Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank best freshman classes in 14th
Who has the best freshmen class in the 14th? I’ve heard perry, hazard and breathitt are all good, also know that kcc freshmen are good, and they are legit freshmen, no hold backs on that team, how would you rank the teams?
1. Perry - Beverly, Day, McAlarnis
2. Breathitt - Bellamy, Hoskins, Sperry
3. Wolfe - Ritchie, Mayabb
4. Hazard - Johnson, Pelfrey, Shoptaw
5. Knott - Haddix, Higgins, Smith, Slone

Perry and Breathitt have the best freshmen classes by far.
Think I would include Sawyer Patrick with the Hazard freshmen. May be the best one out of them all.
I think Perry ‘s is the best all they need is a big boy and they are set for several years to come!
Wyatt Hensley for Leslie is easily the best freshman in the 14th region. Their is no argument. Let's be real here. He's the only freshman averaging 18 points per game.
4ever witness Wrote:Wyatt Hensley for Leslie is easily the best freshman in the 14th region. Their is no argument. Let's be real here. He's the only freshman averaging 18 points per game.

Zack Watterson at Lee is averaging more.
Breathitt’s Freshman squad looks to me to be top dog at the moment, with Knott and Perry not to far behind them.
4ever witness Wrote:Wyatt Hensley for Leslie is easily the best freshman in the 14th region. Their is no argument. Let's be real here. He's the only freshman averaging 18 points per game.

Riherds scoreboard says otherwise. Wyatt Hensley is only averaging 11 points a game on a very bad Leslie County team. Why come on here and make stuff up? Get your facts straight.
Need to add another Bellamy and a combs to Breathitt a list of freshman. But by time it’s done I’m sure PCC will add a few more to the roster as well.
While he is actually averaging 11 points, he Likely to break 1,000 points next season as a sophomore.
If I am not mistaken, I believe Sperry is in 8th grade. Combs, Bellamy, Sperry, and Hoskins are going to be something special in a couple of years.
Kcc freshman beat hazard freshman a few weeks ago by 6 and beat perry Jv with macalarnis by 16. Perry did not play Beverly and day. Knott county’s freshman team is also their JV. So there’s no upperclassmen on that JV. Breathitt and perry are #1 and #2. But I think Knott is #3 right now from what I’ve seen and heard.
The Mayabb kid is going to be a special player!
Boys hoops Wrote:Kcc freshman beat hazard freshman a few weeks ago by 6 and beat perry Jv with macalarnis by 16. Perry did not play Beverly and day. Knott county’s freshman team is also their JV. So there’s no upperclassmen on that JV. Breathitt and perry are #1 and #2. But I think Knott is #3 right now from what I’ve seen and heard.

Knott county has potential, but nothing special. I wonder if they run off Higgins like they did the older Higgins? I think that Perry, Breathitt, and Hazard are top 3. Go Dawgs!
Watterson at Lee is averaging 26.7 Ppg and Combs is averaging 20.5 ppg. Both are freshmen.
Buckhorn has a freshman guard Hayden Neace seems to have the potential to make a solid player
I don't know what you mean by a "bad" Leslie county team... The Eagles have a great shot at knocking of the region favorite vs hazard. They match up with them better than anyone in the region with two bigs. Hazard has no answer for Trent Day as well as Trent Asher holding wade to only 1 field goal the second half. This isn't a bad Leslie County team. So for Wyatt to be averaging this as a freshman that's impressive.
Boys hoops Wrote:Kcc freshman beat hazard freshman a few weeks ago by 6 and beat perry Jv with macalarnis by 16. Perry did not play Beverly and day. Knott county’s freshman team is also their JV. So there’s no upperclassmen on that JV. Breathitt and perry are #1 and #2. But I think Knott is #3 right now from what I’ve seen and heard.

Not a true indicator if Day and Beverly did not play. Shows that they are playing with varsity at a higher level.
I think Leslie has a pretty solid Freshman Class. Hensley easily the best Freshman in the region. They also have a 6’7” kid that hasn’t played much due to a football injury. They say is has some potential.
Hensley isnt easily the best freshman in the region. Physically he isnt even close to some of the others. Hensley plays on a team thats in the bottom of the pack in the region. He wouldnt start at Wolfe, Breathitt, Perry, Hazard, or Estill.
I think that’s up for debate. In most of those cases you have upper class-men who may be Jr. or seniors that have a few years of experience on him that have a starting spot. The fact that he has been starting varsity as an 8th grader and this year kinda strengthens his debate. He can shoot, pass, drive, and can handle varsity level pressure. My point is, a team like hazard doesn’t have a starting freshman may be because they don’t have a freshman good enough to start. as in Hensley’s case, he’s good enough to start which would make him one of the best freshmen in the region. The best? I don’t know, but top 3 definitely.