Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the playoffs realistic this year?
With all of the cancelations through the regular season and teams finding make up games, is it even feasible to realistically expect the playoffs to play out in normal fashion this year?  I hope it is able to happen for the sake of all of the kids and coaches that have worked hard but it just seems like it could be a logistical nightmare.
I think it makes the most sense to take the District 1 Seeds to start. Playoff the Region Championship as the first round and hope you get 3 weeks in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther Thunder's post:
  • Orange Blaze
(10-15-2020, 04:11 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote: I think it makes the most sense to take the District 1 Seeds to start. Playoff the Region Championship as the first round and hope you get 3 weeks in.

Do you think this would be a good year to look at possible neutral sites to avoid the possibility of a school refusing to travel to a red county?
(10-15-2020, 04:11 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote: I think it makes the most sense to take the District 1 Seeds to start. Playoff the Region Championship as the first round and hope you get 3 weeks in.
Not a bad idea but I think it's too late for that now. It's all or nothing at this point you would think. If you have to cancel in the playoffs then that's it, you're out.
As the season goes on we're just seeing more & more counties in the red, not less. I'm certainly no expert, but I don't see that changing anytime soon. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but I don't see it happening. I hope I'm proven wrong though. If it was based on positive cases within the school system instead of the county community then I would have a different opinion, but with the system they have in place, I don't see it working.