Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Will Trump Be Convicted in the Senate ???
Will the second time around result in conviction? There was no chance in hell that President Pumpkin was going to be convicted the first time, but I'm not as sure this time around.  

My bottom line on this is that if Mitch wants him exorcised from the party and he thinks a Trump conviction is what's best for himself, he will get the votes he needs to convict. Wouldn't surprise me if Mitch and Chuck are planning Donald's demise as we speak. That's how ole Mitch rolls. He probably feels that Donald cost him Majority Leader and is frothing at his old turtle mouth to get even. Just my thoughts...   What say you???
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1
(01-22-2021, 08:38 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Will the second time around result in conviction? There was no chance in hell that President Pumpkin was going to be convicted the first time, but I'm not as sure this time around.  

My bottom line on this is that if Mitch wants him exorcised from the party and he thinks a Trump conviction is what's best for himself, he will get the votes he needs to convict. Wouldn't surprise me if Mitch and Chuck are planning Donald's demise as we speak. That's how ole Mitch rolls. He probably feels that Donald cost him Majority Leader and is frothing at his old turtle mouth to get even. Just my thoughts...   What say you???
The GOP did better than expected in the Senate races. They probably did well enough to maintain control of the Senate had the Michigan election not been rigged.

McConnell and the Republican establishment never wanted Trump as their nominee. It was Jeb's turn to run and the schedule and rules of the primaries and caucuses were fixed to give Bush an easy road. When Trump blew Jeb's campaign out of the water, it left more conservative candidates battling it out on his right and allowed Trump to basically run as the moderate in the lane that he cleared of the favorite. That is why McConnell hates Trump.

There is absolutely no evidence that Trump incited a riot. If there was, then video clips would have been run in an endless loop of him calling for supporters to storm into the Capitol. There is strong evidence of some pre-planning by other groups to break into the building but nothing that points to Trump's involvement in planning or directing the mob. Because his time in office was so short, there was no investigation conducted and no opportunity given to Trump to defend himself in the House impeachment process.

I believe that it is likely that the Senate will vote to convict because our federal government is corrupt to the core and when evidence is not required for a conviction, none of us are safe.

The Republican and Democrat parties fear a Trump campaign in 2024 worse than anything else. All of us should really ask ourselves, if the federal government is willing to engage in such a vendetta against a 74 year old former president, what would they be willing to do to an average citizen who presents a constitutional threat to their monopoly on power? Will anybody that is not beholden to one of the two major parties ever again be able to mount a serious national campaign?
Plenty of evidence out there.

Just out today that the Trump Campaign spent millions with Manafort corporation to put the insurrection rally together.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cardfan1's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(01-22-2021, 08:56 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Plenty of evidence out there.

Just out today that the Trump Campaign spent millions with Manafort corporation to put the insurrection rally together.
Liar.
(01-22-2021, 09:00 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Liar.
This will age well.  Big Grin
(01-22-2021, 09:28 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Liar.
This will age well.  Big Grin
Yes, it will. There was no insurrection rally. You are a liar, but I could post that as a reply to most of your posts. I would ask you to post evidence but I am not in the mood to read another article that you link without reading yourself.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/53...pitol-riot

“Event Strategies Inc. also received $2.1 million from the Trump-affiliated dark money group America First Policies from 2018 to 2019. “

ESI is Manafort.

(01-22-2021, 09:35 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 09:28 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Liar.
This will age well.  :D
Yes, it will. There was no insurrection rally. You are a liar, but I could post that as a reply to most of your posts. I would ask you to post evidence but I am not in the mood to read another article that you link without reading yourself.

Don’t read it then. It’s easier to attack the messenger.
  • Gitback Coach
(01-22-2021, 09:38 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/53...pitol-riot

“Event Strategies Inc. also received $2.1 million from the Trump-affiliated dark money group America First Policies from 2018 to 2019. “

ESI is Manafort.
As I said. You are a liar. There was no insurrection rally. There was a huge non-violent rally. The violence at the Capitol was no fault of Trump's and it was no reflection on the hundreds of thousands of peaceful participants.
(01-22-2021, 08:55 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 08:38 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Will the second time around result in conviction? There was no chance in hell that President Pumpkin was going to be convicted the first time, but I'm not as sure this time around.  

The GOP did better than expected in the Senate races. They probably did well enough to maintain control of the Senate had the Michigan election not been rigged.

McConnell and the Republican establishment never wanted Trump as their nominee. It was Jeb's turn to run and the schedule and rules of the primaries and caucuses were fixed to give Bush an easy road. When Trump blew Jeb's campaign out of the water, it left more conservative candidates battling it out on his right and allowed Trump to basically run as the moderate in the lane that he cleared of the favorite. That is why McConnell hates Trump.

There is absolutely no evidence that Trump incited a riot. If there was, then video clips would have been run in an endless loop of him calling for supporters to storm into the Capitol. There is strong evidence of some pre-planning by other groups to break into the building but nothing that points to Trump's involvement in planning or directing the mob. Because his time in office was so short, there was no investigation conducted and no opportunity given to Trump to defend himself in the House impeachment process.

I believe that it is likely that the Senate will vote to convict because our federal government is corrupt to the core and when evidence is not required for a conviction, none of us are safe.

The Republican and Democrat parties fear a Trump campaign in 2024 worse than anything else. All of us should really ask ourselves, if the federal government is willing to engage in such a vendetta against a 74 year old former president, what would they be willing to do to an average citizen who presents a constitutional threat to their monopoly on power? Will anybody that is not beholden to one of the two major parties ever again be able to mount a serious national campaign?

No doubt Mitch's disdain for Trump didn't just begin a few weeks
 ago.  As you said, the GOP establishment never, EVER, wanted Trump, much in the way that Schumer and the Dems  didn't want anything to do with the crusty old  Vermonter named Bernie.   Jeb was next in line  for the GOP, just as Clinton and then Biden was next in line for the Democrats. That's how it rolls in establishment politics. Jeb and Hillary had more in common than their families being in love with one another. Both ran horrible campaigns and both were about as charismatic as a plate of asparagus. 

Will there ever be anyone that will be able to make a serious run at the Presidency who isn't sucking from the teats of the party bosses?  I honestly don't know. I didn't think it could happen the last time. I guess it was just a confluence of a lot of factors and a lot of anger that made it possible. I guess my mantra now would be "never say never."  Hell, a bodybuilder and a professional wrestler became governors of Cali and Minnesota, respectively. Of course, a governorship is not quite like a national campaign. So, I don't have a good answer to your question, Mr Gibson, but it's one I think I will ponder on some more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • TheRealThing
(01-22-2021, 09:42 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 09:38 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/53...pitol-riot

ESI is Manafort.
As I said. You are a liar. There was no insurrection rally. There was a huge non-violent rally. The violence at the Capitol was no fault of Trump's and it was no reflection on the hundreds of thousands of peaceful participants.
I didn’t report that.  
The Hill did. 

so you’re calling them a liar.
(01-22-2021, 09:58 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

ESI is Manafort.
I didn’t report that.  
The Hill did. 

No. I am calling you a liar for the statement that you made.
(01-22-2021, 10:27 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

ESI is Manafort.
I didn’t report that.  
The Hill did. 

Trump started an insurrection.
  • Gitback Coach
(01-22-2021, 10:27 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

ESI is Manafort.
I didn’t report that.  
The Hill did. 

Trump started an insurrection.
He should be but don't believe enough of the flock will vote for it but if Mitch does then they may be enough to say we need to dump this t!rd

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...d=msedgdhp
Again, I think it goes ever how Mitch wants it to go. Ordinarily I'd so there is no way a third of the GOP in the Senate votes to convict, however, McConnell seems to really despise Trump and wants to vanquish him from the party. If he feels its the politically expedient thing for him to do, he will get the votes necessary. As I said before, I wouldn't be surprised if Turtle and Chuck have already discussed if they have the necessary votes.

I honestly don't see how any Democrat or Republican could ever cast another vote for the self-serving McConnell. He is a cold, calculating, and self-serving but an extremely shrewd politician. When you underestimate that bastard, it is usually to your detriment.
(01-23-2021, 10:24 AM)vector#1 Wrote: He should be but don't believe enough of the flock will vote for it but if Mitch does then they may be enough to say we need to dump this t!rd

Lawyer for 'QAnon Shaman' says Capitol rioter regrets being 'duped' by Trump | Fox News
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1
At this point I can only see only two Senators possibly voting to convict Trump. A guilty vote IMHO would be political suicide for the member doing so. But McConnell is said to be in pretty bad health so, even though a guilty vote would finish it for him, he would be within a month of 85 if he makes it through the whole term. Romney is so far out in space nobody really cares what he does. He'll get primaried if he runs again in 2025.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-24-2021, 11:57 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: At this point I can only see only two Senators possibly voting to convict Trump. A guilty vote IMHO would be political suicide for the member doing so. But McConnell is said to be in pretty bad health so, even though a guilty vote would finish it for him, he would be within a month of 85 if he makes it through the whole term. Romney is so far out in space nobody really cares what he does. He'll get primaried if he runs again in 2025.
I hope that you are right but I suspect that there are a few more Republicans that may vote for conviction - Murkowski, Sasse, and Toomey come to mind. Susan Collins is another possibility but her spirited defense of Brett Kavenaugh leads me to believe that her sense of fair play may put her in former President Trump's corner but she could probably vote for impeachment without paying a political price in her home state.

The fact that Joe Biden has a lower job approval rating (48%) than Trump had at the end of his term (51%) may give Republican Senators more backbone to do the right thing. I believe that Biden's job approval rating will tumble quickly because of the actions he has already taken. Sending National Guard troops to sleep in a parking garage was a PR fiasco.

Also, I am not convinced that a trial will be held. Alan Dershowitz is adamant that a trial would be unconstitutional. He does not believe Chief Justice Roberts will preside over the trial because the Constitution says that he would preside over the trial of the president and the only president we have is Biden. He also says that it would make no sense for Harris to preside over the trial because it would be a conflict of interest for her.
(01-24-2021, 11:57 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: At this point I can only see only two Senators possibly voting to convict Trump. A guilty vote IMHO would be political suicide for the member doing so. But McConnell is said to be in pretty bad health so, even though a guilty vote would finish it for him, he would be within a month of 85 if he makes it through the whole term. Romney is so far out in space nobody really cares what he does. He'll get primaried if he runs again in 2025.

I'm going to respectfully disagree again TRT. You may be right , but I think there will be quite a few more than two voting to convict. I think McConnell is the key. He's capable of bringing some votes his way if he wants to nail Trump.
No way in hell Trump is convicted for a few reasons: He isn't guilty, it's unconstitutional, any GOP voting to convict will face major backlash + primary trouble, and most of all there will never be enough GOP votes anyway. Here is the spot-on tweet:

Jack Posobiec Flag of United States
@JackPosobiec
·
8h
To be clear, anyone who claims President Trump ‘incited an insurrection’ is just a straight-up liar. Take note of these people for future use.
(01-25-2021, 03:16 AM)jetpilot Wrote: No way in hell Trump is convicted for a few reasons: He isn't guilty, it's unconstitutional, any GOP voting to convict will face major backlash + primary trouble, and most of all there will never be enough GOP votes anyway. Here is the spot-on tweet:

Jack Posobiec Flag of United States
@JackPosobiec
·
8h
To be clear, anyone who claims President Trump ‘incited an insurrection’ is just a straight-up liar. Take note of these people for future use.
There's no way Biden won the 2020 election: He received fewer legal votes than Trump, states violated the U.S. Constitution in creating their election rules, failure by the GOP-controlled state legislatures to address these issues caused voter backlash.

In a country still governed by laws and not by corrupt men and women, the reasons that you cited would absolutely protect Trump from conviction. No Republican could vote for conviction and only corrupt Democrats would vote for conviction.

Too many things have happened since early voting began that cannot be explained in terms of traditional political logic to feel confident that Trump will be found not guilty. Until the House class of 2018 took over, there was no way that Trump would have ever been impeached and absolutely no way there would have been a trial after he left office. The rules have changed and by that, I mean the rules have been shredded and burned.
(01-24-2021, 12:38 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 10:24 AM)vector#1 Wrote: He should be but don't believe enough of the flock will vote for it but if Mitch does then they may be enough to say we need to dump this t!rd

Lawyer for 'QAnon Shaman' says Capitol rioter regrets being 'duped' by Trump | Fox News
Dominion Voting Systems sues Trump lawyer Giuliani over election claims (msn.com)

[-] The following 2 users Like vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1, Gitback Coach
(01-25-2021, 10:08 AM)vector#1 Wrote:

Dominion Voting Systems sues Trump lawyer Giuliani over election claims (msn.com)

Here another Yes vote

Ohio Sen. Rob Portman not running for reelection in 2022 | Fox News
I
f Mitch votes to cut ties with the Turd then it's going to be close
Mitch is mad because the Turd gave the senate to the democrats
(01-25-2021, 02:41 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

Here another Yes vote

I

Yep, he feels Trump cost him his power and nothing pisses off Mitch more than losing power. If he wants to nail Trump bad enough, I would say it will be a very interesting vote. I have no doubt that Mitch and Chuck have already discussed the votes.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1, TheRealThing

Here another Yes vote

I
What makes you think that Portman is a "Yes" vote. Just wishful thinking again on your part?
(01-25-2021, 05:57 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Here another Yes vote

I
What makes you think that Portman is a "Yes" vote. Just wishful thinking again on your part?
Well to be honest he has witnessed the insurrection first hand but so has a lot of people and now that he doesn't have to run for another term he can vote to cut the turd off 
If the IG confirm that the Turd and people in the DOJ was working on a plan to overthrow the election big trouble for the Turd
(01-25-2021, 06:28 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 12:38 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Lawyer for 'QAnon Shaman' says Capitol rioter regrets being 'duped' by Trump | Fox News

Here another Yes vote

I
Well to be honest he has witnessed the insurrection first hand but so has a lot of people and now that he doesn't have to run for another term he can vote to cut the turd off 
If the IG confirm that the Turd and people in the DOJ was working on a plan to overthrow the election big trouble for the Turd
As I suspected, nothing but wishful thinking. Trump left office with a higher job approval rating that Biden had after only 2-1/2 days on the job. Republicans who hope to have a future in national politics are not going to ignore the fact that McConnell is extremely unpopular among Republicans and Trump is still popular despite being the victim of two sham impeachments. Trump is also a powerful fund raiser who already has a large campaign war chest that could be used to help allies or finance primary opponents.

Before Joe Biden is forced to turn the presidency over to Kamala Harris, I predict that he will be one of the most unpopular presidents in the history of this country. Be sure to mark that down and let's check his job approval numbers as he leaves the White House. I am looking forward to it and I don't think that we will have a long wait to see if I am right.
(01-25-2021, 06:40 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 10:08 AM)vector#1 Wrote: Dominion Voting Systems sues Trump lawyer Giuliani over election claims (msn.com)

Here another Yes vote

I
As I suspected, nothing but wishful thinking. Trump left office with a higher job approval rating that Biden had after only 2-1/2 days on the job. Republicans who hope to have a future in national politics are not going to ignore the fact that McConnell is extremely unpopular among Republicans and Trump is still popular despite being the victim of two sham impeachments. Trump is also a powerful fund raiser who already has a large campaign war chest that could be used to help allies or finance primary opponents.

Before Joe Biden is forced to turn the presidency over to Kamala Harris, I predict that he will be one of the most unpopular presidents in the history of this country. Be sure to mark that down and let's check his job approval numbers as he leaves the White House. I am looking forward to it and I don't think that we will have a long wait to see if I am right.
you must be following a Rasmussen  poll you can do better than that
(01-25-2021, 07:45 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 06:40 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 02:41 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Here another Yes vote

I

you must be following a Rasmussen  poll you can do better than that
The Rasmussen poll has been asking the same question using the same methodology since before Obama was elected. I'll bet you liked reading Obama's 67 percent approval rating in the days after he first took office.  Biden is less popular than Trump, despite Tump being impeached twice with no evidence of a crime and despite the mainstream media running stories about him every day that were over 90 percent negative. You just can't handle the truth! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin