Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic Game Links
1993 Paintsville vs Mayfield Championship

http://www.mayfieldcardinals.net/?page_id=316

Hope it works. Great game with commentary via Mayfield radio station.
SImpleplan Wrote:1993 Paintsville vs Mayfield Championship

http://www.mayfieldcardinals.net/?page_id=316

Hope it works. Great game with commentary via Mayfield radio station.

It is actually Prestonsburg Vs Mayfield 93 Title game

Truly was a great game, one the Cardinals were lucky to have pulled out
Mayfield Cardinals.net
has a media link that will take you hundreds of game links. They are posted by year once one clicks on the media centerhttp://www.mayfieldcardinals.net/

Happy Easter to all!
JokersWild24 Wrote:2002 - Trinity vs. Male - State Finals

Brian Brohm vs. Michael Bush. Tons of college players on both sides.

One of, if not the best high school football games I ever saw. I was lucky to have been there that weekend watching my Mayfield Cardinals and decided to stick around and watch this instant classic led by future NFL stars. If there is a game I would call a must watch, this is it!
Yep. My mistake. Great game, though!
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:One of, if not the best high school football games I ever saw. I was lucky to have been there that weekend watching my Mayfield Cardinals and decided to stick around and watch this instant classic led by future NFL stars. If there is a game I would call a must watch, this is it!

Agreed.
The 1983 Pikeville vs Cumberland (although a loss for my Panthers) was a great game. Very hard hitting and on a sloppy field. Made for a LONG bus ride home. To this day I believe they were the second team who could or should have won state (79 being the other) At Cumberland, 12-1 in 83, and 10-4 in 84 with a loss to Beechwood in the semis. Wish we still had video of those two games even though they were losses for us.
2014 - John Hardin vs. Graves County - 5A State Semi-Finals

Graves County comes in off an upset against Bowling Green and travel to Radcliff to face off with the Bulldogs.
1988 - Highlands vs. Bell County

Playoff game between the Bluebirds and Bobcats from Log Mountain.
1988 - Highlands vs. Covington Catholic - 3A State Playoffs

Muddy war between two schools that have no love lost for one another from Covington Catholic.
1999 - Hancock County vs. Somerset - Class A State Semi-Final

I don't know what's going on at the end of this video (fans tear down the goal posts, the screen goes black while Biggie's "Big Poppa" plays, etc.,), but you do get to see the game itself.
2000 - Kentucky vs. Tennessee All-Stars

From Commonwealth Stadium in Lexington. Plenty of recognizable names in this one. Kentucky is led by Shane Boyd and Travis Atwell, and the roster also include future Kentucky Wildcats Jeremy Caudill, Josh Jaggers, and Gerad Parker.

Tennessee has a hard-nosed tight end you might have heard of named Jason Witten.
really enjoy watching some of these old games. Keep them coming!!!!! Had never seen the Mayfield Pburg state championship. Can't believe how P-burg let that one slip away at the end. I'll give that MF team credit they just kept playing until they got a chance to win it.

Leslie County vs Knott County 1995 Mud game
2003 - Mason County vs. Lloyd Memorial

Royals had Dustin Grutza (Cincinnati) and Chris Lofton (Tennessee basketball).
2003 - Elizabethtown vs. Owensboro Catholic - Class AA Semi-Final

Elizabethtown is led by Brandon Deadrick (Alabama), Zipp Duncan (Kentucky), and Chris Todd (Auburn), as they travel to Owensboro to take on the Aces in frigid temperatures.
2003 - Belfry vs. Elizabethtown - Class AA State Finals

See above for a rundown on Elizabethtown's squad. Belfry makes their first appearance in the State Championship game since 1986. The Pirates were led by David Jones (Kentucky, Baltimore Ravens) and Doug Howard, who was a force of nature and one of many Belfry fans' favorite players of all-time.
1997 - Covington Catholic vs. Hopkinsville - AAA State Finals

Artose Pinner (Kentucky, Detroit Lions) and the Hop-Town Tigers meet Covington Catholic to play for it all in Louisville.
JokersWild24 Wrote:2003 - Belfry vs. Elizabethtown - Class AA State Finals

See above for a rundown on Elizabethtown's squad. Belfry makes their first appearance in the State Championship game since 1986. The Pirates were led by David Jones (Kentucky, Baltimore Ravens) and Doug Howard, who was a force of nature and one of many Belfry fans' favorite players of all-time.

Great find!
Pulaski Co @ Southwestern 2018-2019

Sloan makes crazy sideline, toe tap grab in the red zone.
Cain end the drive as well as the game with a walk off scamper into the endzone with under a minute. Truly one of the best high school games I've seen.

#MaroonsOnTop
#MFL
1995 - Bowling Green vs. Ft. Thomas Highlands - 3A State Finals

The Purples best the Bluebirds in Louisville and exorcise the demons from a previous collapse in the 1994 Finals.
PHSForever Wrote:The 1983 Pikeville vs Cumberland (although a loss for my Panthers) was a great game. Very hard hitting and on a sloppy field. Made for a LONG bus ride home. To this day I believe they were the second team who could or should have won state (79 being the other) At Cumberland, 12-1 in 83, and 10-4 in 84 with a loss to Beechwood in the semis. Wish we still had video of those two games even though they were losses for us.

Cumberland had one of their better football teams in 1987, and with so much hype and anticipation for that game in'87 (playoff) i wish someone would put that game up. Panthers won that one just as they did all games that season. That one would be a keeper. jmo.
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:Cumberland had one of their better football teams in 1987, and with so much hype and anticipation for that game in'87 (playoff) i wish someone would put that game up. Panthers won that one just as they did all games that season. That one would be a keeper. jmo.

I had the opportunity to go see that game. So much tension and hype preceding this one from both sides. Cumberland made the statement that they felt they could take the Panthers at Cumberland on their own turf. This was a great football game as the Indians were a big, strong team with some very good backs and a pretty good QB, but Cumberland couldn't take the Panthers even on their own turf.
^^^All the fan buses pulled into Cumberland and it was an awesome sight!!! Very hard-hitting game and Pikeville had a couple TDs called back but if I remember correctly still won in a shutout. But very good Cumberland team and CHS was a very hard place to win at!
Yep. Panthers did shut them out jp. by a score of 28-0. I remember Coach Howard saying after the game that more points could've been scored if he hadn't called the Panthers off. He also said after the season was over that Cumberland was one of the hardest hitting, and better opponents that season; Pineville probably the toughest.
This was a great game to go back and watch