Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 62 Powell County 24
Final from Stanton.
Will Powell win a game this year? i want y’all’s opinion
(01-22-2021, 11:44 PM)pocoboy18 Wrote: Will Powell win a game this year? i want y’all’s opinion

If they do it will be either Lee County, Cordia or Burgin. If they win any of those games it won't be by much. 

From what I saw tonight, it maybe 2 or 3 years before Powell County comes back to normal.
They may beat Burgin or Lee County. Based on their scores though Lee County looks to be improved from the last few seasons. If worst comes to worse Powell may be able to schedule some of those home school teams or maybe a Riverside/JBS type of school to pad the win total.
What’s happened to Powell County Basketball? They’ve been on a downhill slide for a few years.
(01-23-2021, 03:32 AM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: What’s happened to Powell County Basketball? They’ve been on a downhill slide for a few years.
No athletes/big men. they have solid guards every year but have no post/above the rim presence. no depth either. playing 5 freshman every game this year
Powell has way to many kids in their school to have to play 5 freshman on varsity. If they aren't getting players to come out and play then I'd think they would look at making a change. Powell's feeder program for basketball hasn't been good in years. If you are one of the bigger schools in the region you should compete for the region at least 1 out of every 10 years. Powell misses the regional tournament 2-3 times every 10 years playing in one of the weakest district in eastern kentucky most years.