Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jefferson County Proposal for sports restart
Since it seems that Andy's decisions have all been made in consultation with JCPS and the Jefferson County Teacher's association, I'm betting andy pushes for something like this.

Classic, "we need to do something to make it look like we did something" leadership.

If this is what we have to settle for, fine.  But this is completely pointless.

https://www.wdrb.com/sports/jcps-will-co...c8204.html
That’s JCPS attempting to compromise or save face. What they are doing is canceling the 9/11 and 9/18 game but allowing teams to start playing 9/25. The 9/25 date just happens to be week one of district play. Really all they are doing is dropping 9/11 since on 9/18 they will be scrimmaging another JCPS team.
(08-24-2020, 11:47 AM)Go Blazers Go Wrote: Since it seems that Andy's decisions have all been made in consultation with JCPS and the Jefferson County Teacher's association, I'm betting andy pushes for something like this.

Classic, "we need to do something to make it look like we did something" leadership.

https://www.wdrb.com/sports/jcps-will-co...c8204.html
(08-24-2020, 12:28 PM)ratherbefishin Wrote:
(08-24-2020, 11:47 AM)Go Blazers Go Wrote: Since it seems that Andy's decisions have all been made in consultation with JCPS and the Jefferson County Teacher's association, I'm betting andy pushes for something like this.

https://www.wdrb.com/sports/jcps-will-consider-phased-in-approach-to-fall-sports-at-board-meeting-monday/article_c4a8fc14-e596-11ea-b97b-ab9bf01c8204.html

Not sure what you response is?
After rereading it they start play 9/18 with a scrimmage 9/12. So they want an extra week and a scrimmage before the season starts. No big deal and looks good for the rest of the state.
(08-24-2020, 12:57 PM)barrel Wrote: After rereading it they start play 9/18 with a scrimmage 9/12. So they want an extra week and a scrimmage before the season starts. No big deal and looks good for the rest of the state.
Have they said what the point of them moving it back was?
No they haven’t. They are starting practice tomorrow if I’m reading it correctly. It basically looks like they want one extra week of practice plus a scrimmage before throwing their kids into a game. Some Lexington schools have canceled their first two games saying they wanted more practice time.

There are a number of states that only give teams roughly three weeks of practice before opening the season. I would not be surprised if both the practice start date and the season start date get pushed back next season.
(08-24-2020, 02:13 PM)barrel Wrote: No they haven’t. They are starting practice tomorrow if I’m reading it correctly. It basically looks like they want one extra week of practice plus a scrimmage before throwing their kids into a game. Some Lexington schools have canceled their first two games saying they wanted more practice time.

There are a number of states that only give teams roughly three weeks of practice before opening the season. I would not be surprised if both the practice start date and the season start date get pushed back next season.

I don't necessarily disagree with needing more football practice time.  But the other sports should be able to start games as originally scheduled.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Go Blazers Go's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
What JCPS is doing is allowing I believe others to start but holding back contact with opposing teams until later for football. That is the understanding I’m getting.
(08-24-2020, 03:33 PM)Go Blazers Go Wrote:
(08-24-2020, 02:13 PM)barrel Wrote: No they haven’t. They are starting practice tomorrow if I’m reading it correctly. It basically looks like they want one extra week of practice plus a scrimmage before throwing their kids into a game. Some Lexington schools have canceled their first two games saying they wanted more practice time.

I don't necessarily disagree with needing more football practice time.  But the other sports should be able to start games as originally scheduled.

There isn't enough practice time not even close, can't practice over 1hr 30min this week makes it even harder, but I guess they will take what they can
get. I f Andy doesn't push it back, I hope people are man enough to say they were wrong. We shall see