Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top middle school teams and players for 06-07
??
Virgie Middle School and Dorton

Justice and Cody Varney from Dorton and Taylor Nesome and Ashley Hatfield from Virgie
NYY10 Wrote:Virgie Middle School and Dorton

Justice and Cody Varney from Dorton and Taylor Nesome and Ashley Hatfield from Virgie
I think these boys will be freshman at SV in 2006 & 2007
NYY10 Wrote:Virgie Middle School and Dorton

The well is running dry up at Virgie and Dorton. Look for the maroon to start to beat them in Jr. high again starting next season. Last years 7th grade Panthers went undefeated. Pikeville has a bunch of good young talent coming. I'd be surprised if PHS doesn't get back towards the top of the 15th region and stay there for a while.

PS...if these 4 boys you mentioned are still playing grade school ball next year then they can drive to the games!!!!
bball fan Wrote:The well is running dry up at Virgie and Dorton. Look for the maroon to start to beat them in Jr. high again starting next season. Last years 7th grade Panthers went undefeated. Pikeville has a bunch of good young talent coming. I'd be surprised if PHS doesn't get back towards the top of the 15th region and stay there for a while.

PS...if these 4 boys you mentioned are still playing grade school ball next year then they can drive to the games!!!!

Yea Yea, everybody always say Pikeville is going to win this year,but do they ever no..and pikeville couldnt get to top of the region
JCMS should be a force with Caldwell, Parker, and Green
As long as Virgie and Dorton beats Pikeville in Grade School Ball then Valley is going to be better then Pikeville, Thats just the way I see it
When Dorton and Virgie combine, add Bryant and Pikeville can't touch them. :thumpsup:
3 points Wrote:When Dorton and Virgie combine, add Bryant and Pikeville can't touch them. :thumpsup:

Thats True and dont forget about Jackson for Valley lol
NYY10 Wrote:Thats True and dont forget about Jackson for Valley lol

Last time I checked, Valley doesnt have a middle school. This topic is about middle school teams and players, not Valley and Pikeville.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
As long as the new holdback rule stays in place Pikeville has a HUGE advantage over the county schools...
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Last time I checked, Valley doesnt have a middle school. This topic is about middle school teams and players, not Valley and Pikeville.
Dorton & Virgie are what you call feeder schools, and they are getting ready to feed Valley BIG TIME. I'd say LOOK OUT Pikeville. These boys are not Freshmen yet, so maybe they still fit the topic.
The King Wrote:As long as the new holdback rule stays in place Pikeville has a HUGE advantage over the county schools...

How do you think Pikeville has a HUGE advantage, they have had the policy that the county put in place this year for years now. If you are held back, you dont play your second year in the same grade. Instead of saying that Pikeville will have a HUGE advantage, why not say the playing field just got leveled?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
3 points Wrote:Dorton & Virgie are what you call feeder schools, and they are getting ready to feed Valley BIG TIME. I'd say LOOK OUT Pikeville. These boys are not Freshmen yet, so maybe they still fit the topic.

Did the boys graduate 8th grade? If they did, they are freshmen now...
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:How do you think Pikeville has a HUGE advantage, they have had the policy that the county put in place this year for years now. If you are held back, you dont play your second year in the same grade.

Sorry, but you are incorrect about that. Pikeville does allow players to play more than 1 year in the same grade...
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Did the boys graduate 8th grade? If they did, they are freshmen now...
not until they enter the 9th grade.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Did the boys graduate 8th grade? If they did, they are freshmen now...
Yea, they did
3 points Wrote:not until they enter the 9th grade.
If they already went threw 8th grade graduation, they can not go back to the 8th grade again. Their report cards will say they are freshmen, so they are either freshmen or not attending school.
No, once you become a Freshman you can go back to 8th grade, I had a friend do it, I dont no how tho,but he did
so, if the ones you are talking about decide to go back to the 8th grade, let them, they would rather play against younger kids anyways. But if they did, I KNOW they wont be able to play as seniors. They would be 20 years old. What are they now, going to be 16 and freshmens?
The King Wrote:Sorry, but you are incorrect about that. Pikeville does allow players to play more than 1 year in the same grade...

Page 45 of the student handbook at Pikeville states:

"RETENTION OF JUNIOR HIGH ATHLETES
Any student participating in Junior High athletics and who has been retained will not be allowed to participate in athletic competition. Such student may practice with but not compete with an athletic squad."

So no, their are boys now that was not allowed to play last season due to a holdback situation. That is the school policy now as it has been for a few years. So the playing field has been leveled by the county school policy on holding back students.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:so, if the ones you are talking about decide to go back to the 8th grade, let them, they would rather play against younger kids anyways. But if they did, I KNOW they wont be able to play as seniors. They would be 20 years old. What are they now, going to be 16 and freshmens?

The only one that has been held back is Ashley Hatfield from Virgie and he is 15
NYY10 Wrote:The only one that has been held back is Ashley Hatfield from Virgie and he is 15

I didnt say anything at all about being hold backs. I just said that because they already graduated the 8th grade, if they decided to repeat it again, then they would be 20 when they graduate. If they are 15 now as soon to be freshmen. So unless they want to give up their senior year of playing, they shouldnt be considered middle school players now because their middle school career is over.
All this when the thread clearly states "Top Middle School Players for '06-'07"!!!
Shew....some just can't let go of those 3-4 glory years of Middle School!
The Guru Wrote:All this when the thread clearly states "Top Middle School Players for '06-'07"!!!
Shew....some just can't let go of those 3-4 glory years of Middle School!

No joke, I guess they want to give up their senior year for another year of 8th grade stardom.
OMG..... y'all have "killed me"!
IISnakE Wrote:OMG..... y'all have "killed me"!
:lmao: and they are serious.
I just think it was pretty stupid to say that a 15 1/2 yr old would still be in middle school. Or going to repeat their 8th grade year and not be able to play thier senior year as middle school players.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I just think it was pretty stupid to say that a 15 1/2 yr old would still be in middle school. Or going to repeat their 8th grade year and not be able to play thier senior year as middle school players.
would be very stupid.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I didnt say anything at all about being hold backs. I just said that because they already graduated the 8th grade, if they decided to repeat it again, then they would be 20 when they graduate. If they are 15 now as soon to be freshmen. So unless they want to give up their senior year of playing, they shouldnt be considered middle school players now because their middle school career is over.

Thats true, I agree with you