Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott Grizzle New Head Coach At Hazard
Congratulations to Coach Grizzle. Good hire for Hazard and Good move for Coach Grizzle
What a great opportunity for him, can’t wait to see what he does there.
Big time job for Grizzle!!! He better have is big boy pants on because Hazard is not a "Cupcake" football program. They expect to win. When was the last time Hazard had a 500 season? Grizzle coming from a school where 500 is a great season.
When was the last time Green up kept a coach longer than 4 years.
Football Pride 002 Wrote:When was the last time Green up kept a coach longer than 4 years.
You do realize the coaches chose to leave. They were not ran off. He had to leave due to his past catching up with him. Grizzle chose to leave under the smoke screen that everyone is so mean there. He left due to not developing the program. How you treat your team and shady coaching catches up with you. It will have to change in Hazard or they will run him off.
Bluegrass01 Wrote:You do realize the coaches chose to leave. They were not ran off. He had to leave due to his past catching up with him. Grizzle chose to leave under the smoke screen that everyone is so mean there. He left due to not developing the program. How you treat your team and shady coaching catches up with you. It will have to change in Hazard or they will run him off.

I get the sense that someone’s kid didn’t get the playing time mommy/daddy thought they deserved. Or had to play D tackle instead of QB. Lol
Not sure what you mean but I would be impressed that a Defensive Tackle could play QB. Lol. Nice one genius.
Football Pride 002 Wrote:When was the last time Green up kept a coach longer than 4 years.

Maynard coached from 1998-2004= 6 years

Sammons Coached from 2005-2008= 4 years

Copley coached from 2009-2010= 2 years

Mullins coached from 2011-2015= 5 years

Grizzle started in 2016-2019= 4
Anxious to see how it turns out!!
Hopefully coach Grizzle will be able to bring some excitement and energy with him to Daniel field! I believe this will be a good hire for the Dawgs. Anyone taking over this job has HUGE shoes to fill!
Tired of hearing it, Bluegrass is an upset daddy that MADE his son QUIT them team because he wasn't getting the ball. Give it a rest man, you seem obsessive.
^^ I was close lol
NoPicks Wrote:Tired of hearing it, Bluegrass is an upset daddy that MADE his son QUIT them team because he wasn't getting the ball. Give it a rest man, you seem obsessive.

I had someone tell me the exact same thing. It's rather obvious when you read the posts.
Bluegrass01 Wrote:You do realize the coaches chose to leave. They were not ran off. He had to leave due to his past catching up with him. Grizzle chose to leave under the smoke screen that everyone is so mean there. He left due to not developing the program. How you treat your team and shady coaching catches up with you. It will have to change in Hazard or they will run him off.

So if the hire a coach the comes in there and wins right away then I guess you’ll say it was all that coach and not Grizzle.
I hope for GC Football it’s not Moore....
NoPicks Wrote:Tired of hearing it, Bluegrass is an upset daddy that MADE his son QUIT them team because he wasn't getting the ball. Give it a rest man, you seem obsessive.

Or a old coach that Grizzle got rid of.
Close but no cigar! How many accounts do you have on this site. I guess you can post something and use your other three accounts too like it. Seems a little obsessive. Lol. I won’t post anymore so I don’t hurt your feelings. Good luck in Hazard!
Then who be a good coach for GC since since you no so much
I’ve not kept up with Greenup and don’t know Grizzle but it would seem to me he done a fairly decent job or Hazard wouldn’t have hired him, Hazard is leaps and bounds a better job....
Great hire for the Bulldogs. Called this one.
Oleballcoach Wrote:So if the hire a coach the comes in there and wins right away then I guess you’ll say it was all that coach and not Grizzle.
I hope for GC Football it’s not Moore....

If you think Zack Moore is a bad coach then you’re a fool. You can take a look at his win loss record and say whatever you want but ask anyone in the area and he got as much as he could out of the kids at East Carter, those teams were not talented at all. He also helped develop two of the best young coaches around in Daniel Barker and Tim Champlin.

The Guy knows football.
[quote=KYHSFB]If you think Zack Moore is a bad coach then you’re a fool. You can take a look at his win loss record and say whatever you want but ask anyone in the area and he got as much as he could out of the kids at East Carter, those teams were not talented at all. He also helped develop two of the best young coaches around in Daniel Barker and Tim Champlin.

The Guy knows football.[/QUOT

A friend told me that Greenup players wanted Moore to take over the team this past season after about game five. He told me his boy said Grizzle wasn’t as involved as he was the year before. So it sounds like the kids like coach Moore.
KYHSFB Wrote:If you think Zack Moore is a bad coach then you’re a fool. You can take a look at his win loss record and say whatever you want but ask anyone in the area and he got as much as he could out of the kids at East Carter, those teams were not talented at all. He also helped develop two of the best young coaches around in Daniel Barker and Tim Champlin.

The Guy knows football.

I wasn’t meaning he was a bad coach, I don’t think he’ll stay there more then a few years. I would say 4 at most.
No disrespect to Coach Grizzle. I just don’t know if this is the right hire for Hazard. It’s going to be an uphill battle for him to earn the respect of the Hazard community. It’s very hard for an unproven Coach, no matter how talented they are, to go to a place with a proven tradition like Hazard who just lost a legendary coach like Mark Dixon. His first job is going to have to walk the fine line of implementing his own ideas into the program and trying to get the players and the community to understand them and support them without leaving them with the feeling that he’s trying to “sell” them something. He’s going to have to get used to hearing “Coach Dixon never done it like this” and not take it personal. I know what I’m talking about. I saw the Mike Jackson era take place at Pikeville and it was a monumental failure on nearly every level for every reason I named above were not handled properly. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but it’s not going to be easy either. I wish Coach Grizzle good luck.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:No disrespect to Coach Grizzle. I just don’t know if this is the right hire for Hazard. It’s going to be an uphill battle for him to earn the respect of the Hazard community. It’s very hard for an unproven Coach, no matter how talented they are, to go to a place with a proven tradition like Hazard who just lost a legendary coach like Mark Dixon. His first job is going to have to walk the fine line of implementing his own ideas into the program and trying to get the players and the community to understand them and support them without leaving them with the feeling that he’s trying to “sell” them something. He’s going to have to get used to hearing “Coach Dixon never done it like this” and not take it personal. I know what I’m talking about. I saw the Mike Jackson era take place at Pikeville and it was a monumental failure on nearly every level for every reason I named above were not handled properly. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but it’s not going to be easy either. I wish Coach Grizzle good luck.

Truthfully, I’m not sure how much of that you will have at Hazard with the way things played out.

Most of the parents and boosters I’ve talk to wanted to see some change. Players as well. There is one big thing that would shock you that I’m not going to post on here. But, shoot me a DM.
I’ll admit I don’t know everything but I would think Hazard would have had better options. Guy has one playoff win in four years and went 0-4 against Raceland at a 3a school. Hazard expects way more than that.
fridaynightfights Wrote:I’ll admit I don’t know everything but I would think Hazard would have had better options. Guy has one playoff win in four years and went 0-4 against Raceland at a 3a school. Hazard expects way more than that.

Greenup hasn’t beaten Raceland since 2010, he is second all times in wins at the school. His first year as head coach for Greenup he went 7-5 this making it the most wins in a season since 2000, while also making it Greenup County first winning season since 2000. Greenup County’s 57-28 playoff victory at Harrison County was only its second postseason win since 2007. So you are saying the man was able to win at a school that normally doesn’t win, wasn’t a great choice for Hazard?
It was a great hire for them, and a great move on his part.
Maybe just maybe Greenup didnt have the talent to beat Raceland. You cant win the Kentucky Derby with a mule. He will have the players at Hazard to win. Remember the old saying its not the Xs and the Os. Its the Jimmys and Joes. Hazard has plenty Jimmys and Joes. I bet he beats Raceland next season in the playoffs if they meet.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Maybe just maybe Greenup didnt have the talent to beat Raceland. You cant win the Kentucky Derby with a mule. He will have the players at Hazard to win. Remember the old saying its not the Xs and the Os. Its the Jimmys and Joes. Hazard has plenty Jimmys and Joes. I bet he beats Raceland next season in the playoffs if they meet.

I would agree with with.
I don't know if he is a good hire or not, until someone said his name I had not heard of him. after a few games into the next season, i will say what i think about him. good luck to him.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Maybe just maybe Greenup didnt have the talent to beat Raceland. You cant win the Kentucky Derby with a mule. He will have the players at Hazard to win. Remember the old saying its not the Xs and the Os. Its the Jimmys and Joes. Hazard has plenty Jimmys and Joes. I bet he beats Raceland next season in the playoffs if they meet.
A school that has three or four times the enrollment of a rival school has, on average, three or four times the Jimmys and Joes of the smaller school. I agree that there is more to winning football games that Xs and Os, but all else being equal, a 4A school should beat a 1A school almost every time that the two teams meet. I don't think that the old saying about Jimmys and Joes applies to high school football, except for very small 1A schools whose enrollment numbers make it difficult to field a team.

Johnson Central has fielded a football team since the 1970s and for years, Paintsville dominated the Apple Bowl series with the Golden Eagles. Things began to change under former coach Bill Musick and near the end of his tenure at JC, the Golden Eagles held the upper hand in the rivalry. When he left, Paintsville resumed its pounding of JC until Jim Matney arrived.

I am not suggesting that Scott Grizzle is not a good coach - most coaches have struggled to win at Greenup County - what I am saying is that bad coaches lose even when they have great talent available to them. Football talent must be developed and students, athletes, parents, school administrators, and the community must make a commitment to building a great program or it never happens.

Hazard obviously has strongly supported the Bulldogs' football program for many years, so Coach Grizzle will have more going for him than the Jimmys and Joes that he will inherit. This is a great opportunity for him and I am sure that he realizes that expectations are higher and support for the program is stronger at Hazard than they were at Greenup County.