•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Greer Named Corbin Coach
Westside Wrote:I hope some member from Boyle County doesn't call me out on this post and say I don't know what I'm talking about. Oh yeah, that member was sent packing. Too bad. Anyway, how do you all feel about this hire?

WAIT! No more FoSho? We can't be that lucky.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I would like to see Buckner get a shot at oc. I like the way he coaches and already has a great relationship with the team. Does anyone know where Ricky Bowling is coaching at, he would be a great addition to our staff on the offensive side.

He must be luring some recruits from Jellico lol
FBfan4life Wrote:WAIT! No more FoSho? We can't be that lucky.

She will have a new alias.
Congratulations Coach Greer!!!
Congrats to Greer. Awesome defensive coach. Corbin will be fine as long as they put the right person in at OC.
pjdoug Wrote:She will have a new alias.

LMAO, He/ She will be EASY to detect if he/ she logs in another name.
FBfan4life Wrote:LMAO, He/ She will be EASY to detect if he/ she logs in another name.

He’s not been on here in weeks.. y’all making him pay rent for living in your head? I think he was arrogant but lord the obsession is real
The hounds will be fine under Coach Greer. Unfortunately, Corbin
FBfan4life Wrote:LMAO, He/ She will be EASY to detect if he/ she logs in another name.

She sure will Confusednicker:
FootballFan1999 Wrote:He’s not been on here in weeks.. y’all making him pay rent for living in your head? I think he was arrogant but lord the obsession is real

I doubt anybody is obsessed with her Smile
SHE acted like a the kid with the basketball, if it don't go her way, she'd take it home. Unfortunately for her, it was not her basketball, nor her COURT. haha But... only the flip side, I do miss making her blood pressure sky rocket.

Back on topic.. I hope the OC is Buckner if the hire comes from within. Anyone who really talks to him about football understands his OFFENSIVE I.Q. He is one of the most offensively minded individuals I know. He would def elevate our offense. He knows/understands/runs many different offensive schemes. I remember playing football on the old Nitendo64, and it asked what kind of play book you wanted and gave you different options. One of those options was basically a shortened version of each scheme wrapped up into one. THATS HIM. And with our personnel this year and coming up, I think it would work perfect. Of course we can and will do the spread. But we can also do the ground and pound, the option etc. Could you imagine how another team would have to prepare for you taking all that into account? It's almost like preparing for UK this year, only multiplied. Each new week, adding another wrinkle. And our players could excel in a system like that with few substitutions doing. Line up in the spread one play, the next your keeping them tight running it up the gut.

If the job goes to someone outside the program, well I don't really know who I would want. A lot of very qualified candidates are behind the scenes of most programs. 90% of you and me could tell you who the OC's for another team is. There's a diamond in the rough out there somewhere. But either way, I want to see Buckner on the sidelines. Because after several conversations with him, I came away that he was a big part in what we do. VERY VERY underrated assistant.
Hound05 Wrote:SHE acted like a the kid with the basketball, if it don't go her way, she'd take it home. Unfortunately for her, it was not her basketball, nor her COURT. haha But... only the flip side, I do miss making her blood pressure sky rocket.

Back on topic.. I hope the OC is Buckner if the hire comes from within. Anyone who really talks to him about football understands his OFFENSIVE I.Q. He is one of the most offensively minded individuals I know. He would def elevate our offense. He knows/understands/runs many different offensive schemes. I remember playing football on the old Nitendo64, and it asked what kind of play book you wanted and gave you different options. One of those options was basically a shortened version of each scheme wrapped up into one. THATS HIM. And with our personnel this year and coming up, I think it would work perfect. Of course we can and will do the spread. But we can also do the ground and pound, the option etc. Could you imagine how another team would have to prepare for you taking all that into account? It's almost like preparing for UK this year, only multiplied. Each new week, adding another wrinkle. And our players could excel in a system like that with few substitutions doing. Line up in the spread one play, the next your keeping them tight running it up the gut.

If the job goes to someone outside the program, well I don't really know who I would want. A lot of very qualified candidates are behind the scenes of most programs. 90% of you and me could tell you who the OC's for another team is. There's a diamond in the rough out there somewhere. But either way, I want to see Buckner on the sidelines. Because after several conversations with him, I came away that he was a big part in what we do. VERY VERY underrated assistant.
I'm impressed that you are impressed by the Jellico guy.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm impressed that you are impressed by the Jellico guy.

Come on Dougie he’s young, so he took the head coaching job at Jellico...Whether you want to credit him or not he’s still got experience playing college football and even Haddix was very complimentary of his football IQ...I’ve watched him interact with kids and seen him coach, the guy has potential no matter where he started coaching at...

But nonetheless I’m glad to see you back I was just about to post asking about you hope your doing well...
single shot Wrote:Come on Dougie he’s young, so he took the head coaching job at Jellico...Whether you want to credit him or not he’s still got experience playing college football and even Haddix was very complimentary of his football IQ...I’ve watched him interact with kids and seen him coach, the guy has potential no matter where he started coaching at...
I do give him credit and said I'm impressed that you Corbin fans are impressed by him. He is a good coach. I wasn't being sarcastic. lol
single shot Wrote:But nonetheless I’m glad to see you back I was just about to post asking about you hope your doing well...
I'm doing better right now than I have been and thanks for caring brother. I hope you are doing well.
single shot Wrote:Come on Dougie he’s young, so he took the head coaching job at Jellico...Whether you want to credit him or not he’s still got experience playing college football and even Haddix was very complimentary of his football IQ...I’ve watched him interact with kids and seen him coach, the guy has potential no matter where he started coaching at...
I'm actually not sure if Jellico has had a better coach than him.
pjdoug Wrote:I do give him credit and said I'm impressed that you Corbin fans are impressed by him. He is a good coach. I wasn't being sarcastic. lol

More ribs please and hold the rain, lol.
Bull got out! Wrote:More ribs please and hold the rain, lol.

Some of you guys help me find good deal on some scrap metal to complete my smoker build and Ill try to cook you some ribs when this rain slacks.lol
Im all in on that, send me a list.
pjdoug Wrote:I do give him credit and said I'm impressed that you Corbin fans are impressed by him. He is a good coach. I wasn't being sarcastic. lol

My bad buddy, you never know with you though...glad to hear your doing better prayers for your health...

Very high IQ offensively. And he understands our personnel. So it’s hard not to like him. I’d like to see him calling the plays for at least one season just to see how it plays out. Haddix was a good play caller, but he had tendencies that a corn creek middle school coach could pick up on. I think Buckner could keep everyone guessing with his extensive knowledge on several different schemes.

Plus I’m pretty sure he’s related to SUR.

I think you could see where people get that from? 🤣
pjdoug Wrote:Some of you guys help me find good deal on some scrap metal to complete my smoker build and Ill try to cook you some ribs when this rain slacks.lol

I’ll hook you up with cousin. He’s a devout recycler. He’s always taking copper off air conditioners and converters from cars. He’s so into recycling that he even goes to jail for his beliefs. Poor guy.

If you’re serious, try the scrap yard between London and Corbin on 25. Or the one in grays. PM me and I can get ya the names
Maybe some confusion already in Corbin? I am hearing Greer not naming an OC? Calling plays by committee? Doesn't want to upset some parents.
Hound05 Wrote:Very high IQ offensively. And he understands our personnel. So it’s hard not to like him. I’d like to see him calling the plays for at least one season just to see how it plays out. Haddix was a good play caller, but he had tendencies that a corn creek middle school coach could pick up on. I think Buckner could keep everyone guessing with his extensive knowledge on several different schemes.

Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
single shot Wrote:My bad buddy, you never know with you though...glad to hear your doing better prayers for your health...

I like to keep you guessing to see how your clock ticks. lol. Thank you very much. I really appreciate that.
Hound05 Wrote:Very high IQ offensively. And he understands our personnel. So it’s hard not to like him. I’d like to see him calling the plays for at least one season just to see how it plays out. Haddix was a good play caller, but he had tendencies that a corn creek middle school coach could pick up on. I think Buckner could keep everyone guessing with his extensive knowledge on several different schemes.

I don't know him personally, but I would almost bet that I'm his cousin more than once, and he is no relation to 64SUR Smile
Hound05 Wrote:I think you could see where people get that from? 🤣

I always say that my grandfather invented sarcasm Smile
Hound05 Wrote:I’ll hook you up with cousin. He’s a devout recycler. He’s always taking copper off air conditioners and converters from cars. He’s so into recycling that he even goes to jail for his beliefs. Poor guy.

If you’re serious, try the scrap yard between London and Corbin on 25. Or the one in grays. PM me and I can get ya the names
I already have a trailer and tank and hinges. I just need a couple parts to build my fire box. I don't want metal from a guy that gets high on household cleaning products or strips the wiring out of houses that people live in.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next