Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry High School Ejects 20 Students Who Refused To Wear Masks
School has gotten off to a hot start in Pond Creek. 20 students refused to wear masks into the school and were ejected from the school. Very interesting and be curious to see how this is handled.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(08-12-2021, 03:16 PM)Spud6 Wrote: School has gotten off to a hot start in Pond Creek. 20 students refused to wear masks into the school and were ejected from the school. Very interesting and be curious to see how this is handled.

Were they football players? Belfrys numbers are down anyway. I'm sure Coach Haywood will take care of any masking issues.
Masks should be voluntary. It makes no sense to mandate masks unless you also mandate the equivalent of an N-95 medical-grade mask. A cloth mask or a cheap paper mask may meet the mandate requirements but they do nothing to prevent the spread of a virus.
I don’t like mask mandate either but anything that will keep sports going and schools open I am okay with. It’s odd that they kicked kids out already. I thought the mandate didn’t go into effect until Friday?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Running wild 14's post:
  • Cardfan1
Does the mask on front of a helmet qualify?
(08-12-2021, 07:19 PM)wolfcat Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 03:16 PM)Spud6 Wrote: School has gotten off to a hot start in Pond Creek. 20 students refused to wear masks into the school and were ejected from the school. Very interesting and be curious to see how this is handled.

Were they football players? Belfrys numbers are down anyway. I'm sure Coach Haywood will take care of any masking issues.
No
I mean it’s mandated by the state and the state BOE passed their own resolution yesterday. I don’t see why any kid would think, “hey, I just won’t wear it.”

I’m a teacher and I hate it. Anyone who is worried about getting it should be vaccinated by now. But it’s not a hill I’ll die on.

Is this situation at Belfry related to the football team?
[-] The following 1 user Likes zaga_fan's post:
  • Cardfan1
Good. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Mountain Top News was there today to video the kids and parents who were protesting outside the school doors.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
What’s funny about this situation is how people view the protest from the kids different according to how they feel about the subject. We can watch a woman’s soccer team disrespect our countries flag but some call them brave. Some in this country will watch a protest of transgender people and call them brave. But yet people will bash on these kids for refusing to wear a mask that does no good in the prevention of catching a virus. So basically if you believe in the virus and all the bullshit you will belittle the kids but if you think they are enforcing their freedoms and right as young Americans you will praise them. We all are hypocrites that can’t see past our on views. We wanna say we accept others for what and who they are but only when we feel or agree the same way
[-] The following 3 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • Jarons, OutlawJoseyWales, Patriot1
Lord forgive me because I agree with RamDAD50
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • RAMDAD50
I'm not bashing the kids, I'm bashing their parents.
I'm still wondering why schools are the only place that masks are now mandated. Are you more likely to get covid in a classroom that at Walmart? Things don't make sense. Guess outdoors your fine too? I know Pike County Bowl is next weekend and I'd estimate 5k people will be there and less than 50 will have a masks on. At what point would it be considered safe to not have to wear masks in a classroom? When Covid is eradicated? Not sure that is happening even if everyone did get vaccinated. At some point people gonna have to realize that we are gonna go just have to live with it and there's nothing we can do about it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • RAMDAD50
(08-13-2021, 11:09 AM)Patriot1 Wrote: Lord forgive me because I agree with RamDAD50
Keep trying it on Pat….you will see it’s a nice fit hahah
(08-13-2021, 09:17 AM)jamesclay Wrote: Good. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Wearing a mask is playing stupid games
Stand tall kids until majority stands with you. I'll proudly stand by you West Virginians.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, OutlawJoseyWales
What if the kids walk in with their shirts pulled up above their nose and mouth? Is that considered a face covering? I mean it's not going to do much good but neither is the cloth facemask most of them are wearing to begin with. N95 masks are the only masks that help but people were told to not get those last year bc medical personnel needing them due to a shortage.
(08-13-2021, 11:14 AM)jamesclay Wrote: I'm not bashing the kids, I'm bashing their parents.

Why may I ask?
[-] The following 1 user Likes OutlawJoseyWales's post:
  • pjdoug
I think it’s shameful that kids are the only ones taking a stand. Maybe we should fallow their lead
Moving this to the politics/current events forum
(08-13-2021, 12:25 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I think it’s shameful that kids are the only ones taking a stand. Maybe we should fallow their lead

Exactly.  My ancestors  at Valley Forge didn't bow down and I don't plan on it either .
[-] The following 3 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Hoot Gibson, jetpilot, OutlawJoseyWales
Follow the damn rules.

Every year I coached we had a new rule.

This is what only different because some are making it a thing.

Can we please get through this without our kids dying?

Wear a mask…get vaccinated. I don’t want to lose ONE student. Much less one player or coach.
GET RID OF TARGETING PENALTIES!
TAKE A STAND!!
DON'T LET NFHS TELL YOU WHAT TO DO!!
DON'T TRUST CONCUSSION STUDIES, SHEEPLE!!!
(08-13-2021, 08:15 PM)zaga_fan Wrote: GET RID OF TARGETING PENALTIES!
TAKE A STAND!!
DON'T LET NFHS TELL YOU WHAT TO DO!!
DON'T TRUST CONCUSSION STUDIES, SHEEPLE!!!

Have we suddenly stopped caring about safety?
(08-13-2021, 07:23 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Follow the damn rules. 

Every year I coached we had a new rule.

This is what only  different because some are making it a thing. 

Can we please get through this without our kids dying? 

Wear a mask…get vaccinated. I don’t want to lose ONE student.  Much less one player or coach.
turn the rules, masks and shots sideways and... you know the rest.
(08-13-2021, 03:52 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 12:25 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I think it’s shameful that kids are the only ones taking a stand. Maybe we should fallow their lead

Exactly.  My ancestors  at Valley Forge didn't bow down and I don't plan on it either .
You mean the guys who were inoculated for Smallpox so they could fight that war?  Those guys?
(08-14-2021, 01:21 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

You mean the guys who were inoculated for Smallpox so they could fight that war?  Those guys?

I said what I meant, Lefty. You don't have to guess at it. I speak plain, easy to understand  English.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • jetpilot
(08-14-2021, 04:01 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I said what I meant, Lefty. You don't have to guess at it. I speak plain, easy to understand  English.

Gotcha. 

But…
The Founding Fathers and the government of the time was pretty serious about pestilence and public health.  They are not a good example when you want to talk about shirking public health measures.
(08-14-2021, 04:55 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Gotcha. 

But…
The Founding Fathers and the government of the time was pretty serious about pestilence and public health.  They are not a good example when you want to talk about shirking public health measures.

You and your superior mind were there to witness the government's great concern for public health. Go hide under the couch with your mask on and tremble in fear. I won't comply ,so you're just wasting time with your meaningless words.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Hoot Gibson, jetpilot
(08-15-2021, 04:15 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 04:55 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 03:52 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Exactly.  My ancestors  at Valley Forge didn't bow down and I don't plan on it either .

Gotcha. 

But…

You and your superior mind were there to witness the government's great concern for public health. Go hide under the couch with your mask on and tremble in fear. I won't comply ,so you're just wasting time with your meaningless words.

That’s History.  Has nothing to do with superior minds.  
Good luck with that.