Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lawrence County
23.53%
Raceland
76.47%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lawrence County @ Raceland 10/29
Lawrence County vs Raceland 10/29

Lawrence County (7-2)
Aug 20, 21 Harrison County home (W) 42 - 7 
Aug 27, 21 Open 0 - 0 
Sep 3, 21 Greenup County away (W) 34 - 7 
Sep 9, 21 Russell home (W) 39 - 28 
Sep 17, 21 Magoffin County home (W) 43 - 14 
Sep 24, 21 East Carter home (L) 0 - 1 - COVID Cancelation 
Oct 1, 21 Boyd County home (W) 35 - 14 
Oct 8, 21 Pike County Central away (W) 42 - 6 
Oct 15, 21 Belfry away (L) 13 - 42 
Oct 22, 21 Floyd Central home (W) 47 - 7 

Raceland (8-1)
Aug 20, 21 Ashland Blazer away (W) 16 - 7 
Aug 28, 21 Russell away (L) 18 - 28  Chick-fil-A Rail Cities Bowl
Sep 3, 21 Rowan County away (W) 50 - 26 
Sep 10, 21 Open 0 - 0 
Sep 17, 21 West Carter away (W) 21 - 0 
Sep 24, 21 Greenup County home (W) 32 - 0 
Oct 1, 21 Lincoln County (Hamlin), WV home (W) 38 - 6
Oct 8, 21 Betsy Layne home (W) 62 - 20 
Oct 15, 21 Fairview home (W) 72 - 8 
Oct 22, 21 Paintsville away (W) 36 - 19 

Thoughts?
NEKY football has me extremely confused lol. The Russell win had me big on the buy in to LC being legit. But with the beatdown at the hands of Belfry had me scratching my head about them. Then East Carter walks in and thumps Russell. Ashland narrowly escapes defeat from Greenup County. All preconceived notions are now at out the window. 3 weeks ago, id have picked LC. They protect the ball and run the hell out of that offense. They struggled with Belfrys speed though, and tbh, Raceland has more overall team speed than the Pirates this year. LC will pound the rock and try to control the clock. Raceland very well come in with the same mind set. But I think Raceland makes more big plays down the stretch.

Rams 35
Dawgs 21
I believe East Carter would’ve beaten LC if it hadn’t been canceled. I think this will be a good game and neither team really has the edge on the other. Maybe Raceland is favored just for playing at home. If the Rams don’t correct the penalties for over 100 yards they won’t win this game or any other close game. I believe our kids lost their cool a little Friday night and they haven’t really done that all year. Hopefully they got it out their system.

I’ll take the Rams at home
Rams 26
LC 12
(10-24-2021, 09:33 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: NEKY football has me extremely confused lol. The Russell win had me big on the buy in to LC being legit. But with the beatdown at the hands of Belfry had me scratching my head about them. Then East Carter walks in and thumps Russell. Ashland narrowly escapes defeat from Greenup County. All preconceived notions are now at out the window. 3 weeks ago, id have picked LC. They protect the ball and run the hell out of that offense. They struggled with Belfrys speed though, and tbh, Raceland has more overall team speed than the Pirates this year. LC will pound the rock and try to control the clock. Raceland very well come in with the same mind set. But I think Raceland makes more big plays down the stretch.

Rams 35
Dawgs 21

Don’t a lot into Belfry’s record and how they’ve been talked about this year. They have taken massive steps since the beginning of the season and Dixon is finally healthy I believe. LC probably lost that game against Belfry before they ever stepped off the bus because they never beat Belfry. 

I do believe however that Raceland should win this one without major issues but LC will come in there ready to go.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Gonna go with Lawrence Co. in an upset.
You guys can compare games to games but really it don’t matter as you see in one posters post. It’s the team that wants it the most and puts the work in that will win this game and I believe Raceland will win this game. Now I am talking about teams that are good teams and we all know who they are. Give me the Rams in a close one but this is going to be a good game for Raceland to end the season with.
That belly read offense is hard to prepare for. RAMS D has to be disciplined. Can't let the Dawgs eat up eight-minute drives down the field.
I like the RAMS by 2+ scores.
This should be a good game. I'm not sure who I really like in this one. I'll take the Bulldogs. I think they rebound from that ugly loss last Friday night. I still believe Lawrence County has a good football team.
Raceland 35
Lawrence 21
Like to see Raceland in Lexington with Pikeville in the championship game

Raceland 42
Lawrence County 21
(10-24-2021, 10:53 AM)Slic Ric Wrote: That belly read offense is hard to prepare for. RAMS D has to be disciplined. Can't let the Dawgs eat up eight-minute drives down the field.
That’s exactly what Murray did to mayfield.

(10-24-2021, 07:45 PM)64SUR Wrote: Like to see Raceland in Lexington with Pikeville in the championship game

Raceland 42
Lawrence County 21
I would love to see that too and I’ll be pulling for raceland if that happens.

(10-24-2021, 10:53 AM)Slic Ric Wrote: That belly read offense is hard to prepare for. RAMS D has to be disciplined. Can't let the Dawgs eat up eight-minute drives down the field.
That’s exactly what Murray did to mayfield.

(10-24-2021, 07:45 PM)64SUR Wrote: Like to see Raceland in Lexington with Pikeville in the championship game

Raceland 42
Lawrence County 21
I would like to see that happen and I’ll be pulling for Raceland if it does.

Sorry, double post, not sure how that happened.
Rams by eleventy billion
Raceland 28-14
LC 34
Raceland 21

No explanation or insightful breakdown, just what I think will happen.
LC CAN win this game, but the odds are against them.

Last regular season game, at Raceland, and the Rams apparently are well drilled defensively and handle the running game and passing game with skill and toughness.

They also look to be typically versatile on offense. Lundy is steady and sometimes spectacular.

Picking the Rams 28-20.
I see what your saying Ric but this is just a horrible take. Rams lose this game simply because the fact of coaching. Alan Short will be more prepared for this game than Mayland and Salmons.
(10-25-2021, 01:18 PM)MotoManiac11 Wrote:
I see what your saying Ric but this is just a horrible take. Rams lose this game simply because the fact of coaching. Alan Short will be more prepared for this game than Mayland and Salmons.
Well Moto, we will just have to agree to disagree. Coach Salmons & his staff will be well prepared for the DAWGS.
Would a Raceland win push them above Pikeville in the rpi?
(10-25-2021, 08:26 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Would a Raceland win push them above Pikeville in the rpi?
Who knows ….does anyone know how that stupid shit works ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • #55PirateFan
(10-25-2021, 08:30 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 08:26 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Would a Raceland win push them above Pikeville in the rpi?
Who knows ….does anyone know how that stupid shit works ?

RPI = (WP * 0.35) + (OWP * 0.35) + (OOWP * 0.30)
How does class factor into the rpi? I know you get more points for playing a bigger class team. Saying you beat a 7-3 2a team compared to beating a 7-3 6a team.
• Those game value factors are:
o 1A = 1.323
o 2A = 1.521
o 3A = 1.749
o 4A = 2.011
o 5A = 2.313
o 6A = 2.660
o There is currently no special weight utilized for 6-player games, which would be the baseline of 1.0 for a game
value, or for 8-player games, whose value would be 1.15
o An RPI of 0 is likely not possible in any scenario. From a mathematical perspective, a team would have to be
winless, each of their opponents winless, and each of their opponents’ opponents winless.

https://khsaa.org/resources/RPI/rpiexample2018fbapb.pdf
Back to the original question. Would a Raceland win push them above Pikeville in the rpi?
I dont think so. Best I can tell things are kind of locked up as long as everyone wins. Now, if any of those ranked ahead of us, Pikeville, KCD, and Russellville were to lose, AND we win, I think there could be some shifting. But I dont think that will happen. Tbh, I will not be suprised to see Raceland or Pikeville knocked out of the playoffs by one or the other, and the winner will win state by 2+ scores. Just seems to be the way it always happens. It will continue to happen as well because the Eastern teams dont have as many available games against larger schools of a lesser quality. There are more average to below average 3A+ schools in central and western ky for single A schools to play. Jmo.
Ive watched all the top teams play this year and Pikeville and Raceland look to be atleast 2 or 3 scores better than the next 3 or 4 teams.
They are just faster and more complete. Early on Pikeville was hands down the best by a wide margin. But if Raceland avoids giving uo the big play, they are rifht there with them.
I think the RPI system isnt a very good system for this state. We don’t have a blanket of quality teams across the state. Most of the more talented programs are in the Lexington/ Loserville area. We all know there is talented teams in the western part of the state as well. It’s hard to schedule quality competition if your in class a or 6 a. Location is a big factor in class A …..more so then 6a. I say throw out the rpi for class a and 6 a and if the state is adamant about the RPI keep it for class2a through 5a. We’ve seen what happens in class A using the RPI. The two best teams in the state didn’t play for the title last year and they won’t this year either.

As for this game I say Raceland wins. This Rams team is playing well and like Scotty said….they are starting to play a little nasty and that’s not a bad thing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Brutus

Highly unlikely. That being said if KCD pulls out the win against Metcalfe Co. it MIGHT put them above Pikeville.  Its gonna be REAL close. There is just to large a gap between Pikeville and Raceland in the RPI. Wont really matter until the semis, but still something to look at. The KHSAA has a bracket builder that is pretty nice once we can narrow down teams and lock the RPI. Keep in mind districts 1 through 4 are in the west and 5 through 8 are in the east. For the regional final its RPI seeded by east and west, state semis is the whole state.
(10-26-2021, 09:41 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: They are just faster and more complete. Early on Pikeville was hands down the best by a wide margin. But if Raceland avoids giving uo the big play, they are rifht there with them.
Raceland is in no way right with them. Raceland looks better than they are because they have yet to play a good team.

They have closed the gap on Calpreps though:

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2021] Pikeville (KY) 28, [2021] Raceland (KY) 14
(10-26-2021, 05:42 PM)Hambley Wrote:

Highly unlikely. That being said if KCD pulls out the win against Metcalfe Co. it MIGHT put them above Pikeville.  Its gonna be REAL close. There is just to large a gap between Pikeville and Raceland in the RPI. Wont really matter until the semis, but still something to look at. The KHSAA has a bracket builder that is pretty nice once we can narrow down teams and lock the RPI. Keep in mind districts 1 through 4 are in the west and 5 through 8 are in the east. For the regional final its RPI seeded by east and west, state semis is the whole state.
I think KCD definitely passes Pikeville with a win and a Raceland win could put them right with Pikeville RPI depending what all the opponents and opponents' opponents do. But it's doable IMO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hambley