as Coach Runyon being there in the summer is still up in the air. But sometime this week I will mosey on over to the football field and talk to Coach Allen.

That might be a good idea, because Coach Daniels isn't going to be the OC.
Hopefully Paintsville will pull together and play to their potential. No predictions from me just yet. How big of a crowd can Paintsville handle for the Apple Bowl this year? Number wise?
Apples and oranges, quit nit picking 2000PHS. He said he was on the staff he never said he was the OC, so I assumed it. Yeah, my fault, big deal, he will be there in some way/shape/or form. I talked with Joe Chirico Thursday night and asked him about the staff, he said it was mainly the same as last year. Talked to VanHoose and he said he would not be returning. Maybe Chirico will be the OC, he called some plays for us when our team won the Region in 01. I'll be over there at 5 on Monday to talk to JT.
PHSCARD Wrote:Apples and oranges, quit nit picking 2000PHS. He said he was on the staff he never said he was the OC, so I assumed it. Yeah, my fault, big deal, he will be there in some way/shape/or form. I talked with Joe Chirico Thursday night and asked him about the staff, he said it was mainly the same as last year. Talked to VanHoose and he said he would not be returning. Maybe Chirico will be the OC, he called some plays for us when our team won the Region in 01. I'll be over there at 5 on Monday to talk to JT.

Ok, I'm not trying to start anything here, but Daniels will not be on the staff, and Chirico will not call the plays. Allen will be the OC but not the DC. Chirico may very well end up being the DC I think that those issues are still a work in progress.

P.S. Even though there are going to be some changes, it isn't anything personal against anyone. Coach Allen has one year to prove himself so he wants things to be done his way. I'm not 100% sure on this but I think Daniels was asked to help, but declined since he wasn't going to be the OC.
The last I talked to Daniels,maybe sometime last week he said he still planned on helping. IDK peoples minds do change. I haven't got it directly from the big man himself but I'll go over and talk a little with him about that on Monday.
PHSCARD Wrote:The last I talked to Daniels,maybe sometime last week he said he still planned on helping. IDK peoples minds do change. I haven't got it directly from the big man himself but I'll go over and talk a little with him about that on Monday.

I don't think he will be there Monday, due to the combine going on at Lynn Camp.
Yeah you're right, Shane Cantrell told me about that Saturday at his bro's wedding, maybe I'll catch up with him on Wednesday. I know that Daniel Pugh is going, and several other juniors. When someone finds out how they done at the combine in terms of a 40 and 185 reps post them. We went to the one in Hazard my junior year and Guy Morriss and some coach from Cincy were there, any big coaches going to be there?
Did p-ville have a spring practice????
Paintsville had spring practice, not many were there due to playing other Spring sports. The day I went and watched they had 2 skills players and some linemen. IDK how long it was, but they had some practice.
I really dont think Paintsville really needed a new coach but hopefully it will work, cause usually the first year the new coaches dont do to well..
NYY10 Wrote:I really dont think Paintsville really needed a new coach but hopefully it will work, cause usually the first year the new coaches dont do to well..

You do need a new coach, when the old one resigns.
NYY10 Wrote:I really dont think Paintsville really needed a new coach but hopefully it will work, cause usually the first year the new coaches dont do to well..

What do you think they should do then? Have player/coaches? Just kiddin Smile
Does anyone know if any of the baseball players showed up for summer workouts today, or is Coach Allen giving them some time off?
PHSCARD Wrote:Does anyone know if any of the baseball players showed up for summer workouts today, or is Coach Allen giving them some time off?

I'm pretty sure the ones who are definitely playing showed up today. I happend to drive by I know I seen Sublett, Pugh, and Humphrey but don't know about Adams and Vanhoose. The basketball team played Lexington Catholic this morning, not sure but I'd be willing to say that's where Vanhoose was at along with Grimm. I know Bundy's been pulling double duty between basketball and football as well as Justin Meek. I'm pretty sure these kids took the loss from last night pretty rough and were just ready to put it behind them by the time their game or practice came around today.
Good to hear kids wanting to get in right away and help themselves and the others that have been there all along. Well you mentioned Catholic, how did they do against them today?
PHSCARD Wrote:Good to hear kids wanting to get in right away and help themselves and the others that have been there all along. Well you mentioned Catholic, how did they do against them today?
Heard they lost by 2-3 points, then defeated Pikeville.