Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. going down hill??
With all the success the program had through the 90's and into the new century, with the recent down years and apparent transfers of players to other schools and the support from the community seeming to drop, is the Lawrence Co. football program in trouble or just a slump that all good programs go through?
Its just a slump that good programs go through every now and again.. Wait and see they will be much better this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Just a rebuilding process....... like Batpuff said they will be better this year.
Hope so, all this town and program needs is one solid year to get things back up and rolling.
Lawrence Co will have some very good players this year they will also have some good players that are very young.And with that it takes time .These kids still have heart they still exspect to win every time they go out on the field .I think that showed last year I felt like we was in every game except for the JC game but every game we was thier untill the numbers just wore us down but they still played untill the wistle blew this year might be the same way as of now we only have about 30 kids in the wieght room and a lot of these kids are under classmen I think they might be 3 or 4 that play baseball . As for the kids that transfered this year I think only one of them did it for sports and thats ok because if he didn't want to be a dawg then he wouldn't have been any help to us any way's a person has to want it to get anything out of it and the kids we have right now seem to want it they are working there butts off 4 days a week lifting and doing alot of running . They know that they have to be in shape because every kid that dresses out this year is going to see alot of playing time . I think LC could be a 500 ball club maybe better it will have alot to do with who get's the QB job if LC gets a good QB then any thing can happen if they have to take a under classmen and by that I mean a freshmen or sophomore then it will another rebuilding year . Yes the program is down alot in my opinion but one spark and it could all be set back on fire in Louisa. I think we have some of the best coaches around and thats were it has to come from . Looking foreword to a fun fun year . Go DAWGS!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
Dawg Family Wrote:Lawrence Co will have some very good players this year they will also have some good players that are very young.And with that it takes time .These kids still have heart they still exspect to win every time they go out on the field .I think that showed last year I felt like we was in every game except for the JC game but every game we was thier untill the numbers just wore us down but they still played untill the wistle blew this year might be the same way as of now we only have about 30 kids in the wieght room and a lot of these kids are under classmen I think they might be 3 or 4 that play baseball . As for the kids that transfered this year I think only one of them did it for sports and thats ok because if he didn't want to be a dawg then he wouldn't have been any help to us any way's a person has to want it to get anything out of it and the kids we have right now seem to want it they are working there butts off 4 days a week lifting and doing alot of running . They know that they have to be in shape because every kid that dresses out this year is going to see alot of playing time . I think LC could be a 500 ball club maybe better it will have alot to do with who get's the QB job if LC gets a good QB then any thing can happen if they have to take a under classmen and by that I mean a freshmen or sophomore then it will another rebuilding year . Yes the program is down alot in my opinion but one spark and it could all be set back on fire in Louisa. I think we have some of the best coaches around and thats were it has to come from . Looking foreword to a fun fun year . Go DAWGS!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:

Sounds really good, I have always said that all this town and program needs is a spark then here it comes, thats all it takes.
I wonder what the QB situation is this year so far? Is it going to be Boone? Timmy Hayes?
easternkysportsguru Wrote:I wonder what the QB situation is this year so far? Is it going to be Boone? Timmy Hayes?
I would love to see Mr. Hayes playing football this year but unless he has changed his mind he will not play football no more . I am hopeing that he has a change of heart but if he doesn't then I wish him all the best because they don't come any better then this kid. And In my opinion he was the best QB we had on the team last year but the coaches didn't see fit to let him prove it .I do know he did a really good job with the JV team last year he only lost one game with the JV squad. No he wasn't as fast as Mr. Humphrey but he had great hands and the type of body to take a beating and thats what someone needs to run the kind of offence LC run's .Because are QB is going to get hit every play .
Dawg Family Wrote:I would love to see Mr. Hayes playing football this year but unless he has changed his mind he will not play football no more . I am hopeing that he has a change of heart but if he doesn't then I wish him all the best because they don't come any better then this kid. And In my opinion he was the best QB we had on the team last year but the coaches didn't see fit to let him prove it .I do know he did a really good job with the JV team last year he only lost one game with the JV squad. No he wasn't as fast as Mr. Humphrey but he had great hands and the type of body to take a beating and thats what someone needs to run the kind of offence LC run's .Because are QB is going to get hit every play .

So no ideas as to who MIGHT step in for Lawrence Co. besides Boone?
easternkysportsguru Wrote:So no ideas as to who MIGHT step in for Lawrence Co. besides Boone?
Could be and most likely will be Mark Fitzpatrick he was the freshman qb last year he's a fine young man with a ton of speed he's running track right now I think they have timed him in the mid 4's in the fourty. I think he can do a good job but it's still not the kind of qb I would like to see .His body type is alot like Cory's was last year about 145lb he's faster then cory was and that will help alot .I just wish we had a kid about six feet or so and around 200lb that would be under center but I guess every body would ha ha . But all in all I think Mark can do a good job he is just young and we all know what that means. Their have also been rumuros that they might look at Morgan Roberts for that spot Morgan looks really good this year he's playing baseball and he will be a senior I just don't know if he has ever played qb before I know he can flat out run with the ball when given the chance . I guess well know before to long and I for one can't wait.:Cheerlead
Dawg Family Wrote:Could be and most likely will be Mark Fitzpatrick he was the freshman qb last year he's a fine young man with a ton of speed he's running track right now I think they have timed him in the mid 4's in the fourty. I think he can do a good job but it's still not the kind of qb I would like to see .His body type is alot like Cory's was last year about 145lb he's faster then cory was and that will help alot .I just wish we had a kid about six feet or so and around 200lb that would be under center but I guess every body would ha ha . But all in all I think Mark can do a good job he is just young and we all know what that means. Their have also been rumuros that they might look at Morgan Roberts for that spot Morgan looks really good this year he's playing baseball and he will be a senior I just don't know if he has ever played qb before I know he can flat out run with the ball when given the chance . I guess well know before to long and I for one can't wait.:Cheerlead

I heard a night or two ago from a good source that Boone will be the QB and that he will surprise alot, not so much with his speed but his arm. Also was told that this is one of the best lines we have had in a long time. Cant wait to see them get after it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:I heard a night or two ago from a good source that Boone will be the QB and that he will surprise alot, not so much with his speed but his arm. Also was told that this is one of the best lines we have had in a long time. Cant wait to see them get after it.

Sounds good, I will be surprised to see Boone running the offense but I am sure that Billy knows what he is doing and wouldnt put his own son out there if he didnt think he was ready. Seems that if the backfield this year is going to be overflowing with speed with Roberts and Fitzpatrick seeing some time as well as Butcher. Keep this thread updated everyone on the Dawgs until August Smile:letsparty
Batpuff Wrote:I heard a night or two ago from a good source that Boone will be the QB and that he will surprise alot, not so much with his speed but his arm. Also was told that this is one of the best lines we have had in a long time. Cant wait to see them get after it.

Who can we expect or look to see this year on the line for the Dawgs?
A person told me this evening that Tyler Brewer is coming out to play football this season . If thats the case here's some one with a lot of speed and some great hands he hasn't played football sence youth leauge but if I was billy I would sure look at him for a QB Confusedhh: I just dont think Boone can take the beating just yet and it really doesn't matter how good he can throw the ball LC will not be passing it But thats why I'm in the stands and Billy is the coach because he know better then I do:thumpsup:. But if it's boone then I hope are line is as good of one that every body say's it's going to be. And I would think if it's boone we better dump the belly offence and set up to be a pocket passing team because boone will need a strong pocket of protection. I would like to see this myself but I really wont be looking for it . Is it game time yet.:popcorn:
Dawg Family Wrote:A person told me this evening that Tyler Brewer is coming out to play football this season . If thats the case here's some one with a lot of speed and some great hands he hasn't played football sence youth leauge but if I was billy I would sure look at him for a QB Confusedhh: I just dont think Boone can take the beating just yet and it really doesn't matter how good he can throw the ball LC will not be passing it But thats why I'm in the stands and Billy is the coach because he know better then I do:thumpsup:. But if it's boone then I hope are line is as good of one that every body say's it's going to be. And I would think if it's boone we better dump the belly offence and set up to be a pocket passing team because boone will need a strong pocket of protection. I would like to see this myself but I really wont be looking for it . Is it game time yet.:popcorn:

Amen, is it Friday yet? Brewer has tons of speed but isnt real big, will need to hit the weight room hard but speed shouldnt been a problem for this years team. Hope the o-line is a good as I am hearing, keep me updated everyone.
Boone can run the belly he just isnt that fast and Boone is a smart QB he doesnt do anything stupid!!!! I havent heard about Tyler Brewer playing yet.

I think they need to find someone before the fall practice starts so they can get them ready. Boone is playing baseball himself right now as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:Boone can run the belly he just isnt that fast and Boone is a smart QB he doesnt do anything stupid!!!! I havent heard about Tyler Brewer playing yet.

I think they need to find someone before the fall practice starts so they can get them ready. Boone is playing baseball himself right now as well.

How well and how smooth does Boone run the belly-read?
easternkysportsguru Wrote:How well and how smooth does Boone run the belly-read?

Boone has a good head on him like batpuff said he knows what the belly is about but he's 6'3 and about 140lb and he's going to be a freshman I just think he is a couple of years away from geting strong enough to take the hits at the next level . He got hit last year in middle school early in the year and was put out for the season . And guts this next level we are talking about isn't freshman ball this level play's on Friday nights not thursday nights and their kids out thier that are 19 years old and will be play collage in just a few mounths . And if it was my son I wouldn't just throw him to the wolfs because boone is going to be a good one he's got the tools now I would like for him to just get the tool box to carry them in And I can't wait to see him in another year or two.:howdy:
Dawg Family Wrote:Boone has a good head on him like batpuff said he knows what the belly is about but he's 6'3 and about 140lb and he's going to be a freshman I just think he is a couple of years away from geting strong enough to take the hits at the next level . He got hit last year in middle school early in the year and was put out for the season . And guts this next level we are talking about isn't freshman ball this level play's on Friday nights not thursday nights and their kids out thier that are 19 years old and will be play collage in just a few mounths . And if it was my son I wouldn't just throw him to the wolfs because boone is going to be a good one he's got the tools now I would like for him to just get the tool box to carry them in And I can't wait to see him in another year or two.:howdy:

I agree he is green and will need the line to really step up,. but its not to hard to hand the ball off to one of there speedy backs and just power down the field. But Boones strength is to throw the ball and has a nice touch. But only time will tell.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lawrence County in the past hasnt been shy about throwing out a talented freshmen into the varsity fire. Last time this happened was with Cory and Jason Michaels from what I can remember. Jason played all 4 years and needless to say, I think he turned out pretty well. :rockon:
easternkysportsguru Wrote:Who can we expect or look to see this year on the line for the Dawgs?

In the spring practice we had they had on the line at center was Steven Carter beside of him was Delong and on the other side was Scarberry the tackles was Kyle Carter and the other one was Cody Patrick .This was the O-line as of the last week of the spring practice but I am looking for a few more kids to come out for the summer ball this line here contains 3 seniors and two juniors with alot lot of speed and strength .The D-line had Tyler Hinton and Kyle Carter,Jason Delong,Justin Stanford And Cody Patrick was in this mix also but they was moveing alot of kids in and out on the line and this was just spring ball we might see a hole different line up by this fall . But this O-line did look really good The two tackles are huge and they are moveing good Kyle ran his forty in 5.2 seconds that's really good for a kid that goes about 270lb.he will be a three year starter and should have a great senior year. :thumpsup:
Heard the other day that Goldsmith has somewhat put it a new way of doing things, some of the players are telling me that its the hardest they have ever worked doing anything in their lives and that he is demanding so much work and effort from everyone in the locker room that it is amazing the players and coaching staff. Sounds like Billy is taking over and doing things his way.
Ttt
this is good, I hope we can find a QB to step in. Who ever it is will determine what type of offense we run this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:this is good, I hope we can find a QB to step in. Who ever it is will determine what type of offense we run this year.

I just cant wait to see football back in Louisa. I love having a whole week full of football duties including coaching my middle school team.:1:
TTT Anyone have any recent news??
Its been an uphill battle for the last few seasons.
Where have I been I haven't even seen this thread before now. I guess I need to do some reading.
easternkysportsguru Wrote:Lawrence County in the past hasnt been shy about throwing out a talented freshmen into the varsity fire. Last time this happened was with Cory and Jason Michaels from what I can remember. Jason played all 4 years and needless to say, I think he turned out pretty well. :rockon:

He played in the eight grade if I remember correctly.

Bat didn't he make his first game at West Carter? I know we were there.
Cat he was on the team as a back-up his 8th grade year but I dont remember him playing until his freshman year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]