Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting PCC observation
Everyone knows pcc will have recruits coming in to make them a contender in the region. It’s a shame can’t get a good enough coach to make a decent team every year when you have 1200 students to choose from.
I'm a little bewildered at the situation at Perry. I'm certain player's parents and staff at the school can't be satisfied with the drama that this all entails. Coach Hoskins is outsourcing players that are staying with other residents. One such person is rumored to have helped the Perry program by taking in players that are at Perry and Cordia now within the 14th. It's prodigious.
MADDBOMBER14 Wrote:Everyone knows pcc will have recruits coming in to make them a contender in the region. It’s a shame can’t get a good enough coach to make a decent team every year when you have 1200 students to choose from.

PCC has one of the best coaches in the region. Shannon will have them ready come post season time. We are 6 games in on a young season, PCC struggled early last season too and won region. This might be one of the weaker PCC teams but I can bet you no one will want to draw PCC with the same roster it has today at the end of February.
It's obvious that Perry is wanting to win more than they want to invest in their own youth. It's a sad situation that Perry has to "acquire" talent that has zero connection to Perry in order to compete. Some of these seniors are watching their minutes go out the window for players that have no investment in the community or school. These new players don't understand what it's like to have grown up watching high school basketball in eastern Kentucky over the years, but get rewarded by "transferring" and getting the minutes. Something truly needs to be done about this situation and the situation at Cordia. It's out of control and needs to have the brakes put on it.
Da Truth Wrote:It's obvious that Perry is wanting to win more than they want to invest in their own youth. It's a sad situation that Perry has to "acquire" talent that has zero connection to Perry in order to compete. Some of these seniors are watching their minutes go out the window for players that have no investment in the community or school. These new players don't understand what it's like to have grown up watching high school basketball in eastern Kentucky over the years, but get rewarded by "transferring" and getting the minutes. Something truly needs to be done about this situation and the situation at Cordia. It's out of control and needs to have the brakes put on it.

I see your point but serious take would Cordia even be able to field a team without those players coming in?
MVP2 Wrote:PCC has one of the best coaches in the region. Shannon will have them ready come post season time. We are 6 games in on a young season, PCC struggled early last season too and won region. This might be one of the weaker PCC teams but I can bet you no one will want to draw PCC with the same roster it has today at the end of February.
[Image: https://media.giphy.com/media/kyM03ODmD74Mo/200.gif]
Bolz SMH. MVP ole Fatpat likes your style brutha but ole Hosky stays confused as a goat on AstroTurf brutha! Wowza! #stillbest6thman #circletisheadquarters More mash taters please!!!
Cordia has always been able to field a team before the recruiting started, so I don’t see that being a reason or excuse for it.
To say the Perry has one of the best coaches in the region is laughable. Shannon has had major recruits on any team he had success with. When he actually developes a team he can take the credit for winning. Right now all he’s proved is that he can coach AAU basketball. I have a lot more respect for coaches like John Noble, Robert Scott Creech, and Winston Lee who do it with their own kids win or lose.

What kind of message is the Perry County system sending to their kids? Go to school get into college and come back to your hometown and help rebuild our community but if we can replace you we will at the drop of a hat.
To say Perry has no feeder program is what is laughable for years their feeder program fed both Perry and Hazard. This year they have two excellent freshman in McAlarnis and Tyler Day who will be heard from for years add in Beverly an eighth grader who came through the Perry system and you have a nucleus that will make an impact for the next few years their are a lot of jealous people on here who like to gripe and complain because their teams never make the sweet sixteen
Just because they wear a Perry uniform doesn’t make them a “Perry” team. Perry just spent a few more bucks for this kid or that kid.
Being a good player does not automatically mean you will be a good coach. Hope PCC can get things rolling as the season drags on.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Just looking back over the years here is how the recruiting at Perry Central has gone according to Khsaa rosters.
Hatcher 11/12 Jaysean Paige
Spurlock 12/13 Justin Johnson
Hoskins 13/14 Damon
14/15-
15/16-
16/17 Iggy and Prince
17/18 Cameron Turner
18/19 Marquis and DeAndre

And can someone fill me in on the rule with the players living with coaches if they’re not their kids? The 13/14 year kid did and another one is currently. Also heard kids were receiving money from the board of education. They rented the kid in 17/18 a house in Airport Gardens.