Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolfe County 75 Breathitt County 74
Great game between these two Wolves 75 Breathitt 74
Breathitt shot the ball really good and dominated the boards early but Wolfe settled in and made the plays to win. Good game for both teams, should be a fun district tournament.
Bluegrass Sports Nation made it possible to watch this one live. Great game. Both teams really gave it their all.
Great game by the Wolfe County clock keeper
When Slaughter is in the lineup for Breathitt they can beat any team in the region.
Blue Lips Wrote:Great game by the Wolfe County clock keeper

What happened?
Wolfe won
It was just an honest mistake by the clock keeper. He inadvertently blew the horn after a missed FT. Breathitt gets rebound and scores. Refs convened and decided to take the basket away and give Breathitt the ball back.

So basically the Refs have set a precedent that if the visiting team is getting ready to score just blow the horn and the Refs will wipe it off
Was an honest mistake. But please don’t act like it cost Breathitt the game. The refs gave the ball back to Breathitt County underneath their basket. And they scored on the inbounds play. So they got the 2 points that the refs took away back on the play. But it’s good to have excuses.
14th region fanman Wrote:Was an honest mistake. But please don’t act like it cost Breathitt the game. The refs gave the ball back to Breathitt County underneath their basket. And they scored on the inbounds play. So they got the 2 points that the refs took away back on the play. But it’s good to have excuses.

This is true. But how much more time was took off the clock for that to happen?
There was no time took off. The horn went off. The clock never started running.
It was an error by the clock keeper. The basket that they scored when the horn when off was was scored without the clock running.
Refs stopped the play. Gave Breathitt the ball back. And they scored on the play.
[quote=14th region fanman]There was no time took off. The horn went off. The clock never started running.
It was an error by the clock keeper. The basket that they scored when the horn when off was was scored without the clock running.
Refs stopped the play. Gave Breathitt the ball back. And they scored on the play.[/

Yes 10 seconds ran off the clock when the horn blew. Then the time that ran off the clock when they gave Breathitt the ball back. So we are talking about 30-45 seconds that could have helped in the end. Or changed the game in a different outcome.
Considering all the touch fouls that was called on Wolfe, I think it all worked out about right
It’s sad that people can’t accept a loss and move on. This was a good game between 2 teams that played hard for 32 minutes. If Breathitt would have won it wouldn’t change anything as far as district seeding goes. Wolfe beat Breathitt at Breathitt earlier in the season by 9 points so they would have the tie breaker. As far as losing time, you can play the what if game 1000 times in each game. Bottom line is Breathitt had 9 seconds at the end to win the game and didn’t make a play. If there was more time on the clock after Breathitt’s turnover Wolfe might have made both FT’s after Breathitt fouled and forced another turnover. See it’s easy to play the “what if” game. Much easier to make the plays when you have the opportunity and if you don’t own up to it and learn from it which I’m sure is what Coach Noble will do it’s just too bad others can’t do the same.
Wolfeman Wrote:Considering all the touch fouls that was called on Wolfe, I think it all worked out about right

BHS was up 8 on Wolfe until the Refs kicked in and got BHS in foul trouble. We knew that would happen being the game was at Wolfe.

Slaughter got closed lined once and refs swallowed their whistle.

Called a touch foul on BHS right before the halftime horn sounded.

Called a 10 second violation on BHS at 8.7 seconds (watch BSN replay)

Refs gave Wolfe a timeout late in the 4th with O’Hara laying on top of the basketball and no one having possession of the ball.

Just another typical night for in Wolfe County
The refs didn’t miss foul shots for Breathitt or make them turn the ball over on the last play of the game with a chance to win. They did however, blow the whistle to put Breathitt at the line. Breathitt is getting better and I still believe they could go deep into the regional tournament and maybe even go to the sweet 16. Last Friday they had every chance to beat Wolfe and just couldn’t get it done.
Wolfeman Wrote:The refs didn’t miss foul shots for Breathitt or make them turn the ball over on the last play of the game with a chance to win. They did however, blow the whistle to put Breathitt at the line. Breathitt is getting better and I still believe they could go deep into the regional tournament and maybe even go to the sweet 16. Last Friday they had every chance to beat Wolfe and just couldn’t get it done.

That’s true as well
It was a hard fought battle, between two evenly matched teams, in my opinion. Wolfe's guards are tough and talented, and when they are hitting shots, they are tough to beat. I think the Wolves rely too much on the three, but if they continue to fall, they are going to be a tough out in the regional tournament. Breathitt is getting better, but they are still having trouble closing out games. I think the Bobcats are one year away from being a regional contender, but anything can happen this year in the 14th. Good luck to both teams moving forward.