Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 43 Paintsville 21
Final from Pikeville
Pikeville went on a 36-0 run to put the game away. Birchfield 210 yards and 3 TDs for the Panthers. Pikeville made several mistakes but it is scary how good they can be.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • BoondockSaint, PHS DYNASTY
Any of the Paintsville fans find out anything about the young man that got hurt I would appreciate any update on him. I hope he is alright.
[-] The following 3 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • Gus McCrae, PHS DYNASTY, Spud6
Please post an update on the kid. We would love to hear he’s ok and my wife said she wouldn’t be able to sleep tonight worrying about the young man.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(08-21-2021, 12:26 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Pikeville went on a 36-0 run to put the game away. Birchfield 210 yards and 3 TDs for the Panthers. Pikeville made several mistakes but it is scary how good they can be.
Pikeville bigger, faster, stronger this season. Hopefully they'll learn from the mistakes made tonight. So looking forward to around November. To say they will be a tuff out just wouldn't do it justice. Congrats Panthers, just keep getting better. Paintsville's QB and the Phelps kid are two great weapons on a single A team. Btw, hope the young man that got injured for Paintsville will be ok.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gus McCrae's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
Congrats Panthers on the win! Plenty of playmakers on this team. Some mistakes need to be corrected and hopefully learned from. Come November, i think this will be a much improved team. Really gonna be interesting this season! Paintsville put up a good fight with James the QB and Harris Phelps at the RB position, but the Tigers looked a little worn down starting the 4th qtr. Just my perspective.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • Gus McCrae
Pikeville is going to have to find a passing attack. Screen to Lockhart and seem route to Lockhart is basically all the pass offense is. And it amazes me how Birchfield can get the ball every play on a drive and just keep popping back up and getting it again on the next play. His durability is something special. There was one sequence he got the ball 4 straight plays.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Congratulations Pikeville.
Last I heard, Grayson has bruised ribs and a concussion. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

As for the game, congrats Pikeville. They are gonna be a force to be reckoned with.

Tigers, keep your heads up. Gonna be just fine. Build on this. Learn from the mistakes. Another big challenge next week. These games are gonna make you better.
[-] The following 2 users Like Redneck's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY, Spud6
(08-21-2021, 06:40 AM)Redneck Wrote: Last I heard, Grayson has bruised ribs and a concussion.  Prayers for a speedy recovery.

As for the game, congrats Pikeville. They are gonna be a force to be reckoned with.

Tigers, keep your heads up. Gonna be just fine. Build on this. Learn from the mistakes. Another big challenge next week. These games are gonna make you better.
Thanks Redneck for the update but keep us posted. It was the first game of the season and it showed on both teams. There were some good plays from both teams and I seen a lot to work on from both. These two will be totally different at the end of the season when they have games to get the kinks work out. Going to be an interesting year. Prayers for the two young men who got hurt last night we and hope no more injuries for all players playing this game they love. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!
When you have a stud, you go to him and Birchfield is a stud.
There’s a pretty decent gap in between Pikeville and Paintsville right now. But that is to be expected with the amount of production Paintsville lost to graduation vs the amount of production Pikeville returned. Both teams will be much improved by the playoffs. For Paintsville this tough stretch of games to start the season will be a trial by fire for their young kids and young coach.
Pikeville is projected #1 in class A as should be. Birchfield is an outstanding back/player. And their passing game is just fine. Coach is not going to show whole playbook first game out. What he did use worked and if they put 43 points on the board every game they will be playing in Lexington in December. Yes some room for improvements and that’s scary
[-] The following 2 users Like Truewords's post:
  • jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY
(08-21-2021, 04:10 PM)Truewords Wrote: Pikeville is projected #1 in class A as should be. Birchfield is an outstanding  back/player. And their passing game is just fine. Coach is not going to show whole playbook first game out. What he did use worked and if they put 43 points on the board every game they will be playing in Lexington in December. Yes some room for improvements and that’s scary

Totally agree. That was a typical first game for Pikeville. They never open the play book until October and with the running game we witnessed last night that wont be a problem this year. In high school it usually takes 2-3 games to iron out the passing game and Isaac seemed to throw more confidently as the game progressed. After watching 7 on 7 it was obvious that last night was a base offense kind of game. Paintsville does  have some talent at skill positions and their junior QB is gonna get better and better throughout the year, he just needs reps and some experience. Defensively what impressed me was how many kids Pikeville used. They played a lot of guys and didnt really didnt miss a beat. If they keep working this team could be scary good. Cant wait to see this rematch in the playoffs.
[-] The following 3 users Like Hambley's post:
  • Gus McCrae, jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY
I watched Pikeville scrimmage Johnson Central. I liked how they played.
Pikeville has a really good class A team.
[-] The following 2 users Like German Eye's post:
  • Gus McCrae, PHS DYNASTY
(08-21-2021, 06:50 PM)German Eye Wrote: I watched Pikeville scrimmage Johnson Central. I liked how they played.
Pikeville if they improve week to week and stay focused will be the best team in 1A 2A and 3A. They have the horses to do it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
And Paintsville fans are silent which is almost impossible to do but that's where they find themselves today.
(08-21-2021, 09:15 PM)jetpilot Wrote: And Paintsville fans are silent which is almost impossible to do but that's where they find themselves today.

I commented. I’ve worked all day. Not all of us have a 9-5, Mon-Fri job..
(08-21-2021, 10:37 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 09:15 PM)jetpilot Wrote: And Paintsville fans are silent which is almost impossible to do but that's where they find themselves today.

Yes and really I believe every post from you. 2000 PHS too.
(08-21-2021, 04:10 PM)Truewords Wrote: Pikeville is projected #1 in class A as should be. Birchfield is an outstanding  back/player. And their passing game is just fine. Coach is not going to show whole playbook first game out. What he did use worked and if they put 43 points on the board every game they will be playing in Lexington in December. Yes some room for improvements and that’s scary
Isaac had surgery and the radio guys said if he was a MLB pitcher he would just be starting rehab in rookie league ball. Panthers will be capable of throwing the ball all over the field to multiple receivers come playoff time and will have C Wright back who is a pure stud at RB and LB...Pikeville is hungry and will get better every week...
(08-21-2021, 08:53 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 06:50 PM)German Eye Wrote: I watched Pikeville scrimmage Johnson Central. I liked how they played.
Pikeville if they improve week to week and stay focused will be the best team in 1A 2A and 3A. They have the horses to do it.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but that is a stretch.
(08-22-2021, 12:58 AM)German Eye Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 08:53 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but that is a stretch.
No, not at all.

http://calpreps.com/2019/ratings/Kentucky_all.htm
(08-21-2021, 10:40 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 10:37 PM)Redneck Wrote:

Yes and really I believe every post from you. 2000 PHS too.

They have multiple personalities to jack the fan numbers up? lol
Excellent sportsmanship from both sides. Both teams played hard but were helping each other up all night. That was good to see. Also all class when our player was injured, tip of the cap to all involved.

Pikeville played like a veteran team with lots of talent. I would bet the word of the week in practice for them is containment. Paintsville got outside a lot on QB scrambles or a Phelps cut.

Paintsville will be fine. Loved to see the fight after falling behind. We have great potential and the moment wasn’t too big for a lot of kids starting at their position for the first time.

Hopefully we get to run it back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • Patriot1
^^^Pikeville D played lights out 95% of the plays. Held Phelps and James in check most of the night but James is an excellent scrambler and Phelps is all around good. Pikeville D is already very good and will improve. All in all very satisfied with 1st game vs. 2 very good backs.

Meanwhile all of Pikeville backs gashed the Paintsville defense all night long. I'm guessing around 350 yards rushing...
(08-22-2021, 11:14 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Pikeville D played lights out 95% of the plays. Held Phelps and James in check most of the night but James is an excellent scrambler and Phelps is all around good. Pikeville D is already very good and will improve. All in all very satisfied with 1st game vs. 2 very good backs.

Meanwhile all of Pikeville backs gashed the Paintsville defense all night long. I'm guessing around 350 yards rushing...
Birchfield alone went for 247 yards on 25 carries with 3 TD’s. Nice performance
Pikeville's offensive line was very impressive. Number 75 is huge with good mobility.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Gus McCrae
(08-23-2021, 03:49 PM)Westside Wrote: Pikeville's offensive line was very impressive.  Number 75 is huge with good mobility.

The scary thing is he has a twin on the other side of the center that looks the exact same. Only thing different is one has long hair other buzz cut.
#BBFL
[-] The following 2 users Like Spud6's post:
  • Gus McCrae, Westside
349 Rushing Yards
83 Rushing Yards Allowed
73 Passing Yards
31 Passing Yards Allowed

Per Pikeville KHSAA page. Impressive.
These are the only two fan bases in the state that can keep talking about a 43-21 game four days after the game hahah