Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview Season Over Because of Covid-19
Fairview decides to end its season because of Covid-19.

https://www.dailyindependent.com/sports/...24f93.html
forefit to raceland ends the season for the struggling eagles program with a 2-6 record. wins over Morgan co. and Lewis co, with a combined record of 1-11. lewis on a 17 game losing streak in its ownright.
Nobody sick, no positive tests...smh
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Tomcat Pride
OR they really didn’t want to play Raceland. Honest question
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hambley's post:
  • scrappy coco
man, if you don't have any positives. And your don't want to play Raceland, then to me the coach needs to be held accountable and Fairview should look for a coach that instills that toughness that they DID have. Just my thoughts and certainly I have no dog in the fight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vols0528's post:
  • scrappy coco
(11-14-2020, 07:16 PM)cadets1988 Wrote: man, if you don't have any positives.  And your don't want to play Raceland, then to me the coach needs to be held accountable and Fairview should look for a coach that instills that toughness that they DID have.  Just my thoughts and certainly I have no dog in the fight.
I don’t think the coach makes these decisions....I could be wrong but I believe it’s higher up the ladder. As far as not wanting to play Raceland.....let’s don’t make it about that. Decision are made on risk reward variables. What is the reward for Fairview playing one more game in a losing season for a struggling program with the risk of making kids sick? I’m sure the staff and administration at Fairview canceled the season in what they feel is the best move for their kids and teachers. Let’s get past the next few months people and see what we have to work with moving forward
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • scrappy coco
scrappy says play the dam game. Win or Lose its Raceland vs. Fairview. anything can happen
(11-13-2020, 06:04 PM)scrappy coco Wrote: forefit to raceland ends the season for the struggling eagles program with a 2-6 record. wins over Morgan co. and Lewis co, with a combined record of 1-11. lewis on a 17 game losing streak in its ownright.
I'm not sure this counts as a forfeit in the record books. I think now it's just considered a 1st Round bye. Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong on this, or if you know if it is a forfeit in the record books.