Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st round playoff games
I know there is some threads for predictions etc, but how many of these games will actually happen? So many of these teams just days ago said they're seasons were over, and many cancelled half they're seasons. Why would you play now. I also want to point out that regular season district games don't decide the district championship. I've seen post like pineville and williamsburg were posters are saying hard way to lose district etc. Only seeding is determined in regular season not the district crowning. Just wanted to put that out there because so many still don't understand the new rule under rpi, but back to post. How many teams do you not see playing Friday. I for one see LCA sitting home because Washington county ain't played hardly anyone.
(11-15-2020, 10:56 PM)foozeball80 Wrote: I know there is some threads for predictions etc, but how many of these games will actually happen? So many of these teams just days ago said they're seasons were over, and many cancelled half they're seasons. Why would you play now. I also want to point out that regular season district games don't decide the district championship. I've seen post like pineville and williamsburg were posters are saying hard way to lose district etc. Only seeding is determined in regular season not the district crowning. Just wanted to put that out there because so many still don't understand the new rule under rpi, but back to post. How many teams do you not see playing Friday. I for one see LCA sitting home because Washington county ain't played hardly anyone.
RPI has nothing to do with district seeding. The worst rated RPI team could technically be 1st in the district. Won’t see it, but still has nothing to do with the actual district. RPI really doesn’t matter until round 3 on and stops before district play. 

But I have seen teams celebrate for district season championship. Nothing wrong with it, I still remember years and years ago, Corbin lost the district season title to Greenup county, then traveled there for the playoffs and beat them. If that happened now and they wanted to call themselves district champs, I don’t really care, we’re not playing for districts. But I see your point
I was using new rpi as reference of new system. I know it doesn't have anything to do with district. Mainly Wondering about playoff teams. Lol I should of been more clear.
If this weeks games get cancelled, the most likely scenario is to cut back to the top 2 seeds in each district the following week. If cancelled after this week, I'd say they call it a season. You can't keep pushing it back 2 or 3 weeks. Just my opinion.
(11-16-2020, 09:17 AM)KYHSFBFan Wrote: If this weeks games get cancelled, the most likely scenario is to cut back to the top 2 seeds in each district the following week. If cancelled after this week, I'd say they call it a season. You can't keep pushing it back 2 or 3 weeks. Just my opinion.

Nothing is going to change in the next month.  You either play through the surge and make teams with positive cases forfeit just like in soccer or you call it off.
I see no compelling reason to call it off.  I have yet to hear of a single "mass outbreak" related to a football game and I have yet to hear of any players becoming hospitalized with the virus.

Taking kids out of organized activities accomplishes nothing except taking away an accountability structure in their lives.  But some folks just want to feel like they are "doing something" to control the spread.

Ask any good leader what the best thing to do in some cases...  They're response?  "Nothing".  That's what we need right now.  Continue down the same path we are on.  If we think that basketball is more dangerous because it is played indoors, fine.  But we've got a ton of data on football and soccer and none of it says cancelling helps slow the pandemic.
Apollo vs McCracken County as of today are playing with Parents of players only allowed tickets. all season ticket holders are receiving refunds for cancelled games. Season ticket holders cannot purchase tickets, no gate sales.
If any, I say it will be teams that don't stand a chance that the administration don't want to travel to red counties. A lot of the teams that were dropping out we're at the bottom with 1 or 2 or no wins.