Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roundball thoughts
The 1971 East Chicago Washington team from Indiana is one of the top 5 teams in history for this state. The 1970 Thornridge-Dolton team from Illinois is a top 5 team of all time for this state. Theses schools were only 20 miles apart but never played each other. Quinn Buckner played at Thornridge.
The first time Marion County came on our basketball radar was around 93-94 season with Anthony Epps and Elton Scott with Tim Davis as coach. Tim then spent 20 seasons at Campbellsville. I would like Tim to pick a 5th region team with Scott Boley from Larue County and Kevin Ellery from Washington County. They will play my 15th region team at the Barn in Mount Sterling. We will honor Jerry Ravenscraft of Morehead. On Saturday move the game to the Prestonsburg Fieldhouse and we will honor Joe Marson and Ralph Goode Feds Creek. Officials will be Dale Conn15/14, Ken Catron 10/16 and Stephen Brock Kettle Island{Pineville}.
Moses Malone in 74 averaged 40 points and 25 rebounds a game. To take a scenic drive through the Shendoah Valley and then watched him play at state tournament.
The 1984 12th region was played at Wayne County. The 9th region got the call. That means the official from Cincinnati drove a good 3 hours before he turned his right turn signal on.
As i write this i hope the printing presses in Louisville are adding Honorable Mention names on the sports section. Tyler Maynard Lawrence County, the coaches sons at Knox Central and Estill County. Trey Francis from Phelps also. Cody Potter Shelby Valley deserves second team. Trey James deserves third team or High Honorable Mention like Illinois does.
June 4,1976 in Waynesboro,VA. motel on the way to Virginia Beach watched the Boston-Phoenix 3OT game.
With the world today Magic Johnson was on tv complaining about his hometown. What Magic needs to do is give 100 million dollars to all the metro LA hospitals.