•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 4 A Championship Johnson County Central 21 Boyle Co 20
single shot Wrote:I’m not at all trying to condone some of the things FoSho said but he’s had an emotional attachment to all this that’s contributed to him saying some things he probably shouldn’t have said. Being humble doesn’t mean that you lack self confidence or never stand up for the opinions or principles you believe in, It involves recognizing that you don’t know everything and your never willing to let someone else’s actions control yours...

I think what most would say is a lack of being humble by him. I agree with the emotional attachment. I don’t fault the guy for that. It’s the way he puts down others who disagree with him was my issue. Never faulted the guy once for loving his team. And cockiness isn’t even the word for it, it’s beyond that sometimes. It’s almost degrading and disparaging to others. Now I’ll freely admit me and him talked in private and have been squared away since. But history is history, sometimes we have to atone for what we’ve done and said to others. Now is his time I believe and I don’t fault others for doing it. I’ll agree with them, but I’m not personally gonna do it him regardless if I think it’s deserved. But like I said, can’t fault others for doing it. Everyone’s time will come. Mine came when I first joined and sh!t talked belfry fans to early at half time. We got smoked the 2nd! I ate my crow and gave them their due immediately.
single shot Wrote:I’m not at all trying to condone some of the things FoSho said but he’s had an emotional attachment to all this that’s contributed to him saying some things he probably shouldn’t have said. Being humble doesn’t mean that you lack self confidence or never stand up for the opinions or principles you believe in, It involves recognizing that you don’t know everything and your never willing to let someone else’s actions control yours...

That's what I've concluded. The poor guy sincerely just didn't have a clue what he was talking about. I almost feel bad in retrospect. He simply didnt know any better. My apologies to fosho.
Well, I have heard again that Chuck Smith is leaving Boyle. Is this just talk, or is he following his OC?
Hound05 Wrote:I think what most would say is a lack of being humble by him. I agree with the emotional attachment. I don’t fault the guy for that. It’s the way he puts down others who disagree with him was my issue. Never faulted the guy once for loving his team. And cockiness isn’t even the word for it, it’s beyond that sometimes. It’s almost degrading and disparaging to others. Now I’ll freely admit me and him talked in private and have been squared away since. But history is history, sometimes we have to atone for what we’ve done and said to others. Now is his time I believe and I don’t fault others for doing it. I’ll agree with them, but I’m not personally gonna do it him regardless if I think it’s deserved. But like I said, can’t fault others for doing it. Everyone’s time will come. Mine came when I first joined and sh!t talked belfry fans to early at half time. We got smoked the 2nd! I ate my crow and gave them their due immediately.

I’ll say this and then I’ll drop it, last year after we won I wanted to do the exact same thing that people are trying to do now but then the more I thought about it I realized it wasn’t me, it wasn’t something I would have normally done and I was letting someone else’s actions control what I done...And for what, it didn’t end up changing anything FoSho done, he was back doing the same thing a couple weeks later it’s just who he is and whether it’s right or wrong it showed me I was taking some of this stuff way to seriously, it’s a message board and for the most part no one knows any other persons identity, do you really care what I think on a message board? Does it change your opinion? JC won the state championship that’s not an opinion it’s fact nothing else said on here changes that, I’m off my soap box now, it’s time to drink another one and go to bed...
Granny Bear Wrote:Well, I have heard again that Chuck Smith is leaving Boyle. Is this just talk, or is he following his OC?

I haven’t heard anything Granny, personally I hope it’s not true high school football is better in Kentucky with coaches like Chuck Smith, and I could only see him leaving if it’s for college again...
single shot Wrote:I’ll say this and then I’ll drop it, last year after we won I wanted to do the exact same thing that people are trying to do now but then the more I thought about it I realized it wasn’t me, it wasn’t something I would have normally done and I was letting someone else’s actions control what I done...And for what, it didn’t end up changing anything FoSho done, he was back doing the same thing a couple weeks later it’s just who he is and whether it’s right or wrong it showed me I was taking some of this stuff way to seriously, it’s a message board and for the most part no one knows any other persons identity, do you really care what I think on a message board? Does it change your opinion? JC won the state championship that’s not an opinion it’s fact nothing else said on here changes that, I’m off my soap box now, it’s time to drink another one and go to bed...

I’ll try to take this in order haha...

Yes after we beat them it killed me not to do the same as he did. But like you I didn’t. Not who I am. Plus I’ve got to meet some very good folks from there that aren’t like that. So I showed class and credited them for all I could while crediting our team for winning. Like you said, nothing changed. It was met with injuries sickness etc. Fine. Like you said I’ll take the high road and let it go. Hell we won that’s all I care about.

Next question. I’ve met a lot of good people on here so I do take some of seriously. While I don’t personally know you, yes I do care about your opinion. I care about a lot of people’s, which is why I come here. To get others opinions to help shape and form my own. Sometimes I won’t agree, that’s fine. The difference is most will present facts cordially and dispute the claim. While a few just berate others that disagree.

Next question. Absolutely! yes I have changed my opinion on here more often than not! I USE TO HATE BELFRY!! All because of a few posters. I’ve come to learn they were the minority and are no longer here. I love belfry fans now. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

Yea JC won, and rightfully so. I don’t see how anyone could say they didn’t deserve it. I’m half way through watching the game again right now, they done what was needed.

Once again I think the issue is or was maybe, the constant over and over just pure “garbage” that was said for the last 3 years. Like someone else said, I don’t tbink he knew any better. Never thought of it that way. The whole “best team in the state. “We’d beat trinity”. And as I was reminded “we’ll win 3 titles in a row”. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. That stuff never really bothered me. It was how one person interacted with people who didn’t agree and basically went looking for trouble and provoked them.

As I said I’m not the kind that’s gonna run it in his face. But, to say I don’t get enjoyment out of others throwing back at him after 3 years would be a huge understatement. But that’s all I’m going to say about that. This has kinda got off topic, I’d like to get back on the game or other football topics. He’ll be back, maybe. They’ll be waiting for him.

So I’ve now heard, from sources NOT on here that chuck smith is also leaving Boyle county. I’ve heard he might have a spot at WVU. Anyone care to indulge?
single shot Wrote:I haven’t heard anything Granny, personally I hope it’s not true high school football is better in Kentucky with coaches like Chuck Smith, and I could only see him leaving if it’s for college again...

If this class was still gonna be around I’d care more. But as it sits, I kinda agree with ya, but I’m so concerned about US getting assistants we NEED Ive not had time to tbink much about it.

I will say this, and I said it earlier. The coaching in this game and the game against us was questionable at best. From what I’ve watched, that hitch route was there all day! No one close. It was getting 7-8 yards a play from multiple WRs. Then they go away from it? There once again were several WRs open on multiple plays but yet smith kept getting targeted? He might have been out running the coverage on most plays but as I watched several were overthrown and still hard throws to make when you have people wide open 20 yards down field.

After a private conversation, I now completely understand the whole FG thing and don’t blame them for that anymore. But that’s all I will say about that as it was in private.
Well, I guess my question has been answered. A friend of mine who frequents this site as well as a competitor's site, just sent me the following. It was posted on our competitor's site.

I had a former boss of 21 years and he’s also a good friend tell me about 1 1/2 to 2 months ago that Chuck and Chris Pardue both were going to retire at seasons end and that Brandon Smith would be the next head coach at Boyle, did I mention that he fishes with Pardue on a regular basis and they’re pretty good friends, I hadn’t given it much thought until today but this guy used to be a board member at Boyle and is a reliable source, at the time I ask if this was the gospel and he said it was what he was hearing.
Granny Bear Wrote:Well, I guess my question has been answered. A friend of mine who frequents this site as well as a competitor's site, just sent me the following. It was posted on our competitor's site.

I had a former boss of 21 years and he’s also a good friend tell me about 1 1/2 to 2 months ago that Chuck and Chris Pardue both were going to retire at seasons end and that Brandon Smith would be the next head coach at Boyle, did I mention that he fishes with Pardue on a regular basis and they’re pretty good friends, I hadn’t given it much thought until today but this guy used to be a board member at Boyle and is a reliable source, at the time I ask if this was the gospel and he said it was what he was hearing.

If it pans out it’s a big loss for Kentucky high school football as well as Boyle Co. but Chuck’s done more than his fair share to put Boyle Co on the map and cement a HOF coaching career in the process...
If all this is true, then Smith's legacy will live on through his son.
I thought this was a very good article for all fans to read, not just Boyle County ones.

https://www.amnews.com/2019/12/09/boyle-...pite-loss/
Hatz Wrote:I thought this was a very good article for all fans to read, not just Boyle County ones.

https://www.amnews.com/2019/12/09/boyle-...pite-loss/

That’s good stuff...
Granny Bear Wrote:Well, I guess my question has been answered. A friend of mine who frequents this site as well as a competitor's site, just sent me the following. It was posted on our competitor's site.

Granny you should have asked I posted this on another forum.😁
I did ask! Three different times! lol That shows how much you read my posts!!
Confusednicker:

A friend of mine sent that to me. I didn't ask who had posted it.

Granny Bear Wrote:I did ask! Three different times! lol That shows how much you read my posts!!
Confusednicker:

A friend of mine sent that to me. I didn't ask who had posted it.

First of all you’re my favorite poster on BGR but I hadn’t been on here all day been busy, I was at one of my sons fishing tournament’s around 2 months ago and as I said in the post a friend of mine told me He was hearing that Chuck, Pardue, and Hester were retiring after the season and I hadn’t thought about it for awhile but since the season ended Pardue’s daughter announced his retirement one of the coaches told me yesterday afternoon that he was hearing Hester was retiring from teaching but would continue coaching so my friend is 2-2 so far he also said Brandon Smith would be the next HC at Boyle.
1999 (15-0) & 2000 (15-0) - 2A
2001 (15-0), 2002 (13-2) & 2003 (15-0) - 3A
In Boyle County's heyday... the Rebels had an incredible 73-2 record and won five consecutive state football championships.

During that same time frame..... specifically 2001, 2002 & 2003.... JC went 5-25 and had zero playoff games.

My point is with the right coaches and support in place, a programs success can be maintained & just because your team doesn't win state championships year-in and year-out doesn't mean that your program is doomed forever.

Matney has talked about coming to watch JC play on a Saturday before he took the job. The game was against Rowan County, the Saturday after the Sept. 11th attacks. There might have been forty people in the stands for both teams..... and you guessed it, I was one of the forty. Eighteen years later, JC sells the most amount of tickets and has a top 5 attendance record for the class 4A game where people had to drive about two hours to get there.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
For what it’s worth my source was Chairman of the board at Boyle over 10 years and he and Coach Pardue fish together on a regular basis, and I heard Brandon attended the Louisville Central game.
Jack Lambert Wrote:First of all you’re my favorite poster on BGR but I hadn’t been on here all day been busy, I was at one of my sons fishing tournament’s around 2 months ago and as I said in the post a friend of mine told me He was hearing that Chuck, Pardue, and Hester were retiring after the season and I hadn’t thought about it for awhile but since the season ended Pardue’s daughter announced his retirement one of the coaches told me yesterday afternoon that he was hearing Hester was retiring from teaching but would continue coaching so my friend is 2-2 so far he also said Brandon Smith would be the next HC at Boyle.

First off, WTH?? I’m not your favorite poster? Hah I’ll remember that.

As they say in game of thrones. “You’ll need me for the wars to come” 😂

More importantly who is Brandon Smith?
Hound05 Wrote:First off, WTH?? I’m not your favorite poster? Hah I’ll remember that.

Brandon Smith is Chuckie's son and currently head coach at South Warren.
Westside Wrote:Brandon Smith is Chuckie's son and currently head coach at South Warren.

He’ll have his hands full following in those footsteps. Almost set up for failure. But if people look at it objectively, he’ll be ok if given time I believe.
Brandon has already won a state title at South Warren, when he took over the program it was terrible, he was an all state QB at Boyle with two state championships.
Jack Lambert Wrote:First of all you’re my favorite poster on BGR but I hadn’t been on here all day been busy, I was at one of my sons fishing tournament’s around 2 months ago and as I said in the post a friend of mine told me He was hearing that Chuck, Pardue, and Hester were retiring after the season and I hadn’t thought about it for awhile but since the season ended Pardue’s daughter announced his retirement one of the coaches told me yesterday afternoon that he was hearing Hester was retiring from teaching but would continue coaching so my friend is 2-2 so far he also said Brandon Smith would be the next HC at Boyle.
First of all, gone fishin' is an excellent reason for ME. I LOVE to fish!! Actually, if you catch some, it's just a bonus!!

Hound05 Wrote:First off, WTH?? I’m not your favorite poster? Hah I’ll remember that.

Jealous HoundDog???
Confusednicker:

Jack Lambert Wrote:Brandon has already won a state title at South Warren, when he took over the program it was terrible, he was an all state QB at Boyle with two state championships.
I think he will be a great fit for Boyle. Sounds to me like it will be a continuation of the same philosophy.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Brandon has already won a state title at South Warren, when he took over the program it was terrible, he was an all state QB at Boyle with two state championships.

Pretty sure they lost in the final 4 the year before he became head coach. He's done enough on his own without being over the top and nonfactual.
Mark Nelson was 20-6 his last 2 years there before heading to Tennessee to double dip.

Brandon has 3 State Championships. 2001, 2002, 2003, and a runner-up in 2004.
Sounds like they are getting a good one. What I meant by set up for failure, was coming in next year probably being down some compared to the last 3.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Pretty sure they lost in the final 4 the year before he became head coach. He's done enough on his own without being over the top and nonfactual.
Mark Nelson was 20-6 his last 2 years there before heading to Tennessee to double dip.

I was about to say I thought South Warren was kind of a gold mine when he took over!

It was a brand new school opening that coincided with a major dip occurring at Warren Central.

I mean the program has only been around since 2011.

2011 was pretty pedestrian, but also pretty solid for a first year program all things considered. They also started off in 3A thanks to the KHSAA enrollment figures which helped ease them into some wins and build momentum.

2012 and 2013 they reached the Regional Finals both years.

Smith took over with a loaded roster in 2014 and went to the Semi's with a team who started 13-0 before losing to Central by 2 points.

2015 they moved up to 4A with a Senior heavy team and went undefeated and won a title.

They certainly were not "terrible" unless Jack was confusing Warren Central and South Warren? There is no doubt Smith is a bright and shooting star, but let's not make it sound like he had some hard-luck story of taking his lumps and or raising a sinking ship. LOL
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I was about to say I thought South Warren was kind of a gold mine when he took over!

It was a brand new school opening that coincided with a major dip occurring at Warren Central.

2011 was pretty pedestrian, but also pretty solid for a first year program all things considered. They also started off in 3A thanks to the KHSAA enrollment figures which helped ease them into some wins and build momentum.

Smith took over with a loaded roster in 2014 and went to the Semi's with a team who started 13-0 before losing to Central by 2 points.

2015 they moved up to 4A with a Senior heavy team and went undefeated and won a title.

They certainly were not "terrible" unless Jack was confusing Warren Central and South Warren? There is no doubt Smith is a bright and shooting star, but let's not make it sound like he had some hard-luck story of taking his lumps and or raising a sinking ship. LOL

He’s actually Won 2 Titles.

Beat convincingly a good Johnson Central team in 2015.

They beat defending state champion Cov Cath last year.

He’s earned his spurs with results in a short time.

He played at WKU.
Granny Bear Wrote:I think he will be a great fit for Boyle. Sounds to me like it will be a continuation of the same philosophy.

It rarely works out as expected. Just saying. Brandon Smith is a darn good coach but I’m not sure I’d put all my eggs into that basket just because it’s family. It feels all warm and fuzzy but I’m not confident that plan works to many peoples liking. Too much to lose for all parties involved.
Rebel55 Wrote:Brandon has 3 State Championships. 2001, 2002, 2003, and a runner-up in 2004.

I believe Jeff Duggins was the QB on Boyle’s first 3 state title teams he was 44-0 and won Mr football his senior year 2001.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I was about to say I thought South Warren was kind of a gold mine when he took over!

You’re right I was thinking of Warren Central.
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next