Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central 65 Hazard 64 (OT)
Final.
Big win for the Commodores going into post season. Congrats
this game should never went into overtime. the run out the refs should have to balls to call what it really was. the hazard player had a step on the pcc player. by the rules that should be a flagrant fouls. two shots and the ball back, with hazard up 3 and 1 sec left. so game over..... that last shot by pcc, it look like the pcc player foot was on the line. there was bad calls on both side of the ball. that one call cost hazard the win.
cj2561 Wrote:this game should never went into overtime. the run out the refs should have to balls to call what it really was. the hazard player had a step on the pcc player. by the rules that should be a flagrant fouls. two shots and the ball back, with hazard up 3 and 1 sec left. so game over..... that last shot by pcc, it look like the pcc player foot was on the line. there was bad calls on both side of the ball. that one call cost hazard the win.

Still believe his foot was on the line?
MVP2 Wrote:Still believe his foot was on the line?

After seeing the pic... yep, right call. Hazard players feet is across the 3point line so perry def was.
MVP2 Wrote:Still believe his foot was on the line?

where I was at it look pcc player foot was on the line. if a player can jump dunk it behind the 3 point line, it is a 3 pointer. it just matter where the player take off from. but if the refs made the right call before that play, it a 3 or 2 would never be in ?. they can the foul, but the way the pcc player foul the hazard should be call a flagrant foul.
cj2561 Wrote:where I was at it look pcc player foot was on the line. if a player can jump dunk it behind the 3 point line, it is a 3 pointer. it just matter where the player take off from. but if the refs made the right call before that play, it a 3 or 2 would never be in ?. they can the foul, but the way the pcc player foul the hazard should be call a flagrant foul.

I’m sorry but you are wrong. At the end of games when a player is trying to stop a clock and put an opposing team on the line officials are reluctant to call a flagrant foul.
SmileyTown Wrote:I’m sorry but you are wrong. At the end of games when a player is trying to stop a clock and put an opposing team on the line officials are reluctant to call a flagrant foul.

so you are saying the player can foul the opposing team any way they want to stop the clock, and the refs just going to call a foul..... that is what you saying. so if that play happen early in the game, the refs would have call a flagrant foul. you just said what I said, but with other words. a flagrant foul is a flagrant foul no matter if it the first sec in the game, or the last sec of the game.
cj2561 Wrote:so you are saying the player can foul the opposing team any way they want to stop the clock, and the refs just going to call a foul..... that is what you saying. so if that play happen early in the game, the refs would have call a flagrant foul. you just said what I said, but with other words. a flagrant foul is a flagrant foul no matter if it the first sec in the game, or the last sec of the game.

Yes in a situation like happened last night it is interpreted as intent an official will give leeway on grabbing a player headed for a runout differently in end game situations. Intent not to flagrantly foul but to stop the clock.
Congrats Commodores. Perry may be playing the best ball in the region right now. Got off to a horrible start and have played a very hard schedule but appear to be peaking at the right time. On a five game winning streak including wins over Hazard Buckhorn and Wolfe, also North Laurel. The game before that last on a last second buzzer beater to Hazard.
Listened to this game! Would have loved to have been there in person. Bet atmosphere was insane! Always a great matchup. Hazard goes to Perry, beat them by 1pt. Perry goes to Hazard, returns the favor! Can’t wait to see what happens come District time! Man, I love this game!!
What station were you able to listen to the game on?
Boys hoops Wrote:What station were you able to listen to the game on?
You can listen to the games on wsgs.com on the internet. The games will be on Wsgs 101.1, WKIC 96.9, or WJMD 104.7. We cover Hazard, Perry Central, Buckhorn, and Leslie games.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

107.1 WKCB app..they do a good job. Nice play by play
Looks like Beverly from Perry played well. Seems like Hazard would have tried to keep him there.
Ok. Thank you. Most stations around here are just awful, not listened to a game in a while. I’ll check 107.1 and see how they do. Is it still Anthony bersalia doing the play by play? Or do you know?
14th region fanman Wrote:Looks like Beverly from Perry played well. Seems like Hazard would have tried to keep him there.

The Beverlys have always played at county high schools from what i have heard members of Hazard coaching staff had a conversation staff asked him where he planned to attend high school and he said he was going to stay at Hazard this year but go to Perry next year as a freshman. They reportedly told him he might as well go. He is only an eighth grader his family was not happy they confronted him and talked to him alone. He left that same week. I admit this is secondhand talk. But that is what i have heard. Take it with a grain of salt.
Congrats Commodores looks like it is setting up for a great district tournament. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Boys hoops Wrote:Ok. Thank you. Most stations around here are just awful, not listened to a game in a while. I’ll check 107.1 and see how they do. Is it still Anthony bersalia doing the play by play? Or do you know?
Anthony works at WXKQ 103.9 Whitesburg
This was a great game Friday night at Memorial. If you are a high school basketball fan, it was the place to be. In my opinion, Hazard, Wolfe, and Perry round out the best teams in the region. Very unfortunate for Knott to lose McGuire as he is the core of the team. Other teams could make some noise but I don't believe they have enough horses in the stall to make a run. I still think Hazard is the best team although Perry beat them on their own court. Should be a fun regional tournament.
Not my region but I happened to be at this game. It was a great game full of atmosphere!
ballislife33 Wrote:Not my region but I happened to be at this game. It was a great game full of atmosphere!

Always is, feels like a post season game about everytime they play.