Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Top 10 (Dec. 23)
How would the BGR community rank the top 10 teams of the 15th region after almost a month into the season? Lots of competitive games from top to bottom so far.

1. Johnson Central
2. Shelby Valley
3. Pikeville
4. Martin County
5. Paintsville
6. Lawrence County
7. Prestonsburg
8. Belfry
9. Phelps
10. Betsy Layne

I think my top 4 are above everyone else in the region at the moment. 5-10, including Magoffin, East Ridge, and Pike Central will beat up on each other all year.
How much separates JC & SV?!
Boomer_Sooner Wrote:How much separates JC & SV?!

JC is the favorite to win the region. They have a good team from top to bottom. SV has the best player in the region and that’s the only thing keeping them with JC.
I think Martin County should be a 3. They have 5 strong starters and a talented bench. The starters compliment each other, each with their own talent, and if they could ever play as a team, would easily slide into the #1 position. MC needs to clear the entire coaching bench, sorry to say it but it’s true. Too much switching, not enough meshing together and getting their rhythm down. Too many substitutions too fast. I bet any other coach and assistants could take that team, definitely the 5 starters and win!
ballislife33 Wrote:I think Martin County should be a 3. They have 5 strong starters and a talented bench. The starters compliment each other, each with their own talent, and if they could ever play as a team, would easily slide into the #1 position. MC needs to clear the entire coaching bench, sorry to say it but it’s true. Too much switching, not enough meshing together and getting their rhythm down. Too many substitutions too fast. I bet any other coach and assistants could take that team, definitely the 5 starters and win!

MC has some nice pieces and they’re definitely in the most difficult part of their schedule, but as of today, they only have one good win against Lawrence County. Once they get into district I guess we will all see where they truly stand amongst the other top teams in the region.
ballislife33 Wrote:I think Martin County should be a 3. They have 5 strong starters and a talented bench. The starters compliment each other, each with their own talent, and if they could ever play as a team, would easily slide into the #1 position. MC needs to clear the entire coaching bench, sorry to say it but it’s true. Too much switching, not enough meshing together and getting their rhythm down. Too many substitutions too fast. I bet any other coach and assistants could take that team, definitely the 5 starters and win!

just got drubbed against Dunbar...….just sayin'
Read it again Josey! My scenario and winning isn’t the same as to how they were drubbed...had they kept along the lines of how they win the most and look most impressive, cards could’ve beat Dunbar, they’re not the same Dunbar team everyone is used to...
Paintsville ranked too high. No guards. Lawrence will beat them and Phelps could m
Shelby Valley bests JOHNSON CENTRAL come tournament time
Watch out for magoffin county. Had chance to see them play at mountain schoolboy classic at belfry. Shoot the ball well. Have good guard play. Barnett a freshman and Whitaker an eight grader are players keep an eye on this team.
Poorly coached
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Shelby Valley bests JOHNSON CENTRAL come tournament time

Both teams are very good this year.