•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Emergency
TheRealThing Wrote:The New York Times is worse than a rag and plays a lead part in the left's coup d'état against America. In cutting off the funding for The Times, as well as CNN, MSNBC and the rest, the people have the power to curtail the propaganda which has paralyzed the US. And it's all very simple, by just not buying the lie filled newspapers or watching fake news, the paying advertisers would melt away and the Times subscribership would return to the failing state in which Carlos Slim found it. In that scenario the NYT would lapse back into the mediocrity and obscurity it has so deservedly earned. Not to mention the fact that absent the above mentioned cheerleaders, rabid Dems would find their task of terraforming the USA to more readily accept liberalism, to be a far more daunting challenge.

As far as the reopening, the only sane course of action here is the rolling open. People who are the most vulnerable should continue to live a reserved lifestyle. And the virile should resume their lives. Though CV is highly communicable, the real morbidity numbers are much less severe than DR Fauci's estimate / downwardly revised estimates and counting. It's time to get back to work, stop politicizing the medical field and allow the doctors and researchers the relatively unrestricted space they need to affect valid treatments and ultimately a vaccine.

But no. The Governors are way too fond of the nightly 'prea-fing' to give up the limelight. If you're still listening to Kentucky's Gov, you got a lot stronger stomach than I do.
I agree 100%, but as bad as they are the Washington Post is even worse.
Cat ™
@cat2
·
Apr 19
We skeptical, common sense people have been right from the beginning.

The fear-monger, panic-pushers were 100% wrong.

The government should open this economy again - fully.

Scared people can hide in their homes - that's their choice.

I choose freedom over fear.
Clay Travis
@ClayTravis
·
32m
Monday coronavirus positivity: Italy hits lowest new daily cases since March 10th. New York deaths continue to plummet, down nearly 50% since peak. Spain, Germany, England $ France also down huge. Coronabros looking for next apocalypse: https://worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
You guys realize that the sacrifices people are making by staying at home and practicing social distancing are why the CV numbers are going down, right?
Cardfan1 Wrote:You guys realize that the sacrifices people are making by staying at home and practicing social distancing are why the CV numbers are going down, right?

Let me clue you on something Cardfan. For every one who's decided to stay home in the way the Governor has asked, I guarantee there is a counterpart out there whose travel habits are limited only by the fact that most of the places they want to go are closed. Very frequently I see cars and trucks jammed with passengers out and about. Cars loaded with teenagers going through McD's and etc. Then there is the shutdown for Kentuckians as far as interstate travel is concerned, we have to self quarantine for two weeks if we dare leave the state "by plane or by car."

Ohioans however, not so much. Throughout all of this CV epidemic saga to my knowledge, there has been no strings whatever on our neighbors to the north limiting or infringing on travel, or shopping and all manner of commerce frankly, in Kentucky.

I heard Varney flipping out today because some genius said only one in five restaurants which have been ordered closed will in fact reopen. The rest are out of business for good. He went on to speculate and bemoan the social distancing rules that will certainly have an adverse effect on the restaurants which are fortunate enough to open. A guest had to remind MR Varney of one inescapable fact that not of lot of folks are talking about right now. Anybody who has any concerns of catching CV are not going to venture out to such public places until we get a vaccine. Until that happens businesses will be sparsely visited.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cardfan1 Wrote:You guys realize that the sacrifices people are making by staying at home and practicing social distancing are why the CV numbers are going down, right?

Yes it has helped, but you ignore the costs, which are unimaginable. You also don't seem to understand all viruses have gone away without shutting the world down. I am going to have a great spring and summer, hope you do as well once your TV tells you it's ok for you to leave your house.
TheRealThing Wrote:Let me clue you on something Cardfan. For every one who's decided to stay home in the way the Governor has asked, I guarantee there is a counterpart out there whose travel habits are limited only by the fact that most of the places they want to go are closed. Very frequently I see cars and trucks jammed with passengers out and about. Cars loaded with teenagers going through McD's and etc. Then there is the shutdown for Kentuckians as far as interstate travel is concerned, we have to self quarantine for two weeks if we dare leave the state "by plane or by car."

Ohioans however, not so much. Throughout all of this CV epidemic saga to my knowledge, there has been no strings whatever on our neighbors to the north limiting or infringing on travel, or shopping and all manner of commerce frankly, in Kentucky.

I heard Varney flipping out today because some genius said only one in five restaurants which have been ordered closed will in fact reopen. The rest are out of business for good. He went on to speculate and bemoan the social distancing rules that will certainly have an adverse effect on the restaurants which are fortunate enough to open. A guest had to remind MR Varney of one inescapable fact that not of lot of folks are talking about right now. Anybody who has any concerns of catching CV are not going to venture out to such public places until we get a vaccine. Until that happens businesses will be sparsely visited.

You’re not “clueing me in” I see it everyday. I see tons of people be irresponsible. I’ll have to say I don’t like seeing the out of state license plates around my town. We will be seeing them more and more as the summer gets closer. Those folks won’t quarantine.

Several businesses will struggle and close. The same thing may have happened if there weren’t closures. Business would have been down without government and creditor assistance.
jetpilot Wrote:Yes it has helped, but you ignore the costs, which are unimaginable. You also don't seem to understand all viruses have gone away without shutting the world down. I am going to have a great spring and summer, hope you do as well once your TV tells you it's ok for you to leave your house.

How many viruses killed 18k New Yorkers in a month with a lockdown?
Cardfan1 Wrote:How many viruses killed 18k New Yorkers in a month with a lockdown?

1. Well the numbers are clearly overstated. They are counting deaths from heart attacks, falling off of buildings, and every other type of death known to man. Then they decided to add many thousands of deaths of people who never tested positive for the virus to the total way after the fact just because they felt like it.

2. Regardless, the flu kills tens of thousands of people a year, and

3. I'm not staying under my bed in Pikeville KY until there are no sick New Yorkers.
From a big time liberal:

<<Bill Maher
@billmaher
·
4h
Following up on my point on Friday's Real Time re #FlashlightJournalism (as in, flashlight under your chin), NY Times next day has a page "Those We've Lost": 6 ppl profiled, ages 33, 48, 31, 25, 64, 94 leading one to believe that 2/3 of those taken by covid are under 50, vs...

...the reality of less than 5%, in line with last year's flu. And the profiles are about personal details only, nothing about possible underlying conditions, which would give this context. Context, which is what we need right now, not more fear.>>

Jordan Schachtel
@JordanSchachtel
·
3h
New serology study indicates real infection fatality rate (IFR) in Los Angeles County is between 0.13% and 0.26%
Quote Tweet

Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
· 3h
1/And new from @USC @lapublichealth: An antibody study showing 4% of LA has been infected. With a clear explanation:

"Infections from the new coronavirus are far more widespread - and the fatality rate much lower - in L.A. County than previously thought."
http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/phcommo...?prid=2328
Show this thread
Cardfan1 Wrote:You’re not “clueing me in” I see it everyday. I see tons of people be irresponsible. I’ll have to say I don’t like seeing the out of state license plates around my town. We will be seeing them more and more as the summer gets closer. Those folks won’t quarantine.

Several businesses will struggle and close. The same thing may have happened if there weren’t closures. Business would have been down without government and creditor assistance.

You sure about that? Worst case scenario in hitting just a few of the canyon sized holes in Kentucky's CV strategy, I did get you to back up a smidge on the wonders of Democrat leadership. I just heard the good governor bragging about Kentuckians being 'the best' at social distancing in the US. So let's not pin the medal of freedom on Beshear Junior just yet.

Little Andy just could not resist reading a question this evening submitted by WaPo. His answer was predictably to say Kentucky had a shortfall of the necessary medical supplies. Well DUH, whose responsibility is Kentucky's medical preparedness anyway? But the Post will find a way to blame Trump for this nation's governors own shortfalls or know the reason why. And in Governor Beshear they found a man willing to shift the blame that was rightfully attributable to the Governor of Kentucky. For the nth time, emergency medical supplies are the responsibility of each state governor. That means determining how much, or how many of things like PPE, ventilators, coronavirus test kits, hospital stress tests, you name it. Otherwise, if all governors have to do is point at the President for all this stuff why even have one (governor) at all? But for what it's worth, anybody ever heard of a Kentuckian who couldn't get CV testing because of the shortage of tests? Just wondering.

I know I'd like to have a CV antibody test. Any chance of that happening in 2020? According to the Governor, the Federal Government is just going to have to step up and "give Kentucky a lot of assistance, in a lot of areas." Really? I thought he was the guy who could just snap his fingers and make the Kentucky State pensions shortfall just disappear. But I digress. So Ohioans and Indianans and Tennesseans and whoever, can just pay for all our stuff, while we stand waiting with our arms crossed and tap our toes. Confusednicker: Well, we'll see how that turns out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jetpilot Wrote:
Jordan Schachtel
@JordanSchachtel
·
3h
New serology study indicates real infection fatality rate (IFR) in Los Angeles County is between 0.13% and 0.26%
Quote Tweet

Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
· 3h
1/And new from @USC @lapublichealth: An antibody study showing 4% of LA has been infected. With a clear explanation:

"Infections from the new coronavirus are far more widespread - and the fatality rate much lower - in L.A. County than previously thought."
http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/phcommo...?prid=2328
Show this thread

This why we don't cede the powers of the Presidency during times like this to some doctor, no matter how respected he may be. Fauci would have us holed up till this time next year. And we need to darn well speed up the process of vaccine development. We can't be 2 years in caves every time something like this hits. Again, no matter what Fauci says.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You sure about that? Worst case scenario in hitting just a few of the canyon sized holes in Kentucky's CV strategy, I did get you to back up a smidge on the wonders of Democrat leadership. I just heard the good governor bragging about Kentuckians being 'the best' at social distancing in the US. So let's not pin the medal of freedom on Beshear Junior just yet.

Little Andy just could not resist reading a question this evening submitted by WaPo. His answer was predictably to say Kentucky had a shortfall of the necessary medical supplies. Well DUH, whose responsibility is Kentucky's medical preparedness anyway? But the Post will find a way to blame Trump for this nation's governors own shortfalls or know the reason why. And in Governor Beshear they found a man willing to shift the blame that was rightfully attributable to the Governor of Kentucky. For the nth time, emergency medical supplies are the responsibility of each state governor. That means determining how much, or how many of things like PPE, ventilators, coronavirus test kits, hospital stress tests, you name it. Otherwise, if all governors have to do is point at the President for all this stuff why even have one (governor) at all? But for what it's worth, anybody ever heard of a Kentuckian who couldn't get CV testing because of the shortage of tests? Just wondering.

I know I'd like to have a CV antibody test. Any chance of that happening in 2020? According to the Governor, the Federal Government is just going to have to step up and "give Kentucky a lot of assistance, in a lot of areas." Really? I thought he was the guy who could just snap his fingers and make the Kentucky State pensions shortfall just disappear. But I digress. So Ohioans and Indianans and Tennesseans and whoever, can just pay for all our stuff, while we stand waiting with our arms crossed and tap our toes. Confusednicker: Well, we'll see how that turns out.

Less about leadership and more about citizens not following policy. Can’t blame them much when you read the President’s tweets and those on the right trying to discount the seriousness of the virus. What do they do when their role models are deniers?

Most of the Governors in the nation are unhappy with the federal govt’s response, so I guess they aren’t quiet the experts you and the president are on federal responsibilities.

I’m not sure Kentucky has had a Coronavirus outbreak to warrant antibody tests. I hope we don’t have to resort to that. Italy is only doing them in certain areas.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Less about leadership and more about citizens not following policy. Can’t blame them much when you read the President’s tweets and those on the right trying to discount the seriousness of the virus. [SIZE="3"]What do they do when their role models are deniers?

Most of the Governors in the nation are unhappy with the federal govt’s response, so I guess they aren’t quiet the experts you and the president are on federal responsibilities. [/SIZE]

I’m not sure Kentucky has had a Coronavirus outbreak to warrant antibody tests. I hope we don’t have to resort to that. Italy is only doing them in certain areas.

THE BOLDED Oh they're experts alright. Experts in shirking responsibility. Any 5th grader would know enough basic civics to understand individual States' sovereignty. I won't waste any more time educating you on basic tenets of the Constitution, because you like all libs, think feelings are supposed to trump law. But you-- the epic denier of all deniers would call out the only man in the land to take the CV seriously? :please: After I posted the fact that Governor Beshear said Kentuckians are the best example of social distancing available you're still going to find a way to sidestep that unsubstantiated spin, (even after you agreed with most of my points); and pin the pandemic on the President anyway. I'm going to be forthcoming with you here. If you are older, and I doubt that you are, you have seriously missed the reality boat somewhere in the past. Hence the ridiculous part of your post which I bolded.

I'm thinking about posting the actual timeline for the what and when everybody from the media at large, to all the Democrats to include the debates, to Governor Cuomo to the New York Times, from the Washington Post to NYC Mayor de Blasio, to his City health administrator. Now this is not he said/she said. This is actual new articles and live TV interview of ALL of them pooh-poohing the threat of CV up until it came up and smacked them all in the mouth. When I do you'll see how absurd your claims about Trump in this matter really are.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Real CV Timeline

https://hannity.com/media-room/media-amn...-coverage/

That's the link to view the real timeline and what was said on all sides of the shameful CV politicization. Far too lengthy (and damning) to all but the President, anybody who really wants to understand what is going on needs to take the time to see what really happened what really was said, and when.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cardfan1 Wrote:Less about leadership and more about citizens not following policy. Can’t blame them much when you read the President’s tweets and those on the right trying to discount the seriousness of the virus. What do they do when their role models are deniers?

Most of the Governors in the nation are unhappy with the federal govt’s response, so I guess they aren’t quiet the experts you and the president are on federal responsibilities.

You are a way too obvious spewer of liberal propaganda. Tons of quotes by liberals downplaying the virus. How could you have possibly missed them all?Confusednicker:

Cory Russell
2 hrs ·
Of the 3050 cases of Covid -19 in KY, Nearly 1200 have made a full recovery, did anyone tell you that GOOD NEWS TODAY ? The rest are either still in QTN at home or the hospital! 154 have passed, not sure what exactly killed em but I guess Covid played a role !

One thing I do know is if someone has cancer but they get a serious infection that kills em, they are typically labeled as a Patient that has succumbed to complications of cancer!

However in the current situation none of the cancer patients would be listed that way! They would be listed as another COVID 19 death!
Shem Horne
@Shem_Infinite
·
4h
The media is not happy that there aren't 2 million people dead from the virus. They're not happy that everyone that needed a ventilator got one. They're not happy that the curve is being flattened and some states will be able to re-open soon. That tells you all you need to know.
Dinesh D'Souza
@DineshDSouza
The #Coronavirus death toll in the US is not 40,000. That’s the padded number, like measuring my height by standing on my toes. The real death toll is significantly lower. The medical establishment is trying to vindicate its false projections with an exercise in self-deception
TheRealThing Wrote:THE BOLDED Oh they're experts alright. Experts in shirking responsibility. Any 5th grader would know enough basic civics to understand individual States' sovereignty. I won't waste any more time educating you on basic tenets of the Constitution, because you like all libs, think feelings are supposed to trump law. But you-- the epic denier of all deniers would call out the only man in the land to take the CV seriously? :please: After I posted the fact that Governor Beshear said Kentuckians are the best example of social distancing available you're still going to find a way to sidestep that unsubstantiated spin, (even after you agreed with most of my points); and pin the pandemic on the President anyway. I'm going to be forthcoming with you here. If you are older, and I doubt that you are, you have seriously missed the reality boat somewhere in the past. Hence the ridiculous part of your post which I bolded.

I'm thinking about posting the actual timeline for the what and when everybody from the media at large, to all the Democrats to include the debates, to Governor Cuomo to the New York Times, from the Washington Post to NYC Mayor de Blasio, to his City health administrator. Now this is not he said/she said. This is actual new articles and live TV interview of ALL of them pooh-poohing the threat of CV up until it came up and smacked them all in the mouth. When I do you'll see how absurd your claims about Trump in this matter really are.

I'm not sure how you measure social distancing, but my guess is
Beshear's comment is about how our state has flattened the curve faster. Most of these Governors have law degrees, and have been in public service. Trump? Where is his expertise?

What if this is all some type of Chinese biological attack on America? Would it be the responsibility of the federal govt to come to the aid of states then?

I already called out Cuomo and DeBlasio.TongueirateSho

You gave me a link to "commentary" show. His own network doesn't even call the :flush: he serves up as news.
Cardfan1 Wrote:I'm not sure how you measure social distancing, but my guess is
Beshear's comment is about how our state has flattened the curve faster. Most of these Governors have law degrees, and have been in public service. Trump? Where is his expertise?

What if this is all some type of Chinese biological attack on America? Would it be the responsibility of the federal govt to come to the aid of states then?

You gave me a link to "commentary" show. His own network doesn't even call the :flush: he serves up as news.

Where is yours to even comment either way?

I know, I know...You are a millennial, you know everything.:eyeroll::eyeroll:

Yeah Boy!!! Now that certainly means alot...Makes them "professional" scumbags, now doesn't it?
Bob Seger Wrote:Where is yours to even comment either way?

I know, I know...You are a millennial, you know everything.:eyeroll::eyeroll:

Not a millennial. :zzz:

Bob Seger Wrote:Yeah Boy!!! Now that certainly means alot...Makes them "professional" scumbags, now doesn't it?

Scumbags who know more about law and government than the President who has been a real estate man his whole life.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Not a millennial. :zzz:

Scumbags who know more about law and government than the President who has been a real estate man his whole life.

I see you have an affection for some of the lowest forms of life who have ever existed on this planet. I never had a doubt that you would hold professionally trained liars in such high esteem.

Wannabee?

Thank you for giving all the more reason to go with "Trump in 2020"..
Bob Seger Wrote:I see you have an affection for some of the lowest forms of life who have ever existed on this planet. I never had a doubt that you would hold professionally trained liars in such high esteem.

Wannabee?

Thank you for giving all the more reason to go with "Trump in 2020"..

Affection? just stating a fact. Trump's expertise isn't law.

I know a lot of good people who fall in the millennial generation. I know some low lifes too, but that is the case with every generation.

Not shocked. :flush:
Cardfan1 Wrote:Affection? just stating a fact. Trump's expertise isn't law.

I know a lot of good people who fall in the millennial generation. I know some low lifes too, but that is the case with every generation.

Not shocked. :flush:

And evidently those that you proclaim to "know law" must not have been very good students of it, because they keep breaking those laws..Heck, even your beloved FBI and CIA broke a bunch of them trying to spy on Trump, and they are the ones who are supposed to be enforcing those laws, and held to the absolute highest standards.

But then, perhaps they are all nothing but just downright crooks to begin with!!!

A lawyer is one of the very last people on this earth that I would describe as "honorable".
Bob Seger Wrote:And evidently those that you proclaim to "know law" must not have been very good students of it, because they keep breaking those laws..Heck, even your beloved FBI and CIA broke a bunch of them trying to spy on Trump, and they are the ones who are supposed to be enforcing those laws, and held to the absolute highest standards.

But then, perhaps they are all nothing but just downright crooks to begin with!!!

A lawyer is one of the very last people on this earth that I would describe as "honorable".

Bolded? Both of those groups have been guilty of violating civil rights for decades. Funny it's being noticed now since Trump is the target.

I never said they were honorable. Just said they know more about government than Trump and his new interpretation of the responsibility of our federal govt during a National Emergency, so he can save face from his embarrassing shortfalls. :HitWall:

No. You're not going to give me the hocker on a doorknob slidestep this time. I prefaced posting the link with factual information that precludes the possibility of the injection of anybody's personal bias. All the items which make up the factual timeline are cited from newspaper articles, dated interview clips from the various news agencies, and though they are admittedly laughable, dated statements from those agencies reporting efforts. Not to mention a very replete record of Dem denials and scoffing at federal efforts to thwart the pandemics arrival in the US.

So you know what you can do with your flush. You have no choice when confronted with facts except to go brain dead full-bull liberal, and that reaction is predictable among the willfully ignorant. Kentucky flattened the curve because we are far less urban than NYC. However, the Louisville area is equally far more urban as compared to the rest of the state, and the CV statistics from that area consequently far eclipse the statistics for the rest of the state. Cuomo et-al were blowing off the CV threat one minute, and literally the next minute in order to escape just due for their own miserable failures, they were slamming the President. You couldn't get on board fast enough.

Saw a big dramatic picture of the temporary, totally empty hospital set up at UK's Nutter Field House. You said yourself the curve for this state has begun to flatten. Kentucky has thrown more money at this thing already than reason could possibly dictate, so where's the justification? In my town we have a major medical facility sitting empty. No procedures, no diagnoses, no treatments of any kind for the most part. And why? Because we're still worried about an existential onslaught of CV, I guess. In the meantime lots of folks with imminently serious, if not fatal real time threats are in queue until the CV pandemic resolves. In the best case important or detrimental issues will be missed, and the ramifications for having missed those issues could mean peoples lives will be gravely impacted. Anybody other than me see a moral conflict in that tack?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cardfan1 Wrote:Bolded? Both of those groups have been guilty of violating civil rights for decades. Funny it's being noticed now since Trump is the target.

I never said they were honorable. Just said they know more about government than Trump and his new interpretation of the responsibility of our federal govt during a National Emergency, so he can save face from his embarrassing shortfalls. :HitWall:

Even in the face of all this you cannot let the civil rights steed run free can you? Where are your civil rights at this point Cardfan? You're just getting the first little taste of being stripped of your rights to live freely. Believe me, when you compare this to what is to come, today will seem like utopia.

But where Trump is concerned and his understanding of the law. His is far better than your own "new" and recent ascension to constitutional scholarship. Trump is advised by the best. And their viability in such matters are being tested by the other side's 'best' continually. You may have noticed that the vast majority of the time Trump wins in court. And all I can tell you is if you can't experience embarrassment for yourself, you would do well in not diagnosing situations where others should be embarrassed. Especially in the case of a man far superior to yourself.

ABTW, in your case I doubt that a "wall hit" is going to do the trick. As soon as elective procedures are back on, you might want to give the lobotomy route a try. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next