Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunbar 49 Martin County 29
Final
Beat me too the post. Defensive struggle
The good news is, Martin County won’t be facing the same level of competition that they have been over the past few weeks once they get into the thick of region and district play.

Cardinals will be fine. Region play is going to be fun.
Same level of competition. A 3 win team yesterday and a 1 win team today. Same story in Martin County and surrounding counties: It will always be better tomorrow or next year. 15th Region is the weakest region in the state. You are right they will win some games just won’t beat the good teams.
WinkWinkler Wrote:Same level of competition. A 3 win team yesterday and a 1 win team today. Same story in Martin County and surrounding counties: It will always be better tomorrow or next year. 15th Region is the weakest region in the state. You are right they will win some games just won’t beat the good teams.

What were your expectations going into the holiday tournaments?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The good news is, Martin County won’t be facing the same level of competition that they have been over the past few weeks once they get into the thick of region and district play.

Cardinals will be fine. Region play is going to be fun.

Any team that only scores 29 points in a game should be embarrassed to even show up for post season games. That is horrible! You have a division 1 player recruit and your team scores 29 points? Not buying it at all!
No expectations but when you are claiming to be one of the best and most talented teams in the state then prove it.
Martin has played a tough schedule , let any team out of the 15 play them . They wouldn’t score 26 . Martin will be fine
Martin and Paintsville are the only two teams out of 15 , that left this area to play .
Give me a break. Won 1 game and lost 5 and you acting like they played the toughest teams. Johnson Central will beat them by 20 and then what will the excuse be? I have already stated in earlier post that people would say they played the toughest schedule but again, a 1 win team held them to 29. I am sure the stats will not reflect that though. The stats will show that their superstars each scored 20 points even though they only had 29. Martin County math.
I don’t know what your problem is with Martin , but enough is enough. This team will be fine when they start playing 15 region teams . And u know this also so try to down them all you can right now .
basketball101 Wrote:Martin and Paintsville are the only two teams out of 15 , that left this area to play .

I believe you need to do a little research. Johnson Central has traveled to Charleston, traveled to Tennessee for 3 games and just finished this weekend playing a team from Ohio and a team from Lexington.
WinkWinkler Wrote:Same level of competition. A 3 win team yesterday and a 1 win team today. Same story in Martin County and surrounding counties: It will always be better tomorrow or next year. 15th Region is the weakest region in the state. You are right they will win some games just won’t beat the good teams.

agree. 15th is awfully weak..
WinkWinkler Wrote:Give me a break. Won 1 game and lost 5 and you acting like they played the toughest teams. Johnson Central will beat them by 20 and then what will the excuse be? I have already stated in an earlier post that people would say they played the toughest schedule but again, a 1 win team held them to 29. I am sure the stats will not reflect that though. The stats will show that their superstars each scored 20 points even though they only had 29. Martin County math.

Where did they lose to a 1 win team? Clearly, you have a personal vendetta against them and the people around the program. Your routine has grown old dude, the fact the mods of this site continue to let you belittle the kids of this program is beyond me. I think its time for you to grow up a little and back off these kids some.
basketballx2 Wrote:Any team that only scores 29 points in a game should be embarrassed to even show up for post season games. That is horrible! You have a division 1 player recruit and your team scores 29 points? Not buying it at all!

With the murders row schedule they’ve faced, I’d say they would’ve struggled against anyone at this point. I don’t agree with how they built this schedule and now you come back home and have to travel to Johnson Central and Knott. The rest of January is going to be tough as well.
Murderers row schedule? Look at the records of teams that have beat them. Nonsense to say that playing and losing games will make them stronger when the coach makes no adjustments from the games they lose. Any grade school coach can guard Martin County.
WinkWinkler Wrote:Murderers row schedule? Look at the records of teams that have beat them. Nonsense to say that playing and losing games will make them stronger when the coach makes no adjustments from the games they lose. Any grade school coach can guard Martin County.

They played in the two toughest holiday tournaments in the state. I don’t know what you expect. I shouldn’t have to explain that to you.

Martin County is far from being one of the best teams in the state. Anyone who honestly thought that from the beginning of the season was either very biased or lives under a rock and doesn’t realize the 859/502 area codes are just more quality teams from top to bottom.

Martin County is capable of reaching the Sweet 16, but they’re also capable of not even getting out of their district.

You’ve dogged Martin County and every other team you’ve talked about. I really don’t know why the mods and admins continue to allow you to post on this website. I really hope you’re a student in high school and not a adult. If your are, I honestly feel sorry for you considering you take time out of your day every time Martin County plays just to get on here and tear them down and stir up a bunch of nonsense. It’s very sad.
WinkWinkler Wrote:Murderers row schedule? Look at the records of teams that have beat them. Nonsense to say that playing and losing games will make them stronger when the coach makes no adjustments from the games they lose. Any grade school coach can guard Martin County.

so 9-1, 8-3, 7-5, 6-6, 8-4, 12-0 4-7

That's 54-26 these teams all seem pretty good to me, stick to your day job Dave.