Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 62 Johnson Central 60
Final from PHS

Close game throughout. Congrats Tigers!
Not a lot of talk about Paintsville on here as a team to win the region but they’ve had two huge wins as of late
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
It appeared Watts was dressed tonight. This will be a huge lift for the Tiger when he’s back at 100%. Great game tonight between the cross town rivals.
It was a very good atmosphere last night. The Tigers are now in the drivers seat in the 57th district. I thought the team rebounding effort of the Tigers along with the defensive effort of Braxton Tharp on May were the keys to the Tiger win. Paintsville owned the glass last night. I’ve never seen a McKenzie coached team be as soft as this years version is for Central.
Paintsville is going to be tough to beat in the 57th this year. They just rebound and play defense so hard.

It’s really starting to hurt JC that they don’t have a true center. They were dominated on the glass last night. The one positive for JC is that they are starting to shoot better from 3. They’ve found two kids that can come in off the bench and really space the court with outside shooting.
The season is still early.
Ralph Furley Wrote:It was a very good atmosphere last night. The Tigers are now in the drivers seat in the 57th district. I thought the team rebounding effort of the Tigers along with the defensive effort of Braxton Tharp on May were the keys to the Tiger win. Paintsville owned the glass last night. I’ve never seen a McKenzie coached team be as soft as this years version is for Central.
I said it last year, and I’ll say it again this year. Braxton Tharp is the most underrated player in EKY. Hard nosed defender, always balls to the wall. Can handle the ball and score if they need him too. Always gives 110% on both ends of the court. True team player.
How did Seth Williams play? Heard he’s not getting much playing time.
Spud6 Wrote:Not a lot of talk about Paintsville on here as a team to win the region but they’ve had two huge wins as of late

Been that way since preseason. So far in the district they’ve defeated Magoffin, Martin co and Johnson Central. Paintsville had an EXTREMELY tough schedule to start the season and those tough early games, are paying off for the Tigers. Fuget is arguably the best player in the Region with a lot of talent surrounding him. Keeton is a Beast in the middle and one who will out rebound anyone he goes against. The 57th District is going to be some competitive Basketball.
ducky Wrote:How did Seth Williams play? Heard he’s not getting much playing time.

He seemed to struggle coming off the bench. Don’t believe he got up a shot. Played pretty good defense but just couldn’t find a Rhythm last night.
Mister D Wrote:Paintsville is going to be tough to beat in the 57th this year. They just rebound and play defense so hard.

It’s really starting to hurt JC that they don’t have a true center. They were dominated on the glass last night. The one positive for JC is that they are starting to shoot better from 3. They’ve found two kids that can come in off the bench and really space the court with outside shooting.

Lack of an inside presence did hurt JC in this one. Don’t get me wrong, Keeton was strong last year but having this past season on the football field and in the weight room has made a tremendous amount of difference in that young man’s game.
Wish I could have made it to this game. Sounds like it was a dandy. I don’t get to go to basketball games as often as I used to but hope that I can catch the next one.
King getting in foul trouble hurt JC on the boards. Baron Ratliff hit some big shots for the Tigers. Great win! Is there a better atmosphere than a small packed gym for JC vs Paintsville? I miss the small gym atmospheres, Paintsville even had the temperature cranked up for old times sake!
TigerForLife Wrote:King getting in foul trouble hurt JC on the boards. Baron Ratliff hit some big shots for the Tigers. Great win! Is there a better atmosphere than a small packed gym for JC vs Paintsville? I miss the small gym atmospheres, Paintsville even had the temperature cranked up for old times sake!

Barron knocked down some BIG shots and yes it was good and warm!