Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beechwood 24 Lexington Christian Academy 23 (Class 2A Championship)
Final
LCA doomed by the double doink. Great game though.
Give Hergott Mr. Football.

(12-18-2020, 08:24 PM)Old guy Wrote: LCA doomed by the double doink. Great game though.
Would've been good on high school uprights.
(12-18-2020, 08:25 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: Give Hergott Mr. Football.

(12-18-2020, 08:24 PM)Old guy Wrote: LCA doomed by the double doink. Great game though.

That's a good point.  I thought LCA was a team on a mission and would win this game.  That one has to hurt.  Congrats to Beechwood.

First time watching Hergott this year.  Very bad decision making (Maggard said multiple times on the play by play), threw 4 picks (2 called back for penalties).  Less than 50% completion for the game.  Not sure I would mail the trophy north just yet.
Would love to have seen this one. Started watching it on prep spin......but so much for that. Congrats Beechwood.
(12-18-2020, 08:36 PM)Laker Wrote:

First time watching Hergott this year.  Very bad decision making (Maggard said multiple times on the play by play), threw 4 picks (2 called back for penalties).  Less than 50% completion for the game.  Not sure I would mail the trophy north just yet.

If you’ve never seen him in person then your missing out, he packed Beechwood to a title without a doubt.
(12-18-2020, 08:36 PM)Laker Wrote:

He has had an unbelievable career, the best senior year of any of the other competitors, and his last throw in high school was a TD to win the state title. Give it to him.
Congrats to Beechwood
Hergott had an amazing career but he didn’t put the team on his back for a ring, #8 did. Made big plays all night and the pick with only a couple minutes to play when LCA is close to the end zone and set them up for the game tying FG. And if i’m not mistaken he blocked the PAT as well. Just watched the game with my family on the livestream and we all noticed him from the rest.

Hergott made some bad plays like the 4th quarter pick where he threw across his body on the run into double coverage and a sack in the red zone that made a game tying FG try ten yards longer. However, when the game came down to whose got the most grit, he prevailed above the rest. great win for the tigers and amazing effort by LCA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • PHSForever
Congrats to Beechwood!
Great game, I was pulling for the Tigers, and thought they had let it slip through their fingers, LCA JUST HAD TO MANY PENALTIES, players not on the field,etc.... what a finish!

no. Not even close. Plenty of others better in several classes. Outstanding HS player but not Mr. Football.
(12-18-2020, 10:26 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Hergott had an amazing career but he didn’t put the team on his back for a ring, #8 did. Made big plays all night and the pick with only a couple minutes to play when LCA is close to the end zone and set them up for the game tying FG. And if i’m not mistaken he blocked the PAT as well. Just watched the game with my family on the livestream and we all noticed him from the rest.

Hergott made some bad plays like the 4th quarter pick where he threw across his body on the run into double coverage and a sack in the red zone that made a game tying FG try ten yards longer. However, when the game came down to whose got the most grit, he prevailed above the rest. great win for the tigers and amazing effort by LCA.
#6 Brady Moore blocked the PAT
(12-19-2020, 01:07 AM)pocoboy18 Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 10:26 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Hergott had an amazing career but he didn’t put the team on his back for a ring, #8 did. Made big plays all night and the pick with only a couple minutes to play when LCA is close to the end zone and set them up for the game tying FG. And if i’m not mistaken he blocked the PAT as well. Just watched the game with my family on the livestream and we all noticed him from the rest.

#6 Brady Moore blocked the PAT
Ok sorry everyone was so stunned even the announcers couldn’t come up with words when it happened. I got the 6 and the 8 messed up. But Still a big game for everyone tonight. The KHSAA announcers said in the third quarter that LCA would have to stop Hergott and they win, but beechwood showed tonight just how talented they are all around.
Congrats Beechwood!! Congrats LCA on a great season.

LCA beat themselves in this one abandoning the run on that last drive looking for the pass. U run the ball line it up right down the middle of the field to set up that field goal in the middle instead of on the hash. LCA gashed them for 250 yards on the ground and quite a few on that last drive.

You can’t give a team like Beechwood that many chances to win the game.
Hergott may of one state, but so did Sheron , and was state champ mvp. 3 year careers his stats doesn't compare to Sheron, and Sheron is a UK signed and they have been wanting a Mr. Kentucky at UK. Sheron brought Somerset back in both games against LCA, and first they lost when he got hurt. 2nd game the defense gave up 21 straight points, he brought them back a long with Garland and Doan. Not his fault 5 balls dropped by receivers in the hands including Grundy. My point is great win for Beechwood, loved it, but Mr. Kentucky is a career award. I'm not saying he will win it, but I've been told he is the front runner, but that's just hear say. Anyone can win it know matter what we old guys think. I'll be proud for either one of them. Would love to see a split east and a west Mr.Kentucky with all this talent
I think it was #8 for Beechwood that blocked the PAT to win the game, I thought #8 was the biggest impact player for BW but everyone has a opinion. Congrats to the Wood for getting their first 2A title and doing so in only their 2nd year of play in 2A is not to shabby.
(12-19-2020, 01:40 PM)MayfieldCardinal Wrote: I think it was #8 for Beechwood that blocked the PAT to win the game, I thought #8 was the biggest impact player for BW but everyone has a opinion.  Congrats to the Wood for getting their first 2A title and doing so in only their 2nd year of play in 2A is not to shabby.

No.  It was #6.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Walt Longmire's post:
  • Westside
Tough way to go out. Great game to watch.
Career stats for Hergott
441-673 65.5%
6,214 yards
65 TDs
20 INTs
366 rushes
2376 yards
34 TDs

Career Stats for Sheron
413-640 64.5%
7080 yards
56 TDs
16 INTs
248 rushes
1929 yards
25 TDs

Hergott MVP of 2018 1A title game and 2020 2A title game.
Sheron MVP of 2019 2A title game.
Hergott 1-0 vs LCA in 2020 and Sheron 0-2 in 2020.

Hergott vs Sheron head to head
Beechwood won in 2018
Somerset won in 2019
Senior year advantage Hergott
Career is almost a dead heat
[-] The following 1 user Likes KentuckyHillBilly5321's post:
  • Deuce8
Just think if Hergott had stayed at Highlands....
(12-19-2020, 04:19 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote: Career stats for Hergott
441-673  65.5%
6,214 yards
65 TDs
20 INTs
366 rushes
2376 yards
34 TDs

Career Stats for Sheron
413-640  64.5%
7080 yards
56 TDs
16 INTs
248 rushes
1929 yards
25 TDs

Hergott MVP of 2018 1A title game and 2020 2A title game.
Sheron MVP of 2019 2A title game.
Hergott 1-0 vs LCA in 2020 and Sheron 0-2 in 2020.

Hergott vs Sheron head to head
Beechwood won in 2018
Somerset won in 2019
Senior year advantage Hergott
Career is almost a dead heat
Sheron for Mr. Football 100%
(12-19-2020, 06:40 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Just think if Hergott had stayed at Highlands....
Highlands would be less bad by 1-2 TDs less a game. QB alone won’t fix what’s wrong at Highlands.
Congrats to Beechwood on the championship win, and congrats to LCA for an amazing season. This is the kind of game where you certainly get your money's worth.0
Congrats to Beechwood on the win.I was pulling for my buddy Coach Charles but they did play one heck of a game.(should have won it)anyone remember where Coach Charles played his high school football at.I think he graduated around 1979.
(12-20-2020, 06:07 AM)ethand Wrote: Congrats to Beechwood on the win.I was pulling for my buddy Coach Charles but they did play one heck of a game.(should have won it)anyone remember where Coach Charles played his high school football at.I think he graduated around 1979.

Pikeville
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL